main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Palpatine's Story

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darthmike29, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthmike29

darthmike29 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2002
    From a certain point of view the entire SW saga can be considered Anakin's story.
    Or the obvious one that the OT is Luke's story.

I think however, given what we have seen so far that the PT could have been Palpatine's story. We spend a large part of the PT dealing with the events surrounding Palpatine's/Sidious' rise to power. One could imagine some small changes to the existing scripts that could entirely refocus the nature of the prequels and make Palpatine the star main character :)

Anakin's transformation is diminished in importance because we are also following a larger transformation - one that will have a greater effect on the galaxy - the one from Senator to Chancellor to Emperor. In some ways this is perhaps a more interesting and intriguing story.

If the Empire had already existed and the Emperor was already in charge at the start of the PT, more focus could be placed on Anakin's turn.

In any case, what do you guys think of the idea of the PT as Palpatine's Story?

2. Ariadne

Ariadne Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003

I've often thought of the PT as Palpatine's story. Although GL has said that the PT is the story of Anakin's fall, Palaptine is probably the most important character in it. Without his input, the events of the Prequels wouldn't have happened. So for different reasons, yes I agree with you.

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I believe in Episode3, Anakin's fall will have more of an effect than Palpatine's rise.

4. Terz

Terz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    It can be anyone's story that was in the movies.

5. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    the PT seems to revolve around palpatine's rise to emperor

6. darthmike29

darthmike29 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2002
    As Jedi_Lord_Windu says. The PT seems to revolve around Palpatine's rise to Emperor.

Wasn't the original plan for it to revolve around Anakin's fall to the dark side?

The two events didn't necessarily have to coincide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.