main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Palpatine's (failed) plan to keep Vader on a leash

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I notice that several people have already pointed out all the ways that Sidious can keep Vader under his heel; including someone quoting me :p

But someone who was able to manipulate Vader into turning could also manipulate Vader into doing something stupid. Something as stupid as...say...pushing the http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BerserkButton][/url] Berserk Button of a freakishly powerful Force user... [face_skull]

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    Sidious always had Vader on a leash as soon as he had that suit put on him. That suit guaranteed Vader's obedience. And the end of ROTJ showed this by the results of him being electrocuted. But Vader just happened to get the drop on Sidious on the DS II and that is what freed him of his hold that Sidious had over him. I think though that Sidious would have wanted Vader to reach his full potential of force power so that may help them both learn they way to make one live forever. It seems that Sidious wanted to keep the legacy of the Sith order intact even beyond his death. Because he mentions in ROTS that the Sith shall rule once more. Did he mean just him and Vader or did he mean the Sith order? Because if Sidious dies whether at the hand of Vader or just of say natural causes, would he want the legacy to live on beyond himself?

Iron_lord likes this.