Parade Owasco NY Wed July 4th @ 2 pm

Discussion in 'Syracuse, NY' started by strawbary, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    the same promotor who invited us to the Cicero Parade has asked us to participate in the 4th of July parade in Owasco NY.
    I dont have specifics yet however as they come in I will post more details. If anyone is interested in marching please post here :)

I do know Garrison Excelsior is participating as well. I have no idea what characters will be there yet.
    the promotor is also looking for Harry Potter Costumes if possible. anyone have a Quidditch costume they want to bust out? ;)

This is the same promotor who back in 2005 did a charity event in Auburn we had to turn down due to the Halloween parade committment we had here in town. they plan on doing the same event this fall again, Im not sure if those dates will conflict again or not.
    Will post more later.

thanks guys!
  2. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Ok promotor is looking for help on this one - Any volunteers? its on a Wednesday and I believe its an early parade so we will have ample time to head back to the house anbd BBQ and jump in the pool if anyone is up for this!

Let me know so I can confirm numbers with her soon!
    We will need non costumed help for this one as well.

Thanks!
  3. JediXtine Jedi Master

star 1
    When I get my new work schedule I can let you know about this one, I have a Jedi and my daughter has a Leia costume, I just have to see what my work schedule looks like.
  4. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    great! would love to finally meet you and your daughter! :)
  5. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We have 2 definites and 2 maybes signed up so far, but they haven't confirmed costumes with me yet.
    I'll remind TX4277 & Wingnut about the Harry Potter request... [face_thinking]

~Doc_Bev
  6. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Vicky your preference, Imp Crewman or Jedi, Tie Tilot will most likely be too hot to wear in a parade in July for me. Let me know
  7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I think whatever most comfortable for you to wear ;)
    I am most likely going as Jedi myself... I am going to have someone else wear Vader this time LOL
  8. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Also want to update that this parade starts at 2 pm line up is at 1 pm.
    There is some type of festival there after the parade with a chicken BBQ.

Im not sure if we will stay after for the fest but definitely the parade. :)
  9. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    just up'ing this to see if anyone is interested on marching in this.

I am still unconfirmed if I will be attending.
    Anyone else?

I know Yoda will not be marching in this event.
  10. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    apparently this was cancelled due to the severe thunder storms. :(
  11. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    It was but not untill Darren, Nicky, , Mike, Daria & I were already there so we stayed for the BBQ. While there Daria & I committed to the Skaneateles (SP?) Parade on Labor day. the rest of that crew will be at Dragon Con. Will you be at that one?

12. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is anyone from SCJ thinking of doing the parade on Labor Day in Skaneateles?

~Doc_Bev
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.