Palpatine's Declaration

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by DARTH_NICK_NACK, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheUnforgivenJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    After the jedi have declared traitors palps will make the case that only he maintain peace and order in the galaxy (thus replacing the jedi in this role).
  2. Wraith729 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Woah Darth_Sidious_2000, a little harsh huh? I'm pretty sure that was as serious an attempt at the fo' shizzle one was up a lil bit. Lighten up.
  3. darth_sidious_2000 Jedi Youngling

its not my fault there idea was crap
  4. constantlyacting Jedi Knight

yeah darth f%^& off! look at the storyline.. look at anything you want im willing to bet nothing will be addressed on his rise nothing.. it will be left alone and nothing will be said.. he already is Emperor he has all the power he needs...
  5. Darth_Dorkiness Jedi Master

star 3
    I think his rise to power will be more like Ceasar's rather than Hitler's. He is given emperor because he has the loyalty of the military and the people loved him for winning whatever war he won and the Senate was afraid of him because he had that huge army. He also kept the Senate around to manage the everyday crap that he didn't want to deal with. Palpy will do the same thing, and when I think that when he "wins" the war and then makes scapegoats of the Jedi, the Senate will just give him the title of Emperor.
  6. constantlyacting Jedi Knight

they cant officially give him that title.. its against there constitution.. like i said i think the senate will never recognize him as Emperor untill after hes dissolved it..
  7. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Palpatine will declare himself Emperor, because he has all the authority and control. That's what Emergency Powers is.
  8. Darth_Dorkiness Jedi Master

star 3
    It was against the Roman Laws too.
  9. darth_sidious_2000 Jedi Youngling

i agree with sinister and id like to say im sorry for calling the posts crap im going to france tomorrow so i wont be back here for nearly 3 months bye
  10. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It was against the Roman Laws too.

This isn't ancient Rome either. The Republic/Imperial Senate bares a strong resemblence, but deviate in certain aspects. This would be one of them.
  11. Darth_Dorkiness Jedi Master

star 3
    While I do agree that Star Wars and ancient Rome are not the same place.(even though they were both long ago) I do think there will have to be some sort of political procedure that makes Bu..uh..Palpy Emperor other than a quick vote for emergency powers. I think there would have to be some other statement in this movie that solidifies him as "The Emperor" rather than "Chancellor Palpitine."
  12. constantlyacting Jedi Knight

which leads me to believe the senate doesnt recognise him as emporor in rome he wasnt emporor until he disolved the senate and got a senate in there that was cool with him being emporor.. thats all it is.. there wont be a scene hes got what he needs with the emergency powers
  13. Havok Jedi Knight

star 1
    ...I think what happens is after the Clone war..Most of the Republic is in disarray. Usually after a big war with a lot of distruction..there are many differing views as to how the recovery is to begin..and the differing views can escellate to a civil war.. With this being said..I have to wonder if such a war happens..of maybe the OT is the final few years of it...

Based on Spoilers and Rumors..I think that the Jedi are not too happy with Anakin..(Marriage..and defiance and possibly killing Dooku when ordered not too..Possibly Dooku turns away for the darkside and Anakin slays him anyhow). The rift between the Jedi and Anakin causes them to reel in his over anxiousness..(The word patience is used quite often..) Anakin who feels a little disrespected leans even more on his friend Palpatine and according to some things..Palpatine uses his influence to have him appointed to the council. You know that has to strike a nerve ro two..Palpatine dictating policy toward the Jedi who feel they act at their own regard. This in itself causes the Civil War. The Senate is divided..many of the Senate are not thrilled with the Jedi, and want them to have a lot less influence and support Palpatine.. Others know the true nature of the Jedi and know they are the ones who will defend them at thier greatest time of need. During re-construction. The senate arguments expand outside the Senate chambers, and Palpaine makes his declaration that the Jedi are trying to control the Government through some rogue leaders...Tying all the problems with Dooku to the Jedi..in addition Sifo-dyas..ect..

Anakin is now at a crossroad...he is flowing along with the currents bouncing from one side of the river to the other.. The Declaration of the new Empire to drive out the Jedi is proclaimed and the Repubic forces (Which later becomes the Rebellion) must act. The Jedi know they must remove Palpatine. It appears that Palpatine and his followers are no match..and his power is about to be ended when Yoda, Mace and a few Jedi make it to Palpatine's office... Anakin at his crossroad has a decision to make..support Palpatine..the one who has been his friend..or those who have been holding him back.. Palpatine uses all his insidious information about his mother and him not allowed to help, The Jedi being too controlling, and that the empire can only repair itself if they (Senators) quit arguing and follow one powerful leader... At the moment that Palpatine needs him most..Anakin decides that it is time to choose..and can't bear to see his only friend and IHO the best chance to fix the government removed or killed. He stands with Palpatine and fights.. Anakin has improved beyond anything we saw before and fights all the Jedi.. he defeats several of the jedi until only Mace and Yoda remain. Combined they overpower Anakin...and he is close to losing, when Palpatine decides it is time to show the Jedi the true power of the darkside.. He unleashes a burst of force lightning that strikes Mace and Yoda simultaniously...sending them crashing across the room. Anakin looking at Palpatine surprised..smiles and moves to his side to stand shoulder to shoulder as Palpatine pulls out his lightsaber. Mace and Yoda recover and look at each other.. they realize that the veil of the darkside has fallen..

They battle for a while longer as Mace and Yoda absorb several blast of Lightning, but are being overwhelmed. Mace decides that he must defend a tactical retreat by Yoda. Yoda must escape to warn the Senators (ones who will lead the republic) and the remaing Jedi of which there are about a dozen..

Mace eventually falls to the two Dark Siders.. and Anakin rushes out to join the battle. Later we see Anakin being appointed the Apprentice of Sidious and some history of what has transpired for a millinum...as the Sith seek revenge on their hated enemy the Jedi.

Anakin at this point is assigned to seek out and destroy the remainder of the sepratist/republic and all Jedi he finds.. This is where he attacks the temple and kills the younglings who t
  14. NapoleonSolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    I believe it will all go down like this...

Bail Organa: Chancellor, the Senate is becoming worried"

Palpatine: Worried, Aboot What? Take a load off, relax!

Bail: You seem to be taking over the Republic

Palpatine: Taking over the republic? Me? Eeeyy, you need a rest, fella. I'm not a Sith Lord

Bail: We didn't say anything about you being a Sith Lord

Palpatine: Oh. You didn't? Heeyy, relax!
  15. All_Powerful_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    He already became Emperor in TPM, it's just that nobody realized it until it was too late. Over the course of the PT, he has been slowly consolidating his power.

Once the Republic's "enemy", the Confederacy, has been defeated Palpatine will continue to play up the threat of terror in the Galaxy and will uncover that the enemy was, in fact, controlled from within: they were the Jedi. So, in essence, Palpatine will project all of his evils onto other people and make THEM the enemy.

"What good is a democracy without it first serving the people?" - MF.com leaked dialogue of Padme from ROTS
  16. NapoleonSolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Seriously though,
    He will have to sway the senate with a big speech about how the Jedi are the bad guys. The Jedi Creating the Clone Army will be his trump card. With all the Jedi banished there will be no one to protect the Senators or the Republic.
  17. Hades2021 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm pretty sure that dialogue came from a webdoc. Right?
  18. NapoleonSolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    webdoc? is that in reference to my post
    what is a webdoc
  19. star_wars_EP_1 Jedi Youngling

20. Faulty_Robotics Jedi Knight

star 1
    I read somewhere that when the senate asks him to lay down his powers Palpy said something like
    "we have won the war against the separatists, but there is still an enemy...the jedi (probably a few objections here) Was'nt a former jedi that led the separatists? was'nt it a Jedi that tried to kill me in my office (this is after the mace confronting palpy scene) Therefore I declare a new order to destroy the Jedi order, the Empire. This will hunt down and destroy...Blah blah blah
  21. Faulty_Robotics Jedi Knight

star 1
    I believe it was on www.beforethemagic.com
  22. Jedi_Redeye Jedi Youngling

I agree. I think that Palpatine will use Mace attacking him as excuse to begin the official Jedi Purge and reason for consolidating Emperor status.

Or he will just change the title of his business card without anyone noticing until it's too late.

23. DARTHLARS Force Ghost

star 4
    See how the Imperial logo is a blend of the Republic and the Confederacy. This indicates to me that the Republic and the Confederacy will merge to become the Empire rather than one of them succeeding in conquering the other.

What if the Confederacy approaches the Republic to suggest peace? They blame the war on the Jedi, because Dooku was a Jedi. Therefore, as a condition for the peace, the Confederacy wants the Jedi removed.
    This gives the senate a choice: Peace or the Jedi? Of course they choose peace.
    The Confederacy also expresses its trust in Palpatine, handing him the power as Emperor over the Confederacy.
    When this is done, Palpy takes over the other half of the galaxy pretty easily.
  24. RABE_2989 Jedi Youngling

star 1
  25. Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Bump.

hehehe oldest thread ever.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.