main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Paranormal thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DANNASUK, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    I love ghost stories and hope that ghosts exist, though I've never seen one. Heard lots of crazy things, but none as good as some of the ones told here. My friend lived in a "haunted" house once and it was just constant unexplained noises in the night. Heavy balls rolling down hallways, plates shattering, laughter, etc. Not so much creepy as just annoying. And once, on Halloween, when I was all alone in my house--the coffee pot turned itself on. Oooooohhhhh....

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Remember, in my mid teens, doing an oujia board at a friends house. That was creepy as poo :/

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Not really paranormal, but momentarily concerning; I was walking home under street lamps one night, and unexpectedly, some unexplained reason, my shadow cast by this one street lamp was MASSIVE! And as I turned to see if there was a dinosaur behind me, I remember reasoning, there is no way a dinosaur is right behind me, but I'm not going to stake my life on that fact!

I have long had, what I refer to as security protocols, and one of mine is not to mess with that ****.

I don't know why, but one of my beliefs is that the dead will know when I am looking at their graves, and may want to come along to enquire as to why. One of my scariest nights, likely more to do with that fear of the paranormal, rather than anything actually paranormal, was caused by one of my best friends.

I used to run a Star Wars club, and many of its members became good friends, and one, suffered an incident that left him blind. So a major thing for him was to keep in contact with people through rambling letters, as he was unable to benefit from the internet, email, etc., when those innovations came along.

I get an envelope off him one day, and since my day was very busy, it is night-time before I remember its existence, and I take it to bed with me; so in bed, bedside table lamp, I open this thing for a good read, and I find that he has sent me a photo. Over his Mum's protests and advice that this may not be a wise idea, he has persuaded her to take a photograph of this thing they found, and send it to me, "because I-5 (not my real name) will appreciate it".

Walking through a local graveyard, they had come across the tombstone for a nine-year old kid, carved and designed with superheroes.

This, in my hand, while I'm in bed, with that particular belief of mine, was like getting passed the Black Spot from a latter day pirate. Some kind of weaponised thing right inside my defences.

I tried to rationalise what he had done, but I only made it worse; that with a whole cinematic industry around horror, that someone could be some blithely unaware that people can be fearful of this stuff, and you send them a picture of it because you think they will like it.

I had to tell him, "We are no longer friends. You can still communicate with me, telephone, whatever; but you will never send me anything through the post again. I can no longer take that risk."