main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Palpatine's Mission for Maul -- Assassination of Ahsoka?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Nerdling, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Maul assassinating Ahsoka is my idea for Palpatine's special mission for Maul. I think it would be a smart move on Palpatine's part and work well dramatically. Anakin is already displeased with the council for not backing Ahsoka and surely blames them for her decision to leave the order. If Ahsoka then dies because she is away from the order and away from Anakin's protection, then that would drive a wedge further between Anakin and the council and integrate Ahsoka's storyline more deeply into the Anakin's fall-to-the-dark-side story arc. It would also tie Maul's storyline together with Ahsoka's, and I think it would be really emotionally powerful. What do you think?

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    What's the point in sending someone out to whack Ahsoka? She has already walked out of Anakin's life. He presumably doesn't know where she's going or what she's doing. At this point assassinating her couldn't hurt Anakin any more than he already has been hurt.

Maul is probably going to be an inquisitor or a dark side adept or something.

3. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I suspect that this has already been discussed somewhat after The Lawless aired but before The Wrong Jedi aired. There was a lot of speculation as to what Sidious intended for Maul, whether it be making him an assassin or merely a test subject for various Dark Side experiments about cheating death.

That being said, I highly doubt that Sidious would send Maul on any mission to assassinate Ahsoka. Firstly, even if Sidious wants Maul to be a clandestine operative, a prototype of the Emperor's Hands if you will, I don't think he'd bother risking Maul's exposure for a task as trivial as slaying a former Jedi Padawan. Now that the Master-apprentice connection between Anakin and Ahsoka has been severed, it seems unlikely that Palpatine would even deem Ahsoka a threat to his plans of turning Anakin anymore. Indeed, just short of her being killed, Ahsoka's departure from the Jedi Order worked out perfectly for Palpatine in getting Anakin to lose further trust in the Council. It was also already quite emotionally powerful in the way the arc was concluded.

I felt that Ahsoka's story was adequately wrapped up for the foreseeable future, and that the intent to show the audience Anakin's further loss of faith in the Order successful. Thus, no need to intertwine her story with Maul's, as since she is no longer a part of the Jedi Order, she is no longer relevant to Anakin Skywalker's story. Of course, this begs the question, what becomes of Maul now? We will have to wait to find out about that, be it from the bonus content (unlikely), new EU material, or a spinoff film...

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I'm calling it: He crosses Maul with the Zillo Beast. He did say he wanted that thing kept around, cloned etc.

Just wait for the new spinoff movie. Star Wars: Wrath of Maulzilla.

"I have forseen it".

Lady_Misty likes this.
  5. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Already been proposed. :p
    [​IMG]
    Credit to Jordan1Kenobi: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/i-have-other-uses-for-you.50009172/page-5#post-50411135

Grievousdude and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  6. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    You owe me a keyboard, CL.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Unlikely.

What was Palpatine's purpose for Maul? The word "Venamis" comes to mind.

8. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I believe Sidious wants Ahsoka gone for good. How he does that I don't know yet.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

"The Starman and Moon Goddess."

9. Darth Nerdling

Mar 20, 2013
    That's a good point, but that's pretty dark stuff for a show that's regularly watched by 10-year olds. If they finish up the clone wars storylines in a different format -- Dark Horse or books -- then I would give that a better possibility. Also, I'm not sure that works well with a tv show format either. What I mean is that I don't know how they would structure a story around that -- would it just be Palpatine taking him close to death and bringing him back again and again, getting more skilled each time he does it? That seems like it would be kind of boring to watch.

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'd like to think the reason Sidious let Maul live was because he thought at the time, "Why not keep another pawn and a force capable one who is a coward before me handy?" Maul also did a great job concurring Mandalore and had control over the previously neutral planet and Almec like puppet strings so I thought he had decided to leave Maul there so he could play with Mandalore's being left in fire as a scheme in the future. Obi-wan's blunder on Mandalore trying to rescue Satine was also probably bad PR. If a Maul movie comes true I'm sure we'll learn of Sidious's plans in the future.

11. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Why Ahsoka specifically? Other than the same reason he wants any Jedi dead, I mean.

Ahsoka has already become irrelevant to his plans for the galaxy and for Anakin.

Ahsoka_Tano_11 likes this.
  12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Lol, my creation has not been forgotten, the ZILLO MAUL!

13. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Again, Ahsoka is important to us, but she really isn't very important in the big scheme of things. I doubt Palpatine devoted much thought to her.

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    She is one of the few connections Vader has to his past, therefore Palpatine could've an interest in killing her. If he sends Maul at Ahsoka we may see a Vader/Maul duel as Vader would want to turn his "baby daughter" and Maul would want to kill her. This would be Mauls death because when you get Vader sufficiently angry he kills ... anyone, including the Emperor. Maul wouldn't stand a chance.

darth ladnar likes this.
  15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I don't even think we'll ever see him again. At least not in the show that is.

16. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I can't see Palpatine trusting Maul with a mission unless Palps was able to completely alter Maul's brain to the point of making him a completely loyal to him, and not as an apprentice. At best, I see Palpatine using Maul's blood for experiments. I can't see Maul surviving under Palpatine's plans, unless Maul breaks free and continues his revenge on Obi-Wan.

17. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Ahsoka is a tie to Anakin and it would push him closer to Darkness if she was to ddie.

Also she has Jedi Training. I am SURE that during the Clone Wars Palpatine had those that had been expelled or left killed so they could be a threat at any point in time.

Darth_Pevra and darth ladnar like this.
  18. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Well, if he could find them.

Also, a bunch of former republic-era Jedi turned to the dark side once the Empire got underway, and joined the ranks of the Inquisitorious, the dark side adepts et al. People like Jerec and the like.

As for Darth Maul... with the way TCW nerfed him I wouldn't even say that sending him to take out Ahsoka would be a sure thing.

If all we had to go on was TPM Maul, and stuff like Shadow Hunter etc. it would have been a foregone conclusion that any decisive duel (i.e. no escaping halfway through - a true fight to the death) between them would end with a very dead Togruta.

But after what TCW did to him I'm not even sure it would be a definite kill. Look at the Maul vs Vizsla fight, and compare that with the Ahsoka - Vizsla throwdown on Carlac. Vizsla actually lost both of those fights, and would have been killed by his own exploding jetpack, had not Ahsoka felt compelled to drop a silly Bond one-liner, which alerted him to the danger. The Carlac fight was over a lot faster than the one on Mandalore vs Maul.

Maul should curb stomp Ahsoka with ease, but TCW didn't do a great job of making him look believably more powerful than her.

Sitara likes this.
  19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Maul should have curbstomped Pre as well, but where's the fun in that?;)
    Carbon Freeze till Eppy 7.:p
    My thoughts, exactly...

20. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Maul or Ahsoka you talking about here?

21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Both.
    :p

JK, I was talking about Maul.

22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    This is all assuming Vader wouldn't interfere. He would. And how. Maul bits will rain all over the place.

23. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Maybe it will look something like this:
    [​IMG]

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  24. Darth Nerdling

Mar 20, 2013
    Unless Palpatine secretly sets it up so that Anakin can see their combat, but Anakin can't interfere. Then Anakin would see one of his closest friends die, have another reason to dislike the Jedi order, and have another reason to want to prevent people from dying.

If this happens after Anakin becomes Vader, then Ahsoka's death would alienate Vader from the rest of the world, driving him closer to Palpatine and further away from seeking some other alternative life beyond Palpatine.

I think this would all make for a good film, but I don't think they'll do it. I think the regular audiences would question why Maul is now alive and who Ahsoka is.

25. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    TPM Maul aka the real Maul would destroy Vader. Just look at Vader duels vs Ben and Luke, and now look at Maul vs Qui Gon on Tatooine and Maul vs Qui Gon + Obi Wan on Naboo. Can you honestly tell me Vader stands a chance at all?

Not only that, even presuit Vader would be cut down by Maul. Look at how hard Kenobi struggled in TPM. Maul was dominating the fight for the most part. OTOH Anakin vs Obi Wan in ROTS was a very, very even affair for the most part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.