main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Parks sabers

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by agfstyrer, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Maybe so, I remember reading about how someone lent him their heilend so he could replicate it, long story short, Jeff gave him back the heiland, with replica parts, etc.[face_shame_on_you]

2. Worm5

Worm5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2004
    Bad business practices? What do you mean? Seems like I'd always heard nothing but good things about Parksabers.

3. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=96735&hl=boycott
    There used to be a thread, that had more depth on why no to, it was a boycott parksabers thread, cant find it, but this will have to do for now.

4. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I wasn't meaning to be "snippy", I just wanted my credit where it was due. [face_not_talking] You are a new poster and maybe didn't know that I was responsible for that whole trend with the polyethylene tubing diffuser. :rolleyes:

5. DALVALUCARD

DALVALUCARD Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2005
    I have followed the forums since 03. I just never care to post. Also I know your tutorial. Thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    My Graflex didn't come with grips on it OR in a separate package. The hilt had holes predrilled for the ESB grips but I never got any.

7. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    So, what did Jeff Parks ever do to you personally Sal? I have never had a problem dealing with him... He makes a good saber at a good price, goes above and beyond in the customer service department, and if he makes a mistake, he makes it right. The RPF boycott is stupid. (That's why I don't go there anymore)

Didn't Master Replicas just recently buy the RPF? [face_hypnotized]

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I ordered a Graflex from Parks almost 2 years ago and I can't say that I had any problems with them at all. I actually ordered the Graflex and the Echelon, but had to cancel the Echelon from my order. I used the e-mail address that I found on the buystarwarsstuff.com site and was able to fix my order without causing any major delays and my Graflex arrived in about 2 months. Having seen lots of reference pics and even comparing it to pics of the MR sabers I'm very impressed with what he has to offer and I'd definately order from him again.

I went to that thread in the RPF out of curiousity and someone actually tried to compare Jeff Parks to the scam artist over at EDC Studios [face_laugh]. I never got an e-mail from Jeff himself but the people he has working for him were great. The thief over at EDC took my money and after almost 2 years I still don't have my kit that I ordered and he never even responded to ANY of the countless e-mails I sent him asking for an update.

9. Worm5

Dec 21, 2004
    For what it's worth, I ordered a Double Helix from buystarwarsstuff.com on 8/12. Yesterday I emailed them to ask about my order, as they had said it was scheduled to be completed around the end of November. The reply was that it should have shipped by now, but they were having some hold up with one of the distributers they get their blades from, or something like that, and it'd be another two or three weeks. For the inconvienience, they offered me a free belt. Seemed pretty nice to me.

10. The_Grey_Road

The_Grey_Road Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2005
    cool a belt. for the short movies i make i use toy lightsabers lmao, but use a program to make them glow n stuff (the on button mostly)

11. Pantsman

Pantsman Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2005
    A free belt!? Mine took five months, I called them twice in the intervening period, and they didn't offer me anything! I feel ripped off...:_|

12. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Wow... With a name like Pantsman, you deserve a belt... to hold up your pants... man... uh, I'll go back over here and be quiet now... sorry![face_tired]

This just in... I got Perma-banned at the RPF for supporting Jeff Parks!:eek: I guess I'm a bad person since I buy from him and not MR... :_|

13. CHRIS_SKYWALKEN

CHRIS_SKYWALKEN Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2005
    I've delt with Jeff several times and each one has been an excellent experience. He offers a great product and in my experience his service was wonderfull.

14. Worm5

Dec 21, 2004
    Wow . . . How odd. I got my saber today, blades and everything. :confused: Was the email some sort of joke, like, making me think it'll be another few weeks, then, SURPRISE, here it is, or just a mix-up? I'm confused. Oh well, I'm happy I have my saber.

15. UltraSWG

UltraSWG Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005
    Hmm, ok, time to educate you people on what happened.

Jeff Parks wanted to make MPP flash gun replicas for his new product line. He needed a genuine MPP flash gun to model the replicas after. He borrowed a prestine antique MPP flash gun from an RPF member, named Ghosthost. Jeff then sent the MPP to China to have it modeled and replicated. Many months and emails later, Ghosthost got his MPP back. However, it was missing several pieces, had damage, and original pieces of the MPP were replaced with replica parts. Jeff Parks refused to do anything about it since the MPP was in China and thus "out of his hands".

That is the reason for the boycott. It's the simple fact that he screwed over an RPF member and now profits from it by selling replica flash guns. Knowing the ethics of Jeff Parks in this matter, many cannot, in good conscious, support his business.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

16. SkYWaLkAdAjEDi

SkYWaLkAdAjEDi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2005
    "Everything else is just a toy", did you borrow that quote from Small Soldiers, ultraswg?

17. UltraSWG

Jun 20, 2005
    Yeah, Small Soldiers, cool movie, cool slogan.

18. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    But this is just from Steve's (GhostHost's) side of the story, so how accurate is this really? There really is no proof that JP didn't try to make it up to him or not, just one side of the story. I'm not calling anyone a liar, but this is condeming a man without allowing him to defend himself... Other people have screwed others in the past and still enjoy RPF membership I might add... There is no call for boycott, or other silliness!

Make up your own mind! Go Joe!

19. UltraSWG

Jun 20, 2005
    No, see, this is just ignorance on your part. Jeff Parks *did* post on the RPF and confirmed the story. He used his religious convictions as justification for not doing anything. He said since the MPP was out of his hands, he cannot be held responsible. So we're not seeing just one part of the story, we know the whole story. Ghosthost posted all the email correspondance and parks did verify that the emails were accurate. I would suggest you go to the RPF and get all the facts before commenting further. The boycott is more than justified.

20. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    You suggest? Before I comment again? [face_laugh]
    Whatever... Buy from whoever you want or don't want to. I choose not to have this argument again. I still (My opinion is allowed right?) will buy from him, and if you choose not to... Well that's what makes America great! I stand by my decision, and I did read all of the info presented there...

When you listen to fools... The mob rules! -Dio

21. UltraSWG

Jun 20, 2005
    Well, sorry, but I'm going to have to call you a liar. There's no way anyone of sound mind could have possibly read all the information presented on the RPF and still say that we've only heard one side of the story. Just by making that statement, it's apparant that you really have no clue what's going on and are just running your mouth.

22. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Well that's what makes America great! Even you are allowed to have your opinion. No need for namecalling Richard!

By the way, has there ever been a report of JP not delivering a paid for product? That's the issue, not the silly RPF boycott. He was mis-labeled as a bad dealer when that is not the case. Think what you want, buy from who you want, Be it EL or LED.

When you listen to fools... The mob rules! --Dio

23. UltraSWG

Jun 20, 2005
    Sure buy from who you want. Chinese sweat shop child labor be damned, this is America! We don't care about ethics so long as it's not *ME* getting screwed! Diamonds collected by enslaved children? Who cares as long as we get lower prices for your girlfriend's bling, right!

Wrong.

Some of us think ethics matter, not just in direct business dealings with customers, but by how you treat other members of the community and even how you treat your competitors. Some people value honorable ethics and some people value only the almighty dollar.

24. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Chinese sweat shop labor? When did this become a thread about Master Replicas? :rolleyes:

I guess my last observation to you will be this:
    The only reason you are making so much noise about this is with Jeff Parks out of the picture, you feel people will start buying LED sabers from you. :eek: Sure that's a stretch, but as I said before... Free country. [face_flag] I have a suggestion for you. Take this to the RPF where it is not only welcome, but fostered. I can only hope you never mess up and wind up on the other side of the witch hunt... o_O

25. Pantsman

Pantsman Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2005
    Ahem...so what is the difference in appearance between EL sheet blades and EL wire blades? Is one better than the other?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.