main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Parched - (JA, Obi/Qui) - *Part 4 updated - 01/01*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    ?Remember two things, before we begin,? Qui-Gon held up his hand. ?One: the Force works in mysterious ways,? he folded a finger. ?And two: not all is as it seems.?

Wonderful update! =D= =D= =D=

I love how you make this group seem to be in the poorest of settlements, yet the child is the very Prince they are seeking!

We can't judge by outward appearances, can we? :D

And how like Qui-Gon to sense the true inner nature of those around him! [:D]

I'm glad that your "large bunny" is growing! ;)

*leaves more lettuce, carrots, and water*

2. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I know I'm a dreadful lurker in most stories and I might only pop my head round every now and again, but I have to say that you're rapidly becoming one of my favourite authors on the boards. :)

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved the continual confusion of Obi-Wan, his phasing of lucidity and wavering reality was just right. Loved the descriptions of course and the way Qui-Gon supported Obi-Wan physically and mentally.

But now I'm quite confused but in a good way. Was Obi-Wan seeing a non-reality, was he being tested with visions of desert and heat and exhaustion?

Looking forward to more!

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Curiouser and curiouser. I've got inklings of what might be going on, but who knows. I loved how Qui-Gon suggested, much to his apprentice's dismay that they meditate and the descriptions of Obi-Wan connecting to the Living Force, especially how the circuit was completed by their touching.

Very much looking forward to seeing what exactly is going on here.

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Amazing update.

I really enjoyed the in-depth description of Obi-Wan's journey in the Force.

Great job

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    =D= =D= =D=

The imagery was wonderful and very vivid. The Force journey was extremely well done. Just like I think it would be. :D

Thanks for the PM, m'dear!

7. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    Excellent =D= =D=

I loved The Force journey, the descriptions, everything. You wrapped a moral so well into the story!!! [face_love] I love this fic, Qui and Obi, you really do them justice [face_love]

Thanks for the PM! ;) Please do more soon, this story is great!!! :D :D :D

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    This is fantastic- I want more

9. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    Eep!:eek: This story is so awesome, Princess! I love it!!=D= =D= =D= Your descriptions are so vivid, I'm beginning to feel thirsty myself...must have water![face_coffee] =P~
    *comes back after a long shower*
    Okay back. Wonderful story, once again. I'm sure you get that loads but you're well worth it! More please?[face_praying]
    Kind Regards,
    K.Elessar

10. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Hmmm...okay. I wonder what happened to Obi. :confused:

I liked the description of his meditations, very vivid. And those purple-eyed people are interesting.

And it was sweet the way Obi kept worrying about how Qui-Gon had carried him, awww. [face_love]

This is a good story, more soon! :D

11. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I'm quite intrigued by this. I wonder if this was some kind of test by the Prince that Qui turned into a lesson for Obi, or something else? Qui did seem to know something was going on. Loved the descriptions of how Obi finally connected to the Living Force. Also loved how Obi was still worrying about Qui and their interactions with each other and the child/Prince.

Wonderful job! Thanks for the pm. :)

12. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    More More More

Hurry Hurry Hurry

:)

13. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Oh my word Master... I have a huge glass of Iced Tea here, and I'm still licking my lips as if I'm a woman in the desert.

It's magnifivent how much you can provoke with your words Master... and it is a talent that I shall always be in envy and awe of.

Your discriptions where masterful, and I felt so bad for Obi-Wan having to be carried by Master Jinn, and then to have such an overwhelming experience in the Force must have been far to much for our favorite little Jedi.

May the Force be with him,

And with you and your writing Master.
    Seven

14. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    Ohhh, that was lovely [face_love]

I loved how Qui-Gon carried Obi-Wan through the desert and how Obi-Wan tried to argue against it. The descriptions, as ever, were just perfect (I loved how you visualised the Living Force and bought about Obi-Wan's difficulty in accessing it), the dialogue and characterisation were sublime, and just everything was 'wow'.

I have to admit that I am perplexed by the ending, and therefore I must request that you come back here this instant and continue the story, as well as your other ones. :D
    I absolutely love reading your work. Every post from you is a gift, and I thank you so much for it. [face_love]

15. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    I was far too long in reviewing this. Forgive me? [face_worried]

Fantabulous as always. Your writing makes me happy. Every time I see your name in the author line, I sqeak (figuratively, of course. Heh).

Wish I had something better to say, but you've heard all of my compliments before.

Highest praise for the Princess's new story!

Bravo, Cheerios, and all that jazz!

Hoping for an update soon. (:p I can dream, can't I?)

>>YoUrs quItE SInCereLY<<,
    --The Fluffish One

16. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    4 words: You must keep writing. [face_batting]

*Performs Sith mindtrick*

17. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    must...have.... more...soon.......................

18. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I'm still overwhelmed by the glorious imagery and emotion of these two posts. I wonder how glorious the third post will be... [face_thinking]

:D

19. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Thanks to all you guys for the lovely feedback. [:D]

LOl. c_j, BlueJedi, and LE ( girl, you made my day. :D )... thanks so much for the 'up'! [face_love]

Am sick, now - so the next update'll take some time. I'll try and post over the weekend.

20. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    :eek: You're sick?

Oh, not good! [face_worried]

*leaves hot soup, tea [face_coffee] , tissues, and a bouquette of @};- @};- @};- @};- @};- *

Please get well soon! [:D]

21. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    I read this before, but I can't believe I forgot to comment on it! You paint such beautiful pictures with your words, and I love how you portray Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's relationship. I am very curious about Obi-Wan's visions.

Hope you feel better soon!

22. foxsolo

foxsolo Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Oh how I adore this story. [face_love]

23. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    I'm so happy you like the story. Replies coming here.

24. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    Okay. Part 3 up. It didn't come out like what I planned, at all. :D

Part 3

The Force had been kind to Qui-Gon Jinn.

It was not a statement he would have agreed with, a few standard galactic years ago. In fact, he still had reservations about it on occasion, when some mission or the other did not quite produce a result he himself had expected. Years of acquiescence to the infinite and unfathomable energy surrounding him, together with an inborn sense of philosophical acceptance had ingrained in him a serenity that other Jedi sometimes envied. All Jedi were calm and at peace in the Force. More to the point, all Jedi were required to be so. Very few actually did attain this peace ? and retain it for any long period of time.

Despite all his tendencies to the unorthodox, and his obvious partiality to the Living Force, Qui-Gon Jinn could appreciate life in its simplest forms. He had been able to sense the energy that flowed in and around all life as he saw, felt and touched it for more years than he cared to remember. His connection to it was what the plants felt to the earth ? strong, natural, earthy. His senses bound him to rich, strong currents of the here and now ? and without it, he knew that he would not survive. Just as a plant plucked from the soil never does.

There had been missions when his Force connection had been severed. His body might have forgotten the agony of torture ? the body never does remember. But his mind did. It was not something he would wish for even his greatest enemy. To feel the Living Force again - even after the briefest interval ? was akin to rain that fell on parched, dry plants.

He did possess a slight, a very slight connection to the Unifying Force, but what he felt was vague ? very vague tendrils of events that might never happen. To him, it often seemed like a mist clouding his senses. A puzzle he could never solve, because he had not all the pieces. The Force had granted him a treasure in sensing the present. It would not grant him more, as it was a fair and impartial master. He believed this, was satisfied with what he had, and had trained himself to achieve the best with what he possessed.

And yet? there were odd moments when he did wonder what the Unifying Force truly was like.

When he had passed his trials, which had required an almost near-impossible level of concentration. During his moments with Tahl, when he had felt brief twinges of what might happen in the future. With Schen, when he had tried contemplating what she would be ? a master negotiator, or a sabre-master. With Xanatos?

A pause.

Xanatos no longer had the power to haunt his dreams. To make his heart twist with misery, and self-doubt. To torture himself about whether he would ever train and raise another to knighthood. To wonder whether he truly was a Jedi, at all.

The Force had not granted him conclusive answers. Not about Xanatos?s fall. He had not been able to see that. Only the boy?s intensity. His feelings ? anger, fear, devotion ? too much. All of them too much. He himself had felt so in his younger days, so he had not seen the dangerous point when they had ceased being mere emotions, and morphed into something else.

He had sifted through his own despair within the Force, and finally?finally made amends. Or tried to.

Still, he wondered what the Unifying Force might be like. He had second-hand descriptions, he had experienced slight touches through his padawans and other knights ? but it was like peeking into a mansion that held strange and wonderful sights. All he received was flashes, and nothing more. He had not really missed this connection his brethren shared ? but his was an innately curious nature. Years of discipline had toned it down ? but not out.

He had hardly known what to expect when he grasped Obi-Wan?s hand during their meditation?but knew, instinctively, that this was what the Force had willed. Obi-Wan?s connection to reality had suddenly flickered ? a sign that the padawan?s hold onto consciousness was tenuous. Th

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    P_A, I couldn't help but chuckle at your statement prior to the post and then the contents of the first parargraph.. LOL

He himself had felt so in his younger days, so he had not seen the dangerous point when they had ceased being mere emotions, and morphed into something else.

Ohhh, superb insight into why Qui-Gon did not see the problems with Xanatos.

Wow, I had to read the joruney Qui-Gon took through the Uniying Force three times... so exquiste was it.

Something filled him, then?it was though he were a cup, filling and filling and filling. He gasped, aware that there was a limit to his capacity, and shivered. The Force seemed to smile at him.

I love this line... so cuaght up in your tale, I could feel this so well.

Brilliant post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.