Palpatine's Red Guard - trained Jedi killers?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stormcloud8, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. will_stan Jedi Knight

star 1
    ^Thanks for clarifying
  2. ISD_Devastator Force Ghost

star 4
    Just keep in mind that Lucas can change the Universe however he wants to, so don't trust EU while speculating. I wouldn't be too surprised if something unexpected happended.

[EU-spec]What if the Guard's weapons are layered with Cortosis Ore? Lightsabers wouldn't work.[/EU-spec]
  3. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Red is DEFINITELY a symbolic color. Sith lightsabers are red, Palpatine's office is red, his guards are red... heck, even Maul was red.
  4. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    He also could go the route of ANH Infinities and give them double bladed light sabers :p

Seriously though their force pikes could very wel be layered with a cortosis ore but, I agree Lucas will probably change it.
  5. DARTHMAULSBIGBRO Jedi Padawan

The finest of guards is without a doubt the imperial guard.To the simple eyes they are but a few,but who really knows.The ranks of these soldiers must be on the higher level as they have the trust of the emperor.They must have some skill to repell attacks and inflict some heavy damage.By looking at a different angle they dont need to figth to prove anything.Maybe they are the ones that stop anybody whos about to be killed by the emperor to escape his wrath.Heres an idea since they could have staff like weapons its possible that the emperor could use them placing them far away from each other and with force ligthing make a gigantic arc that will obliterate anything in the room.That would be something to feast our eyes for sure.LOL!!I would love to see them again as a change from republic to empire status.If they figth even better.
  6. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    The Imperial Guard remind me of the an episode from The Simpsons. The episode I am talking 'bout is when Marge goes into the pretzel selling business, and Homer enlists Fat Tony to do away w/ the competition. By the end of the episode Marge's rivals hire the Japanesse Mafia; and they go onto fight the Italian Mafia on the Simpson's front lawn. Homer doesn't want to go away b/c there is that little guy just standing there, and he knows he is going to do something cool, and once Homer turns away the little guy goes into combat.

Hopefully someone else remembers the episode I am talking about.

I have that same feeling about the Imperial guard, I am just waiting for them to do something cool. And since we have already seen them in ep ii, they have two potential foes: the separtists and the Jedi. I don't want to see them go against the Separtists, as I think it would be lousy to have them fight a bunch of droids, might ruin their coolness. Heck they are probally the second cool bad-a$$ figures from the ot, just behind boba fett. Having them go against the Jedi, in a major turning battle on the Jedi, could really be awesome.
  7. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd like to see them gang up on a Jedi and knock him around a bit. Maybe even Obi-Wan.

But...are these guys elite troops, or are they merely ceremonial guards who don't really train for combat? Kind of like the English palace guards, or the ones who guard the Tomb of the Unknown in Arlington National Cemetery?
  8. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    No, I think they're supposed to be pretty deadly. To maybe anybody except a Jedi.

I still can't really see them fighting, but maybe surrounding someone like Bail or Padme and arresting them. That would be cool enough IMHO - I don't want their mystique to be lost.
  9. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I think that is the problem. We want to know more about them. We want to see them in action. Yet we want there still to be an air of mystery around them.

Speaking for myself, I thought Boba Fett's mystique & coolness was tarnished knowing that he was a clone, and just slightly better than a Storm Trooper.
  10. will_stan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree on the "slightly better than a clone trooper" part.

Back on topic, I agree with GARTH. There should still be some mystique about them. Even if they don't fight, I still want the mystique to be there. I don't want there to be anymore about them than the fact they are the emperors elite fighters and protecters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.