main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Palpatine's injuries

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by TheCowboyBuilder, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCowboyBuilder

TheCowboyBuilder Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2016
    Hi,
    I was reading some theories whether Palpatines injured face was caused by injuries by force lighting during the battle with Mace Windu or was his true face merely revealed ?

For me it's obvious that it was revealed as his face was like this since EpI when he appeared in Holographic transmissions and anytime he was Sidious with the hood.

I read the Novel Darth Plagieus years ago but I can't remember whether it revealed it or not.

So what is the "official" line ?

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    His face isn't shown under his hood, so it's impossible to know what his face was like while in disguise. That's the reason for the hood, to hide his face, otherwise he could just wear his 'mask' instead.

Darth Plagueis doesn't come down either way as far as I can recall. I don't remember any scenes of the 'mask' dropping at any point though, implying the deforming theory.

Dandelo likes this.
  3. TheCowboyBuilder

Sep 25, 2016
    Before these injuries from TPM you can see his eyes sometimes, also you can see his neck and mouth and it's definetely more "old" looking than the regular Palpatine features ...

4. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Not really:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

His chin is harder to see under the hood, but it's basically the same as his normal chin.

Vialco, CIS Droid, Avnar and 4 others like this.
  5. TheCowboyBuilder

Sep 25, 2016
    Thats good actually, but sometimes his eyes at least look a little yellow under the hood, not just after the duel ....
    I must re read Darth Plagieus .

6. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I think the only time we can actually see his eyes under the hood is in TCW Season 5 Episode 17, The Lawless, if I remember right.

This seems to be a common Sith trait, as yellow eyes have been seen in Vader, Maul, and Tyranus as well as Sidious.

7. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I'm pretty sure that Palpatine's facial injuries were the result of his reflected force lightning. That said, I always had the impression that Palpatine allowed this to happen. It appeared to me that Palpatine allowed Windu to inflict these injuries on him in order to force Anakin's hand.

I think that Palpatine was well aware that his battle with Mace would alter his appearance, but he did not seem to be in the least bit bothered by his scars. I think that Palpatine held back with Windu.

In a way, I do think that the scars that Palpatine received represented his "true" face. It's as if the scars brought it to the surface, so to speak.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    As established by Lucas and taken directly from the rough draft as seen in The Making of Revenge of the Sith book:

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. TheCowboyBuilder

Sep 25, 2016
    I just watched this episode, it was great !!
    There is a lot of episodes in TCW, I wonder is there a comprehensive list of episodes worth watching and ones I can skip :)
    I was looking at the top rated episodes in iMdB ... that helps :)

edit - Oh yeah, what the hell was Darth Maul doing there !! :eek:

Seems I have some catching up to do :)

10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I always liked the idea that with sith lightning it ages you if you use it too much haha...and he literally added 20 years with what he used on Mace! :cool:

TheCowboyBuilder likes this.
  11. Horror_Express

Horror_Express Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 2002
    The rough draft quoted above is pretty solid. For elaboration, TheCowboyBuilder, you might consider reading the old Revenge of the Sith novelization. They always go into greater detail.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Even the official script implies this is what's happening:

darklordoftech and Alexrd like this.
  13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes. Although only by that paragraph, one might get the idea that the injuries are solely due to the lightning being deflected back to him.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Since we've pretty much got this thread's question answered, and there is an earlier/similar thread opened, I'm going to close up shop here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.