Parasite (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ibis, Mar 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_dawn2dusk Jedi Master

star 1
    This story is incredible! I espescially love the idea that maybe Obi could serve the same as the girl. Please keep writing!
  2. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    What a dilemma for poor Vatonni. Does she help Parasite to enslave Obi-Wan or live forever as she has???

Fabulous post Ibis. Now we need more!!! :)
  3. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi everyone. My next post will be up tomorrow. I might have to spilt it into two posts because its extremely long. See ya then. :)
  4. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's the next part. :)

Obi-Wan was slowly drifting into sleep. It had been a long day between meeting Vatonni, seeing Tar die, and coming up with a plan to escape, a plan that still was unfinished. On the verge of sleep Obi-Wan wondered exactly how long they had been stuck in the cell. He would have guessed a week maybe two, but it hadn?t been even close to that long. There were no windows in the room, so the Jedi only had their internal clocks to tell them how much time had passed. They had been trapped here for no more than three days, yet those days seemed like forever. Slowly he felt sleep take him.

Suddenly he was no longer captive in the room at the Temple. He was in the gardens, walking aimlessly and enjoying the feel of life around him. He looked forward to see a person, back towards him, throwing rocks into one of the fountains. He approached the person. ?Hello.? he greeted.

The person turned around and Obi-Wan recognized her as Vatonni. She looked him up and down. ?What are you doing here??

?This is the Jedi Temple. I think I have more of a reason of being here than you.? Obi-Wan said, surprised at Vatonni?s hostility.

?This isn?t the Jedi Temple.? Vatonni almost adding ?stupid? at the end of her statement.

To Obi-Wan it was obvious that Vatonni didn?t want him around. ?Then where is it??

?Look.? she said pointing at the fountain. Obi-Wan walked forward and gazed at the waters, then suddenly gasped at what he saw. In the fountain he could see the cell in the room where they had been held. He could see most of the council members sleeping on the floor, including his Master. And sleeping near Qui-Gon was himself.

?Where are we?? he asked as he backed away from the fountain and looked around the gardens. Suddenly they didn?t look so familiar anymore. The air seemed thicker and the hologram above them, which should have projected a sunny sky with a few white clouds here and there, looked dark and foreboding. In fact there was an air of darkness and death around the place. ?Where are we?? he repeated.

I'll try to post again today or tommorrow.
  5. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Very creepy story -- that Parasite is a nasty piece of work, the way he's tempting Vantonni to become his willing servent.

6. HannahBates Jedi Knight

star 1
    This story sends shivers down my spine. The parasite, the tortured life of Vatonni, and his plans for Obi all freak me out. Very creative and very well done.
    Currently, I'm worried about where Obi is. Does the Parasite have him already?

I can't wait for the Parasite to make his move towards Obi. I bet Qui will have something to say about that.

Post soon? Pretty please?

Hannah

7. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's the next part. :)

Vatonni didn?t answer him; she merely stared into the waters of the fountain, throwing in a pebble every few moments. ?Vatonni?? Obi-Wan asked, unsure about what he should do next.

?I wish I knew how you got in here, you?re not even real.? she said.

?What are you talking about?? Obi-Wan asked. He could feel the alarm he was trying to suppress getting the better of him.

Vatonni looked up at him surprised, then back down at the waters. ?Say that again.? she said, eyes glued to the fountain.

?What are you talking about?? he repeated.

?By the Gods.? she said, looking back up at him. ?You really are here.? All the annoyance and irritation had dissipated from her voice.

?Of course I?m here. Where else would I be?? Obi-Wan said. He was slightly calmer no that Vatonni wasn?t trying to ignore him anymore.

?In your own dream, I would think.? she answered.

?What??

?Listen and I?ll explain.? She paused a moment trying to think of how she could explain everything to him, when even she didn?t understand what was happening. ?I?m sleeping right now, but Parasite is still awake and using my body. Since I?m dreaming, my mind has made a body and a dream world from my memories.? she said, motioning around her and hoping he would actually believe it. ?But even as I sleep I?m still aware of what Parasite is doing and my subconscious incorporates that into my dream through the fountain. Or at least I think that?s how it works. Understand??

Obi-Wan just stared at her a moment. ?So I?m in your dream??

?Yes.?

?How??

?I don?t know. At first I thought you were just a part of my dream, but you?re not.? Vatonni said.

?How can you tell?? Obi-Wan asked, not totally believing everything.

?When you asked me what I was talking about, I was looking into the water and you said the same thing out there.?

?I don?t talk in my sleep.? Obi-Wan said.

?Yes you do. How did you get in here anyway??

?I don?t know, this hasn?t exactly happened to me before. But as long as I?m here, do you know what gas was used to knock out the other Jedi?? he asked.

?Yes, I think so. Why? It won?t do you much good if you never get out of that cell.? Vatonni said.

?We plan to-? Obi-Wan started.

?Shh!? Vatonni said, putting her hand over his mouth. ?If you have a plan, don?t say it here. Parasite sometimes looks in on my dreams.?

?Sorry.? Obi-Wan said once Vatonni removed her hand.

?Parasite was wrong. You can?t be as strong as it says you are if you don?t even have the sense to shut your mouth when you?re about to ruin a plan.?

?You can actually talk to Parasite??

?Yeah. He does control my body you know.? she replied.

?Oh. What did Parasite say about me??

?That you will be one of the greatest Jedi in history.?

?How would he know that??

Vatonni paused for a moment, she honestly didn?t know. Unless it was because of the aura around him. She debated on whether or not she should tell him about that. If she did, she?d have to tell him what Parasite was really planning on doing to him. No she wouldn?t give him that to worry about, after all she had no proof that the aura had anything to do with it. ?I don?t know. How long are you going to be here anyway??

?Until I wake up, I suppose. Why? I?d think you?d want some company.? Obi-Wan said.

?Now is not a good time.?

?Why??

?Noting really, I?m just starting to doubt that... that I?m the person I thought I was.? she said turning away.

?What do you mean?? Obi-Wan asked.

?What do you see as evil... I mean does distancing yourself from other make you evil?? Vatonni asked.

"What makes you think that?"

?I can?t believe I?m asking a complete stranger about my own problems.?

?First, I?m not a ?complete? stranger, and second, who else are you going to talk to?? he asked lookin
  8. Jessica Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    What a hard decision for Vatonni! poor girl. and poor Obi-Wan, I hope he isn't doomed to a similar fate.
  9. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
  10. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello everyone. Yes I know I haven't posted in almost a week. Sorry, RL has been very annoying lately. I'll have a post up by tomorrow perhaps sooner. Thanks!
  11. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here it is, another post finally. Sorry about making yopu wait so long. Enjoy.

Obi-Wan studied the creature before him. Vatonni was like no one he had ever met, but if someone asked him why this was, he wouldn?t be able to answer. Of course there were the obvious physical differences. When he looked at the physical characteristics of her body, or at least her dream?s representation of it, he could see the normal female curves, but he could also see the well packed muscles that even most female Jedi lacked. Of course most female Jedi didn?t wear skin-tight clothing either. He couldn?t help but notice the defined muscles in her arms which were now plainly visible in her sleeveless top, one which he?d never seen her wear outside of this dream.

But there was something else, something aside from her physical traits, that made her different and familiar at the same time. It was like they shared something no one else had, and as he looked at her something happened. The air around her seemed to change and become a silvery light. He looked down at himself and saw the same light glowing around him. Then in the blink of an eye it was gone. For a second he just stared at his hand, wondering if he?d just imagined it.

This dream was turning out to be much stranger than he?d thought. The fact that he was sharing it with someone else didn?t help. He?d heard of people sharing dreams, but that was just stuff from the holovids, he?d never actually heard of a Jedi who?d done it. And until now, he?d thought it was impossible. Unless this was the work of the Force, but why would it want him to share a dream with Vatonni. ?The Force works in mysterious ways, young Padawan.? Qui-Gon?s words echoed through his mind. Perhaps it wanted me to see the silvery light, he thought.

As Obi-Wan watched Vatonni, he saw all of her doubts and insecurities. Her beginning to doubt herself reminded him of himself when he was younger. And suddenly, he wasn?t looking at Vatonni anymore, he was looking at the person he used to be. Vatonni was no longer a stranger, Obi-Wan had a good idea of how she felt and was beginning to see whatever it was Qui-Gon had seen in her. Could this be what the Force wanted him to see? Was it this that seemed to draw him towards her?

He didn?t know nor did he really care at the moment, he just wanted to comfort the lost girl. He walked up behind her and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. She turned her head to look at him. He could see the tears threatening to appear on her face. Her gaze shifted downward and a weak smile appeared on her lips.

?Finally decided to put some cloths on, huh?? Vatonni said. Obi-Wan looked down to realize he was wearing a new tunic and brown robe. His subconscious must have decided that he had clothing in this dream.

?I guess I?m just lucky I didn?t end up just wearing underwear.? he said trying to cheer her up. Her smile broadened slightly. She walked back over to the fountain and sat down gazing into the waters. Obi-Wan followed her and sat down next to her. ?This place is really nice. Where is it??

?On my home planet. These gardens were right by my house.? Vatonni answered. ?I don?t like dreams where I?m here.?

?Why? This place is beautiful.? Obi-Wan said.

?Because it reminds me of what I was, what I could have been, and what I?ll never be.? she said as her tears won the battle and claimed her cheeks. Obi-Wan moved closer and wrapped a comforting arm around her. He let her cry on his shoulder, something he doubted anyone had ever done for her or had been able to do. I?m turning into Qui-Gon, he thought.

Hope you liked it. More coming soon.
  12. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    "I'm turning into Qui-Gon" I laughed at that line Ibis.

Now I wonder what the silvery light was??? What does it represent???

I hope we find out soon. Wonderful post!!! :)
  13. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
  14. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi. I just wanted to let all my readers know that there will be a new post up by tomorrow. Sorry to keep you waiting.
  15. Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Master

star 3
    I can't wait for your new post, Ibis! This is such a great story! :D
  16. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's the next part. Please forgive any typo's, I was half asleep when I typed it up.

?I can?t say I know totally how you feel,? Obi-Wan started, but Vatonni quickly interrupted him.

?You will soon enough.? she said moving away from him.

?What do you mean?? he asked.

It was then that Vatonni realized her mistake. Nice going girl, she thought, you just succeeded in doing everything you decided not to do. Well, you might as well tell him now, he won?t let it drop. She lowered her eyes to the waters, unable to look at him when she said it. ?I was wrong.?

?About what??

?Parasite doesn?t want to absorb your energy.?

?Then what does it want with me??

Vatonni took a breath before she spoke. ?It wants your body. It wants to make you a slave... just like me.?

Obi-Wan was more than a little surprised. He looked at her incredulously. ?How does it intend to do that??

?Parasite said that when it first found me it felt an aura around me, but it didn?t know what the aura was. It feels the same aura around you.?

The silvery light, Obi-Wan thought. ?So this aura is what makes Parasite unable to absorb our energy?? Obi-Wan asked.

?That?s what it thinks.? Vatonni confirmed.

?How long would it be able to stay in my body?? Obi-Wan asked already trying to think of how he could turn this into an advantage.

?Parasite guessed about four days, leaving you five to seven days recuperation.?

Obi-Wan looked back at her. ?Why just four days, and why would I need to recover??

?Parasite said that your aura wasn?t as strong as mine, so it couldn?t use you for as long.? Vatonni explained. There was a silence while Obi-Wan digested the information. ?So now what?? Vatonni said.

?Can I ask you one more question??

?Sure, it?s not like I have anything else to do.?

?If Parasite plans to use me for four days, what?s it going to do with you??

Vatonni looked away for a moment. ?Parasite offered to... to let me be free for those four days as long as I came back, and as long as I...? she trailed off.

?As long as you what??

?As long as I do it?s dirty work while I?m free. It?s either that or spend four days in a cold dark room every week.?

?You aren?t thinking about doing this, are you??

Vatonni looked up at him, Obi-Wan could see the desperation in her eyes. ?I want to be free.? she said, then looked back down. ?I just don?t know whether I want to sell my soul for it.?

?If you chose to do this, you?d still have to come back to Parasite, and you would not be free. All the times Parasite has had to release you, why didn?t you ever try to run away then??

?I have, but Parasite hunted me down rather quickly.? She sighed. ?I?m only nineteen, I shouldn?t have to deal with anything like this.?

?You?re only nineteen?? Obi-Wan asked. ?I thought you were at least as old as I am.?

?Obi-Wan, I?m only three years younger than you, that?s not really that much.?

?How do you know my age??

?The Sith Lord told Parasite before we came here.? Vatonni said.

?Want to tell me about it?? Obi-Wan asked interested.

?Not now, it?s kinda complicated.?

?Alright.? Obi-Wan said. He really wanted her to explain, but she had told him plenty already and didn?t want to wear out his welcome.

:)
  17. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    So Obi now knows what Parasite's plans for him are!!

I liked how he instantly sought information that he may be able to use to his advantage and his reasoning to Vatonni how she'd still not be free if she agreed to the vile creature's suggestion.

Great post Ibis!
  18. Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Master

star 3
    Whoa! Poor Obi! More soon, I hope!
  19. TrianaJinn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great story so far! Please post more!
  20. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi everyone. I know I haven't posted in a while. I'm sorry. I've been overburdened with homework. I know I won't be able to post tomorrow but after that I don't know. I had my two bottom wisdom teeth out two months ago and now I have an infection in my jaw. I'm going to my surgeon tomorrow and he's going to clean out under my teeth (OUCH!) so I don't know what's going to happen or when I can post again. If you guys could keep this thread up, I would really appreciate it. Thanks. :(
  21. Force-Listener Jedi Padawan

I have had my wisdom teeth out before, and have learned from others, that the drugs they offer are very nice.

Don't worry about the thread, we your loyal fans will not let such a good story die. Rememeber, the Force will be with you always. ;)
  22. TrianaJinn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just levitating until Ibis comes back.
  23. TrianaJinn Jedi Knight

star 1
  24. TrianaJinn Jedi Knight

star 1
  25. Ibis Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm back! Thanks for keeping this up for me. Here's the next part. It's long over due. I hope you enjoy! :)

Suddenly the temperature changed dramatically, and it became extremely cold. Vatonni looked around surprised, and Obi-Wan followed.

?I?m guessing this is part of your dream?? Obi-Wan said, wrapping his brown robe tighter around himself to ward off the cold.

?I don?t know. This is really weird.? she said, wrapping her arms around herself. In her sleeveless top, she started to shiver.

?Are you alright?? he asked with a concerned tone in his voice.

?Yeah, just cold.? she replied. ?I didn?t exactly dress for this.? Her voice shook as she spoke and her lips were turning blue. Seeing her condition, Obi-Wan moved closer and wrapped his robe around both of them, trying to keep her warm. He felt her tense slightly at his touch, and she looked up at him. It was the first time Obi-Wan had realized how close their heights were. Vatonni was only about an inch shorter than he was.

?Thanks.? she said after a while.

?I don?t want you to freeze.? he said.

?Can you freeze in a dream?? she asked. The question struck Obi-Wan. Could you get sick if it was just a dream? He didn?t think so, but this wasn?t an ordinary dream either.

?I don?t know.? he said honestly. ?If you want me to let go-?

?No.? she said quickly. ?I kind of like it, it?s been so long since anyone touched me who wasn?t trying to harm me.?

?How long?? Obi-Wan asked.

She had to think about it. ?Eleven years two days from now.? she said. For what had to be the hundredth time that day Obi-Wan was surprised. How could someone go so long without human touch. Vatonni was truly something special.

Vatonni on the other hand was just happy to have someone hold her. It reminded her of when she was little when her mother held her, and she was just content to revel in the warmth of another body, even if it was only a dream. She was also beginning to understand what Parasite had said about her feeling something around Obi-Wan. Whatever caused it, she didn?t care about. All that mattered was that for the moment she wasn?t alone, and she felt all her fears and anxieties melt away. They were replaced by hope, a feeling that had been a stranger to her for the last few years. She felt safe in Obi-Wan?s arms, and wished he would never leave.

Oh and a special thanks to Force-Listener and TrianaJinn.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.