main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Parade Costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by SpiritofEowyn, Jul 4, 2005.

1. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Just a question, was it anyone on these boards that was dressed up as Jedi in today's 4th of July (Provo) Parade?
    Did anyone else see that?

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I didn't see that, pity.

3. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    I was the Boba Fett in the Freedom Festival Parade yesterday. You looking for someone in particular? You can find 128 photos from the parade at the Alpine Garrison Gallery.

Later,

4. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Actually I just wanted to congraduate you guys on some awesome costumes!
    And I was surprized that fans were dressed up in the parade and were not A) Part of these message boards ^^ and B) didn't announce that they were going to be in the parade.
    Thanks for the link to the pics though, Now I can show my roomie Kateydidnt who was out of town.

^_^

5. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    LOL, I spotted Mike delurking. Your little girl is so dang cute in that Imperial Officer's uniform. Kudos to Amy for whipping up that little git-up for her. Alas, I was at the Riverdale parade in my Stormtrooper with the others. I hear that your parade went a few extra unanticipated miles! We gotta get that float fixed up!

6. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Delurking? No, more like re-activating my TFN account. Been too busy on other forums. ;)

There are a lot of Star Wars fans in Utah County that aren't here on the Fanforce boards. I'm sure that with Ish's leadership, that will change. :cool:

Later,

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, hey, mike, I was talking to dana yesterday and I went "I got a pm from handyman the other day..." and she went "He's ALIVE?!"

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I was surprised, when I introduced myself at ROTS during the costume contest that, apart from LeiaTygre, there were 6 uncharted readers of mine who went "Oh my gosh! You're Ish and I loved __________________!"

9. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Well... That all depends on how you define "ALIVE". :p

As for the PM, don't forget that it was in response to one that you sent me. ;)

Later,

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, but she claimed you never responded to her pms, hence the "HE'S ALIVE?!"

11. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Dana sent me ONE PM on October 20, 2004, and no, I did not respond to that one PM. That was the time I went AWOL from TFN. :eek:

Sorry, Dana.

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Ah, okay. Now I understand. Well, we've missed you, anyway. Where are you these days and are you and your lovely family ever coming to an activity?

13. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    *Where* am I? Still here in Orem.

Am I coming to an activity? Possibly. Things are quite busy at work for me in July. Right now I'm working about 12-14 hours a day, but things will get better later this month.

I stepped down as CR and left the Fanforce boards last October because I was extremely frustrated. I had planned three activities in a row where not one soul showed up. It was because of this lack of interest that I decided that I needed a break.

I will support whatever activities I can. I don't want to contribute to the same spirit of apathy that led to the decline of the Provo Fanforce.

I'm quite confident you can turn things around DarthIshtar as the new CR. :)

Later,

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awesome, thanks for the vote of confidence. It's sometimes funny to only qualify for active fanforce because me, dana, and Mia all come to the activities or that sort of thing. I'm trying to get our antisocial collegiates to come out for the activities. EowynJade I've met several times, but Laura_anu tends to stay in study mode all year round.

15. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Well, I couldn't come to them, as I was in Florida, otherwise I would have been there, Mike.

I sent a couple more PMs to you, and to Tiffany, but I think the board system lost them, 'cause I can't find 'em in my outbox. That's happened to me quite a bit, which is disturbing.

Dana

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, me too.

17. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Hey, I can't help being in Study Mode!! I've just never had a B before, and I'd rather keep it that way as long as possible! However...I have the feeling that "Historian's Craft" (Hist. 200) will be my undoing this fall...hehehe. Yes, I'm an unsocial hermit. [face_laugh] But I have really good excuses for missing all the activities! Like going out of state and stuff! Really! I'm going to have to go into hiding this fall with our new fearless Leader on the loose!

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, and all those times I Im and you go "I Have to wash my hair or study for a test in 7 months"...;)

19. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    No, it's "I have to go EAT or study for a test in 7 months..." I prefer not to wash my hair, or any of the rest of me if I don't have to...I'm trying to break my personal record for the most days (not camping) without a shower.

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Can we say ew and yay?