Palpatine's Plan B

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by brook_33, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    If Anakin didn't show up, Palpatine would surrender to Mace and come up with a plan B or put one into effect. Mace only goes to kill Palpatine after being goaded into it. Palpatine could also do a Force shove, thus allowing him to get up and to try to get to his other saber. Or he could allow himself to be brought to Anakin and try again to get the boy to join him. Or go to the Senate make a case for treason there. Plus, Mas Amedda and Sly Moore are in on everything. All they had to do is work a way for a comlink to get to him, so that he can execute Order 66.
  2. jedi_jacks Jedi Master

star 4
    darth-sinister
    If Anakin didn't show up, Palpatine would surrender to Mace and come up with a plan B or put one into effect. Mace only goes to kill Palpatine after being goaded into it. Palpatine could also do a Force shove, thus allowing him to get up and to try to get to his other saber. Or he could allow himself to be brought to Anakin and try again to get the boy to join him. Or go to the Senate make a case for treason there. Plus, Mas Amedda and Sly Moore are in on everything. All they had to do is work a way for a comlink to get to him, so that he can execute Order 66.

Ah, I agree with that completely! I mean, I'm sure Sidious could have sensed Anakin's decision from the council (to disobey Mace Windu and find out what's going on).
  3. Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I like your answer also Sinister!!!!! We have like minds, like a master and an apprentice!
  4. DarkLordArchangel Jedi Padawan

Well...the sith lords have not only plan b, but also plan c, d, e, f, etc. I think he can just massacre Windu apart or for example...fry him with the force lighting. However, the appearance of Anakin was a part of the plan. And Palpatine gave him to Windu...he wanted Anakin to see the whole scene.
  5. Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    again another great thought, like mine
  6. TheDarkSideAreThey Jedi Knight

star 1
    I originally thought Mace had him cornered, but I've been convinced to believe that Palps only feigned defeat, counting on Anakin to show up. If he didn't think Anakin was coming, Sidous would've easily taken Mace out, making it look like Master Windu simply slipped from the ledge. Anakin slicing Mace's arm off only made it easier.
  7. Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    that is what I was thinking too...DAng yo uread my mind....hey wait a minute..
  8. TheDarkSideAreThey Jedi Knight

star 1
    It is reasonable to believe that Anakin's approach and despair was sensed by Palpatine, so not only was Palps counting on Anakin to show up, he knew when he got there, "foreseen" if you will.
  9. Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    yeah, my thoughts countinued on the same path! Just to watch him take out those knights like they were little pies.....they saw nothing coming!
  10. TheDarkSideAreThey Jedi Knight

star 1
    From the novel:

Mace: "Anakin, he's too STRONG for me"

If Palps was indeed faking his defeat he still made Mace feel overwhelmed. I guess through all of this I've proven myself wrong.
  11. Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    man it is not proving wrong, it is just trying to figure it out!!!! speculation!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.