main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Parade Committee

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Psxjedi76, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    For the record, I did apply before I resigned. Never got a response though. Good job Ron!

2. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    yeah he said he got two

3. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Cool, just glad he answered you.

4. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I've got three kids who will be in the parade with us! Two boys and a girl, from 7 to 12 I think.
    How exciting!

5. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    When are we going to get the wood for the Bantha? That gift card I have for Lowes expires on Sunday!

Also, my nephew might be in town in time to join us in the parade.

6. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    we can get it on sunday if needed or even saturday before the meeting if need be just need to transfer funds for the wood. i am bringing the 120.00 we got from CIV plus kasey already gave Marcus the change from the remaining money.

7. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey dan let me know how i can help you out. How much funds are left from the 60.00 we need to get blue pain and plastic cups. We also need to get the materials for the Signs and get those made.

Every one please try to bring any donations for the BBQ to the Mini tournament this Saturday or try to give it to kasey or marcus as soon as possible. So that we can get the shopping done for the bbq asap.

I will bring my 5.00 when we get the trailer on friday.

8. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    If you all need any help at the end of the week I might be able to help some.

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    When are we getting the trailer on Friday?

10. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    sometime after noon

11. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I didn't know if anyone had responded to the e-mail in the club account yet, but Hans sent us an e-mail and asked for a reply. I sent one letting him know we'd be there. Here is the e-mail from him:

To: Parade Participants

Entry Name: New Boise Order

Your Entry Number is: 43

Parade lineup at Watertower Road.

Entries must come in from Locust Grove

For Map go to: http://meridiandairydays.org

Judging starts at 6:00pm

Portable toilets will be available.

There will be no parking at Storey Park.

Car clubs: one vehicle will be in the lineup,

the others in a nearby parking lot. Will follow

up with more info for those entries.

NO CANDY or treats of any kind are to be tossed from the

parade entry, a person may carry candy or treats and walk

the parade route handing these items to the spectators.

This is a safety issue.

Will inform of any changes, please pass the word to

participants in your entry.

Please respond that you have received this email.

For info call: 467-2468 or email.

Enjoy the parade,

Hans

12. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Talked with Dan today. When we picked up the wood, apparently one of the boards was slightly bigger. This is the price all four boards was rung up as. Dan and his mom were able to get reimbursed for the overcharge, so we've got $3 left towards blue milk or whatever.

Dan has invited everyone who wants to help on the float to come to his house tomorrow after 10am. There will be free burgers!

I will be going over there sometime around noon or so.

13. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Well work on the Bantha is going very well! Full props to Dan and especially his mom Linda for all the hard work and creativity they've poured into the project!

The Bantha is fully coated with brown paint, but needs a bunch of touch-up, including adding the features, like lips, eyes etc.

Also, we've been brainstorming different things to do about a stand. Ron, as soon as you hear on that trailer, lets pick it up. You might even be able to use the truck Dan has, just so long as we get it to his house before Friday so we can play with it.

Also, when are we going to get those magnetics for the vehicle?

14. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Thats great news Guys, I got Word on the Trailer we can pick it up any time Just ask that i be there when you do it. So if you would like to pick it up after work i can help you do that.

15. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Ron, I don't work tomorrow so if you'd like to pick it up then we can. Let me know.

16. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    yeah that will work give me a call after noon, and we can make a time to get it, I am waiting for a call from T-mobil in the morning to see if i am going to start working or go for another interview there.

17. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Sounds good. I will call you sometime after 12 noon. Then we can drop it by Dan's and you can see the Bantha!
    It rocks.

18. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    I think I have work tomorrow, and don't know what my schedule will be, but my Dad will be home.

19. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    The Dairy Days Parade is this Friday. Those involved in the parade should arrive at my house by 4:30pm. However, there has been an upset in the project....we went to pick up the trailer today, and due to safety concerns and other issues, the free trailer that we had looks like its not going to work. We need to hold a special meeting for the parade before Friday to decide if we want to disperse club funds to rent one for the day or simply have all members with voting rights to respond by e-mail with a vote. The cost could be up to $80. If anyone out there has or knows of someone who has a 12 foot trailer, we need it!!!! Remember, the parade is THIS Friday and our Bantha is nearly complete, so we are under a bit of a time crunch here.
    With the parade being on Friday guys, we need to get something decided sooner than later. We've got people driving down here for this and need to make sure we have a trailer secured for Friday, and a truck that will be ok with pulling it.

20. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    Hi all,

I'm unable to attend the parade on Friday cause I will be training a co-worker. Wouldn't mind dressing as Leia again, but the hairdo takes too long to setup.

Anyway, wanted to know where/whom/when to drop off the case of coke that I promised you guys for that night. Let me know.

Thanks, Donna

21. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    We have only received one e-mail reply back on the dairy days issue. But I have talked with everyone concerning the parade except Amma and Jolynn. Ron called and left me a message yesterday saying he found one at 16ft for only $70.
    So approved for renting a trailer are as follows: Ron, Eric, Kasey, Marcus. Dan, I would like to know your vote? Did you find any other alternatives? Again, lets remember everyone that the parade is tomorrow!
    I hope to see everyone posting on here before tonight.

22. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I want to thank everyone for their hadr work on this project. I support using the club funds to rent a trailer. Due to work I cannot attend the parade. Have fun guys and good luck!

23. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Officers and active members please show up to my house at 1pm tomorrow. For more information, please check your e-mail. Thanks gang!

24. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Two Idaho falls blokes will be joining you at Kasey's house tomorrow around 3:00. The Garrison Idaho Squad Commander of the 501st and State Captain of the Rebel Legion are going to make the road trip (I love a good parade, but thank goodness this isnt the Eagle Water Fight parade). Boba Fett and X Wing Pilot.

Since this is going to be on TV, how many of you are on deck to tape it?

25. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Yeah, we need to make sure it gets recorded. Hey Eric, can you DVR it?

Enjoyed "Rise of the Silver Surfer." I didn't realize it until Josh pointed it out, but the movie was only an hour and a half long!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.