main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Panzer Dragoon anyone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by gotyoda, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotyoda

gotyoda Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2003
    Anyone else having a blast with this game?

I don't care how short it is finding the best ways to beat missions gives it a lot of replay value.

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    anyone else noticed that one of the dragoons in the commerical is attacked by a Tie-Fighter ?

3. gotyoda

Jan 21, 2003
    lol is it really. I haven't paid that much attention to it.

4. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I don't play the game, because I'm awful at games, however, my Husband has it and he's been enjoying it. Although, he hasn't been able to play it very much, since he's been caught up with other games.

But since I usually watch him play, I have to say the game is stunning. And I'm glad they went back to their own language. It was odd when they went from their language to Japanese.

The series has always been one of my husband's favourites, and I tend to agree with him. It's just a shame that not many were able to enjoy Saga so much. But it was a pleasent addition to Orta, that the original is unlockable there. :D

5. gotyoda

Jan 21, 2003
    ^^^^^

totally agreed.

What else is he playing?

6. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    gotyoda its not really a tie-fighter, but if you listen to the commerical it makes the exact sound a tie-fighter makes.

malkie

7. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    gotyoda - Right now, he's caught up playing MechAssault. But he's having a hard time finding 'friends' online. ;)

Other than that, it's hard tying to balance. Honestly, I haven't been able to play ToeJam and earl recently, because he's online most of the time. He suggests I play co-op mode with him in Halo so that I can play Jedi Outcast myself. But it's just so hard to find time. :(

8. gotyoda

Jan 21, 2003
    If hey wants to play online let me know. I am on live. The name is AdvancedAI. I am on the east coast and haven't played for awhile but would start up again. THat is unless you were being sarcastic which my brain hurts at this moment and isn't working correctly and disregard my comment.

9. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, he should be online tonight. His name is Nidarrock. I think he was going to be online at 9 tonight, so that we can try and meet up with one of our PSO buds. (When it was on the Dreamcast. :p )

I wasn't being sarcastic, and I would greatly appreciate it. He sometimes get's bummed about it.

Anyway, for the Tie-fighter comment - If you happen to remember the The Star Wars Trilogy in the arcades, Sega developed that game. So I'm not surprised they used sounds for the Ties in their stuff. If you listen, when you blow up those HOming Bombs in Orta, it will sound like the explosions from SW Trilogy. Like when you blow up the gun turrents while you are skimming the surface of the DeathStar. ;) Just thought I would share.

10. gotyoda

Jan 21, 2003
    I will be on at 10 since my wife leaves for work then. I will look him up.

11. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Cool, thanks. That's usually when he logs on. It's just we are still trying to meet up with our old bud. You said you're on the east coast?

12. gotyoda

Jan 21, 2003
    I am in florida... more to the spot in clearwater. Where are you all at?

13. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    NJ. My sis lives in Palm Beach. Although she only just moved there. Before she was in Fort Meyers and Lake Mary/Orlando. :D

14. gotyoda

Jan 21, 2003
    Yeah I am not so far away from fort myers. Still in the crud pit people call florida but not so far away.

15. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Hey, I happen to like Florida. It's only my husband that refuses to move. ;) He actuallylikes the cold!

16. gotyoda

Jan 21, 2003
    I like the cold in short visits but not all winter. Florida isn't all that bad I am only 10 minutes away from the beach so it can't be all bad.

17. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Tell your husband to check out Not It. I'm friends with all the top players who are actually mature and good guys.

We hang out here when we're not playing online. Even though we our members make up like 70% of the top 100 we don't care about the rankings at all. A few names for him to look out for cause the games these guys host are alot of fun

DarkTurtle (despite the rumors to the contrary turtle's #1 because his wifes out of the country and doesn't know what to do with himself besides play NI)
    Soulless
    Exitao
    Cowboyfromhell
    LadySpyder
    Shamus
    Cap Morgan (shamless plug for myself)
    Jackyll
    !90 Proof
    h2oK9

Anyway just make sure he knows to shoot the guy with the arrow above his head cause I'd hate to see him get regulated. I would suggest having him send me a friend request so he can get into some private games but I only play on sundays for the next 2 months. But if he plays sunday mornings have him send it over and I'll make sure he gets into some private games.

18. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Tenorjedi - WOW!!! Thank you very much. I'll give him the heads up. :D I'll give him the tags so that he can find them, or at least look out for them. And do you have his name? I mentioned it before. I'll let him know about the Sunday thing as well. Thanks. :D :D

19. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    I'll do some prunning in my friends list to make room for him if he sends me one. Have him check out the NI players forum though. Great place to get to know one another, and to talk about Mech Assault. It's just cool, cause unlike the other games, everyone respects one another and those that don't play by the rules, everyone playing gangs up on em and pounds them till they drop. Needless to say people either stop or play a different game, keeping Not It a nice place to play most of the time.

Anyway PDO, yes a very beautiful game (lame attempt to keep the thread on topic)

20. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I love this game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.