main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine's Declaration

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DARTH_NICK_NACK, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kruhn

Kruhn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    How about this scenario?

CHANCELLOR PALPATINE: Senators, the threat to this Republic has not abated. While we have been fighting the scourge of Separatism that threatened to sunder this proud Galactic Republic apart, we've had an enemy at our side all along. It has burrowed itself, corrupting the institutions of this Great Republic in the shadows, while acting as a one of its pillars. This enemy, this menace is the Jedi Order!

[The Senate explodes into a roar at the revelation]

MAS AMMEDA: Order! Order! The Senate will be in Order! The Chancellor has the Floor!

CHANCELLOR PALPATINE: I love this Republic, I have done everything to help it. But it seems that the rot in the Republic is deeper than I thought. Why did the Jedi order a Clone Army without authorization? Why did they not reveal this to us except at the moment when the Separatists were about to attack us? Why do these so-called protectors of the peace need an army?

For treason, Senators! Therefore, using the emergency powers, I order the immediate arrest of all Members of the Jedi Order and the dissolution of the Order. I am also instructing the Justice Department to issue an arrest warrant for Jedi Master Yoda, who was the mastermind behind this conspiracy and the other members of the Jedi Council as co-conspirators.

BAIL ORGANA: I object! Is there any proof of this Chancellor?

CHANCELLOR PALPATINE: I know that the Jedi with their tricks have clouded the minds of many. But here is your proof, Senator!

[Activates a control and a sequence showing Mace Windu igniting his light saber threatening Palpatine, while Anakin Skywalker stops him with his saber.]

I believe the pictures speak for themselves.

BAIL ORGANA: I move for the creation of a commission to investigate these allegations.

MON MOTHMA: I second the motion!

CHANCELLOR PALPATINE: Your motion is out of order! The time for commissions is way past. The Jedi have polluted this Galactic Republic long enough. The Republic must take drastic action if we are to be saved from the scourge of the Jedi.

TARKIN: The Outer Territories move that the Chancellor be made permanently Head of State and that the honorary title of Emperor be bestowed upon him.

AAK ASK: [Speaking in Gand] I second the motion.

[The camera pans as the Senators show their support. A dejected Bail Organa and Mon Mothma shake their heads in defeat.]

CHANCELLOR PALPATINE: I love the Republic and what it stands for. I will do everything in my power to bring a new and better order to the Galaxy. This is the start of a new era of order and prosperity in the Galaxy.

This is a plausible scenario for the ascension of Emperor Palpatine. Tie it to the Jedi Purge and since he already has the emergency powers, which are unlimited. After all Palpatine said that he would relinquish the powers once the crisis abated. So the only way he can lose power is to be removed by a vote of no confidence. So we have someone move that he is made permanent head of state and the rest runs its course.

I know I am not Lucas, but I think I can write fairly good speeches as I've been debating for many years. So this is what I believe will happen on screen if Lucas decides to play it out for everyone to see.

2. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

There's no explicitly designated military council directing the progress of the war, but it is understood that in Episode III, the Senate has been trying to direct the war -- rather ineffectively. Guess who steps in to run the show? ?PH

I think that Palpatine will just declare very politely that he will keep his Emergency Powers for a reason that's not well known yet. The above quote strongly suggests that it?s because of the clone wars and because the senate wasn?t functioning well anymore, but I have heard opinions which state that Palpatine blames the Jedi for some deed.

Possibly he uses both reasons. Also somewhere in the movie, the Jedi must be blamed for something I think as they become outlaws of the Empire.

3. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I don't think he'll blame the jedi, just call them out and show how their ranks are breaking down and are slowly becoming useless. I don't think he will start namecalling and spitting everytime he says the word 'jedi' *spit* ;)

4. Darth-Side_Show_Bob

Darth-Side_Show_Bob Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2004
    I think he says something about there being WMD's at the Jedi Temple and that the Jedi have ties to Bin Ladin so the Senete just lets him get away with it.

Opps, that's actually real life. Sorry.

5. Kruhn

Kruhn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    I think he'll use the evidence that Sifo-Diyas a Jedi ordered the Clones from Kamino without Senate authorization. Now raising an army against the constituted authority is treason and rebellion. There's your reason for the Jedi Purge. Like I mentioned in my vision of the Senate scene giving Palps the title of "Emperor".

6. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Palpidious: "Dear senators it is with great regret that I must evoke the 'Declare Self Emperor' clause of the Supreme Chancellor act. It appears that our dear friends the Jedi Knights have decieved us all along. It was one of their own who started this conflict and we now have evidence that he acted in collusion with the Jedi order (see library files insert in your pamphlet). I wanted to lay down power when the time of crisis was over, but now we have a new and more dangerous threat from within our own republic. Why just today, my new body guard Anakin Skywalker was forced to kill Master Windu when the Jedi master came to my office with the intent of assasinating me. I fried him up like toast with Sith Lightnening first (we'll get back to that later), but Anakin had to kill him in the end.

To help with this new threat, I would like to introduce our newest fighters...the Storm Troopers. A more advanced version of our existing Clone Troopers. I am issuing a warrant for the arrest of Jedi and the following Senators who have colluded with them. Bail Organa....Padme Amidala...."

7. DARTH_NICK_NACK

DARTH_NICK_NACK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2004
    chancellor: seantorses the jedis are been nasty tu me they senta natsy macey windy to pokey a kitekaber in muy gute lukly muy frindy ankin k,ywalker killed ime now i wanna bee emperery

p.s if you cant translate palpatines 3-year-old talk i would be happy to and mistakes are on purpose

8. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Palpizzle:

For shizzle my senatizzles. I'm about to be the Empizzle up in the hizzie for shizzie. Me and my boy Ani-Dizzle is about to get all Sith up in the hizzle.
    All you trick a$$ busters that ain't down with my styzzle need to step back before I sick my Storm Trizzles on your punk a$$.

Aiight?

9. war_monger

war_monger Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 26, 2003
    Manowan, that made me want to slap you. :p

10. Sith-Monkey

Sith-Monkey Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2004
    Has anyone considered what Dooku said in AOTC? He said that hundreds of senators are now under the influence of a Sith Lord, Darth Sidious.
    He wont need approval from the Senate. They will give it to him, regardless of his reasoning. (The Jedi are traitors, or whatever)

My point is, it wont matter what his reason is, they will listen to him.

11. Darth_Skycrawler

Darth_Skycrawler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    There is some funny **** in this thread. thnx everyone for making me laugh!:)

12. Darth_Leeda

Darth_Leeda Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Palps became Emperor in AOTC when he was granted Emergency Powers.

In that moment he was given ultimate power, which of course, he will never return.

How does/did Palps become Emperor, you ask?

Just like Hitler. Through propoganda and manipulation.

-DL

13. GRANDMOFFCOLPETZER

GRANDMOFFCOLPETZER Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2003
    It's often been asked, "Why would the Senate follow a Sith Lord?", well they don't know he's a Sith Lord. Yeah, I know, "no s*it", right? It probaly goes down like many others have said, Palps covinces the senate, or by using the Dark Side, "forces" (pun intended), them to bestow the title of Emporer. I belive in ESB or ROTJ, Sidious says that he has disbanded the Senate, probaly as Palpatine.
    Whatta think B.S.?

14. HothIcePrincess

HothIcePrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2001
    It's in ANH that the Senate is disbanded (Moff Tarkin says so, and the regional governors get control, and fear of the Death Star... oh crap.. I'm going to start reciting lines).

I think the point that Palpatine is already Emperor due to his emergency powers makes sense, although somebody's going to give him the title. I imagine it parallels Julius Ceasar's rise to dictator.

AND... it's all Jar Jar's fault!

Maybe that's how it plays out... someone says hey Palpy sure has a lot of power... it's like he's some sort of Emperor dude... thanks a lot Jar Jar. Meesa feelin' bombad.

15. darth-smartie

darth-smartie Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2004
    im emperor enough said

16. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I always thought it would be cool if clonetroopers stepped into each senator's pod in the senate chamber, forcing them to accept what Palpatine has to say.

A little overdramatic and useless, but it sounds REALLY cool. It'd definitely be a throwback to when the rebels were surrounded on Endor! :eek:

17. D_N_N_4

D_N_N_4 Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2004
    no one knows yet

18. Marfus

Marfus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2004
    I like Kruhn's scenario. Though I'm pretty sure Amidala is also in the Senate at that time. I remember seeing a picture of her and a handmaiden in a pod. And if GL has a main character there, I'm positive that he'll use her in the scene.

19. master_galacticus

master_galacticus Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2004
    i agree with dnn4 no one nows yet

20. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I don't know what is really said because it hasn't been reveled yet. My own feelings are this:

It will be before the Senate. I believe that Palpatine will convince the people of the Senate that the Jedi can no longer do their jobs. Thus they can no longer be trusted. And he will assume full power to end the war. And bring "peace" to the galaxy.

21. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I like Kruhn's idea the most.
    It sounds more like what will really happen in ROTS.

22. constantlyacting

constantlyacting Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2004
    i simply believe that nothing will happen... there should be no change.. because in ANH there was still a counsil and then the Emperor disolved it... but overall i think nothing will be said or nothing will be done.. his minions call him Emperor.. and the rebels of the alliance call him that, but does the senate call him that.. also vader and the Emperor take on more star systems than whats in the republic... so therefore he just dissolves it once he gets his reginal govoners in place he dissolves the council cause its no longer useful..

23. darth_sidious_2000

darth_sidious_2000 Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2004
    im not being nasty constantlyacting but your idea is CRAP

24. Darth_Otaku

Darth_Otaku Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    How about this:

Palpatine: <waves hand> You will vote to make me Emperor.

Entire Senate: We will vote to make you Emperor.

<Senate unanimously passes the Palpatine is God act.>

Palpatine: Thank you! <walks off>

25. darth_sidious_2000

darth_sidious_2000 Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2004
    im not being nasty dr_otaku but your idea is CRAP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.