main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Panel/Host News

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by LAJ_FETT , Apr 13, 2014.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    From Rebelscum:

Star Was Insider Editor Jonathan Wilkins and his team always put together a wonderful offering of entertaining and informative Star Wars news for each issue released. This month, they reveal a little about Celebration Anaheim taking place April 16-19, 2015:

• James Arnold Taylor will return to the Celebration Stage as the Celebrity Event Host.

• Jason Swank & Jimmy "Mac" McInerney will host the Celebration Behind-The-Scenes stage.

• David Collins returns for a fifth time as host of the Celebration Digital Stage.

• Gus Lopez leads the Celebration Collecting Track as has been the case for all previous Celebrations, which is always a fun mix of collecting panels, socials, and exclusive giveaways..

Hit the link above for the full article!

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I haven't heard the guys doing the Behind-the-Scenes stage, but the rest have been great. I love Warwick Davis as a host, but it's good with some change as well.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Going to Celebration? And are you a collector?

Then Gus Lopez wants you! Get details on Collecting track participation here on Rebelscum!

4. Zzzman74

Zzzman74 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2014
    I've never been before. Are there a LOT of panels, or just a few? Do people end up going to one panel a day? Or more? Less? What should we expect?

5. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    There are usually panels all throughout the days, from opening to closing of the convention centre. There are also parallel panels. Make sure to check out the program when it gets posted so you can pick and prioritize the ones you want to go to. You might also need to cue a long time to get in to the more popular panels.

6. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

Depends on what panels you go to. You may only get to two of them because you have been sitting in line for 3 hour each to get in. Other times you can just walk into panel and sit down.

7. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    There's bound to be an Episode VII main event panel, which would undoubtedly require waiting in line overnight. But you can generally walk into smaller fan panels as they start.

For the most part, panels are in properly-sized rooms (panels expected to draw a bigger audience will be in bigger rooms), and you'll get a sense of what the more popular ones will be.

8. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
  9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum has a first look at some of the collecting panels planned for CA. Click through for the details! If you are an Ewok fan, you'll want to see the first one..

10. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
  11. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
  12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I hope it's as good as Smuggler's Gambit, that was one of my favorite things at CVI.

13. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Do we have an idea when they'll announce a full lineup of guests and panels? I might hold off on making a final yes/no decision on attending until then.

14. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    Speed dating!
    Tattoo Pavillion!
    Navajo version of A New Hope!

Dewback likes this.
  15. DJ Elliot

DJ Elliot Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2015
    Mark Daniel and Myself will be back at the MainStage with James Arnold Taylor!

ffluff73 and jawajames like this.
  16. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    That's going to be a fun stage to be at!

Also, announced on Facebook: authors John Jackson Miller and Christie Golden will be attending, so time to get some books signed! Del Rey also confirms James Luceno as well

17. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    Ever since the EU was reset I said that I was going to go all digital and buy the E-books and digital comics. Now I realize that I won't be able to get my books signed, I mean what are they going to do? sign by tablet? Oh well....

18. ffluff73

ffluff73 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2013
    may I remind you that you cant wait to tell this story at Celebration Anaheim -

19. DJ Elliot

DJ Elliot Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2015
    Definitely a memorable moment! I'll have to do something with this!

ffluff73 likes this.
  20. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Overnight, really? This is my first Celebration (first big con at all, actually) and my wife is coming with me. Is there generally any possibility of getting into one of the bigger panels (such as the episode VII panel) without waiting more than a couple hours? I'd be up for waiting however long I'd have to but I'm not sure she'd be up for that. :/

21. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    When George came to C6 I waited overnight in line to see him. I will not doubt that with JJ and Kathy coming that people will be camping out overnight like will probably be doing. The only way you can avoid it if you bought the VIP tickets which have reserved seating but they are all sold out. If you wife doesn't want to wait that long she can meet you on line later.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you want to meet SW author Jason Fry, he's posted his CA schedule. You can see it here.

23. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
  24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum have posted the Collecting Track Panel and Events Schedule. Details are at the link!