Abq Pals

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Lord_Melkor, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    it's going to be a secret society like the skull and bones!
  3. Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Kind of like it was when you guys were 10 years old!
  4. JediMexx Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yea....you got it brother....er...PAL
  5. black_8ight Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is there going to be a clubhouse and a secret handshake?
  6. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    there will probably need to be a blood oath, and a ritual sacrifice [face_chicken]
  7. Lord_Melkor Jedi Knight

star 3
    yay, a clubhouse a clubhouse...this is truly a appy appy place
  8. Commander_Clem Jedi Master

star 4
    Sith Lors, Yes! that is mine! Thanks for hanging on to her for me. Are you going to be at the event this weekend?

I appreciate it!
  9. obi-chris-kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Then we can become the heads of big corporations and government officials and have our own PALS.
  10. propgeek1701 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, and when I become President and Matt is the CEO of the largest oil cartel, I can allow him to devastate the US economy with exploding gas prices. We'll make a fortune, heh, heh, heh. (Rubs hands)
  11. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    Aaron, you ended up with the Slave Leia? Geeze!

Varza gave it to me to give to Clem, but I had to leave right after the meeting, so I gave it to PropGeek to give to Jess (to give to Clem, if he showed up). After that, who knows where she ended up!

She gets around more than TK 0.5!
  12. propgeek1701 Jedi Knight

star 3
    On a more serious level...

To address the puerile nature of so many of our adult posts- and I won't psych anybody here but my own self- many of us were teenagers when we first saw Star Wars. Me, I know that in coming back to the Star Wars universe as an adult, I am in a sense revisiting my adolescence. I think for most of us, adolescence was a very crappy time in our lives. I know I didn't have much of one. In fact, come to think of it, I've not really had much of a life up to this point. So when I see a "PAL" society forming, for example (and I'm the one responsible for bringing up that acrid acronym), my brain travels back in time to my 13 year old self and that's what comes up. A dumb schoolyard joke I haven't thought of in decades. So a tidbit of my forgotten (probably repressed) past is uncovered, and I gain a little more insight into myself. Sharing that stuff with you guys often yields funny and sympathetic results.

I guess in a very real way, I am here to recover something I lost along the way and to feed my inner child some of the joy he missed out on growing up. As I'm having a second adolescence, is my humor often reflective of that? Heck yeah, but this time around, I'm enjoying my adolescence. That and well, trooping is just about the funnest thing ever! And our armour parties and BBQ's are awesome. And you guys are just about the most open and accepting group I've ever experienced.

I apologize to anyone who is offended by my gutter sense of humor. I'll try and be more subtle about it, but probably not very successfully. I'm just having too much fun.
  13. Lord_Melkor Jedi Knight

star 3
    prop,

if in person you look like your pic we can be pals anytime...j/k...you're cool and fun to talk with

also on a more serious note...seems like some people are too serious...what have you left if just because we are adults we can not let our inner children out occasionally...to me being an adult is not about being proper 100% of the time...i know when i can act childish and when not to act childish...i am not a robot nor are any others on this site...take people for who they are, the good the bad and the childish :p

prop,

no offense taken my pal

14. propgeek1701 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks Melkor,

Sorry to say, I look nothing like my icon, Koyi Mateil, my latest Twi'Lek infatuation. Dude, she is so hot!

You raise a good point: knowing when and when not to let the kid run wild. Sometimes I'm not so good at that.
  15. Commander_Clem Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Prop:

I've personally have never taken offence on anything you have posted. We all hae differnt personalities and like/dislike thinks. If there's a cursade that needs to happen with the group it should be to unite the group not destroy it...these past couple of days has been reduclious. I'm getting to the point of not even bothering, and ticks me off, I've spent months tring to get my outfit together, join the 501st and I'm starting to think why now? The collecting group is out of control and it's not just on one thread, it spreads. If you could just ignore a thread it would be fine but it just jumps to another..

Greg, I understand how you feel...it's frustrating...
  16. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, man, sorry to hear that, Chris, I didn't know it was bothering you that much!
    Don't ever let the collector squabbles affect the 501st/Rebel Legion side of your life!
  17. Commander_Clem Jedi Master

star 4
    Feel the inner clone......be the inner clone...

18. propgeek1701 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why is it that collectors seem to squabble so much, anyway? Reminds me of the Christmas rush for the latest "gotta have it" toy, where normally sane people get to blows over who gets the last one on the shelf. Schwartzenegger in "Jingle All the Way."
  19. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    TO ALL OF US: If you don't make an effort to even be part of the group in person. Don't be posting post's about not posting this or that cause people cause blah blah blah. Like I said i'm gonna post whatever the hell I want, If you don't think i'm being an adult or that i'm immature then deal with it, but i'm not going to post with a stick up my arse just cause I want to post mature, intellegent info. As far as the action figure thread, you can keep it. I never take any tips of where toys are serious, that thread has been turned into a joke for a long time. My only interest is the people in the group who have been sincere, honest, made an effort, and have made the group fun to be in. To all of you I Thank you.

Star Wars is fun! yeah!
  20. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
  21. Lord_Melkor Jedi Knight

star 3
    dave, have i ever told you you're my hero, you are the wind beneath my wings...

i'm w/ya 100% man

by the way...seen jessica lately...if so tell her daddy said hello!

[face_love]
  22. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Wouldn't it be a boring group if we all had the same opinions on things all the time? Who wants a homogenized group of friends, anyhow?
  24. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
  25. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's why I try to stay as different from DarthLynn as possible... to keep things interesting!
    I'm the anti-Anita!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.