main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Parallels Between World History and the Star Wars Saga***

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Lord_Fett, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Don't forget the Civil War.

2. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    The entire Naboo/Padme story in Episode 1 is almost exactly like the situation before World War 2 when the fascist Italian regime under Musolini (spelling?) invaded and assumed control of Ethiopia. At the time I believe Ethiopia was the only African country that had a chair at the League of Nations.

Anyway after the Fascists took control, Haile Selassie I, Ethiopia's king, went into exile in englnad I think. Anyway he addressed the League of Nations and pointed out that they had simply let his country be taken by the foreign force. The Italian Fascists also had representation in the League of Nations; which was part of their reasoning for doing nothing.

I'm not exactly sure what was said in Selassie's speech but he ended up getting some aid from the English (though I'm not sure if it was official aid) and in a bold move he went back to Ethiopia and took back his country; even fighting among the troops himself.

I find it interesting that the organisation was later reorganized into the United Nations. Whethor or not Ethiopia remianed in that organization is unknown to me. I for one wouldn't blame them if they resigned their seat. Selassie died in 1975, penniless and living in a hotel (as far as the story goes) and this event prior to World War 2 should have been a HUGE FLAG concerning the rise of fascism and nazism. I'm pretty sure atleast that much was in Selassie's speech.

Anyway, I doubt this little known conflict of heroism would ever make it to the big screen; so it's kind of nice that the concept of that struggle will survive forever in the Star Wars Tale.

3. MasterDevery

MasterDevery Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2005
    ok im not taking the time to read all the comments .. but the roman republic was a republic.. with senate and all..
    it was ruled by three people... Augustus Ceasar killed the other 2-...... a state of was

kinda but not alot like killing off the sepratists that held a psition in the goverment---

but the most part is that augustus made it into an Empire-

with applause.

and sidious did the same and said and their will be peace-- Pax Romana- Roman Peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.