main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Parallels to the war in Iraq

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by FlareStorm, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    It's so obvious. This movie is supposed to have rebel insurgents, WMDs, and...sand people?

C'mon Lucas. If I want an anti-Bush propaganda movie I will watch Michael Moore.

2. Kebis

Kebis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    There can't be any sand people in this one, Anakin kiiled them all in AOTC! Not Just the men, but the women and the children, so there's no way they could come back.

3. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Kebis is right. The Sand People are dead. But maybe your talking about the Jawas?

4. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I doubt we'll be seeing any more Tattooine in this trilogy, but expect to see LOTS of Coruscant and Naboo, and at least one more Kamino scene (when Boba returns to take his father's place as the Empire's Clone template). As for the Bush parallels, the movie is supposed to take the side of a bunch of rebellious insurgents, who strike out at the occupying establishment by trying to suicide bomb a huge military base.

5. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Well, I guess in that sense it is not so much about Irak, as it is a parallel about freedom and fear of overly strong governements, just like, for example, V for Vendetta. I mean, come on, being against the Iraki war is one thing, but to side with Al-Queda??? No way (after all, GL is in it for the money , I don't think he will make much buck in the USA or EU if he really does side with those terrorists like that)

6. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    i heard the rebel insurgents mass murder dozen of innocent imperial personnel byu attacking their space station(sopmething like Pearl Harbor). But they're supposed to be the good guys? is Lucas trying to say something with this.

7. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    No no, Corellia getting blown up by the Republic is Pearl Harbour, The attack on the space station WMD is Hiroshima.

So Lucas is pro-nuclear eh? [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.