main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Papa Don't Preach [Kyp/Jaina/Han/Jacen]Humour: Finally Updated June 10!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the_jedi_princess, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    awe that is a sweet post need more need more

2. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    i am not picturing Lando in a bikini.i am not picturing Lando in a bikini.i am not picturing Lando in a bikini.i am not picturing Lando in a bikini.i am not picturing Lando in a bikini.i am not picturing Lando in a bikini...

*runs to the 'freasher*

3. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Fine. Lando in a g-string then. [face_devil] [/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Johanas found her in the hanger bay, speaking with the technicians about the work that was being done on the X-wing?s. He listened at the techs went over the list on their datapads, confirming parts and where the work stood. Jaina spoke as if she knew exactly what they were talking about, and Johanas had to admit that being the leader of a squadron, she probably did.

Stepping up to her as the techs moved away, he smiled. ?Feeling any better today??

?A little,? her eyes scanned the ships, her gaze far away.

?So which one is yours?? he asked, gesturing to the disassembled ships.

?That one right there,? she answered, pointing to the closest of the fighters. ?I can?t wait until its back in one piece. I love flying and sims just don?t make up for the actual thing.?

He nodded, eyes settling on a man in the distance talking to a droid, or rather, cursing at a droid as he fixed a speeder bike. ?Know that guy??

Jaina followed his gaze, then smiled. ?Oh, that?s our Deuce.?

Johanas frowned. ?Your what??

Jaina looked at him. ?The fighters in a squadron are numbered from one to twelve. As Lead, I am also number 1. The man over there flies number 2, or, as we call him in battle, deuce.?

?Is that his nickname??

?Not at all. It?s just easier to say that?s all. Doesn?t matter who you fly for, the leader is always called ?Lead?, and pilot flying two is always called ?Deuce?. Everyone else is just their number.?

Johanas nodded. ?So how well do you know this guy? I?ve seen you with him a couple of times in the gallery.?

Jaina shrugged. ?He used to babysit me when I was little. He?s a friend of my fathers, and has since become a great friend of mine, despite his flaws. We watch each others backs, whether it be in battle or just bumming around.?

Johanas nodded, then shrugged. ?He looks like a real sissy to me.?

Jaina stopped mid step, her surprise rolling off her. ?I?ve heard him called many things, but never a sissy.?

Johanas turned to look at her. ?He dresses tough, and most people who dress tough really aren?t. And that bed sheet he wears makes him look like a sissy.?

?That cape was a gift from my father.? Jaina glared at him. ?That man over there is a hero, though most people don?t agree.?

?And why is that??

Jaina opened her mouth to answer, then closed it, choosing her words carefully. ?He did some things in his past that... taint the way people view him. But I can tell you, he is anything but a sissy.?

?Is that his opinion? Or yours??

?Mine.? She turned to him, looking him up and down. ?By my standards, you?re the one who dresses like a sissy.?

Johanas?s eyes widened slightly. ?Is that so??

?It sure is. Anyone who dresses macho is a major sissy. You dress like your average smuggler, and your choice of clothing actually makes me think that you are, well, gay.?

?I am not gay.? He paused, the corner of his mouth twitching as the anger faded from his face. ?Ah, I see. Don?t judge a person by their cover, right? You are probably right. I won?t say another word about him looking like a sissy.?

?And I won?t say anything else about you looking gay.?

Johanas smiled, slipping an arm around her shoulders. ?That was a very clever move you just made Jaina. I?d almost think that you were a Jedi or something.?

Jaina smiled, but kept her mouth closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[color=7000CC]What he don't know won't hurt him, and 1 point Jaina, zero points Johanas. :D [/color]

4. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Hee hee. It's confirmed. I've got the University placing that I wanted. I'M GOING TO UNI!!!

5. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Congratulations JP! And another wonderful post. :)

~~Jilly

6. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm beginning to really dislike that guy... more soon?

Anna

7. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    way to go Jaina stand up for Kyp. he would do the same for her. I'm sure.

more soon? :D

8. Jez_3-14159265358979

Aug 13, 2001
    congrats on getting accepted to the university.

and really great post. i think kyp needs to teach that punk a lesson about who is a sissy.

Jez

9. crazyalie

crazyalie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2002
    Great post.

"I?d almost think that you were a Jedi or something.? Little does he know.....

Congratulations on your acceptance to uni!!!

Alie

10. Hail_Jaina

Hail_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    OMG!!!! Jaina sticking up for Kyp (I'm sure it's because she subconsiously [face_love] him) C'mon Jaina, wake up and smell the Kyp!!!!

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    congrat's and ohh look a great post need more

12. JediRedi

JediRedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    My sanity is hanging by a thread!

Please I must have more, The dental floss is chafing.

Congrats as well!

13. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    the gold bikin was eewwww.

Kyp is not a sissy he's a hottie. [face_mischief]

14. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Very nice :D
    MORE?????????????????????????????????????????????????
    NEED MORE FUNNY :D

15. SoraJade

SoraJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2002
    :D hehe... :D

SJ

16. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    [color=7000CC]Thanks all. Been working on my other story lately cause I've had a big major writers unblock. Still stuck with this one. I'll get over it though.[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyp lounged back in his seat, eyes closed as he listened to the bustle of the beings around him. He heard a Wookie roar and felt a pang as Chewbacca flashed to mind, soon followed by Anakin. Fallen friends, never again to walk into a room and laugh along with the others. No more would Chewie reach over and throw Kyp over his shoulder in order to show who was stronger physically. No more would Anakin buzz around him, eyes open slightly in awe as Kyp quietly asked him to help out with a mechanical problem he was stumped with.

So many had died, so many were yet to die. But at this point in time, he could only live for the moment. There was nothing else he could do.

?You look down.?

Kyp opened his eyes and found Jaina standing in front of him, hands on hips. ?Just reminiscing.?

?About what??

?Chewie and Anakin.?

The cocky look slipped from her face as she slid down onto a nearby seat. ?I never realised that you actually felt their loss.?

Kyp sighed, feeling like the weight of the galaxy was on his shoulders. ?Chewbacca was one of the ones to rescue me, remember? He used to enjoy giving me a hard time, and though I did some terrible things, he always sensed that I was actually a good person deep inside, still that boy he pulled out of Kessel. As for Anakin?? he shrugged. ?What can I say? The kid always felt like a brother to me.?

Jaina looked at him. ?What about Jacen and me? Are we like siblings too??

Kyp shook his head. ?No. Jacen is a friend, but its never been any more then that. As for you,? he smiled. ?You?re the best thing that ever happened to me Jaina. I just don?t know where I?d be without a friend like you.?

Jaina?s cheeks burned slightly as she looked up and saw Jacen crossing the room toward them, a datapad in hand. ?Well??

?Mum hasn?t been able to get anything out of him, and apparently he?s too strong minded for the Jedi tricks to work.? He handed her the datapad. ?These are all that she?s come up with.?

Jaina took the datapad, skimming the names of the men her mother had listed as possibilities on her father?s list of suitors. Most of them she almost groaned at, each and every one of them a jerk or a loser, but a very large possibility. One name though, caused her to pause.

?Kyp, you?re on this list.?

?What?? He reached over, pulling the datapad from her fingers and reading over it. ?Odd. I never thought I even stood a chance of making your fathers list, what with the age issue and the whole Carida and falling to the Dark Side thing.?

?You are a friend of Dad?s,? Jacen pointed out as he sat down. ?Meaning you?re a possibility.?

Kyp frowned as it dawned on him just how big of a chance he had in Han choosing him. ?If I was the one your father had in mind, wouldn?t he have said something to me??

Jacen shrugged. ?Not necessarily. He knows that you are helping Jaina, and there is also the thing that if he did tell the man whom he had chosen, then that man might do something stupid and give himself away. In which case-?

?We would make him disappear,? Kyp finished, nodding. ?Your right, Han will only tell who it is once the month is over. They?re in for just as big a surprise as Jaina when the time comes, and ?if? it comes.? He handed the datapad back to Jaina, his hand lingering on hers. ?If you want, I could take one of the shuttles and go to one of the other bases until this blows over-?

?You?d be doing more harm then good, Master Durron.?

They looked up to see Leia coming toward them. She gestured to the datapad. ?Those are only rough guesses anyone. It is possible that it is none of them. The reason they are on the list is because they were on the base or due to come to the base during the month and because I know that Han is close to them.? She sighed. ?As much as I don?t like you, Jaina needs you right now. You?re a friend, an

17. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I don't like Johannas. He's a sissy. [face_plain]

I do like your posties though! :D Keep 'em coming!

--Den

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    great post and Leia's on Kyps side this time?? hehe wait until Kyp realizes that he is the one that Han was thinking off

more soon

19. Jez_3-14159265358979

Aug 13, 2001
    IS kyp the one han is thinking of? or will han also get a shock when jaina chooses him?

Jez

20. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    lol-this is one of the best K/J fics I've ever read!! Han making life difficult for his daughter to cure his boredom...oh Han... *tsk tsk*

Keep up the great psots!! :D :D

21. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Aw.... that was so sweet! I loved the line about Jaina being the best thing that had ever happened to him....

More soon I hope.

Anna

22. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I still can't help but laugh when I think of Kyp taking himself out! [face_laugh] And I don't think Leia will EVER really want Kyp around, but I'm willing to listen. ;)

Jae Angel

23. ShortySC22

ShortySC22 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    Great post! ^^ I can't wait to see what's goign ot happen next

24. SoraJade

SoraJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2002
    Oh I'm loving this! I'm pretty sure i know who Han picked thought ....hehehe [face_devil] keep up the good work!

SJ

25. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Leia even agreeing with kyp? :eek: now thats a first.