main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Parade Float

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, Jul 13, 2009.

?

Parade Float

Poll closed Jul 18, 2009.
  1. Skiff

5.3%
  2. Falcon

52.6%
  3. Sandcrawler

5.3%
  4. Ewok Village

31.6%
  5. Dagobah Swamp with Yoda's Hut

5.3%
  6. Hoth Scene

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ok, here is the poll for the float, I thought we had better get the ball rolling on what we are doing. Here are the suggestions I found, any others are of course welcomed.

Also, after you vote it is nice (not required but it should be :p) to post also below what you want, this way we know that people arent making up or using other screen names.

We will need funds and labor to help make this happen, if you would like to donate towards this PM SithChick and she will give you further instructions.

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'll vote for the Falcon because out of all the choices I think it is the most universally recognizable.

Plus, it's the Falcon. I mean, what could possibly be cooler than Han Solo's ship???

3. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I voted Ewok village. I completely trust that Jeff could design it to be safe enough for the younglings, and would love to incorporate their "involvement" in a costumed event. Plus, it would just be super cute. [face_love]

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002

what she said. and have cory up there, i mean chewie ;)

5. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I LOVE the Ewok village idea, but I think we should wait a year or two for it, so we can milk the kids for more entertainment value. Picture dancing ewoks with slingshots, hehe.
    So I voted Falcon, a closed one, no passengers.

6. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I think we're missing the point of the float... It's so people who can't walk these parades for whatever reason get the chance to participate. For instance, Catz44 when she was pregnant with Abby, *Spawn* when he was sick, Mistress with the Bean... If we turn it into a toy, instead of a float, it defeats the purpose of it.

7. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I voted Ewok village. I think it's the one that will be most convenient to costume for and have the kids (and others) able to ride. When the kids get older, some sort of open-air sandcrawler would be cool and then they can be Jawas. :D

8. TheFettedOne

TheFettedOne Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2008
    I voted Ewok village because it would be really fun with Abby and the other children.

9. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    I was a little torn on this because I can picture how we would do both the open-top Falcon and the Ewok village. But, since so many people are popping out spawn, Ewok village makes the most sense. So that's what I voted.

10. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    sorry, I meant no open-top falcon, a la retractable canvas top with racing stripes. but float people are coolio, plus driver/shot gun, etc.

11. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I voted. That is all.

12. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    I voted falcon because i gotta root for the underdog. Seriously, I think either would look great, and though I'm undecided, I'm thinking the Ewoks will win this one anyway and I wanted to help give Han's ship a fighting chance. I really, really would like to see a Sandcrawler sometime too, though. Complete with Jawas FTW.

13. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I havent voted yet and partial because I'm trying to figure out, who has kids that are able/ willing to attend this, I think the ewok village would look silly with only one or two ewoks.....
    I'm not sure if Abby will be old enough to be in a costume and want to stay in it. We had a hard enough time keeping her in her ewok costume when she was under one, I'm not sure how well she will do when she is almost two.
    Thoughts>.....................?

14. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I think that 2011 would be perfect for the ewok village. Abby will be older. :) I know I don't have kids, but the ones we are still too young IMO. but whatever is the consensus.

I voted for the falcon because it just plain rocks!!

15. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I voted Ewok village...

... it would be so cute to make a bunch of ewok costumes for all the kidses. I could add 3 to the mix. If we added any of the other MG'ers kidses to this, there could be a large number of Ewoks. (As a side, there are at least 4 killer looking Jawas already completed as well.)

[image=http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp96/MM3MaxA1/501st/030.jpg]

... the Endor Rebel Trooper costume are now relatively easy to make --parts and kits are now available that were not available years ago.

... there are at least 3 Denver area people working on Endor Troopers which should be completed by next year, adding to the theme. I'm hoping to have mine done in the next month.

... there is a very strong possibility that the biker scout helmet may be produced locally soon (and cheaper than the other options...) making that a far easier costume to do. And the full kit is available locally.

... Cal has also finished the AT-ST helmet kit, making the AT-ST driver a relatively inexpensive costume to complete:

[image=http://www.mg501.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10019/our_atst03sm.jpg]

[image=http://www.mg501.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10019/our_atst10sm.jpg]

[image=http://www.mg501.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10019/P1050225sm.jpg]

... I also think that a sandcrawler or desert skiff/ Tattooine theme would be great. There are so many tuskens here, and Jeff's kit really is the best (anywhere!!!), so a combined Tusken/jawa theme would be amazing.

16. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Skiff would be awsome... I would even help with that one...

17. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Having heard from those parents who have kids, it would be best to hold off on the ewok village for a later year when the kids would be more likely to be able to stand, wear a costume for an extended period of time, and get more enjoyment out of it. It's great that there are adults with biker scout costumes, but if the kids aren't participating in the kids-themed float, it would be better to wait until they're older.

I voted for the Falcon cause it's way cool. People would know what it is, there would be room for people to sit who can't march, and we can make it totally awesome.

18. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    I'm going with Falcon if it can be open. That'd be very cool

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Sounds like the people have spoken...and Millenium Falcon is the winner.

Shall we get started on some drawings/concepts for how to make the fastest ship in the galaxy a float? DH, are you still interested in doing some design work?

I'm happy to help in any way I can. I'm not sure how many cooks in this kitchen you'd like, but is there anybody else who is willing to volunteer too?

20. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    I have no spatial or design intelligence. But I price-compare materials, hunt down wood on Craigslist, bring lemonade and cookies to labor days. I'm a great administrative assistant.

21. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Not to diminish the "gung ho" nature to move ahead, but remember that DarthHair calls the shots on this one. His vote is really the one that counts and he hasn't sounded off. I don't even remember my vote, but i'm pretty sure it was for the Falcon.

22. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Just restarting the conversation and not letting this one die down too much.

23. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    I will try to get some sketching done before the meeting. So far i think the Ewok village would be more float like and the falcon would be a better static vehicle. To make a falcon usable for transporting people we would loose a bit of accuracy in design. I say at the meeting we look at all the pluses and minuses and go from there.

24. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Hmmm.........found this in my polls. Any news, thoughts?

25. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yes.

Someone in Canada did the Ewok idea this year, ZOO please post link. They did a great job & the RMFF never copies, always leads.

So we were thinking Hoth! Get Hoth Rebel Troopers, Snow Troopers, and the X-Wing dressed up in the same motif and go from there. Maybe a Wampa cave & arm (Luke hanging upside down?????) j/k Cannon Web, something cool with tons of areas for people to stand and some sitting area.

I know it's not on the pole, but lets talk about this at the meeting (even though I won't be there).