main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Parksabers sound fx

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by darthoverlord, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthoverlord

darthoverlord Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Has any noble knights found a way to incorporate sounds w/the parksabers.... No sound is the only thing holding me back from purchasing one of these fine weapons.

2. Master_Jiao_Wingj

Master_Jiao_Wingj Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    Hey dont let the fact that there is no sound stop you from wielding one of the most powerful Jedi Weaopns of all time. (The Parks Light Saber)

3. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Definitely, I just received my "Rogue" and I am waiting for my "Malestrom".

There is nothing like the first time you hold one of these and switch it on. They rock!

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    It was asked by me in a previous thread, but I'll ask again as this thread is more current now.

Does Jeff Park sell just the blades?

I have my own handle. thank-you very much, and just want the blade portion. His EL sheet type blades sound nicer than the EL wire type blades.

I know someone replied they were going to try and email him for a response, but never saw anything more.

5. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    why dont you go to his site and ask him???... his phone number is right there on his contact page. ask him for yourself...

6. kevinknight

kevinknight Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    What's the difference between Parks sabers and buystarwarsstuff.com? I see lower prices.

Kevin

7. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    wow, same exact stuff, i wonder if he has two different sites, or something???

8. Master_Jiao_Wingj

Master_Jiao_Wingj Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    BuyStarWarsStuff.com is just another distributor for Parks Sabers. Jairen I too just got the pleasure of owning a rouge and I must say that it cannot be described in words.

9. twinpeaks1138

twinpeaks1138 Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    No disrespect to Parks, but I'm afraid Master Replicas has him beat this with their new Anakin ForceFX saber. Darthoverlord... i just ordered a ForceFX saber, and am VERY happy with it. It has a glowing blade which has copyrighted technology (they use a sheet of EL and inks instead of just a "wire" for the ultimate glow which cant be copied by any other company). It has full sounds, including swing sounds, 4 cycling obstacle-hit sounds, power up, and power down sounds. And best of all, it is a REPLICA of Anakin's Episode II saber. Wait... BEST BEST of all, it's more than $100 cheaper than most parks sabers. In September they are coming out with Darth Vaders fully lightable saber as well, and are currently working on Mace Windu's saber. Go to www.masterreplicas.com and read all the FAQs and make sure you download the little video of Anakin's ForceFX saber in action.

10. twinpeaks1138

twinpeaks1138 Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    ...by the way, i forgot to mention one BIG negative to the whole Master Replicas saber... the blade is non-detachable. But because i wanted the Anakin saber with sound so bad, but i also wanted a saber handle to attach to a belt, i bought the anakin saber AND the Defiance Non-Ignited = $80.00 from Parks for a total of $210. This way i have a handle AND Anakin's forceFX saber for the same price of the Parks cheapest ignited offering, the "Rogue" saber. Also, a little hint here: if you decide to go with Master Replicas ForceFX saber, go to www.collectorsgalleryonline.com . If you go directly through masterreplicas.com, you will pay $149 for the saber and shipping. At www.collectorsgalleryonline.com , you pay $129.50 total with shipping... .50 cents cheaper than you would pay at masterreplicas.com even before shipping.

11. TomTav

TomTav Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    Anyone have an answer to the original question?

"Has any noble knights found a way to incorporate sounds w/the parksabers ? ..."

I have ordered a Parks and a Master Replicas F/X but would love to figure out someway to get sound for Parks.

I saw a note on the LightTech site in the FAQ section that says they are working on a retrofit to add sound.

http://www.lightechindustries.com/

12. IB420

IB420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    I'm with you, Woofer...
    A couple of years ago, I built my own 'saber out of various bits of harware: plumbing extension, acrylic rod, super-bright LEDs, etc.
    I got the detailing, finish, and balance of the handle just right, it fits my hand *perfect*, and I don't wanna give it up. Moreover, I don't want a replica or someone elses's design.

The Parks FX look awesome, and I'm hoping he (or someone) will sell an electronics kit that one can incorporate into their own handle design.
    I'd settle for the blade FX, but to get a package that would include sounds, too, would be awesome.

After all, a Jedi is supposed to build his own 'saber, right?

If any of ya'll know of a good electronis kit for 'sabers, post it here or any of the umpteen other lightsaber message boards. Or better yet, email me.

13. darthoverlord

May 29, 2002
    Thank you TomTav, the real question i want answered is: "Is there a way to incorporate sounds as in the deluxe sabers or masterreplicas to the parksabers?" I would like to buy the masterreplica anakin saber, but it would be monotonous for me and several of my companions to have the same sabers. Plus the masterreplica anakin saber does not have the detachable blade feature, which is another reason I want the parksabers overall. I thought that if the people in the jedi council can make a complete storm trooper uniform, then surely they can find a way to take the sound device of the deluxe sabers and incorporate it w/these much better quality ones.

14. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I know this isn't answering the original question, and I'm sorry I can't help you with that darthoverlord (I'd love to know myself) but it does answer Woofer's question about whether or not ParkSabres sell seperate blades or not... I don't know if this is the ParkSabres site, but I checked out all the links that were given throughout this thread and I found that the people at BuyStarWarsStuff.com sell seperate blades for $ 79.99

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Thank-you!!

That does appear to be the the EL sheet variety of blade (as opposed to the wire), and they appear to have that Park Sabers distinctive redcap.

The price isn't bad either. I will save that link for sure.

Thanks again.

16. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I just remembered a lightsabre site that I stumbled upon last year some time... They have sounds etc, and the sound component isn't attached to a sabre... I don't know if it works only with their sabres or not, but check out the page here

The sound bit is a little more than halfway down the page. And the page itself features a demo of it in action. I'll admit the sounds themselves could be much better, but you can buy plans on how to build the module, I assume you could use your own sounds... TFN Fanfilms has a bunch of sounds you can download (they're taken from games... Maybe you could use them instead? Not sure... Anyway, I hope this helps

17. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    You can buy a TPM Darth Maul or Qui Gonn sound FX saber at Kaybee Toys for $8.99 now... you rip the sound module out of that, it's not too big. With a little creativity you could probably make it fit inside a Parks saber hilt... there tends to be some unused space inside the pommel, which is where the sound module sits in the Kenner sabers. I haven't been bored enough to try it yet, been busy designing a saber hilt for my wife.

By the way, yes Parks uses 360* EL sheet in his blades, not the crappy LED string stuff for the blades. He does use the string EL stuff to illuminate the upper part of the hilt in both the Echelon and the Maelstrom sabers, which is really impressive!

Also, the red cap is just a rubber thing he puts on the end there for safety (some liability thing)... it pops right off. That was the first thing I did to my Echelon was to throw that red cap away.

18. darthoverlord

May 29, 2002
    Thank you JediG60racer, you've finally answered my question. I'll try that when i get my avenger.

19. EviL_DukKY

EviL_DukKY Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    How would I go about e-mail Parks?

20. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    to email Jeff Parks you have to first call them and ask them for their email address... he doesn't just give it out to anyone. He currently has over 1200 sabers on order and he spends a full 12 hours a day working on sabers... not too much time left over for answering emails. And his fiancee Kim tends to have at least 3 calls on hold at any given time, they are BUSY! So she does answer emails when she can, but really the best way to get ahold of them is to call after hours, leave a message telling them when they can get ahold of you, and let them call you. That's worked well for me.

21. EviL_DukKY

EviL_DukKY Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Ack, I really hate calling long distance..but if it's what I gotta do...

22. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    jairen,
    I've ordered one of those recently. The Echalon Sabre, but got the Defiant belt. Since the Echilon's belt looked to manish for me. I'm a very petite female, the Defiant's belt seemed to be better for my tiny frame. I guess putting a sound board chip inside the hilt shouldn't be that hard. Sounds tech IS quite small.

So what DID you feel when you held that sabre in your hands?

jauhzmynn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.