main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine's origins

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by luisgv73, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luisgv73

luisgv73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    Sorry because i have not read al the threads but can anybody tell me whether if is being discussed the origin of Palpatine?

If he is a senator from Naboo, does it mean that he was born there??

2. RaMarQabLe

RaMarQabLe Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    .....in a long time away, in a studio somewhere in australia.....

someone will create episodes 1,2 and 3 again. changing the star wars triologies as we know them... The episodes will change numbers, upsetting many OT fans and by that time many OPT (original prequel triology) fans. But we star wars fanatics will be able to find out how a great evil sith lord like senator palpetine became darth sidious.

or maybe not... it would be kool though.

3. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    We had an interesting debate a few months back in the 3NS forum about Palpatine's origins. Was he a Sith before he become a politician, using his political pulpit to advance his evil agenda from the get-go, or was he an idealistic politician who became a Sith in attempt to fix what he considered to be a crumbling galaxy?

I tend to lean towards the first option, if only for the reason that George wants to portray Palpatine as the essence of evil. If he is indeed the essence of evil, then there can be no motivation for his actions aside from evil. In my opinion, Palpatine was first a Sith who ventured into politics to levy for power.

In any case, I doubt that a Sith could be born and train on Naboo. I assume that he hails from elsewhere.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

4. luisgv73

Apr 26, 2005
    Thanks Mace, I´ve applied for 3NS so as soon as I get permission I´ll check that thread!

5. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Uh-oh. I guess that means I need to get on the ball. ;)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

6. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I am guessing that he was from Naboo then left for a while to get trained as a Sith, and then when he had his master plan, became Naboo's senator.

7. slavefive

slavefive Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2004
    I was thinking about this myself, so good timing OP!

First of all....what's 3NS? Haven't heard of that site/forum before.

Second, I think he was a sith/evil before politics and politics is just a vehicle for him to rise to power. He may or may not have been born on Naboo, but at some point he had to "settle down" there so that he could rise through the political ladder. I think he was found to have force awareness by a Sith who was looking for an apprentice, he was found very young, he was taken and taught in the Sith arts, then "planted" on Naboo for the plans to start taking place. We have to keep in mind that this whole scheme was a master plan that came from Darth Plagueis. He may not have started it, but he put one of the final pieces in motion with the accension of Palpatine.

I definitely want to know more about Palpatine, Plagueis and the whole thing...and Maul for that matter. Hopefully the EU will help us on this one. Anybody read the prologue books for TPM or AotC? Any good info there?

8. luisgv73

Apr 26, 2005
    3NS is the episode III non spoiler forum, you can apply in the index page for star wars films.

Where did you hear about Darth Plagueis??? It sounds GREAT!!

I think it should be the next BIG story on the EU

9. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    i think his only family seemingly 'dissapperad' shortly after he became Chancellor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.