main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Panels at 2013 SDCC

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SiaLanWezz, Jun 29, 2013.

1. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    FRIDAY, JULY 19:
    DEFIANCE
    PANEL: 10:30AM-11:30AM ROOM 6A
    Earth has changed, and entertainment will never be the same. Join Grant Bowler (Nolan), Julie Benz (Amanda Rosewater), Stephanie Leonidas (Irisa),Tony Curran (Datak Tarr), Jaime Murray (Stahma Tarr), Jesse Rath(Alak Tarr), Executive Producer Kevin Murphy and more from Syfy‘s groundbreaking multi-platform series as they discuss the overwhelming success of Defiance (the show and game) and share exclusive details from the second season. Moderated by Maureen Ryan, TV Critic for Huffington Post.
    HELIX
    PANEL: 11:45AM-12:45PM ROOM 6A
    Leave sunny San Diego behind for an icy chill as the team behind Helix (Executive Produced by Battlestar Galactica’s Ronald D. Moore) discusses Syfy‘s hotly anticipated new series. Get an inside look at the thriller about a mysterious outbreak at a desolate Artic outpost. The truth will spread! Moderated by Entertainment Weekly’s Geoff Boucher.
    SATURDAY, JULY 20:
    BEING HUMAN
    PANEL: 4:00PM-5:00PM HILTON BAYFRONT, INDIGO BALLROOM
    Itching to know what goes on behind the scenes of Syfy‘s smash hit series Being Human? Give in to your temptation and join cast members Sam Witwer (Aidan), Meaghan Rath (Sally), Sam Huntington (Josh),Kristen Hager (Nora) and Executive Producer Anna Fricke as they discuss what’s in store for the new season. Moderated by Aaron Sagers, entertainment journalist (CNN.com/MTV.com) and geek culture expert.
    WAREHOUSE 13
    PANEL: 5:00PM – 6:00PM HILTON BAYFRONT, INDIGO BALLROOM
    Go behind the scenes of America’s top-secret supernatural storage facility with Warehouse 13’s Eddie McClintock (Pete), Joanne Kelly (Myka), Saul Rubinek (Artie), Allison Scagliotti (Claudia) and Jack Kenny(Executive Producer). Take a look back at four out-of-this-world seasons and get a glimpse of what’s in store for the fifth and final season of the beloved Syfy series. Moderated by Entertainment Weekly’s Geoff Boucher.
    Be sure to join ComicsOnline.com on Facebook and Twitter for more coverage of SDCC 2013, and everything geek pop culture!
    Share this:

2. SiaLanWezz

May 8, 2004
    I would be interested in the Defiance panel but will be working. I miss all the fun at Comic Con.

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm sure one of us could watch the table for an hour if you wanna go. np

SiaLanWezz likes this.
  4. SiaLanWezz

May 8, 2004
    Ming the lines are probably so long not everyone will get in, if they even let them form in the first place. Not worth the time to spend on a maybe.I believe SDCC will no longer let you line up as they have before due to the lady last year getting killed by lining up when she was not suppose to. I know last year Angelica was booted out of line ups already. They have been changing the rules as it suits them . Now pretty much everything is on a lottery system, not first come first served as before.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Lottery system? Someone was killed last year? oO WTH...

6. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks Eva, I had not realized the programming had been posted. I guess the good news is I'm not into any of those shows!

SiaLanWezz likes this.
  7. SiaLanWezz

May 8, 2004
    Ming yes, line was forming on the Hilton side of the convention center there in the grassy area .The canopies they put there every year were not up yet. The security quards were chasing folks out of the line to get it set up for the canopy and the lady ran across the street trying to get her things out of the line into her car parked across the street and got ran over by a car and killed. There is probably a law suit pending. Folks cannot line up when their is set up going on, terrible liability for the promoters. Even though the con has insurance and we vendors pay for that , inclusive in the booth fees, that cost will be past on to all of us including the the attendees and the vendors . Which means are booth are going up and the ticket price has to go up to recoup the expense of doing business. This happened even before the con opened. We all felt very badly for the woman but what a stupid thing to do, run across traffic in front of the convention center, knowing the locals are very annoyed with us for that week.

8. SiaLanWezz

May 8, 2004
    Kathy, I would go see Defiance if I had the time to do it. The other shows I am not so interested in either.Although I would be tempted if Walking Dead or Falling Sky had panels or signings. I would bribe Heli to go get me an autograph. Charles was gracious enough to give me the signed poster of the cast from Falling Sky couple of years ago.Walking Dead is next on the list. I cannot wait till October when the show comes back.

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

Oh right, I did hear of that... that was more of an accident, I thought someone was killed for their place in line or something. oO Like that one year, that crazy guy stab someone in the eye with a pencil or something for their seat at a panel in Hall H I think it was.... Fandom at it's worse.

10. SiaLanWezz

May 8, 2004
    Yes when you get that many folks together in one place under one roof, they become animals. It is insane what folks would do, however I also get it. When you have to wait in lines for hours and hours and than finally get a chance to find a seat and actually get into a panel than all of a sudden someone tries to take it; it would be a prerequisite for a fight. I have seen these type of things with the vendors as well. You pay for a booth and you get there to set up just to find out someone else already set up in your spot which you paid higher premium than some other spot at the same con or an event; I have seen vendors fist fight over spaces and draw blood.When someone is in a crowd of folks you really have to be respectful and watch your manors.

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Well yes, the darkside of fandom is everywhere. Seen too much of it first hand.