main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Part II: AOTC Awards Thread! ALL NEW Categories - See Who Won!**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Jedi_Lite, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JangoFettz

JangoFettz Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2002
    curse you jedi lite for leaving us in the cold! and adam, you're funny too!! loved weird al. the second one was pretty funny, too.

2. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    OK everyone now we need ideas for (drum roll) 'The Jedi_Lite Tribute Awards'

I wouldn't have time to host it plus I'm not very funny but I'd help out when I could.

I'll start off:

Best Clone Trooper
    Best Pick Up Line
    Worst Jedi
    Best Line (has it been done yet?)
    Worst Line

3. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    LOL the Jedi lite Tribute Awards?? Good Job Adam... I guess that's it for this thread... it never made it to 1000, no Krispy Kreme for us :_|

4. arabiansanchez

Nov 17, 2001
    I was serious.

We should have a part 3 as tribute to the great Jedi_Lite.

5. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Maybe other things like:

Best Jedi
    Best Villian (Jango, Sidious, Dooku)
    Worst Villian
    Best Droid
    Worst Droid
    Best Kiss

Shinjo

6. Bail-AnBillies

May 21, 2002
    Hmm that would be interesting and I do like casting my vote on awards :D

7. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I can't believe the awards are over! :_|
    If we were to have more awards, would they be for aotc again, or others?
    I too like to vote. [face_love]

8. arabiansanchez

Nov 17, 2001
    I think we should do another awards ceremony taking the entire saga into consideration.

We should also start another F.I.G.S, seen as how I contributed to its locking.

9. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Well, I would be interested in doing TPM awards, myself, and then moving on to the Classic Trilogy (maybe). I've been unsure exactly what to do about this because ever since Jedi_Lite left, this thread (let's face it) has had a lot less activity. (I hope it's not my fault. :_| )

I'd love to do more awards, for AOTC, TPM or anything. But at the same time I don't want to be seen as "the guy who's trying to look cool pretending to be Jedi_Lite", y'know? (And let's face it, if I'm not doing a good job, I'd better not run these shows any more.)

How's this? Let's all at least post rough ideas on what movie(s) to give awards to next, or if we should ditch the awards thing entirely, or what.

And if you want to host, or know someone who does, let us know. (We could even split hosting responsibilities - y'know, "you take these awards, I'll take those awards, we'll handle vote counts for our own awards, etc."

To get the ball rolling, my personal proposal:

AWARDS: TPM
    HOST: Myself and anyone who wants to help, be it to present one award or even do half the show. Hell, do the whole thing if you want, I don't want to exclude anyone.
    FORMAT: Pretty much the same as Jedi_Lite's, he seems to have a system that works.

Share your thoughts. The awards shall live on -- forever!

Rick McCallum loves you!

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    tmp is good. i wouldn't mind writing one award presentaion. we could alldo one. or we could do another aotc. either way, i won't mind writing one. i already have an idea who the presenters could be.if this happens
    this award show was...
    Mr.Burns:excellent.

11. SY-SNOOTLES

SY-SNOOTLES Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    I can't belive Jedi_lite left! :( I also can't believe these awards are over! Ahhh...memories...Monkeys, Waldorf and Statler and the rest of the Muppets......that was great. Now off to the TPM Awards! See you all there!

BYE!

12. arabiansanchez

Nov 17, 2001
    So it's decided then?
    We'll do TPM awards then the EpIV-VI awards.
    Agreed?

13. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    I don't think there's a consensus yet...

However, unless more people start voicing an opinion, I plan to start a TPM awards thread tomorrow. And then, if people don't like it, then it'll die of its own accord.

Aside from my own egotistical self, and yodaminch wanting to write one, if anyone's interested in hosting duties let me know. It's something we can all share in. :)

Rick McCallum loves you!

14. DarthRaptor

DarthRaptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Well, first off, I liked your awards presentations, Adam. I love Weird Al, so the first one was cool. And, the second one was great, with Geonosis insisting on accepting its award and crashing into the awards theater. Funny stuff.

But, like I mentioned earlier, personally, I'm award show-ed out. Now that all of the awards for part II are out, I think I'm done. Still, though, I'm sure JL would appreciate a Jedi Lite Tribute awards. So, you kids go have your fun. But, I'm moving on...

DR

15. Bail-AnBillies

May 21, 2002
    WOO TPM awards.... :D BYE BYE AOTC AWARDS thread!!!

16. arabiansanchez

Nov 17, 2001
    Like I said I'm not particularly gifted in the vicinity of writing comedically (damn that sounds poncey), however I'm more than happy to contribute my opinion and perhaps help in the tallying of maybe 2 or 3 of the awards.

I'll be looking out for your thread Adam.

17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    well i will glady write one or 2 scrits just pm me when the thread is ready and i can start with the presenters. and pm what catagory/s u want. then when voting closes ill be set. i don't think ill be able to count though. ill c.

18. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    To anyone who may be interested in presenting --

Don't worry about vote counts, I think I'll be able to handle all of those. Heck, people can even join the presenter's bandwagon while the thread's in progress.

We can cross those bridges when we come to them.

Rick McCallum loves you!

19. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    The new awards thread is here. Please vote! :D I hope that those of you who stick around for the show will enjoy it. :)

Rick McCallum loves you!

20. TenderHeart

TenderHeart Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Jedi-Lite, it was good while it lasted!

I missed all of the excitement while gone on vacation. I'm afraid another awards thread just won't be the same. This thread died an untimely death, but boy was it a good ride!

21. Lord-Dooku

Lord-Dooku Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2002
    Hi all! Its a shame Jedi_lites awards have had to end, they were fantastic and I enjoyed reading through them and the majority of the award presentations were hilarious.
    I've noticed some of you have said it would be nice to do an award for all of the movies in the Star Wars saga, well that's just what I have set about doing! Unfortunately, after I PM'd a moderator he told me if I wanted an award show for every film it would have to go in the miscellaneous thread. So if you wanna take part in it, pop over now and vote. Click on the link in my sig to get there!

22. Jedi_Lite

Jedi_Lite Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Aww, schucks... we didn't make it to 950, let alone 1,000. Oh well, I order someone to get us some Krispy Kremes in here ASAP!

Thanks for finishing the awards, Adam. You're the man.

And LordDooku - I think you have plenty of votes with which to start your awards ceremony. Quit stalling.

--JL

23. SY-SNOOTLES

SY-SNOOTLES Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    I will do my bit to try and get this thread more posts........as I said in the TPM Awards thread, it's good to have you back J_L, we all missed you very much! Hope you're here to stay for a while.

BYE!

24. monkeynugget

monkeynugget Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2002
  25. monkeynugget

monkeynugget Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.