main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Parallels in the CT/PT

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by _dArTh_SoLo, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    It's fascinating how the trilogies truly mirror eachother...

TPM and ROTJ both end in a celebration and a funeral.

In ESB, Luke leaves to help his friends...in AOTC, Anakin leaves to help his friend (Obi Wan) and save his mother.

Obi Wan's "Father" dies in his arms, Luke's father dies in his arms, and Anakin's mother dies in his arms.

Obi Wan feeling luke's forehead in ANH and Obi checking the guys pulse in the arena in AOTC.

The Bridge scene in ANH and the beggining of the factory scene in AOTC.

R2 saves everyone in both trilogies.

Every movie starts out in space with a pan up or pan down.

Anakin chooses to set out on his journey, while Luke is "pushed" out the door by events beyond his control.

Both Anakin and Luke have an emotional attachment to their parents, even though Luke never met his father....

While Anakin's "compassion" ultimately brought about his demise i.e. His compassion for you will be his undoing, it is Luke's compassion that ultimately saves Anakin.

In AOTC and ESB, Anakin and Luke were both immature and whiny...but they were great warriors. In ROTJ and Episode III (speculating; no spoilers), both will not only look more mature but might act it.

The scene in the kitchen in both AOTC and ANH mirror eachother to the point where the same words are spoken by the people in the chairs...only way i can explain it.

Anakin gets his arm chopped off in AOTC, Luke gets his hand cut off in TESB.

When Obi Wan walks out of the Kamino city, wrapped up in his robes, it always reminds me of when we see him in ANH wrapped up in his robes...amazing.

Anakin meditating outside mirrors Vader standing looking out into space on the Star Destroyer bridge.

Palpatine walking with Anakin mirrors Vader walking with Palpy in ROTJ when he first arrives.

In the PT, Palpatine/Sidious is first introduced as a hologram....in the OT Palpatine is first introduced as a hologram.

"He is carrying a message for an Obi Wan Kenobi, a resident of these parts"-3p0, ANH "He is carrying a message from an Obi Wan Kenobi-Master Ani, does that name mean anything to you?" 3P0, AOTC

Dooku tempting Obi Wan, Vader tempting Luke.

The master/Father figure dies in ANH and TPM.

That's all I can think of right now...there's a ton more though.

2. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    Thanks for the new info.

3. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    Isn't this the whole point of the Saga forum.

4. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    sorry is this not allowed here? it hasn't been closed....

another one:

Anakin blows up the Federation ship, Luke blows up the death star.

5. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    While Anakin's "compassion" ultimately brought about his demise i.e. His compassion for you will be his undoing, it is Luke's compassion that ultimately saves Anakin.

Beautiful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.