main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Panaka's Promotion - (post-ROTS, Panaka, Palpy, and Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Knight-Ander, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Title: Panaka?s Promotion
    Author: Knight-Ander
    Timeframe: Sometime during the Galactic Civil War
    Characters: Panaka, Palpatine, and Darth Vader
    Genre: vignette, drama, some angst (I guess)
    Summary: Palpatine promotes Panaka for his loyalty
    Notes: Woke-up with this in my head and just had to get it out!

[b][u]Panaka?s Promotion[/u][/b]

He entered the stark throne room with his hat in hand, chin high and back ram-rod straight as he marched toward the emperor. The footfalls that echoed through the high-ceil chamber came to a sudden stop when he dropped to one knee steps away from the occupied throne. ?What is thy bidding, My Emperor?? he said, his head bowed.

?My good and loyal friend,? Emperor Palpatine said with a smile. ?It is so very good to see you alive and well.?

Panaka lifted his head. ?As it is with you, mi?lord.? Despite the lines and scars that deformed his face the emperor appeared to be in very good health and spirits.

?Thank you, Panaka. I believe you have yet to meet my apprentice, Lord Vader.? Palpatine lifted a pale hand and gestured to the creature to his right. Dressed all in black armor and cloak, the towering figure was intimidating despite the life-support mechanism that hissed rhythmically every time he took a breath.

?Lord Vader.? Panaka nodded to the Sith. ?It is an honor to meet the man responsible for bringing the Jedi betrayers to justice.?

Oh, if Panaka had known then what he knew now. In the early days of Chancellor Palpatine?s reign, he had confided in Panaka that he feared corruption in the Jedi Order was more rampant than in the Senate. ?Keep me informed of all Jedi dealings on Naboo, my friend. I fear the Trade Federation invasion was only the beginning.? Palpatine warned him.

Panaka initially thought Palpatine?s fears were that of a paranoid politician, but it wasn?t until Senator Amidala was seduced by a Jedi that he started believing them himself. ?Padmé Amidala was like a daughter to me. I loved her as if she was my own blood. I am honored to meet the man who killed her murderer.? Panaka was barely able to get out the last words as tears welled in his eyes.

Vader may have nodded, but said nothing.

?Anakin Skywalker is dead,? the emperor said. ?But the man truly responsible for Senator Amidala?s death is still at large.?

?Kenobi.? Panaka growled the name as if it was a curse. ?I wish I had taken action sooner.?

"Nonsense, my friend.? Palpatine stood and approached Panaka. Placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, he said, ?You were right to tell me of Skywalker?s relationship with Padmé as soon as you did. Anakin was an easily malleable man, and I was able to learn much about the Jedi?s plans before they revealed themselves. Kenobi had a strong influence on the boy, but if it wasn?t for your help, Skywalker may have killed the senator before we would have known what happened.

?In fact,? Palpatine said as he returned to his throne. ?Your information about Queen Apailana harboring Jedi was very valuable. Indeed, Lord Vader was able to capture and kill many Jedi due to your information.?

?I live to serve, My Emperor.? Panaka bowed his head again.

?And Queen Kylantha was an excellent recommendation,? Palpatine said. ?Excellent recommendation. I sense she will rule Naboo rightfully and justly for many years to come.?

?Thank you, Mi?lord.? Panaka?s hardened heart began to swell with Palpatine?s praise.

?Now, my friend, as part of my New Order, I hear-by offer you the position of governor of the Chommell Sector.?

Panaka?s head snapped up in surprise, his eyes wide. ?Mi?lord??

Palpatine smiled. ?A man with such intelligence, honor, and dedication to duty is needed in this position. You know the sector better than any man I could name. Please rise and accept my offer, Moff Panaka, first governor of the Chommell Sector.?

Panaka could barely contain his smile. Such an honor was more than he ever dreamed! ?Thank you, Mi?lord. I accept.?

After Panaka left, a new and vigo

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    :eek: Whoa! Excellent! =D=

Silence punctuated only by Vader?s respirator filled the room for several seconds before he gave an answer. ?He sickens me. They all sicken me.?

?Good,? Palpatine smiled as he leaned back in his throne. ?Good.?

His laughter filled the chamber.

Incredible! But that's no surprise when I see who the author is. ;)

3. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    A sad but honest reminder of how good people fall victim to their own nobility. Well done, K-A. =D=

4. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    ?You were right to tell me of Skywalker?s relationship with Padmé as soon as you did."

:eek:

OMG!!

But then, Panaka's so loyal. And Palpy's really got him snowed.

This was a great idea! I enjoyed reading it.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Powerful viggie! Sad Panaka, so mislead by Palpatine.

?You were right to tell me of Skywalker?s relationship with Padmé as soon as you did.

No doubt the Emperor had this audience with him in front of Vader just to set his hooks in even deeper with learning of this betrayal.

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Nicely done. [face_dancing]

7. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm glad you all enjoyed my little story. :) Sorry for not responding sooner. Rather busy week at w*rk. :(

Thank you. I thought so. :)

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

I think that says it all. :)

Thanks l_n! Panaka thought he was just doing the right thing by trusting Palpatine, but we all know what a bad idea that is. :(

Thank you, LLL. I enjoyed writing it. Once idea's like that get into your head, it is such a relief to get them out! ;)

Cool! Two mods responded to my story! [face_dancing] You may be right about the Emperor goading Vader with this meeting, but I personally think that Panaka's actions were just confirming everything Anakin shared with Chancellor Palpatine before falling to the dark side. Palpatine was someone Anakin thought he could trust not to judge him negatively because of his relationship with Padmé, while Obi-Wan and the Jedi were sure to be disappointed about the relationship, and he just couldn't let that happen; he loved Obi-Wan too much to let him look at him in a possibly negative light. This is why children don't tell their parents everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.