main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Parallels between the Saga and ST: DS9

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Darth_Pazuzu, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2005
    NOTE TO THE MODS:
    I'm not necessarily 100% sure where a thread like this would belong, so feel free to move it elsewhere (the Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV/Movie thread maybe) if it doesn't belong here.

It just occurred to me that there are quite a few parallels between the Star Wars Saga and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
    For example, during the last several episodes of DS9, Dukat (Marc Alaimo) attempted to seduce Kai Winn (Louise Fletcher) to turn against the Prophets of the Celestial Temple (wormhole aliens in secular terms) and follow the path of the evil Pah-Wraiths. In retrospect, the way in which Winn's allegiances were swayed struck me as very similar to Palpatine's seduction of Anakin to the ways of the Sith!
    Also, who else out there thinks that the character of Damar (Casey Biggs) was somewhat similar to Lando Calrissian? When Damar turns against the Dominion, and helps to break Worf (Michael Dorn) and Ezri (Nicole deBoer) out of their cell, it reminds me very much of Lando turning against the Empire and trying to help Leia and Chewie free Han!
    In one case, we have a disillusioned character who turns from the path of the Light and makes a deal with the Devil. And in another case, we have a character who turns against the Devil and attempts to redeem himself. (When the Cardassians' relationship with the Dominion starts to deteriorate, you can practically hear Damar thinking, "This deal's getting worse all the time!")

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Moving to SFF: Films & TV.

:)

3. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Locked due to the fact that the author made a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.