Beyond - Legends Papa Don't Preach [Kyp/Jaina/Han/Jacen]Humour: Finally Updated June 10!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by the_jedi_princess, Jan 1, 2003.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. crazyalie Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Nice. Jaina and Kyp are so cute together. I can't wait for the month to be over.

Alie
  2. JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    great fic so far! Can't wait to see more!

~*~The Queen~*~
  3. padme-96 Jedi Padawan

star 4
  4. the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan

star 4
    [color=7000CC]Thanks all. Just so you know, when I began writing my Star Wars fan fiction, I vowed to be different, to do things different, while remaining within the guidelines. While most people see Leia as a threat, I see her as supportive in this fic. Jaina is in trouble, she needs help, Kyp's offering it. But if he were to lay one finger... :p [/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaina smiled as Johanas told her about his life on the edge, and she was only too happy to tell him about some of the battles she had fought with the squadron. She explained to him what was wrong with the fighters, and he told her about how he had ended up working for the New Republic.

?It?s simple really,? he said. ?They?re the only ones who can afford to pay these days. The money isn?t as good as it was before the Vong, but you can expect that, what with Coruscant being gone and all that.?

Jaina nodded, staring at a spot on the wall in front of her. ?Yeah.?

He frowned, looking her up and down. ?You?re from Coruscant, aren?t you.? He saw her nod. ?Thought so. I could tell from your reaction.? He rubbed the back of his neck. ?I don?t know where I was born. My mother died when I was two while giving birth to my sister, who died not long after. My father took me with him as he roamed the galaxy.? He shrugged. ?He was what you would call a roaming salesman.?

?What did he sell??

?Little bit of this, little bit of that. Whatever the company gave him.? He ran a hand over the edge of the bench. ?They worked out of Corellia. Turned out that it was a front for a spice ring. The local authorities broke it up and put my father out of a job, which turned him to smuggling.? His forehead furrowed slightly. ?He went out one night to meet a client and never came back. Don?t know what became of him, just figured they caught him.?

?How old were you??

?19. Being his sole heir, I got the lot, plus the debts.? He looked up toward the roof. ?Thank you Dad.? He looked back down to her, green eyes sparkling. ?Didn?t take me long to pay them off, and what wasn?t paid the Vong wiped out when they took Ord Mantell.?

Jaina smiled faintly. ?I never really thought about that side of the Vong invasion. I guess it does have some strong points.? Her grin widened. ?One of my friends would argue that the best thing is the fact the Borsk Fel?lya was killed when Coruscant fell, and offhand I?d have to say that he?s right.?

Johanas chuckled. ?I would have to agree. Too bad ?all? the politicians weren?t wiped out.?

?Perhaps, but you need at least one or two still around to maintain some order in the systems. If people don?t have a leader, everything would crumble.? She paused. ?And the currency would vanish, gangsters like Jabba the Hutt taking over.?

Johanas nodded, considering all this. ?I guess you have a point. I?m actually rather glad Organa Solo survived, not because she?s a good politician and former Chief-of-State, but because, despite her age, she?s still rather hot.?

Jaina raised an eyebrow at his comment, but said nothing. ?How about the Jedi? Glad they?re still around??

Johanas shrugged. ?I wish they had of just taken out the Vong early on instead of sitting back and preaching like that Skywalker did. In some ways they?re a good thing, in other ways they?re a curse.? His eyes narrowed slightly as a smile tweaked the corner of his mouth. ?That Durron has the right idea though. Too bad he?s not in charge of the Order.?

Jaina smiled. ?And from a woman?s point of view, Durron is rather hot.?

Johanas laughed. ?So I?ve heard. I ran into this woman a few years back by the name of Nabon. She had a rather interesting opinion of Durron. Turns out he helped her out at one stage and she gave him a blasting over the Carida thing that she regrets having done. I think she fell for him rather hard.?

Jaina frowned. This she didn?t know about. I?ll have to ask Kyp about that one. ?What happened to her??

Johanas shrugged. ?Last I heard, she and her partner were seen fleeing C
  5. Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan

star 4
    no no no no NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jaina, your supposed to kiss Kyp !!!!!!!!!!
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! FEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FEN AND JAINA SHOULD HAVE TO FIGHT OVER KYP :D :p
  6. Deneveon Jedi Master

star 4
    :mad:

Someone get me a mallet so I can hit Johanas on the head. Maybe Jaina too. :D Then I can have Kyp all to myself... lol...

Anyway, great postie, I hope Kyp zaps Johanas with some Force lighting for hitting on his girl. Heh.

--Den
  7. Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan

star 4
  8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yes. Force lightning.

I don't like this guy! *whines* Kyp better start moving or Jaina's gonna slip right between his fingers...

is it too soon to ask for more?
  9. JediRedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Some one get me my "Nasty Sleazy Guy" whacking mallet.

I feel some skull crunching fun on the horizon! :>0
  10. Falcon Chosen One

star 10
    no no no you're suppose to be kissing Kyp not this other guy need more

Jaina's shivering I wonder what that could mean??
  11. ShortySC22 Jedi Master

star 1
    An interesting twist to this superb story. Keep posting! ^^
  12. astrowoman Jedi Youngling

star 1
    As a wise author said in another Jainafic, YOU ARE PLAYING WITH FIRE, GIRL!!

I think Jaina is toying with this guy; she's not really interested. But what does she hope to accomplish by getting him all worked up? Does she just want to see him squirm like a bug before she squishes him?

Methinks this smacks of creeping back toward the dark side . . . just a little.

Watch out!

And Kyp is going to be tied up in knots if he finds out about this ;)

AstroWoman
  13. SoraJade Jedi Youngling

star 2
    oh no!!!!!!!! WHAT DOES JAINA THINK SHE"S DOING!!!! I heartily concur with therest of the reviewers! We need some serious competition between Kyp and old whats-his-name 8-} (who cares what his name is anyway right?)

Keep up the good work!

SJ
  14. astrowoman Jedi Youngling

star 1
    One quick observation, since Johannas has "emerald" eyes.

Why do so many people in the GFFA have green eyes? I think there must be a higher percentage of that gene there than in the human population of the Milky Way (at least Earth). I mean in the profic, there is green-eyed Mara, Corran, Kyp, Jag, and (tho there's disagreement) Wedge.

Don't get me wrong, I think green eyes are beautiful. But I don't know anyone of my personal aquaintance that I can think of off the top of my head that actually has them -- I think they are pretty rare.

Sorry if this is crazy; ignore the rant. It's just that green eyes keep coming up over and over.

astro
  15. crazyalie Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Great post. I really love this fic. I'm just getting mad at Jaina. Can't she open her eyes and see KYP??? She knows she loves him.
  16. Hail_Jaina Jedi Youngling

star 2
    JAINA!!! BAD GIRL!! NO KISSING (unless Kyps around, that is :) )
  17. SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    OK.... I REALLY don't like this guy. Kyp Jaina!!! KYP!!!!

Just a suggestion... ;)
    More soon I hope!
    Anna
  18. JediRedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    How about a duel to the death. I wouldn't mind seeing Johannas get sizzled!

*insert evil laugh* (face_devil)
  19. the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan

star 4
    [color=7000CC]Just added it for a plot twist. I have something in mind to happen with Johanas you see. [face_devil]

astrowoman: In the EU, I only know of Corran and Mara with green eyes. Kyp has brown/black. As for my stories, I always have every colour represented. Besides, I like green eyes.

I think you're all going to like this one.[/color] :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyp sat in the gallery, repeatedly banging his head against the table. Hearing footsteps, he didn?t look up as the other approached him in the otherwise empty room. At this late hour, most of the others who occupied the base were in their allotted quarters, sleeping or doing small private tasks. All except him and the one other.

?Any chance of the X-Wings being done soon??

?Not a chance,? Han answered, sliding into the seat opposite him. ?You were in the hanger today, you should know that.? He paused. ?In fact, you?ve been there every day since they were called into maintenance and check on them at least twice a day.?

?I feel like a caged animal,? Kyp answered, looking up. ?And I don?t like. If the Vong attack, where would I go? What could I do? Nothing. I would be helpless and useless.? He met Han?s eye. ?I hate being helpless.?

Han reached out and patted his shoulder. ?I?d dig you up a ship somewhere and you could fly it. I promise.?

Kyp snorted. ?Yeah, this coming from the guy who promised to look after his own kids then screwed up his daughters life.?

?Who said anything about screwing it up?? He shrugged. ?I?m just encouraging her to marry young.?

?And what if she chooses someone you don?t like? What then??

?Then I?ll screw up my daughters life.? Han raised an eyebrow, leaning back in his seat. ?You're very interested in Jaina?s well being all of a sudden. Any particular reason for that??

?I used to babysit her, remember? I?ve known her since she was little. I feel that it?s my job to look out for her.? He narrowed his eyes. ?Speaking of which, are you going to tell me who it is you have in mind or am I going to have to go into your mind to get it??

Han smiled faintly. ?I thought Luke told you not to mess with peoples minds or he?d have you kicked out of the Order.?

Kyp waggled a finger at him. ?Just you remember who would have the upper hand in that fight. I?ve taken him down once, and I could very easily do it again without the help of a deranged and long dead Sith Lord.?

?Hey, I don?t doubt it, but if you do that the rest of the Skywalker family would come after of you, including Mara.? He chuckled. ?In my opinion, I think having a pissed off Mara Jade chasing me around the galaxy with a lightsaber is punishment worse then death and would be enough to drive a guy to fly himself directly into a black hole.?

?Been there, done that.?

?Yeah, you always were the stubborn one.?

Kyp grinned at him, eyes wide and innocent. ?But you love me for it.?

Han reached out to clip him over the ear, laughing as Kyp ducked from the blow. ?Don?t push your luck, kid. I could have just left you on Kessel you know.?

?And just think what a boring place the galaxy would be.?

?Perhaps, but at least there would be one more planet for the Vong to attack.? He spotted Kyp?s sour look. ?I?m just kidding kid, no hard feelings. If you hadn?t of taken out Carida then we would never have gotten the upper hand on the Empire and would still be fighting them as well as the Vong. You may have killed many, but it was a winning blow. I helped kill heaps of people on both the Death Stars. It?s not really what you did, but when you did it. Had you have done it during the rebellion, they would have given you a medal and paraded you around as one of the Alliances greatest hero?s.?

Kyp smiled faintly. ?Thanks Han.?

?No problem son.?

Kyp frowned, looking up at Han as he stood to leave. ?Do you really think of me as a son??

?Sure do.?

Kyp?s eyes fell to the table. ?You must really be disappointed in me, what with the
  20. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight

star 5
    LOVE IT! Incredible lines, GREAT interaction...that is so how I view Han and Kyp's relationship! And that's so true about if he'd done it during the Rebellion they'd call him a hero.

Is it too soon to ask for more?
  21. SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Like? i LOVE!!!
    That was so good, the characters were really dead on. Can we take it as prophetic that Han already thinks of Kyp as a son? *Anna looks hopeful*

Anna
  22. astrowoman Jedi Youngling

star 1
    TJP: Great post! I often feel that Kyp gets too much grief from everyone. It's nice that at least Han treats him well.

Sorry for rant about green eyes. I must have picked up the idea of Kyp having them from someone's fanfic.

I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but I've read so much fanfic now that it gets harder and harder to remember which events or details I read in profic and which were in fanfic.

Anyway, I'm really liking your story!

astro
  23. little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

star 3
    LOL! [face_laugh]

wonder what that smuggler would say if Jaina told him that she was related to all those people. Leia,Luke,Mara ect. LOL [face_laugh]
  24. Bellyup Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "...but because, in spite of her age, she's still pretty hot..."

Jaina: Uhh...that's my Mom you're talking about you green-eyed freak.

ACK-YOU KISSED HIM?? JAINA, THOSE LIPS ARE FOR KYP AND KYP ONLY!! No wonder she was shivering, wouldn't you shiver if you kissed that Johanes (or whatever) chapp??

I luuv the interaction between Kyp and Han!

"...you really should dye that mop. That grey makes me feel old." Classic line-I can soo imagine Han saying that!

"...I'm one step ahead of you..." Go Kyp! Trust your neck prickles!

Great job Jedi_Princess!
  25. Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Aww that was beautiful ^_^ Kyp/Han interation was prefect! Keep it up!

EJ
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade