main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Paradise Lost: A short story about the Emperor's Retreat on Naboo.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Milteck, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milteck

Milteck Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Title: Paradise Lost

Summary: This is a short story that takes at the Emperor's Retreat on Naboo. I wrote this story as apart of writing competiton on the SWG website and thought would share it here. The location is not canon, its apart of the star wars swg universe. The Emperor's retreat in the game is where the Emperor vacations when not building Death Stars or institution chaos.

The word limit was 500 words or less.

Hope you enjoy.

Paradise Lost

?How can such a dire place be in the middle of such beauty??

?Be silent,? Horace ordered the young man.

Neither of them felt safe in this place. This was the Emperor?s vacation paradise and it was rumored he was there now. Waiting for them?

Argo ignored him and nervously continued to pace the guest room. ?The smell of death is everywhere.?

?In the trees.?

?In the grass.?

?Even the flowers smell of it.?

?It?s everywhere!?

Horace couldn?t take it anymore. He grabbed Argo by his tunic and forcefully pulled him toward him. ?Regain control of your senses! There?s an entire detachment of the Imperial Stormtroopers out there that would like nothing better than to shoot us. Meditate, focus, do whatever it is you Jedi do to calm yourselves.?

?We should get out of here,? Argo warned.

Horace didn?t reply.

?This is never going to work.? Argo then suggested, ?It?s not too late for us to join the Naboo Liberation Front, we might be able to get off planet and join the rebellion.?

Again Horace didn?t reply. He simply continued to pace the pace the room with his hand firmly gripping his DL-44 blaster. He was intent on going through with this and there was nothing the young man could say that would stop him.

?I suggest you take a seat.? Horace finally said to him.

?What?? Argo asked in disbelief.

?I said take a seat, Jedi!? Horace demanded, this time pulling his blaster to insinuate his point.
    Argo felt betrayed, taking a seat.

?Horace you really need to listen to me.?

?Be silent,? Horace ordered.

?You must listen to me! We need to get out of here before it?s??

?I said be silent!? Horace yelled, again bringing his blaster to bear on him. ?The bounty on Jedi?s is good, dead or alive.?

?But, I?m not a Jedi.? Argo reminded him. ?I?ve never been trained in how to use the Force.?

?You?re close enough boy.? Horace pulled up a chair and sat across from him to get comfortable as well. ?The bounty I?ll receive from the emperor for you will be enough to buy a new future for myself. Rebellion or not, I?ll be free.?

Argos shook his head in despair. ?I?m afraid neither of us will be leaving this room alive.?

?Try to use your Jedi mysticism on me and you?ll be dead boy.?

?We?re already dead.? Argos said, tears flowing down his eyes. ?Or we will be once the nerve toxins in the air finish their work and kill us.?

The shock on Horace?s face turned to horror, as he realized he?d been betrayed. He got up and began to beat on the door to be let out, but only managed to hit it three times before he began to gag; collapsing to his knees, and expiring.

Argos felt the first symptoms of the nerve toxin and cried out, ?All I wanted to do was make a difference.?

Death took him quickly.

There was very little pain.

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW

Deception and betrayal was everywhere - even at the Emperor's retreat.

I was quite impressed with how calmly Argos handled his death.

Very nice

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Kyana-Morgaine

Kyana-Morgaine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2004
    Great!!!!!!!!

@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.