main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Parade Party Planning Thread - UPDATE PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Ok, we have a change in the room. We have booked an ACTUAL HAll .......We will have Steamer Tables and a cold table filled with Ice to keep things cold. We do not have a Fridge or a Kitchen but the room is huge :)
    So- with that in mind.........

We only have 4 days left-

So far this is who I have down for bringing food:

Main Meal
    Strawbary- Potato Soup,Baked Ziti,Salt Potatoes, Green Koolaide,
    Matrix-Jedi-Shepards Pie, Potato and sausage soup

Sides

Padawan_Drogon - Veggie Tray
    SWFREAKJPB-Taco Dip
    Ancient_Guardian-Mountain Dew

Desserts
    Hothgirl - Green Shamrock shaped Rice krispie Treats
    Darth_Vishnu -Cookies
    karate-jedi- Cake

So far this is all we have for food. Keep in mind we are feeding possibly 30 - 40 people......so make alot ;)
    We still need paper products and decorations as well....

Entertainment:
    SW videos? Cant go wrong there.....board games?

Strawbary SW & LOTR trivial pursuit,Jedi epic duels, SW videos

I will update the list as needed.....

2. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    i have every lord of the rings board game exept for the chess one if you whant me to bring them?....and i could probily bring some food...i will have to check with my parents though...

Edit: Please see yahoo groups for details

3. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Yes I will be bringing a fondue.....Most yummy. I will also be bringing about 3 loaves of bread.

4. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Entertainment: I'll bring in a videotape of the DarthArjuna vs. Primrodo duel from the Grape and Wine festival.

Yum-yums I mean, Food: American Pixie Sticks. None of this plastic stuff- it's biodegradable paper packs all the way! *shoves a whole stick, paper outer part and all, into mouth*

5. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    pixie stix are great but we need actual food to serve them ;)

6. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    OK everyone.

I'ts now less than 2 weeks untill the parade. We need to know what you will be bringing. We don't want to let the side down.

7. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, but snacks are good too ;) I didn't mean it as an actual dish (though it'd be interesting to sprinkle a couple on a cake [or something] in an exploding Death Star pattern [or something]).

Or something...

8. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    ummm what about drinks?

i could get soda and stuff but i was thinking some....SARKILING GRAPE JUCE!!!! it not very irish but hey?

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I was going to bring like green koolaide ;) we could use Mountain dew thats green. sorta ;)
    If you bring drinks could you bring cups too?

10. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    MD? Eww, hehe. Koolade rox :D

11. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    yeah i could brings cups....ist ok if i use paper cups right? yeah i could get Mt. Dew, i think i could do koolade to but i have to check with my parents

12. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Please read the beginning of the thread it already states who is bringing what. I am bringing koolaide so dont worry about that...
    Paper cups are fine
    need 50

13. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    so is it ok if i call bringing the Mt dew...and i will be brining a dish as well. i gust have to think of some thing irish

14. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Is there a fridge in this room? I am thinking of bringing taco dip. I feel like eating eat and I need an excuse to make it. Its a cold dip with cream cheese and sour cream so it needs to stay cool for long periods of time. It should keep for the drive there I would think.

15. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    We can always stick the dip in a cooler with some ice. That'll help. ;)

16. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    "We have Mountain Dew and crab juice."

"Eew, give me the crab juice."

Not sure if I got that right, but hey...

(from The Simpsons)

17. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    I posted something a few days ago that doesn't seem to be here. I'll try again.

I will definitely be bringing something, but I don't know what and I'm not a cook. I would rather not ask my wife to make something for an event she won't even be at. Sooo....any suggestions?

18. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I still think green mac n cheese ;) LOL just kidding.

Lesse....hrmm...food.....could go with a health dish, you know, that has greens...celery and broccili and such.

I can't believe I just suggested health food >< Ah well. I like some health food ;)

19. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    WE have discussed this in the yahoo I believe........the problem we are having is that:

no we dont have access to a fridge and also everyone is meeting up several hours before the parade/party.
    I am offering to have everyone meet at my house before the parade and drop off your food there to be kept hot/cold till after the parade.

I will suggest that someone make a cake? We dont seem to have that on the menu yet....
    Also we need paper products if we can have one person bringing plates/napkins/plastic ware that would be great.
    The dollar store is a great way to pick up what you need. :)

20. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Padawan_Drogon, I just throught of what you could bring that doesn't require making (well, not that much anyways), and RW said it before I could type it: veggie tray w/ a nice ranch-type dip. You can even buy this if need be. How about bringing one or two of those? Enough to feed 25 or so. Also, if your clan would be so kind as to make a really big salad, that would be perfect. You'll be the savior of all the health nuts.

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB has stated he'll bring some taco-dip (still bringing this I hope?), so we need chips. Also, more chips and some dips would be good. Who's stepping up for this?

Ancient_Guardian, want to be our plates/cup/bowls/spoons/forks/knives go-to-guy? Forgo a dish (if you wish), and get us about 50 of each of what I've mentioned. Hit the dollar store for all it's worth.

Lastly, we need a cake. DA mentioned Pixie Stix, but that won't be enough sweets. strawbary and I are just about maxed out on stuff/money, so we need someone to take this one.

I'm bringing some shepard's pie and potato and sausage soup (I know, more soup, but if it's bad weather you'll all worship me).

-K

21. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Ewww, cake.....eww....ah well. I don't have to eat any cake ;)

22. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Yeah. Lots of tortilla chips for the dip, please. Saves me a little money. Thanks

23. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Cake is a good thing. Its that shepards pie I am not to sure of.

24. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    guys just remember this is not a social thread its for updating and information only. ;)
    Thanks

25. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    Matrix-jedi wrout:Ancient_Guardian, want to be our plates/cup/bowls/spoons/forks/knives go-to-guy? Forgo a dish (if you wish), and get us about 50 of each of what I've mentioned. Hit the dollar store for all it's worth.

ill do my best!(salut's matrix-jedi)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.