main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Paper, Rock, Scissors COMPLETED *5/23**NEW, AND FINAL POST!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    All the desire in Obi-Wan?s mind and heart that fueled him to fight beyond what was physically endurable, began to wane. Even with his overwhelming desire to succeed, pain excruciating pain, and bone weary tiredness suddenly swept over him with a vengeance. Jinn watched as his apprentice dropped to one knee.

Obi-Wan was in a battle with only one of sith?s guards but it was Diablo, the most proficient of all the Red Guard. Panicked by Obi?s sudden collapse, Jinn kicked in with more power than he thought he had.

Not now but later, he would have to thank the force for abilities conjured up in his head mentally, then granted him without asking; power he had only witnessed from one other Jedi, Master Yoda and power he never assumed he would possess.

Qui-Gon had been locked in a battle with one of a handful of the last the Red Guard that struggled to defend their dark master. There were a few more left but they hadn?t ventured toward Master Jinn and were in a middle of their own problems with the young Jedi knights, Quinlan Vos and Xanatos Crion. Jinn had made every attempt to keep from actually killing his opponents.

*HAD made* was gone, replaced with a an almost nonchalant attitude to do whatever was necessary to get to Obi-Wan faster, he would do. He continued to parry forward with his luminous glowing green saber in his right hand, but his left hand suddenly became a weapon.

It was an unconscious effort on Jinn?s part. His left hand seem to take on a will of its own. He felt rather than directed his fingers on that hand, curl up to form a fist. Next his left arm raised up and straight out. Qui-Gon kept the Disiouis' guard at bay with his saber, still unsure and apprehensive about how his left side of his body had gained control on its own without his mind willing it to do what it was doing.

Still involuntary by Master Jinn, slowly his left arm bent up until his fisted hand touched his shoulder and with an electrical jolt that rocked his entire body in a backward motion from its thrust forward, his left arm shot straight out, his fingers flew open and pointed at the guard who was about to kill his padawan.

Master Jinn made a picture of an evil magician in one of Obi?s story books of younger days; the evil scowl on his face, the flowing robe draped down along his side, fingers shooting out rays of electricity, unheard of ability by a master in particular, Qui-Gon who had never been noted for it. Out of each of those now extended and spread opened fingers shot electrical current that lit up the entire landscape around them.

The current were directed on the Red Guard captain, Diablo who was just about to take Obi-Wan?s head off with his saber. The guard who had been fighting Qui-Gon saw what happened, dropped his weapon, and ran into the ship.

In the moment the bolt of current flew across to Diablo was the time Sidious needed. Experience had warned him not to take his eyes off the fight with Anakin. Anakin was young and experienced though.

The noise and brightness of the entire sky startled him and for only seconds did he hesitate in battle to turn quickly toward the noise and light show. It was enough time for Sidious to make his move. Two steps and he was on Anakin, had him disarmed, and in a headlock hold with his saber laid across the Jedi padawan?s throat just under his own arm lock.

In the background of what left over fighting there was, the sound of Sidious? ship?s engine being gunned to its highest. Through a small hand comm all of Sidious' men had, the red guard who had escaped commed his master.

?Master, the ship is awaiting your return. You and I are the only two left standing. I will wait for you.?

The guard didn?t go as far as his thoughts took him. Yes, he would wait for his master but only until his life became in danger again. If Sidious didn?t find a way to the ship soon, the guard would make his escape alone.

Sidious knew it. He waited for the others to collect themselves and see his hostage, Anakin Skywalker.

The other Jedi had all rus

2. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Ewen, thank you for this wonderful story. Great work! :D
    You ask if we are interested in a sequel?
    :eek: I crave for more!!!!!!!!!! More, please, more!!
    What has Joda up in his sleves? Vos overseeing Anakin and Xanatos? :D That smells trouble... [face_laugh]

But I would still like to read more of your beautiful Obi-Wan on probation story (at FFN). :) ;)

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Of course I will read more. Can you leave Bratkin with the bad guy though?

4. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Great story Ewan!

My Brother-in-Law is doing much better today. Thank the Force!

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh man! What an ending! I'm glad Qui and Obi made up!!! :D that was sooooo heartwarming! :D Gives me warm fuzzy feelings! :D :D

And yeah! What has he up his sleeves? And Vos overseeing Xanatos and Anakin? Now that's hilarious!! Poor guy... guess he has to stay at the Temple, ahhh man is that gonna drive Vos insane or what!!!! *Snrk*

Great job!!! Can't wait for the sequal!!! :D :D

6. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    Great story, buttttttttt i would have liked to see qui-gon tortured a bit but there is always time for that.

7. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Of course we are interested! When did you say that sequel was coming? Tonight? Tomorrow? When?

Great job with this story and seriously, I am looking forward to the sequel with great anticipation.

8. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    A nice ending to a fine fic. I can't wait to see what happens with the sequel.

9. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Well, Ewen seeing how I missed the ending I thought I?d give you a nice review. :D I loved this!

You really captured Obi-Wan?s driving strength, his concern for others. :) He is one to fight to the end even at the cost of himself. I liked Qui-Gon switching easily to do what ever it took to help his padawan. Having him unconsciously building his own lightning bolts was great and it showed it came from his concern. I could see his long hair and cape fly as the lightning flies.... :cool:

I love the guards turning chicken. Sidious was out skilled by the jedi & his own guard ready to up and leave him was priceless. There might be another bolt in that escaping ship when Sidious gets ahold of the pilot. [face_devil] Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan?s reuniting was nice, even if it took his near death to do it. I think even Xanatos is appreciating Obi-Wan?s admirable qualities. And, Obi-Wan does come out of his injuries a fighter. :)

I am curious about their first conversation after this, if they discuss the rift, trust and the start of their healing relationship... hint, hint. Epilogue! Guess I don?t need to read it to know what will be happy.

In the beginning of this I didn?t really like Obi-Wan getting smacked around but that does show the pettiness in Anakin and Xan?s bad side. You handled the worms without sending me running, eeeeeeek.

You really did shine in writing this one! I absolutely loved Vos the Hun. (sorry just watch Attilia the other day) 8-} Qui was completely believable in his stubbornness and part in the breakdown of their relationship. Xan is coming back at bit and I absolutely loved you putting Vos into that trio!

I am fully satisfied with this but I too am curious what the little troll has up his sleeve. I never know where you are going but I am always pleasantly surprised by your imagination. ;) Having read a few by you I can really see your growth in telling the story.

Nice job.
    Altaira, Cathy
    May be gone a bit again, have to go reset my power modulator unit. This computer has just about been rebuilt. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.