main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Paper, Rock, Scissors COMPLETED *5/23**NEW, AND FINAL POST!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I should have stolen poor little Obi away with me to Maui.

2. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003
    Layren: Bash him against the wall? *Evil Grin* Nah, if he likes the darkside so much, let's give him a tast of it. Hehe. *Raises hand from which Force lightning is flowing*

:_| Ouch! What a way to lose a braid. Poor Obi-Wan! :_|

3. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    *de-lurks*

ewen! I can't leave you alone with Obi for a second, can I?

*sits down to wait and impatiently taps her lightsaber hilt*

Qui better hurry his butt up.

*smiles sweetly*

Any chance I could have a little "talk" with Sidious?

4. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Up soon? :D

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Anakin hoped no one saw him turn his head as he held back bile that threatened to spew from his mouth. He didn?t care one bit how much pain Obi-Wan suffered at the hands of possibly the sith lord when he *removed* the braid from the young padawan. His concern was as always, for himself. He realized they were facing someone comparable to a sith or a sith himself. He couldn?t fathom an adult inflicting such pain on a young one, a phrase often used by the Jedi for their apprentices, no matter their age.

No telling what else he has done to Kenobi. No matter who *he* is, he certainly didn?t let his victim?s tender age sway his barbaric actions.

Xanatos stepped closer to Qui-Gon and he too attempted to take the braid from Jinn.

Jinn wrestled his hand and arm away from Xanatos. The mini tussle ended with a sharp jab from Qui-Gon?s elbow to his former apprentice?s rib cage.

?NO!! Xanatos this will remain with me. ?

?Master, who are we dealing with that would do such a thing??

?Who have I suspected all along, Knight Crion? Answer my question and you have the answer to your own.?

Neither former apprentice said it aloud but when they looked at each other and if you could read lips, SITH was clearly inaudibly spoken.

Anakin regretted his boastful words to Master Jinn. If this was the work of a sith, he wasn?t sure he wanted to see him now or do battle.

What would happen if I became a captive of the sith lord? I imagine they have already done worse to Obi-Wan by now. His braid was yanked out as a show of power for Master Jinn and the rest of us to see.

Anakin erred when he decided to voice some of his own thoughts.

?I suppose if was a sith who did this.?
    Anakin motioned around the room and the slaughtered people. His stare did not stop until he caught sight of the pad wan braid in Jinn?s hand. There his gaze rested.

?He doesn?t care how much he harms another to reach his goals, to get what he wants. I wonder if Padawan Kenobi is still alive??

The padawan didn?t think what he said would really matter. It was statement born out of hope, though he knew it wouldn?t deter the big Jedi master from searching for his captive apprentice anyway. Silently Anakin hoped, no wished they would not have to track the person responsible for such a heinous crime. However, he knew his wish not to go search for Kenobi would and could never be an option in their decision.

Anakin Skywalker had suddenly developed a case of homesickness for the temple. To be more precise, he missed the safety of the Jedi temple back on Coruscant. Fighting the sith lord didn?t seem as intriguing and adventuresome now.

No, now intrigue and adventure was replaced with thoughts of fear. Fear and anxiety was the train of thought for the apprentice, who had yet to be in a real battle let alone one with the most deadly of fighters another force sensate. It wouldn?t be like fighting a cumbersome Hutts, or even the more cunning but no less physically inept Jawa?s of the desert.

Jinn made a slow turn toward Xanatos? apprentice, stood for a moment, and glared daggers at the boy, who still failed to notice him.

Padawan Skywalkercontinued his thoughts of the dangerousness of battling a sith and paid no attention to Master Jinn who simmered over his words until with clenched fists started to make his way closer to the padawan.

Crion wanted to step in between both of them to save his apprentice, but thought better of it. He saw the fire in his master?s eyes and he did not want to step in between and wind up being the recipient of Jinn?s fist to his jaw. Qui-Gon looked that angry.

Surprisingly, it was Knight Quinlan Vos who stepped up and more or less saved Anakin. He didn?t particularly care for Anakin any more than Anakin had any compassion for Obi-Wan, but he knew Master Jinn would regret his actions if he did strike the boy. He did it solely to benefit Qui-Gon Jinn and his reputation within the Jedi order.

###The sith lord?s ship###

?Forgive me Master. I am not sure what you mea

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    ACK! The attack of the evil cliffy!! *Bites nails* ack! got none left!!!

Great work! Give him up Qui! To hells with Anakin! *Gasp!* Opps did I juz say that?! *glances to see if Master is looking* what a relief!
    hehehe good job once more!!!!

7. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Ooh no, not the worms please! Poor Obi! :(
    Hate to write that as a Jedi Qui-Gon has to find a way to save Anakin and Obi-Wan. :mad:

Evil cliffy by the way. :D

8. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I have been flabbergasted all day. Read this before work, couldn?t post I was almost late and had to run.

I did like Anakin realizing the real threat before them. So much for his inflated ego.

Don?t you dare allow Sidious to put any creepy, crawlies on Obi-Wan. You are killing me here. :_| I can?t watch horrors movies late at night. I?ll have to read the next post in the AM just in case. Cringing already here. Hope there is a good fake-out planned. crosses fingers and toes.

You are torturing him... and me evilly. It?s okay, I?ll just close my eyes until its over. :)

9. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    ewwwww- can't look

*runs screaming from thw thread

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jinn watched Darth Sidious pull the tarp off his apprentice. The Jedi were not surprised by who was under it. Their surprise, more like confusion was for what the dark lord did next. He personally went over to where Obi-Wan lay and with an instrument that looked like a set of large tweezers, removed from a container in his hand two of the most hideous worm-like bugs imaginable.

Qui-Gon instantly knew what Sidious had planned for Obi-Wan. Yet again the Jedi master?s age and experience caused him to be more familiar with the bug than his fellow Jedi, or most of them. Vos? mumbled favorite obscenity caused Jinn to suspect Obi-Wan?s guardian knew what Sidious had planned. After all, Quinlan had been a permanent resident on Tolan?s home world for several months, close to a year now.

Master Jinn?s fear caused his voice to be gruffer and his involuntary held breath made the words come out in raspy gasps, which sounded like small belches?

?NO?. DON?T?, this can.. be handled another way, any way."

Qui-Gon gulped in a long deep cleansing breath and held it.

"Don?t?. torture the boy because of some misguided vengeance against the Jedi. ?.

Along with his words, the Jedi master exhaled a long and drawn out cleansing breath? He hoped to expel his mounting fear along with that deep breath. Enough that at least the dark lord wouldn?t see his uncontrolled passionate emotions as a weakness in his Jedi prowess and use it against him where Obi-Wan was concerned.

?He has never done anything to you to warrant this. Get on the ship and just go. Leave my apprentice and I will not follow you. Of course, I will have to notify the council of Emperor Tolan?s death and *who* caused it, but I personally will not seek retribution now. Leave and know you will not be followed by any of us.?

?I don?t know whether I want to puke or stand up and applaud you, Jedi Master Jinn. Such dedication and loyalty to one so inept is definitely commendable. Isn?t that how you thought of your apprentice when you left him once before at the hands of the Bulenese to save that one, that he was less worthy than the other apprentice now with you??

Sidious drew his saber. Jinn didn?t move a muscle. He certainly was not going to unsheathe his as a threat to the Dark lord. He wouldn?t do anything that would jeopardize Obi. He also held his hand up to stop the antsy Xanatos and Anakin from pulling their sabers out in a defensive pose. Vos seemed to realize that a saber drawn on the dark lord with a captured apprentice and Red Guard everywhere was not a wise thing to do, not for any of them, but particularly not for the Kenobi who twisted and turned as if to fight his way out of an impossible position.

Some of the taut rigidity in Jinn?s body caused by the threat of an attack by Darth Sidious, left the giant master as he watched Sidious only use his saber to point at the ?one? he spoke of, the other padawan, Anakin Skywalker. Things became clearer in Jinn?s mind. He understood more than when he arrived.

Somehow, someway Darth Sidious has found out who the Jedi suspect Anakin is, the ?Chosen One?.

Jinn bit his lip until he drew blood. He hoped the minor pain he inflicted on himself would help keep him focused on Obi-Wan?s situation and his possible pending intense pain. He also knew the mental damage done to Obi-Wan by Sidious was just about as hard on the boy and the physical. Sidious was notoriously famous at torturing his captives, mental or physical. To have it spoken, though untrue that Jinn abandoned Obi once before, had to be mentally tortuous on the child.

Qui-Gon cringed with the memory of assisting his then master, Yoda retreive two Jedi knights unlucky enough to be captured by the dark lord. One died, the other never spoke o a coherent sentence after his *torture* at the hands of the evil one.

A dark foreboding look came over Qui-Gon?s face. This man before him would not negotiate on anything. Why Master Jinn thought for even a moment that Sidious would be more lenient with a y

11. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Sure he can.......Anakin's a meanie head apprentice and poor Obi is just a cute little kid.. come on Qui...

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Evil Sidy!! Eviiiiiil! Um I wonder what Anakin thinks about this... 'He wants me? WTF?!' I can almost hear Anakin think that!!! hehehehe but the kid might think... 'Ummm powerful this guy is...yeah I might like this...' hehehe

Oh well... great angst! Totally! Poor Obi... not liking bugs and then having one put on him and the pain! It might be good that he *doesn't* fully know what the beasties do!!

13. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Poor Obi!!!!!!!!! Stop this crawling worms ewen! Stop!

Will Qui-Gon trade Anakin for Obi-Wan?
    Hehe, I think the question is: will Qui-Gon be able to keep Anakin from turning over to Sidious? :D
    And what about Xanatos? [face_devil]

14. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    * peeks out...* is it okay to open my eyes yet? :_|

I can?t see Qui-Gon handing over Anakin either. I?m sure he may consider it. [face_devil] I don?t know how they are going to get out of this one. :(

*runs off to get a can of bug killer... sprays Anakin while running back by. phhhhhhttttt! It?s all his fault.*

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    *peeks in* are the bugs gone yet??

Nooooooooo

icky buggies

16. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    *peek*

[image=http://www.altair-rigel.com/images/TFN_0311.jpg]

not sure if I?m ready for the next part, 8-} but I?m brave.

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?Come on Master Jinn care to ask why I am willing to give your apprentice back to you? I think you can. Better than that, I think you know already what I want. I am right aren?t I??

Qui-Gon refused to answer the dark lord. He knew that every eye was on him even Xanatos Crion?s, the master to the one Sidious wanted.

The Jedi master took time to make a discreet glance toward his former apprentice, as the silence remained. He didn?t want to blurt out what he knew, what Sidious suspected he knew and most of all what Xanatos would more than likely have a quick and negative answer upon hearing Sidious? proposition for a trade off of apprentices.

No, he would let Darth Sidious do the dirty work on this one. Let him name his price for Kenobi and Jinn would watch the reaction of both Xanatos Crion and his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker when Sidious delivered his proposition.

Qui-Gon wasn?t sure if he really contemplated the idea of a trade between apprentices or not. One part of him, mainly ruled by his heart, wanted too with all that he was. The other part ruled by his mind and his Jedi traits, said it was an impasse. One could not be traded for the other. After all, one was no more important than the other one. To Sidious the Chosen One was the sought after apprentice.

Jinn had learned his lesson over the last several months that for him Obi-Wan was far more valuable in so many ways not Jedi that Jinn couldn?t fathom going through his life without him. Now in Jinn?s heart the boy had buried himself so deep that Qui-Gon knew he would always be there. It would not be as it was with the other apprentice. Vos had taught him some well learned lessons about love and cherishing those you do love, have loved, and let go.

?Well Master Jinn if you would come back to reality I want an answer. You know what I want. Tell your companions what it is.?

?I am not sure I know. I know what I suspect. I however, don?t want to be the one to say it. What don?t you spit it out Darth Sidious. You are the one with the idea and in such a hurry, you tell them. Better yet, speak with Xanatos Crion I am sure he will be the one with the most objections.?

Xanatos stood silent and off to the side. He watched all that had taken place. He didn?t know until the worm was dropped why it was there. After he saw the pain Obi was in from just one little bug gnarling its way through Obi?s flesh, it didn?t take much of an imagination what the dark lord had planned.

Anakin was still oblivious to everything. He didn?t have a clue what Darth Sidious wanted. When he looked up to see Xanatos staring at him, his master's ashen colored face alarmed him. Crion braved stepping forward. He suspected what Sidious wanted and he would not get it. No matter how much he and his apprentice did not get along, he would not allow him to be traded. Xani quite truthfully thought Anakin was the best of the bargain between him and Obi-Wan and that he should be protected over Kenobi.

He is the chosen one and in that he is more important than that little do-gooder apprentice I now have captive.

It suddenly donned on Xanatos at that moment that Darth Sidious must have found out Anakin?s suspected identity some way. Yes that?s it, thought Crion. He knows my apprentice is the supposed *Chosen One* and what ruler wouldn?t want him to be at his side to guide and apprentice in his ways. In Darth Sidious? case, his evil ways.

"Sidious I think perhaps you ask the wrong person for permission. I think you actually presume to exchange Kenobi for my apprentice is that correct?"

For the first time in his young life, Anakin knew what fear, real fear was. He could only stare at his master and then Jinn as he listened to the exchange between his own master and the one who evidently wanted to be his master, Darth Sidious.

?Well I see Jinn?s apprentice or former one is just about as smart as you are. Yes, that is precisely what I want and if I don?t get it, Jinn?s apprentice will die."

?What makes you think we would trade one?s death for a

Allyanah likes this.
  18. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    woohoo, Anakin is taking on Sidious! Somehow I don?t think he will win. [face_devil] One swipe of Sidious? hand and *poof* what a nice thought :D

thanks for covering Obi-Wan, I couldn?t watch... you can take the bugs off now. :_| Qui-Gon is keeping his cool in this dire stand off they are in. :( He?s realizing his mistakes so late, sniffle He is wise trying to size up all involved, it?s not like they can do anything. :_|

?it was a compulsive and stupid reaction to the fearful situation his own life? I loved that line. [face_love]

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    That's right Altira- smashed like a little worm

20. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    I am new to these boards and I just wanted to tell you how much I admire your writing. You and the other great writers here are such an inspiration to someone like me who is just started to write Star Wars fiction. This story is so intense...can't wait for more...very soon...please!!!!

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Arg! Another cliffy! Ack!!!! *Bites pencil in half* hehehehe
    Great work! So Ani is gonna confront DS because he thinks they'll give him over anyhoo! hehehe well why not! If ya gonna go, go out with a big boom! hehe

That was sweet though of Qui... he is realizing things though a pity it has to be now and took something this tragic to *slap* him in the face! Great work!!

22. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Oh, stupid Anakin! Now all Jedi have to fight to save you!
    Stupid! :mad:

23. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

No, no. It's a good thing! See, now he's going in there to save Obi-Wan! 8-} Of course, that's from a certain (and very 'out there') point of view! ;)

24. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Can't wait for the next post! Sometime soon I hope!

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Sorry it is short but had a busy week.

#####################

Master Jinn didn?t even have time to condemn the boy for his actions. That would have to come later. That split second of Anakin?s irrational move gave Jinn and the two knights with him, Crion and Vos, the time they needed to draw their sabers. The Red Guard who had their blasters on them turned them to Anakin. However, the young Jedi apprentice was much to close in proximity to the dark lord to chance a shot at him.

He had been in just the right place. Sidious and his Red Guard didn?t make many mistakes but letting the boy too near the sith was a major one. Now everyone had their sabers drawn and the Jedi wasted no time in attacking the Red Guard who thus far hadn?t even noticed the Jedi had armed themselves. Their focus stayed on protecting their dark master and only when one after another their started to fall from the attack of the Jedi did they turn to face them. A couple Red Guard didn?t even know what hit them. Now though they had no choice but to focus on the other.

Sidious pulled his saber and engaged Anakin Skywalker in a duel. He thought the young one would be the easiest to put down and *HE* was the one who had his saber directed at him.

Obi-Wan did not lay dormant during all the commotion. He was aware that something was going on. He heard whooshing sound of sabers being drawn, heard the snap of blaster holders being undone, and heard a Red Guard shout the order no. He had already set to trying to free himself .. He wasn?t sure he could but he was glad for anything that would get his mind off the awful two worms that had already made their way under his skins and set up home there. Maybe not home. but a diner and I am being served.

Obi didn?t have his born given force to assist him, however he had been trained to escape being tied and tethered without the use of the force. It was training all padawan?s had taken. Obi would now learn if his training had actually stuck with him. He squeezed his hands together to the point that he actually dislocated his thumb joints; popped them right out of their sockets. He hoped that would be enough with his thin wrist and hand structure that he wouldn?t have to dislocate anything larger, like a shoulder joint.

###In the meantime####

Qui-Gon took on two Red Guard. Some had sabers, some of them opted to use their blasters.

It was more difficult to use the thin blade of his Jedi saber as a shield to deflect a blaster shot with but Jedi trained knights and masters could do it. In this case Jinn and his two former padawans could do it with ease and not and grace. Yes in that, their master had taught them well.

Qui-Gon only had time to glance over at Anakin once to see he was holding out. He wanted to help but he had to make his way through several more Red Guard before he could lend any kind of assistant to his grand padawan.

Xanatos and Vos were in much the same situation. All three older Jedi knew the importance of getting to Anakin. In their mind, there was no way Skywalker could defeat the sith lord, not with his meager Jedi training thus far. Their only hope was that Sidious might toy with the boy just to let him believe he was making progress in the battle before he executed his deadly blow and Jinn knew he could very well do it at anytime he wanted. Maybe the older Jedi would have enough time to battle their way to Anakin before he was killed.

After he checked on Ani, Jinn did a double summersault and landed behind two Red Guard, who stood awestruck looked as if they had lost the master in the mayhem. It was just enough time for Jinn to land blows to both of them. At that point, in the battle he could not take care not to kill them. He delivered what strikes he could with his saber with no thought of the men?s survival or death.

Xanatos had been nearly disarmed by three Red Guard had lost his balance and was on the bottom of the heap with the three Red Guard on top. It took quick actions by Knight Quinlan Vos to get the other knight back on his fe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.