main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Park sabers worth the investment ?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jediknight_Wendy, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    What picture? Of a double helix with green blades?

I know a girl in my local Fan Force who has one, so I've seen it in person. I'll see if I can find any pics of her and her saber from the RoTS premier.

Hmm, I thought I'd seen a better picture than this, but this was all I could find.

[image=http://www.ocstarwars.com/Temp/premiere-3.jpg]

2. robt666

robt666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2005
    Made an order for an Arc-Wave w/green blade back on July 1st. plan on taking it to the motor city comic con here in oct. even though the bigger show is in may. and finaly going to get to go to Dragon con in 2k6 going down there for a week and looking forward to it already.

3. darthpoopyhead12

darthpoopyhead12 Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2005
    thanks for the picture jedi loreen

is the green that bright of is it because of the flash from the picture and the light in the background

4. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Um, why would a flash, and background light, make the blades look brighter? [face_thinking] That doesn't make any sense, since the blades aren't made of reflective material. If anything it would make them look dimmer and washed out.

That just shows you how bright they really are, the fact that they are not seen in total darkness in the pic.

5. darthpoopyhead12

Jul 9, 2005
    so its pretty much a light green color... right

anyway, should i get a green or red blade

6. Drakonnen

Drakonnen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Supposedly the Park's Red Blade ends up looking like Hot Pink, or so I've heard.

7. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Yes, that is correct, Parks doesn't have a true red, as I have said once or twice in this thread all ready.

That's one of the reasons that I have made so many
    red blades for people, because they want that color blade for their Parks sabers, not pink.

8. darthpoopyhead12

Jul 9, 2005
    so should i get blue or green...

r there any other sites that give e.l blades and r darker colors

9. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Are there any sites that "give" EL blades? No, they don't give them to you, but they sell them. ;) EL wire comes in 10 colors.

Take a look at Strydur's website, there's a link in his signature. He has a lot of posts in my EL Blade Tutorial thread. You can see the colors that the EL wire comes in. So, obviously those are the colors you can get blades in. They aren't made the same as Parks blades, but they will work in the newer Parks sabers.

And I have to ask about your User ID, darthpoopyhead12. What's up with that silly name? Are you 12, like at the end of your ID? I doubt that there have been 11 other darthpoopyheads before you. Maybe you just like that number. I'm partial to the number 17, myself, though I'm much older than that. :p I guess you can use whatever you want for a name, as long as it isn't obscene or doesn't offend anyone, but it seems very adolescent to me.

10. darthpoopyhead12

Jul 9, 2005
    i just really made up a name real quick
    its just a coincidence that i put 12 for som e reason when i am(but turnig 13 in this coming NOV.)

whos is Strydur and those his e.l blades work on the double helix

11. CHRIS_SKYWALKEN

CHRIS_SKYWALKEN Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2005
    Is Park sabers worth the investment?
    Only if you really want to look like a jedi!
    I have both a rouge saber and a graflex saber and they are bar none the best made things on the planet. Yes you can even attack a tree with them and they will not break. At the episode three premire I locked blades with a MR FX Anakin version. My Parks not only had a longer blade & a brighter color blue, but the dudes saber stopped working two minutes into the duel. My advice is if you don't fancy building your own, BUY FROM PARKS!

12. Drakonnen

May 19, 2005
    Chris, I don't suppose you have any pictures of your Parks Graflex you can put up, do you?

I've still got a month or two until mine arrives and I'm eager to see more pictures of the final product since the one on their website isn't totally finished with the grips and all of that.

13. CHRIS_SKYWALKEN

CHRIS_SKYWALKEN Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2005
    Sorry, no pics due to lack of digital camera. Not to mention I just switched to a Mac and am still trying to figure everything out. I will share this with you:
    I ordered my graflex thru the buystarwarsstuff.com website. apparently the default graflex configuration is the ANH version, complete with grips and D-ring attached. I already had a static graflex that I had converted to an Anakin ROTS saber, thanks to some groovy cats opperating out of Woolong Austrailia, so I just changed the butt ends out. The blue duece blade is worth it!

14. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I posted one of my ESB graflex ealier in the thread. I love it. If you hold a Parks and then hold a MR FX, you'll see how much more realistic the Parks feels. No, it doesn't have the sound or power up/down, but the FX just has more of a plastic-y toy feel to it. I love both of my Parks sabers!

EDIT: Apparently I didn't post the pic in this thread. Here is it:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Jade-Walker/Graflex.jpg]

I didn't have the blade on in that pic, but it looks just like the blue one a couple of pages back.

15. Drakonnen

May 19, 2005
    Thanks Jade-Walker.

I actually managed to hunt that pic of yours down earlier in the other thread after I ordered mine and have had it saved to my hard drive ever since to look at whenever I get restless about waiting for mine.:D

I'm like a junky trying to score another fix in the meantime though. =P~

16. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    dph (I can't seem to bring myself to type out your full ID at this moment :p ), go look through my EL Blade Tutorial, if you want to know who Strydur is.

He makes his blades similar to the way I do, so yes, they will work in a Double Helix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.