main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Parking in Renfrew Street?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by JediMasterGuff, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm sure more than a few of you will be joining me at the 0035 showing of ROTS in the UGC in Renfrew Street, but since I've never been to that particular cinema, I haven't got a clue where to park.

Obviously Buchannan Galleries car park will be closed by then, but I saw a multi-storey across the road from the cinema, does anyone know if that will be open?

Cheers :)

2. Callie_Skye

Callie_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2004
    Yeah the car park directly across the street should be open. I think it's pretty cheap for overnight parking as well. That's where I plan on being.

3. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    at that time of night, you'll get parked in the surrounding streets...

alternatively, leave the fudging car at home and join the posse at Nice and Sleazy's , sauchiehall st, 10pm, for pre-movie cocktails.

4. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    bad move - just after the opening scroll has finished you'll be desperate for the little boys room

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    alternatively, leave the fudging car at home and join the posse at Nice and Sleazy's , sauchiehall st, 10pm, for pre-movie cocktails.

Problems with that scenario:

A) I'm 17, cocktails probably not looking too promising
    B) I don't want to imagine how much a taxi will cost to and from Glasgow to Falkirk, and I don't fancy waiting til 6am for the first train.

6. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    points re: the above-

? cinema toilet breaks. Sleazies sells Buckfast over the bar, a hi-alcohol / low volume drink which will excite the brain, without filling the bladder

? 17 years old ? You'll get into sleazies. Unless you are really young looking for yir age.

? No train till 6am? perfect, Film will finish at 3am, then the streets will be filled with excited teenage female star wars fans, probably with transport difficulties of their own. Absolutely brillant pulling potential. Don't be a wuss. I spent half my teenage years sleeping in Buchanan St bus station..... its character building.

7. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    I was carded to get into Sleazies. So they do do it.

hmmm, don't actually have anything else interesting to add. Gonna go make my t-shirt for tomorrow night! WOOHOO!! movie time!!!

8. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    // is on first name terms with sleazies' bouncers

// thusly, has superpowers over door policy

:D

9. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! a little less than 11 hours now people!!! woohooo! *grins* Oh and don't forget to set your VCRs for Feel the Force on Sky1 at 8pm!

Oh for those who want to be sure about the car parks..

--Glasgow City Council operates a supervised 24hr, pay-onfoot (credit cards accepted) multistorey car park one block from the theatre in Cambridge St. Parking after 6pm costs £1 and this charge entitles you to park until 9am the following day. If you have an orange or blue badge you can park free of charge for as long as you wish in surrounding Pay & Display spaces. --

10. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    We parked opposite the cinema, just on the street, with no problems. Ha.

OMG. THAT ROCKED LIKE A MAD ROCKING THING. There were two Jedi in our screen. Muaha.

11. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    And so we saw the film! :D

Sorry I couldn't make it to the sleazies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.