main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Parasite (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ibis, Mar 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Getting close to the final show down! Whose body will the parasite be wearing? Having it be some one that Obi or Qui is close to would be interesting . . .

Post more soon!

2. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
  3. TrianaJinn

TrianaJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2001
    Terrific post! :D

4. Jenny_The_Jedi

Jenny_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2001
    more
    more
    more
    more
    more

5. Ibis

Ibis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2000
    NEW POST

Parasite was pleased as it watched the Jedi leave the Council Room. It was beginning to like the Jedi Temple. There were so many security cameras from which it could watch the Jedi?s movement and hear their conversations. Parasite merely had to push a button on the computer console at which it sat to switch from camera to camera.

It couldn?t help but allow a small smile to form on it?s lips as it heard Vatonni say that, no matter what, it would win. It was a slight but undeniable sign that the girl was finally starting to understand what Parasite had known from the beginning of it?s very existence. Unfortunately it didn?t have time to muse about such things now. It knew precisely where the Jedi were going, and it had to get there before they did to set up a trap. Again it let an evil smile form on it?s stolen features as it got up from behind the console. Everything was working out so nicely: it would exterminate the unwanted Jedi, take back Vatonni, secure Obi-Wan for later use, kill Maul while he was unconscious, burn down the Temple and all the sleeping Jedi with it as he was leaving, and then when the only remaining Sith asked what had happened to his apprentice, it would blame his death on the escaping Jedi. Parasite would hunt down the remaining Jedi later, at it?s own convenience. It?s evil smile soon became one of almost glee.

Time for action, it was tired of waiting.

I'm typing up the next post as we speak. :)

6. TrianaJinn

TrianaJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2001
    Terrific post, Ibis! :D

7. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    *"announcer" voice* In this corner, the champion: Parasite. In the other corner, the challengers: Vatonni, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and the Jedi Council. *end "announcer" voice*

Great post, Ibis! :D

8. Jenny_The_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    that was awesome pleasee write more soon
    jenny

9. Jenny_The_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
  10. Jenny_The_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    ummm what is happening where is she and the next chapter? i hate when this happens!!!
    :mad:

11. Ibis

Aug 1, 2000
    Grrrrrrr. Stupid old computer, always breaking at the wrong time. Sorry. :(

The Jedi entered the darkened training room cautiously. Qui-Gon had instructed Obi-Wan to stay towards the back of the group. He had two reasons for doing so: one, he didn?t want Obi-Wan having to fight with his injured hand, two, Vatonni was unarmed and needed some kind of protection. Breaking off into smaller groups, the Jedi, lightsabers ready, searched the entire room and found nothing.

?It?s not here.? Qui-Gon said.

?We should try the other training rooms.? Mace suggested. The group filed out the door with Obi-Wan and Vatonni last again. As Obi-Wan crossed the threshold, a laser wall materialized. He leapt back into the room, avoiding being cut in half. The rest of the Jedi turned, slightly started, they had felt no indication of any danger. Obi-Wan and Vatonni were now trapped in the training room. Taking action, Qui-Gon immediately began to search the door?s frame for some kind of shut off switch, and soon the other Masters started to help him. Obi-Wan replaced his lightsaber at his belt and began to search his side of the doorway.

While the Jedi were searching, Vatonni stood very still and reached out with her senses. Something was very wrong, and she knew it. The blaring threat of the laser wall in the doorway wasn?t the only thing telling her so. She had experienced a sinking feeling in her stomach ever since entering this particular room. Her senses peaked as she picked up another familiar presence in the room. She couldn?t locate it, but she knew it was there. ?Obi-Wan.? she warned.

He turned only slightly to look at her. ?I?m a little busy right now. I could use your...? he trailed off when he saw the look on her face. ?It?s here isn?t it.? he said quietly.

? ?Fraid so.? she replied. The Jedi on the other side of the door stopped what they were doing and looked at the two trapped figures.

?Where? We searched the entire room.? Obi-Wan said trying to calm himself.

?I?m not sure exactly. I can feel it?s presence but I can?t determine where it is coming from.? she replied as Obi-Wan unclipped his lightsaber from his belt. He walked towards the center of the room, trying to find Parasite. Everything was dead quiet. Closing his eyes, he slowed his breathing and concentrated. It was here somewhere, but where? There was a squeaking sound, and the Force warned him in just enough time that Obi-Wan was able to jump out of the way of one of the huge metal ceiling tiles. The tile landed with a crash right in the place that he had just been.

Parasite leapt down from the new hole in the ceiling, with it's orange lightsaber ignited, and went strait for Obi-Wan.

Expect a new post between tomorrow and Tuesday.

12. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    [face_shocked] [face_shocked] [face_shocked] [face_shocked] [face_shocked]

Great post Ibis! :D

13. Jenny_The_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    MORE
    MORE
    MORE
    MORE

14. Ibis

Aug 1, 2000
    I'm getting towards the end. Only two or three posts left.

Obi-Wan put up his lightsaber just in time to parry the blow. The two combatants fought for a moment, lightsabers tangling and crackling. Then Parasite jumped back, looked at Obi-Wan for a moment and turned running towards Vatonni. Obi-Wan raced after it, trying to protect his friend. Vatonni saw Parasite coming and immediately went into a fighting stance. It was within touching distance when Vatonni reached out lightning quick and grabbed Parasite?s wrist. Using it?s momentum she moved out of the way and threw Parasite to the floor, where it stayed.

Obi-Wan stopped in his tracks as he stared at Vatonni, who had her back to him. He was impressed. She bent down to pick up Parasite?s lightsaber. ?Wow, Vatonni. I didn?t know you could move that fast. Is it unconscious??

?Yes.? she replied quietly. ?But that move was foolish.? Obi-Wan stared at her in the dim light. She sounded different.

?What do you mean? Parasite?s out cold.? he said as his unease grew and he got a bad feeling in his stomach.

?Yes but I came in contact with that Jedi?s skin.? she said. Obi-Wan retreated a step.

?No... please no.? Obi-Wan whispered almost silently.

?What?s the matter, Obi-Wan? It?s only me.? she said as she turned around. He eyes were already black and she smiled revealing her sharp teeth, the last thing to change was her hair. ?Come on Obi-Wan. Stop fighting me. You are mine now.? Parasite said as it?s unusual voice returned.

?No I'm not. Let Vatonni go.? he demanded with more confidence than he felt.

?Oh, making demands now are you? What are you going to do, kill me?? Parasite laughed. ?You can?t kill something that doesn?t have a permanent form.?

?Let Vatonni go.? Obi-Wan repeated, anger growing in his voice.

?Don?t you get it yet?? Parasite asked him. ?Are you so naive that you can?t see. Vatonni belongs to me. Everything she has, she owes to me, even her life which I chose to spare. She will be mine forever!?

?She owes you nothing!? Obi-Wan roared as he launched himself at Parasite. Parasite simply smiled and ignited it?s own lightsaber. Obi-Wan attacked in a fury of anger. He hated Parasite for what it was and all the evil things it had done to people in the past, including Vatonni. And if he got his way, Parasite would pay for all of it. Unfortunately, Parasite had other plans. Using Vatonni?s keenly trained body, it managed to counter Obi-Wan?s onslaught quite easily. The young Jedi?s anger caused him to leave himself open several times, but Parasite wasn?t interested in killing him. It would merely stay on defensive until his energy burned out.

Qui-Gon watched the scene from behind the laser wall. His heart twisted as he watched the fight unable to do anything. He knew Obi-Wan was fighting out of anger and frustration, but if his apprentice kept this up, there was no doubt he would lose. Qui-Gon was aware that Obi-Wan didn?t need anymore distractions, but his apprentice needed guidance before Parasite decided to go on the offensive. <Obi-Wan.> Qui-Gon called over their bond.

<Busy, Master.> Obi-Wan sent back.

<Obi-Wan listen to me. If you want to win this fight, you have to let go of your anger.> the Master sent. <If you want to have any chance of saving Vatonni, let go of your hatred.>

Obi-Wan didn?t respond, but it was clear that his Master?s words had sunk in because he jumped back and away from Parasite. ?Tired already?? it asked, but Obi-Wan ignored it. He closed his eyes and imagined his anger flowing away from him like water. He reached into his center of calm and took strength from it. Filled with determination and the Force, he opened his eyes and re joined the fight.

I'll try to have the next post up by Friday.

15. Jenny_The_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    OH MY GOD THAT WAS GOOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE PLEASEE HURRY :_| :)

16. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    ACK!!! Parasite's not gonna win, right Ibis? Please post soon!!

17. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?! [face_shocked] I'm not sure I can wait until Friday!!!

18. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    You'd better post before I find my lightsaber in the Council Room... Anyways, this story is sooooooo good! Keep it up!!

19. Ibis

Aug 1, 2000
    Hi all. I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday and have to go a whole week without the internet, so I figured I have to finish the story before then. Enjoy!

Parasite was surprised by the change in the young Jedi, it actually had to concentrate on blocking his strikes. However, it wasn?t worried. To compensate for the sudden change, Parasite began to put offensive moves in with it?s blocking. The two battled across the training room, lightsabers snapped and hissed as their wills clashed. The battle dragged on with neither combatant willing to seriously hurt their opponent.

Finally, one made a mistake. Obi-Wan executed a complex technique, but because of his injured hand, he was unable to finish it properly. Parasite barely blocked it, but it left both combatants off balance. Parasite recovered first and took advantage of his quickness, kicking one of Obi-Wan?s legs out from under him. He went down on one knee painfully. The sudden fall caused him to loose his grip on his lightsaber, and it clattered to the floor within arms length. He quickly reached to retrieve it, but the orange blade of a lightsaber at his throat stopped him.

?You?re very good, Obi-Wan Kenobi, but not good enough.? Parasite said, looking at him from Vatonni?s eyes, as Obi-Wan stared at it in defiance. ?Playtime is over. Welcome to the rest of your life.? it said, as it reached down to touch it?s hand to his face. Obi-Wan slowly reached for his lightsaber. Feeling his fingers curl around it, he never took his eyes off Parasite. In one swift movement, he brought up his lightsaber and touched the hilt to Parasite?s side.

?I?m sorry, Vatonni.? he said and ignited the saber. The blue bade cut at an angle in through her side and out her back. Parasite dropped it?s lightsaber and gasped in surprise. Obi-Wan retracted the blade, and Parasite staggered back before falling. Obi-Wan stood up and walked over to the body of his dying friend. His eyes were sad as he looked down at it, Parasite merely smiled.

?I didn?t think you had it in you, but you killed your friend. I?m impressed.? it said and laughed.

?You killed Vatonni.? Obi-Wan said quietly. ?You cannot put the blame on me.?

?Do you really believe that?? Parasite asked.

?I stuck the killing blow, but you were killing her long before she even met me.? he said somberly. ?Let her go Parasite. She?s no use to you now.?

?Why do that, when she die still belonging to me?? it asked.

?Obi-Wan took a step closer to Parasite. ?Let her go.? he said more forcibly than before.

?Frustrating isn?t it?? Parasite taunted.

Obi-Wan took another step and kneeled by Parasite?s shoulder. ?Let her go.? he said. The force behind his voice was undeniable.

Parasite smiled up at him. ?Okay.? Suddenly inky tendrils shot out from Vatonni?s body toward him. He saw then and jumped back away from them. But they didn?t stop, they flowed out of Vatonni until she lay there in her original state. The black substance that just seemed to hang in the air slowly began to take a humanoid form, but it had no clear features and looked like ink.

The thing advanced toward him. ?You see?? it said, although it had no mouth. It?s evil voice boomed throughout the room. Obi-Wan recognized the voice as the one that always accompanied Parasite?s hosts? voices. His eyes widened as he realized just what the thing was, Parasite?s true form. ?You cannot destroy me. I am evil. I have existed forever, and I shall always exist.? Obi-Wan swung his lightsaber at one of the inky tendrils only to have it pass harmlessly strait through it. The tendril continued to get closer to him until it was almost touching him, when it disintegrated. Parasite looked down at it self to see that it?s limbs were all disappearing. ?What?!? it screamed.

?Don?t you get it, Parasite?? Both Obi-Wan and Parasite turned to see who had spoken. Vatonni stood somewhat shakily a few feet away, holding her hand over her wound. ?You need a body to inh

20. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    She's gotta live!!!!!! BTW Ibis, I like your sig [face_laugh]

21. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    :( :_| Poor, Vatonni!!!

Only one more post? Poor, us!!! :( :_|

Have fun on vacation Ibis! :) :D

22. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow... that was cool! I'm looking forward to the last post, and I hope it's a long one, cause I don't want this neato story to end...
    *~*Ashley*~*

23. Ibis

Aug 1, 2000
    Here it is, the last Post. You might have to read it twice to understand everything. Enjoy! :)

Epilogue:

He was dead. In one second Obi-Wan?s life force had gone from shining to nothing. She had felt him die. Now she was alone. Vatonni looked out towards the setting sun from the balcony of the shabby motel she was staying at, on the backwater planet.

She thought of the last time she had seen him, more than thirty years before. After recovering from the near fatal wound, she had bid her friend farewell and left to find her family. She had given him a hug and kissed his cheek. She remembered that he had been disappointed that the Sith, Darth Maul, had gotten away before the Jedi could detain him. She had told him not to worry about it. Then she had gotten onto the ship and left.

She never found her family and never saw Obi-Wan again. Through her sources and the Force, she found out about Qui-Gon?s death. She knew of his apprentice, and how he had betrayed Obi-Wan. And now she knew that apprentice had slain him. She had lost her only friend. She never made any others or stayed in the same place long enough for anyone to learn her name. She helped people when she could but never made any connections. This was for the same reason that she never went back to see Obi-Wan.

She walked back into the small room and stood in front of the mirror. The familiar face that stared back at her now dripped with tears for her slain friend. Distantly, she wondered if he would even recognize her, if he would even remember her. She hoped he would, not that it mattered. Even if he was alive, she wouldn?t go back to see him. After all, what would she say to him. Could she have found it in her heart to say that she had been right, that in the end Parasite had won? Because even though Parasite was gone, a tiny speck of it was still in her, one that would never go away. Pulling back her fist, she punched the mirror and watched as the image of the young red-haired woman shattered. Parasite had been right, it would own her until darkness completely engulfed the universe, even if it wasn?t around to see it.

The End

How was it?

24. Artemis_Silverbow

Jun 9, 2001
    A question, Ibis, if 30 years have passed, why does Vatonni still appear young-at least in the mirror? Nice ending, by the way. Not quite what I was expecting, but I liked it :) However, I'm a little confused about Parasite having won. What's this "speck" Vatonni has of it? I've read the post about four times now, and I'm still not getting it. Anyway, I'm sorry to see this story end :( :_| Have fun on vacation! :D

25. Ibis

Aug 1, 2000
    Okay, here's the explaination. Earlier in the story, Parasite told Vatonni that she was nineteen, but she looked in her twenties, this was for a reason. Since the Parasite was controling her she aged a little faster until she was at the perfect age for Parasite to use her. Parasite, who was in essence the Force froze her age there, hence all the 'she will belong to me forever' lines. Even though at the end Parasite died, Vatonni was still tainted by it and the small "speck" continued to freeze her age. In other words, she can die from injury but not from old age. Understand now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.