main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Paper, Rock, Scissors COMPLETED *5/23**NEW, AND FINAL POST!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    :D. Wonderful! Obi-Wan has freed himself, and Qui-Gon is acting like himself again!! :D

Let us hope it lasts!!

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Great action sequence

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yippee! Obi is free and Qui believes in him!! A pity Obi doesn't know that latter bit juz as yet.

Great post!!! Ani holding his own, eh? Coooool

4. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Yeah, Obi-Wan is free! I liked that he has been capable to free himself! :)
    But there is still a fight to come... :(

5. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    here postie postie

6. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I?m glad Obi-Wan is free. He is a slippery little jedi... ouch! on the escape.

They all are in a dangerous fight but I am glad an opportunity did come up, even if it was Anakin?s doing. :) I enjoyed Qui?s thoughts on his trust in Obi-Wan to Vos. Qui-Gon is showing promise but they are not out of this yet. :(

Glad to be back too. :)

7. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    SORRY FOR THE DELAY.

AS some of you might know, I work on a computer all day!! That means I sit all day.

I have delevoped a nasty case of lower back spasms which I have had before from sitting bent over alot.

I am in a quagmire. If I sit and write, the spasms only become worse. If I take the prescribed muscle relaxants for the back spasms, I am so loopy I don't know what I am writing.

Have taken this week off work, but I do write a little each night on this story.

ANYWAY!! I hope to have a post for you tomorrow night or early Saturday.

Sorry guys!!

PEACE ewen

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Back spasms are the worst!! I feel for you! Don't rush on our account! Hopefully they'll go away soon. Relax as much as possible!! :D We'll wait as long as needed. We don't want you to accidentally murder one of our fav characters in the middle of a bought of pain! ;)

9. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Take care of yourself first Ewen. We?ll be out here when you feel better.

I had/have Carpul Tunnel Syndrome. :( Years back during a move I made the decision to give up my SuperNintendo. I still miss it. I could beat Zelda in under 6 hours and collect everything, Ran the entire length of Contra only dying once or twice and saw the bikini girl in Metroid on a regular basis. 8-}

My wrist and fingers no longer tingle and ache. I want to get the new game system but I wait. It isn?t worth surgery to play. What that was about besides bragging, :D is do whatever is necessary to prevent damage. You?ll have to get a laptop so you can lay down and type. They?re getting cheaper and smaller all the time. :)

10. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Please take care of yourself...back spasms are not fun...been there, done that! We can wait---the important thing is that you get better!

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    From one back pain sufferer to another- don't neglect your health. Take care of yourself! Use hot packs!

Try watching Disney movies while your on Soma/Skelaxin/Flexeril- it's fun!

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx for all your concern. Am not sitting for long on the computer, but I do have a post ready.

Plan to relax and stay away from my desk so hopefully I will able to work on Monday. Have a good weekend and hope you enjoy this post...ewen

################

Though Vos, the rogue-like Jedi with yellowed lines etching his high-boned cheeks had his reservations about returning Obi-Wan?s light saber, he knew his former master, Qui-Gon Jinn was right. The apprentice had to have something to protect himself, even if he wasn?t as efficient with that weapon as he once was. Obi-Wan?s inability to use his force abilities alone was enough to make the knight hesitant. Obi?s over all physical conditions hadn?t even been part of his concern. Vos gave a high one handed pitch of Obi-Wan?s light saber to him.

It sailed up and over the heads of several Red Guard. The apprentice instantly put into actions all his Jedi training instilled in him thus far, being very mindful that he did not have the force to reach out for as his guidance and aid. He also could not help but be very mindful of his weakened condition and the growing pain from the worms that gnarled their way deeper into the tender flesh of his still exposed gut.

The Red Guard had watched the Jedi?s light saber being tossed to their freed prisoner. Several turned their attention to Obi-Wan because they were fearful of the consequences from their own master for the boy?s escape. The Red Guard didn?t realize that Sidious fought the one he truly wanted, the ?Chosen One?, Anakin Skywalker. Obi-Wan had only been a decoy.

The three older Jedi watched in horror as the Red Guard, not already engaged in a battle, descend on Obi-Wan, their intent obvious, to capture, contain, or otherwise destroy their escaped prisoner. Their first option would have been to recapture Jinn?s apprentice, but whether it be dead or alive, held no real importance to them. The principle overseer of the Red Guard assumed Sidious would end up killing Jinn?s apprentice anyway.

Anakin was aware of the onslaught of Sidious? men headed for Obi-Wan, couldn?t have care less, and wouldn?t have lifted a saber to help him, had he been in a position to do so.. However, for Anakin it wasn?t even an option He was too wrapped up in his own battle which had suddenly taken a more deadly turn with the speed and power of Sidious welding his doubled edge saber increasing with every blow he directed at the young Jedi.

What seemed like a relatively simple battle against Sidious at its onset, had sudden taken a dangerous turn against the ?Chosen One?. He stumbled twice in recent seconds and his body had unexpectedly become tired, overly tired, too tired maybe than would be expected of one so young, virile, and trained for extended stamina while in battle.. Tired to the point that Anakin believed it had to be from the force of the dark side that pushed him to that brink of exhaustion.

A little added zing from his force of evil is what enabled Sidious to take control of this battle thought Anakin. That hunched over old man wouldn?t stand a chance, couldn?t possibly have kept up with my talents in fighting had he not had the powerful aid of his evil dark force he can conjure up..

Even as Anakin thought through the reason behind Sidious? abnormal mystical powers, he was envious that someone so old, decrepit, and spooky-like in his aged appearance, even down to his fingers could possess such an enabling power as the dark force could lend him.

Maybe I can turn the tables, use a little force of my own to add a little zing to my fighting as well.

Anakin Skywalker was not familiar with the way the force worked. He had used it a couple of times living as a slave to astound his friends. At that time however, he didn?t know it was the force just some unusual added talent he had or so he thought. While being at the temple Xanatos hadn?t really worked on the use of his force. Not from the lack of making every attemlpt to do so.

Anakin had always shrugged off le

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Well to Palpy I say -stick in your ear!!- hehehe love this line cuz it animates Obi all over it!!

Little did the dark lord know, Obi-Wan?s fierce battle tactics had more to do with saving his friend Vos and his master Qui-Gon Jinn than it did with protecting his own life ????

So true of Obi-Wan.. so like him :D

Great postie!! And do rest up!! :D

14. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Obi-Wan is proving himself a good apprentice and worthy jedi. Too bad he has Sidious? attention. Although it would only build on Anakin?s ego, I would be nice if he smashed Sidious. I still have the other three jedi to hope for help.

Obi-Wan does have noble values and stamina without the force, unlike another we know. :)

15. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Obi-Wan shows his strength and compassionate true self. I like this post! :)

16. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Darth Sidious found himself nearly being bested in the battle against Anakin Skywalker. Well? it had become increasingily more difficult for the dark lord to keep on top of the *duel* with the young Jedi when Anakin started using his gift of the force.

Ani finally realized he had the force to draw added power, and draw from it he did. His pain from being struck several times by Sidious with his saber did nothing to provoke him in making an attempt to seek aid from the force. It did not fuel his desire to use his magnificent gift. He had crisscross burns all over his arms and even one more severe burn on his right cheek.

It wasn?t the frustration he felt over not being able to defeat the old hunched over man; the way he first saw the sith lord. What fueled his ability to pull the extra strength needed to stay toe-to-toe with Sidious was his uncontrollable anger over the idea that he might just die before his potential, his destiny was actually fulfilled.

Even during the time of a near death situation Anakin Skywalker still thought very highly of himself. While the dark lord enjoyed feeling the padawan?s unleashed anger that charged through the force, he became increasingly doubtful that he alone could defeat Anakin. Defeat him and keep him alive.

He wanted to alert his men that he was the one who they should be rallying around.

By the time Sidious had gotten Anakin somewhat controlled for a few moments, enough to look around to attempt again to draw his guards' attention to him, he frantically realized there were very few Red Guard that were able to come to his aid.

The Jedi had made every attempt not to kill their adversaries and they managed to avoid killing several of them. No, most of the Red Guard had been only incapacitated; walking wounded might be a good way to describe most of them. Some held tourniquets to stop the bleeding from missing fingers or even a missing hand here and there.

Jedi were very good at leaping in the air and landing a blow to their opponents with their booted feet. Sometimes they hit the guards directly in the chest, the result, broken ribs. Sometimes it was off its intended mark, preferably the chest or stomach and landed higher, in the face of their nemesis?. That off the-mark booted heel, smack dab in the face resulted in many broken noses, blackened eyes and gushing blood from outed teeth.

Blood oozed from their mouths and if Sidious had time to observe them longer, he would see that when they opened their mouths to spit out a mouthful of blood, gaping holes where teeth once were was very visible.

Yes, walking wounded was about the only way to describe his men. The lucky ones that is; the ones that survived the battle with the Jedi. Maybe lucky wasn?t?.. shouldn?t have been used to describe the ones still alive. Maybe they were the unlucky and the ones who succumbed to their injuries were the *lucky* ones. All of the living knew they would be in for it from their dark master if he got out of all this alive.

Qui-Gon Jinn had trained all his apprentices to be more that formidable opponents against the sith and his little army. Even down to his youngest, Obi-Wan Kenobi, who still battled with two or three stragglers, as did the other three older Jedi.

How am I to get out of this with the boy, Skywalker, my dignity, and most of all, my life?

PEACE ewen

P.S.

I really am going to need feedback for the last chapter. Yes last chapter. I have already started a sequel to this one?. 5 YEARS LATER. Of course we will have to see which ones are left after the battle to know who will be in the sequel.

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Wow... this is the next to the last chappie?? uh oh! They'd better kick some royal boodies! ;)

Great job!!! hehehe Sidious having it hard is he? Muahahahaha get'em Anakin!! [face_devil]

I say Anakin kicks his behind and sends him packing!!! Glad to know Obi is still alive and kicking! Ohhh the thought of a sweaty Vos... ummm hehehehe

Great work :D Can't wait for the last chappie!! And you say you're gonna do a sequal?? Coolidge! Is Vos gonna be in it??? Oh do say yes!! ;)

19. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    i'm here. feedback is here too. i am sorry for being absent so long. this story is wonderful. looking forward to the last part. real life for me is crazy right now. i am finally back to work. i work third shift now. i just wanted to let you know that i have not abandoned you. i just don't respond unless necessary now. too many things have been sent to me by pm's to make me wary about talking to anyone. why would anyone want to make miserable and very cruel remarks about my tragedy. anyway, i am still here, but as a lurker now. sorry for letting you think i left your story. i didn't. always a loyal reader for you.
    jedibear

20. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Ooooooh! A sequel! I AM SO HAPPY, [face_jumping up and down, happy dance!]

You wrote you were hoping for replies on what happens next but I am a big mouth most of the time. :D

I like how the battle is going and that Anakin (ol? chosen one) is giving Sidious a run for the money. Good turn there, he is powerful though ignorant of the true ways of the force. :) Too bad, Anakin is so bad you have to love him too, the boy does have potential. [face_devil]

Now, as to who may survive the battle... we need them all! [face_devil] I feel a cliffhanger coming on. I was really PEEVED when Han was left in carbonite. I waited almost 3 years to get him out of that. My face is twisting now. [face_shocked] ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Vos for his hunkyness and calm, wise wisdom, past experience with Qui and caring for Obi-Wan even with his tough exterior.

Xan, my fav cutey evil one. Have to have the mixed evil influence from our lost and still current jedi.

Qui-Gon, well that needs no explanation... his bucket is smaller in this one, but still annoying. Who else could do such stubborn things and still come back from stupidity? I like it. 8-}

Obi? We?ll there would be no reason to read without him there to bring out the worst and best in all of them. [face_love]

This last chapter is next?! a sudden surprise but, I am looking forward to reading it, with the knowledge there is MORE TO COME. Yippee! ...dances away, singing in the rain!

21. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    Sequel? Did I hear that right? There is going to be a sequel? Yippee!! :D Great post, anxiously waiting for the last chapter!

BTW--hope your back is doing better.

22. Vampi_Digitalwytch

Vampi_Digitalwytch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    *slips out of her coffin of Lurking*

I've been following this one on and off since my time's been a bit scattery, but I've rather enjoyed the take on things.

Quinlan's one I'm not familiar with, but he's certainly an interesting one and I'd've loved to've seen a picture of the rougher Obi-Wan when he was with him.

23. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I have to acknowledge two of my loyal readers.

First, Jedibear30, You seem to have come out on top after suffering so many tragedies this past year and longer. I am glad to see you back with us if only occasionally !!

Now to Altaria. She is the celebrity among us this week. Her EP3 banner won. Worth a look see. I saw it and it was indeed pleasant to the *orbs*.

Also I have a whimsical question for P.K.. Just how come all I ever manage is a three day stay in Chicago and you jet off to exotic places all the time?

Just proves what I say every day of my life "Life truly isn't fair."{Just kidding)

Jediknight150 Are you going to delurk once I post the last post on Friday? I suspect you are still out there. As for 7 and JJGirl I can't believe I lost both of them at about the same time...

PEACE ewen.

24. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Woww, can't wait for the last chapter! :D
    Hope you'll start the sequel soon! :)

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    what is this- a cliffie at the end of a tv season? Now we have to wait until next season to find out who survives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.