Parasite (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ibis, Mar 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi again. Thanks for all the feedback. I really like reading what you think.

It had been twenty-four hours since Maul had left, and the creature was not happy. The Jedi had all gotten some sleep and were now wide-awake again, and even Obi-Wan had awakened. He looked much better than he had, yet still not as good as he should. If the Sith wanted to keep the Jedi alive for their plans, they would need food and water. None of which the creature could provide. The creature itself needed food. It could only go a week without feeding, one of it?s only weaknesses; it had been six days since it had fed.

The creature could live off of a huge variety of substances, but it would have to leave the Jedi unattended, which it wasn?t stupid enough to do. Not to mention there were several other factors to consider. The creature began counting minutes. It had already noticed it?s hands beginning to shake slightly. It drew them within it?s cloak so the Jedi would not notice. The creature began pacing. Soon it wouldn?t have a choice of leaving the Jedi alone.

A few hours later, the door opened and Maul entered. The creature was in front of him in a second. ?Where have you been?? it demanded. The Sith just looked at the creature. It only took him a few seconds to realize why the creature was so angry.

?You need to feed.? Maul said.

?No, I?m on narcotics! Do you have the stimulant that will counter the effects of the gas you used in this place.?? the creature asked, the usual patience and calm had faded from it?s voice.

?Yes.? Maul replied.

?Good, go bring me one of the Jedi in the halls. Now!? the creature ordered.

?I do not take orders from you.? Maul said, taking advantage of the creature?s weakened state. The creature gave him an icy stare.

?Very well.? it said. ?You?ll work just fine.? It?s hand grabbed Maul?s wrist. Maul tried to pull away, but despite the creature?s weakened state, it was still stronger than him.

?Do you have a preference?? he asked.

?A human in their early twenties.? it said, releasing him. Maul left without another word. A few minutes later, he brought in a man slung over his shoulder. Maul dropped the man at the creature?s feet. Obi-Wan recognized the man to be Tar Lan, a fellow Padawan his own age. They had shared several classes throughout their initiate days. He was extremely charismatic and willing to please, although they had never been close, Obi-Wan considered him a friend.. He didn?t know what the creature wanted with Tar, but he knew it wasn?t good.

?Wake him up.? the creature ordered. Maul pulled out a syringe. He injected it into Tar?s neck. After a few moments, Tar began to wake up. He managed to get to his knees. He looked around the room with a dazed look on his face. He slowly looked over towards the cell where the Council members were being held. Upon seeing them the dazed look left his eyes and instinct took over.

He jumped to his feet, lightsaber ignited and faced the Sith and creature. ?What?s going on?? he demanded. Maul leapt over the young apprentice?s head, kicking away the man?s lightsaber as he did. Once behind him, Lord Maul grabbed both of his arms and held them behind the Jedi. Tar fought against him, but his arms were pinned.

The creature pulled off one of it?s gloves as it approached the Jedi. It gently reached forward and with a finger traced a line down the side of his face. It then held it?s hand to Tar?s face.

From within the cell, the Jedi watched everything in silence. Obi-Wan stood at his Master?s side. No one knew what to expect. ?Master,? Obi-Wan said quietly. Qui-Gon looked away from the scene and down at his apprentice, but Obi-Wan?s wasn?t looking back at him. His eyes were focused on the creature. ?Her hair...? he said softly. Qui-Gon looked back at the thing?s hair. It was changing, starting at the tips. The black color seemed to be receding, revealing a reddish color beneath. The Jedi watched as the black in the creature?s ha
  2. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
  3. JediCandy Jedi Master

star 3
    Parasite, indeed...great storyline, please keep up to good work. :) ;) :)
  4. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi everyone! Sorry for not posting yesterday, I was really busy. The next time I can post will be between today and tomorrow, but I promise I'll post the next part before Saturday. :)
  5. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here it is. Sorry about any typo's.

She opened her eyes and in one movement got to her feet. She had the same grace as when her hair was black, but now Obi-Wan realized, her eyes were no longer black, they were green. In one surveying glance she seemed to assess her surroundings. Her shoulders then slumped and her gaze fell to the floor. She held her hands palm up in front of her. Slowly, one by one, she flexed each finger, as though she were savoring it.

Ki-Adi-Mundi stepped forward to confront whatever it was the creature had become. ?How does it feel to be locked up, Parasite?? he asked.

The woman slowly took her eyes off the floor and looked in his direction. She looked directly at him. Before, her stare would have frozen the Jedi Knight in place, but now it seemed as though her mannerism had completely changed. ?Please don?t call me that.? she said in a soft voice, the deeper one seemed to have vanished.

?Did you not tell us to call you that?? Ki-Adi-Mundi asked.

?That wasn?t me.? she said, with a tone of sadness in her voice, as she looked away.

?Really? It looked like you.? Ki-Adi-Mundi continued. He wasn?t going to fall for anymore tricks.

She looked at him, her face betraying no emotion. ?Did it? Well then let me ask you something. Is my hair black? Does my voice make your skin crawl? Do my eyes look empty?? She looked away, her eyes distant. ?No, that was not me...I exist for only a few precious hours every seven days. The rest of the time I?m in Hell, watching the world but unable to touch it.?

This time Obi-Wan spoke. ?Perhaps we would have a better understanding of you if you explained to us what is happening.?

She turned her gaze to him. There was something in her eyes that Obi-Wan couldn?t put a finger on, but was directed towards him. ?I will tell you all I know on one condition.?

?What?? Qui-Gon asked.

?He,? she said, indicating Obi-Wan, ?has to touch the laser wall with his wounded hand.?

?No.? Qui-Gon said giving her a stern look. Anyone else would have folded under the great Master?s stare, but this girl merely looked back at him as though she didn?t really care.

?Very well.? she said quietly and turned away. ?You?ll get no help from me.?

Obi-Wan turned to his Master. <Master,> he said through their bond.

<No, Obi-Wan. Your hand is healing nicely. I won?t have you hurting it again, and that?s final. Besides, anyone who would require someone to wound themselves for information isn?t as innocent as they make themselves out to be.>

Why would she care if my hand was hurt or not, Obi-Wan thought, Parasite, who doesn?t seem to be this girl, is the only one who... ?That?s it.? Obi-Wan said aloud. All eyes looked at him. ?Master do you remember what Parasite said when it healed my side??

?Not with clarity.? Qui-Gon answered.

?It said it had plans for him once his hand healed.? the girl said, her back turned to them. She continued, not really caring whether or not they listened. ?As soon as your hand heals, you?ll suffer the same fate as your blond friend.?

?That?s why you want me to injure myself.? Obi-Wan said.

?Pretty much.? she said calmly.

Obi-Wan thought in silence for a moment, debating on what he should do. They needed information about their enemy now, but was it worth having third-degree burns on his hand? ?Do you swear that you will tell us everything??

?Yes. I swear on my soul... or at least what?s left of it.? she said, turning.

Obi-Wan walked up to the laser wall. For a moment it looked as though Qui-Gon was going to stop him, but his Master seemed to understand that Obi-Wan felt he needed to do this, so the Master let his apprentice go. Obi-Wan with some difficulty due to the electro-binders, unwrapped the bandages on his right hand. He held his hand an inch away from the wall, then bracing himself for the pain, quickly touched the his palm to it and pulled it back. Obi-
  6. Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Master

star 3
    I luv this! The creature is so freaky. I wonder how they're going to get out of this one. I can't wait for the next post! :D
  7. Eryce Jedi Knight

star 2
    *Ouch* Poor Obi...
  8. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    oh dear.... up please post again soon and long is good and why does it want obi and.... aaaaaaaaaaaaah! Please post again
  9. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Very intriguing!!!!

Great descriptions with Parasite 'feeding' and you're absolutely sithly to stop where you did! :)

As to what I think...I think I need more!!!
  10. Jessica Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hurry up and post! I wanna find out what this parasite thingie is! I feel sorry for Tar, poor guy! And of course, "Poor Obi!"
    POOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!
  11. Jessica Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hurry up and post! I wanna find out what this parasite thingie is! I feel sorry for Tar, poor guy! And of course, "Poor Obi!"
    POOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!:):)
  12. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the replies. Here's another long one.

?The thing you call Parasite is exactly what it?s called, a parasite. It isn?t a person. In it?s true form it looks like a puddle of black ink. In that state it?s pretty much harmless, but if it touches you, that?s a different story. It enters the body through any way it can: mouth, nose, and ears. It than has the capability of taking control of that person, while it lives off their life energy. However, within twenty-four hours that energy becomes so weak it can?t sustain Parasite any longer, and it leaves. When it leaves, the person usually dies because he or she no longer has the energy to survive. Parasite usually has another victim right there to enter, and the cycle starts all over again.

?Parasite isn?t new at this either. From what I know, it doesn?t age, and it?s over six billion years old, as old as time. It has one purpose, to eliminate all life in the universe. It did it slowly at first, one person at a time. Then it found a weapon... me. For some reason it couldn?t feed off of me. In fact I was quite opposite, I took energy from it. As a result I don?t need to eat or drink, but every seven days, it needed to leave me to stock up on energy. Once it figured me out, it stopped switching bodies every day and just stayed with me. It called me the perfect host. The fact that I was Force-sensitive was an extra plus. It trained my body to be the perfect killing machine. Once I was everything it wanted me to be, it started killing people by the masses, using my body to murder twenty people a night. Then it moved on to more efficient methods, it discovered that wars were an effective way to kill people.

?That?s probably why it hated the Jedi so much. You help people stop and prevent wars. In the beginning, your kind were just a small annoyance, but now you?ve gotten to be too much of a problem. So when the Sith approached Parasite, it had no trouble working with them, although, it wasn?t happy when they didn?t want to kill you off in the beginning. My guess about it is that they want to make you suffer before they kill you. That?s all I know.?

The Jedi sat and digested the information for a moment. The girl had told them all this as though she had it all memorized. It was strange how nonchalant she was about it, as though she didn?t care about it or anything else.

Obi-Wan was the first to speak. ?What happens to you when Parasite takes your body??

?I?m fully aware of everything that is happening, only I can?t do anything about it. I can?t even move my eyes.? she said passively.

Obi-Wan looked at her for a moment. It wasn?t possible that this girl cared about nothing. ?What?s your name??

?My name?? she said somewhat startled. ?I don?t remember.? she said, quickly regaining her indifferent composure.

?You don?t remember?? he said studying her. ?Don?t you think that?s a little odd??

Something Obi-Wan had said must have struck a nerve in the young woman, for she immediately went on the defensive. ?Odd? The half-naked Jedi is asking me what?s odd??

Qui-Gon saw Obi-Wan?s cheeks turn red. ?Well,? the Jedi Master started. ?If you don?t remember your name, perhaps you should tell us what we can call you. We cant go around calling you girl, and to be honest, I don?t think you forgot your name, you just don?t wish to remember it.?

The girl looked at him, then at the floor. She muttered something unintelligible.

?What did you say?? Qui-Gon prompted.

?My name is Vatonni.? she said quietly.

?How old were you when Parasite found you?? Obi-Wan asked.

She was silent for a few seconds. ?It doesn?t matter.? she said standing and turning her back to them, but not before Obi-Wan saw the tear running down her cheek.

?I?m sorry.? he apologized. ?I didn?t mean to upset you.?

?You can?t upset me. I?ve been through so much, nothing can touch me.? she said, but the uncaring sound in her voice was gone, replaced by the original
  13. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    munch munch ... crunch crunch... post all consumed... want more please!
  14. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Vatonni, poor girl.

To live, hardly a life, like that for so long. :(

I hope the Jedi can come up with a plan to somehow kill Parasite and not harm Vatonni!

Very cool Ibis. :cool:
  15. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry I haven't been posting. One of my teachers has been piling on the homework. I'll try to post more often.

Just then the door opened and what used to be Tar Lan entered. In the little time he had been out of the room, Tar?s body had radically changed: it looked thinner and weaker. It?s face was drawn and dark circles formed under it?s eyes.

It scanned the room, looking for Darth Maul, finding it empty, a veil of anger spread across it?s face then dissipated. It looked over towards the Jedi. Reaching out with a hand, it tried to open a hole in the laser wall, but nothing happened.

?Stupid weakling body!? Parasite spat, a string of curse words following it. Walking over to the control of the laser wall, Parasite created a gap between the laser and metal wall of the Jedi?s cell. It threw in some energy and food capsules and readjusted the laser back into place. It went to turn but stopped when it saw Obi-Wan, or more specifically his hand.

?What happened?? it demanded in it?s two-toned voice. Obi-Wan gave no response and just stared back at what used to be his friend. Parasite looked over to Vatonni and shook it?s head. ?I thought you new better than that.? it said almost disappointed. ?You can?t save him anymore than you can save yourself. You?ve only prolonged his life by a week, maybe two.? Vatonni just stared at it, her face showing no emotion.

A few moments later Maul walked in, sweat covering his body. He seemed surprised to see Parasite. ?Have a good workout?? it asked him. ?How dare you leave the Jedi unattended!?

Maul looked at the cell containing the Jedi. ?Their wrists are bound and there is no air vent in the cell. How could they escape??

?Never underestimate the Jedi. Hasn?t your Master ever told you that?? it hissed.

?Of course, I know all about the Jedi, they cannot get out of that cell.? Maul replied calmly. He knew that it it?s current state the creature could not hurt him and wouldn?t even try. It narrowed it?s eyes at him.

?Obviously, you do not know enough.? Parasite walked past him towards the door. ?I will be back in one hour. You?d better be here.? it said as it left.

With the presence of Lord Maul, all conversation in the room ceased and the captives along with Vatonni were forced to be content with sitting and waiting for Parasite?s return. Vatonni did her best to enjoy her freedom, if one could call it that. She knew it would be a while before she would have it again. Silently she counted off the minutes, and it wasn?t long before an hour had passed.

When Parasite reentered the room, the body it had taken over had again changed. The clothing hung off Tar?s gaunt form. His skin was a grayish corpse color and had begun to separate from the muscle, peeling off in places and revealing the dried muscle beneath. Obi-Wan no longer recognized his friend, and one of the female Masters gasped at his appearance.

The corpse made it?s way to the laser control, opening the cell containing Vatonni. Parasite approached the girl who didn?t bother to get up from her sitting position. She didn?t move, she knew better. She?d struggled before, she?d kicked and screamed and tried to get away, but the result was always the same, Parasite always won. She knew she could get past it now in it?s current condition, it wouldn?t be difficult. Getting past the Sith Lord was another story. Even if she managed to get away from him, it wouldn?t matter. She had no place to go, no money, not to mention the food problem.

Her body had since it was eight, fed off of Parasite. Food had never been an issue. That was what had surprised her the first and only time she had ever escaped. She couldn?t go very long without food and not feel the effects. That incident had also been the only time Parasite had underestimated her. It hadn?t expected a thirteen-year-old girl to be so strong, and she?d had an extra day of true freedom before it caught up with her, but that would not happen again, Parasite made sure o
  16. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
  17. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Vantonni, execpt for Maul you could've made an escape. The Jedi would have helped you.

I felt so bad for the girl as she simply sat there enduring Parasite's takeover of her body once again.

I hope one of those Council Members comes up with an idea.

Great post Ibis!
  18. Jessica Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow! awsome post ibis! this story is freaking me out, I have a very vivid imagination and the picture of parasite with her read hair turning black and her teeth elongating....*shiver* scary stuff. please hurry and post, I'm going insane!:)
  19. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi everyone. I know I haven't posted lately, sorry. I had a paper due in my English class and it took me forever, but I'm finished with it! :) I have a new post up sometime before Tuesday. Maybe even tonight. Well got to go. Thanks for being patient.
  20. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    OK I'm finished the next part. Hope you like it. :)

<Master,> Obi-Wan called through the Force and making it so the others could hear as well. <Tar is alive!> Qui-Gon and the other Masters turned from their Force conversation and centered their gaze at the fallen apprentice. At first it appeared that Obi-Wan had been wrong, but as Qui-Gon felt around the man, he found a very weak Force-signature coming from him.

<He?s right.> Qui-Gon informed the other Masters. <Tar is alive, but just barely. He might survive if we can keep our captors from noticing him.> The Jedi snuck a look at their captors. At the moment, the two were conversing.

As Qui-Gon looked at Parasite, he couldn?t help but think of the poor girl the creature kept locked away in her own mind. Qui-Gon could not imagine enduring such treatment for so long. When they escaped, he firmly intended to help her, even if Obi-Wan thought it was a bad idea. No one deserved the treatment she got. Parasite turned to leave and as if on queue Tar let out a muffled moan. He was becoming conscious again.

<Stay still Tar.> Obi-Wan sent through the Force to his friend, hoping Parasite and the Sith hadn?t heard him. But it was too late, Parasite was already advancing toward him. Tar made an attempt to get up, but Parasite put its boot on the back of his head and pressed him back down.

?I thought your leaving was supposed to kill him.? Maul said walking up behind Parasite.

?It was.? Parasite said. ?These Jedi are more resilient then I first thought. They manage to survive on a Life-Force level that won?t sustain me. Instead of dying they?re left as scrawny corpses.?

?What are you going to do with him?? Maul asked, with a sinister twinkle in his eye.

?Put him out of his misery.? it said raising it?s boot. It paused for a moment and looked to see the reaction it was getting from the Jedi. All of them looked back with stoic expressions, all except the young Jedi apprentice, who couldn?t seem to hide the sadness in his eyes.

?So much for Jedi compassion. They don?t even plead for his life.? Maul remarked at their silence, but little did he know that someone was pleading for the man?s life. Someone only Parasite could hear, its ?conscience.?

<Don?t kill him Parasite... please.> Vatonni said to Parasite from within her own mind.

<Why?> Parasite demanded. As always Vatonni heard the lower evil voice.

<Because if he survived, you could use him again later once he recovers.> she said undeterred by Parasite?s intimidating voice.

<He wasn?t even that filling.> Parasite replied.

<But think of the pain and mental anguish you?d be causing the young Jedi apprentice by having to watch the suffering of his friend. If you?d used my head once in a while you?d see that, Master.>

<Why do you call me that?>

<What?>

<Master.> Parasite replied.

<Why do you care?> Vatonni snapped.

<No real reason, its just that you?re the only person to ever call me that.>

<You know just standing here with our foot in the air is going to make the others think we?re weird.> she pointed out. <Maybe you should spare him for a while, so we can talk.>

<Hmm. How about ... NO!>

From the Jedi?s viewpoint, Parasite paused, foot still poised over Tar?s head. Suddenly it?s foot came down, hard. Obi-Wan turned away, but it didn?t help. The sound of bone crushing seemed to echo through the room. That was the end of Tar.

Parasite started dragging the body by one foot out of the room. ?What are you doing?? Maul asked.
    ?Taking out the trash.? Parasite exited the room, body in tow. There was a trail of blood and what Maul thought must have been brain tissue following the path that Parasite had taken. A few minutes later, it returned alone. ?Go train, I will watch them.? it said. Lord Maul regarded Parasite for a moment before leaving. Parasite shifted it?s gaze toward the Jedi.

They were all sitting in
  21. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
  22. Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Master

star 3
    Aww! Poor Tar! Vatonni called the Parasite 'Master'? Freaky! Keep this coming, Ibis!
  23. Cate Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, I just finished reading this, it's really good!
    Continue as soon as possible.
  24. Jessica Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Vatonni's pretty clever. Why did she call Parasite "Master" [face_plain]:confused: Yes, very creepy indeed.
  25. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi everyone. I typed this kind of fast so please excuse the mistakes.

If Tar?s death had done anything to the Jedi, it was only to heighten their determination to escape. As Parasite was getting rid of Tar?s body, they had formed a circle and were now trying to come up with a plan. Even Obi-Wan contributed ideas to the group. <The problem is only getting a lightsaber.> Qui-Gon said. <Once we attain one we will be able to free ourselves of these electro-binders.>

<Yes, but a lightsaber would not be able to penetrate the laser wall.> Adi Gallia pointed out.

<True,> Obi-Wan said, <but it would be able to go through the metal wall or floor.>

<But once we are free, where would we go from there?> Mace Windu asked.

<We could revive the other Jedi, then move against the Sith.> Ki-Adi-Mundi put forward.

<Time that would take, have it we would not. The antidote for the gas we do not have. Know even what kind of gas was used we do not.> Master Yoda said.

<So even if we did escape and defeat the Sith, we don?t know what kind of gas was used, and without that knowledge we won?t be able to find an antidote for those affected.> Master Windu said.

<Vatonni would know.> Qui-Gon said. His suggestion was met by thirteen stares.

<Why would she help us?> Ki-Adi-Mundi asked.

<She hates Parasite. It is her slave driver. Why would she not jump at the chance to earn her freedom.> Qui-Gon said.

<But we still do not know whether we can trust her. All that she told us could have been a lie.> Adi Gallia said.

<You?re saying that what just happened to Tar was faked?> Obi-Wan asked skeptically. <It looked incredibly real to me.>

<<Remember who you?re talking to, Padawan.>> Qui-Gon warned his apprentice privately.

<<Yes, Master.>> Obi-Wan sent back over their bond.

<Even if she were telling the truth and willing to help us, we would have to wait for days until we could talk to her.> Mace Windu said.

<By that time, Obi-Wan?s hand may be healed.> Qui-Gon added somewhat downcast.

<Not to mention, we still don?t know how to get a lightsaber.> Obi-Wan said.
    ------------

Parasite watched the conversation, not bothering to listen in on it. <Are you just going to ignore me forever Vatonni?> it asked, but received no response from that part of the girl?s mind. <What?s wrong?> it asked, not really expecting an answer.

<You killed him.> was the only reply.

<You refer to Tar Lan when you say ?him,? correct?> Parasite asked.

<Who else would I be talking about?> she spat back from the darkness.

<Hmm... perhaps one of the others among the thousands we?ve killed?>

<We?>

<I couldn?t have done it without you, girl.>

<Don?t call me girl.> Vatonni said.

<Why not? You?re only nineteen.>

<I?m older than that.>

<No you?re not.>

<I look older.>

<Yes, I?ve noticed that. You?ve looked to be in your twenties when you were only sixteen and haven?t aged since.> Parasite said.

<Really?>

<Yes. If I had any use for a mirror, you would have noticed too. I find it quite interesting and useful to me.>

<How nice.> Vatonni retorted.

<You know, I have been so nice to you lately, and you haven?t been very appreciative.>

<What have you done for me, other than making me the most miserable person on this planet.> Vatonni said angrily.

<I let you talk to the Jedi, didn?t I?>

<And what help did that do for me?> she asked.

<Well, I heard that humans who have no contact with other beings tend to deteriorate mentally. In other words I didn?t want you to go crazy.> Parasite said.

<Yes, how kind of you. Put me in a cell next to complete strangers who think I?m the same person as you.>

<They won?t be strangers for long, well, at least the apprentice won?t.>

<What are you talking about?> she asked suspiciously.

<I?m
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.