main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Palpatine's Term

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Garrett Atkins, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    In Revenge of the Sith, I noticed the Jedi had several chances to defeat the Chancellor. Here's a list Red Letter Media put together:
    1. Tell Palpatine to step down, if he doen't tell him why he is so qualified to conduct a war.
    2. Use Process against him, have Bail Organa call for a vote of no confidence in Palpatine, if Palpatine says no, he'd be fighting for an unlimited term for no good reason.
    3. Look more thourgohly into where the Clone Army came from.
    4. Look into his heart, if he can block you, he may know the ways of the force; speciafally the Dark Side.
    5. As I mentioned earlier, check his Midi-Chlorian count.
    6. Physically confront him in public, if he runs of attacks, he'd be exposed
    7. Blantant Evidence, show Senate the Jedi Temple Security tapes while the Senate is in session.
    8. If all else fails, Obi-Wan and Yoda team up to kill the Emperor, then then kill Anakin.
    So my question is, how could the Jedi not see any of these points?

2. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    You clearly took most of your ideas from the Red Letter Media review. So don't try to take credit saying you put it together.

I'll start off by adressing two of the idea..only because Plinkett blatantly doesn't understand the SW galaxy and it really frustrates me.

6. I don;t think Palps would run if the Jedi tried to arrest him in public. He had a way with words and could easily turn the public against the Jedi. Especially since they had absolutely no evidence he is a Sith Lord.
    8. Obi-Wan was not powerful enough to stand against Sidious, even with Yoda there he would have died. However it would have made sense for them to double team Anakin, though that wouldn't have done much to stop the Empire.
    5. If you read the Republic comic series you would know there were a pair of Jedi who had intention to do a midi-chlorian count of all Senators including the chancellor..he had them killed.
    7. The Jedi temple was attacked AFTER the "Jedi Rebellion". The Jedi had no palpable evidence that Palpatine was a Sith. All they had was Anakin's word.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  3. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Yes, but we don't need to read comic books just to understand these poorly written movies.

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    1. Tell Palpatine to step down, if he doen't tell him why he is so qualified to conduct a war.
    The Senate, not the Jedi, probably had this authority.

2. Use Process against him, have Bail Organa call for a vote of no confidence in Palpatine, if Palpatine says no, he'd be fighting for an unlimited term for no good reason.
    Is this supposed to be prereveal? On what grounds, or what if the Senator refused to cooperate?

3. Look more thourgohly into where the Clone Army came from.
    How do you know they don't? Just because it's not onscreen doesn't mean it didn't happen.

4. Look into his heart, if he can block you, he may know the ways of the force; speciafally the Dark Side.
    Like the Jedi didn't try to sense what they could and were unable to.

5. As I mentioned earlier, check his Midi-Chlorian count.
    On what legal grounds? Are you (your RLM mentor, that is) suggesting just Palps, or Palps and every Senator?

6. Physically confront him in public, if he runs of attacks, he'd be exposed
    Innocents might be killed.

7. Blantant Evidence, show Senate the Jedi Temple Security tapes while the Senate is in session.
    They'd be shot before they got to the Senate, since you're talking post-Order 66.

8. If all else fails, Obi-Wan and Yoda team up to kill the Emperor, then then kill Anakin.
    And if they both fail, there's no one to go after Vader.

Really - that's without taking more than a couple of seconds to rebut. For the record, there is ALREADY 2,002,3006,408 posts on RLM's review with full rebuttals. Please, not another one! Are you posters trying to "win the war" by repetition?

Oh, and by the way, the PT is "poorly written" in yours and many others view - NOT SO in many others views.

5. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    So you realized none of these arguements are viable solutions for the situation the Jedi were in? As long as that is understood then we're finished with your poorly written questions.

Andy Wylde and Samnz like this.
  6. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    7. I'm sure if they can sneak into the Jedi Temple they could sneak into the Senate.

There are plenty of other threads to discuss Palpatine's term and each of the other items listed in the RLM review. -Sx3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.