main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Part III of The Ultra Stressed Jedi Students

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, May 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    What's wrong with redheads, mind you? I want my hair permenently red. Oh, and cali only dyed hers red. It was dark blonde/lightbrown (mine) but then she died it dark brown later. Oddly enough, my next hair dye will be a dark color . . .

I'll post on Sari Ashta tomorrow.

2. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Oh its just every time he gets involved with red heads he gets in trouble. LOL Maybe he shouldn't go beyond friendship with girls until much later.

But nothings wrong with red heads. I like red hair too. I've dyed mine once. :) I liked it but it wasn't me. I have very dark brown hair so it didn't look to good when it was red.

3. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    *sniffle* Cali sure made a sad exit from this story! But I'm looking forward to reading more about your new character, Amidolee.

And Musical Jedi is leaving for a week??? *sniffle, sniffle, sniffle, whine, sniffle* Well, Kenobi Maul, you'll just have to manage without her, because I just can't wait that long for another post! ;)

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    A little on Obi (although I think Lywn leaves me in the dust)

Obi-Wan awoke unsettled. Glancing at the white window, he saw it was light out. Qui-Gon had left, but he did not feel abandoned. No, something had happened outside. Although he was now calm and centered, he was suddenly impatient to be freed of his cell. Part of him wanted to see *her*, to make sure she was all right, but another dread that prospect.

Qui-Gon had said she was not fairing well. What did that mean? Would she come out of her cell frightened and confused, or had she already left the cage? Obi-Wan began to pace, partially for the exercising and partially to keep himself sane. Why must he fret so much? It would only get him into trouble again. //Best not to think about . . .//

The door suddenly hissed open and Obi-Wan knew it was Qui-Gon. The Padawan sighed with relief. "What happened?" Obi-Wan asked, surprised by the desperation in his voice.

Qui-Gon looked slightly surprised. He patted Obi-Wan's shoulder and moved to the bed, sitting down and watching Obi-Wan. The Padawan felt his pulse quicken and he forced himself to remain calm.
    "What happened?" he repeated.

The Jedi Master motioned for Obi-Wan to sit down. "It was her choice, Obi-Wan." The young man sat, blue eyes staring hard at Qui-Gon.

"Sith, she didn't . . ." Obi-Wan couldn't finish his sentence, couldn't bear to think it possible.

"No, Obi-Wan, she is alive," Qui-Gon assured him quickly. "Cali-Ana committed herself. She felt as if it was the only way."

"An asylum?" Obi-Wan choked out, eyes moistening in disbelief and pain. Cali . . . his Cali //no not mine// She couldn't have, could she?

"No, not an asylum," the Jedi Master said quietly. "Not like that. She will have therapy and a home until her mother returns."

Obi-Wan suddenly sprang to his feet, running his right hand through his ruffled hair. He couldn't stay in these walls, couldn't stand it any longer. "I . . . I don't know what to do."

"You don't have to do anything, Padawan," Qui-Gon soothed, watching as the young man traced a path through the floor. His lean and muscular body was tense and ready to spring. Being cooped up was creating a bomb ready to explode. "It was her choice. She didn't belong here. You will be a Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Now is the time to face the future, not worry about the past. Learn from it, but do not dwell on it. The Living Force is not your strength, Padawan, but you have mastered it in more ways than some of the greatest Masters ever would."

The pacing ceased and Obi-Wan took a deep breath, finding his calm center. "Thank you, Master."

They smiled at each other, a warm exchange from two grown men. "One thing I do not understand, Master."

"And what is that?"

Obi-Wan smiled slightly, an almost cocky gesture. "Why, if the living Force is such a burden and nuisance, are you fond of it so much?"

"If I knew that, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon said wryly, "I would be wiser than Yoda. I never can understand that troll."

Gag, I couldn't think of that last part. Didn't come out right. Neither did my last Cali posts. I had in all set up real great last night. But being delayed sort of got my temper up and I just wanted to get through with it. Sigh.

5. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    What are you talking about? Those last two posts were great! Shame that we lose Cali, though.:( You had it in for her, though.;) Seems like, after the dance, you wanted to get rid of her. Seems like a drastic solution for writer's block, if that's what it was.;)

6. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    No, no. This is wonderful stuff!!! Gawd, I could feel it inside reading Cali's decision to committ herself.

Poor Obi.

So *wink, nudge* who's gonna be next in his dating regime? ;)

And what is everyone else gonna say when he gets out? Force, that will be hard on him.

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    The supper table seemed suddenly lifeless without K'vel's presence, or was Jane just imagining things? Hastily, she finished her own meal, then put her tray away and went back to her apartment. She was just keying in the code when Perrian came up the corridor.

"Hello,"he said."Qui-Gon asked me to monitor you at light saber practise this evening. He's with Obi-Wan, and will probably be there the rest of the evening."

"All right,"Jane nodded. There was no reason to go into the apartment now, so she let the door slide shut again, and followed Perrian down to the practise room.

When the session was over and the remote had shut itself off, Jane flicked off the light saber and reached automatically for her blindfold, but to her surprise, Perrian said,"Leave it on. See if you can follow me through the Force."

Jane frowned."What if I can't?"

"You'll manage."

It was hard to keep her bearings on Perrian's Force signature and still be aware of what was going on around her. Jane bumped into a few people and had to stop and apologise, but no one told her to watch where she was going. Once, she smacked into the wall, and she stumbled on the steps once or twice. It seemed like forever until she became aware that Perrian was no longer moving, but standing still. Confused, she stopped, too.

"All right,"he said."You can take it off now."

Jane slipped it off, blinking in the light, then glanced around. They were in a corridor on the residential levels, and she could only tell that she wasn't home by the numbers by the doors.

"Look here,"said Perrian, pointing at the name shield on the side of one door.

Jane looked, and read aloud,"Perrian Thenceor, Jane Jinn. Oh, that's us! Can we go in? What's the code?"

Perrian produced a data pad and looked, then keyed it in. The door slid open, and they collided with each other in their rush to be the first to enter the new apartment. Grinning, Perrian stood back and let her go in.

It was a mirror image of Qui-Gon's apartment, with the kitchen, refresher, and bedrooms on the right instead of on the left. The furniture was not new, but was still in good condition. Jane wandered through to the room that would be hers, and noted the same robust blue carpet as in Qui-Gon's apartment. The bedcovers were different, however, and of course the view from the window was not the same. Standing there for a moment, Jane remembered how she had told Qui-Gon that morning again of her intention to move in with Perrian as soon as possible, no matter where she had to sleep. He had nodded, resigned, then said,"I'll miss you."

She would miss him, and even Obi-Wan too, she realised, glancing around, then told herself firmly it was for the best. Turning abruptly, she went out and found Perrian in the kitchen.

"When can we move in?"

"Anytime you like,"he replied.

"To-night?"

"Are you so anxious to get away?"

"Not anxious, not really. It's just that--Obi-Wan will be back to-morrow, I suppose. Kirstan said she'd invited both of us to the wedding. I think it's best if I'm gone before he comes back. He and Qui-Gon won't be needing me around--after what's happened."

"All right, let's go pack."

Jane folded her clothes into the carryall that Perrian had provided, then stuffed her books into her backpack. Qui-Gon still hadn't returned, so she stopped to write him a quick note, giving him the location of the new apartment and ending it by thanking him for everything. In a way, she was relieved that she didn't have to say good-bye in person. Shouldering the straps of her luggage, she went out into the corridor. Her new quarters were five levels above this one, on the other side of the Temple. Not so far, and yet somehow it seemed like worlds away.

Perrian was already there when she arrived, and turned around to greet her as she came in.

"Welcome home, Jane,"he said.

"Thank you,"she replied, then added shyly,"master."

8. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Word had reached some padawans that Student Cali-Ana Angli was gone.
    Had left the Temple.
    No one knew where she had gone or if they did, would not speak of it.

Lina walked silently next to Cassel, leading him towards the dining hall as she thought over Cali's departure.

*Sith. I had hoped to talk to her properly before she left. I hope where ever she decided to go, she's happy.*

Entering the dining hall, she scanned the place and found a familiar face, sitting at a table.

"Come on." She turned to Cassel, who was doing his own perusal of the place with a look of disdain. "I'll introduce you to Garen."

As they approached, Garen Muln looked up, his eyes lighting up in surprise. "Hey! Lina, you're back from Battlesmear!"

"Hey Garen. Yeah, just yesterday." Lina turned to Cassel. "Garen Muln, this is Cassel Benlar, who's staying with me and Master Leona. Cassel, this is Garen, an old friend of mine."

"Nice to meet you, Cassel" Garen greeted with a friendly grin.

"Hi." It was a mumble but much better than the grunt that Lina was expecting.

The three sat down and began to eat. Lina and Garen talked comfortably with each other and despite her efforts, Cassel just ate and stared off.

"Have you heard about Obi-Wan?" Garen finally asked.

Lina's expression saddened. "Yeah. He's still in solitary confinement."

"What for?"

The question startled the two padawans as it was the first thing Cassel had said since they sat down.

"Dunno" Garen replied.

"Solitary confinement? What gets you that?"

Garen's brows furrowed as he thought about this. "Well, there can't be too many rules at this Temple you can break to get such a harsh sentence. I mean, with the lashing and all."

"Lashing?!"

As Garen continued to explain the rules, Lina sat in silence and watched Cassel's face. It was amazing how animated it looked now. He looked so interested in what Garen was saying.

*Who knew he'd be so interested in following rules?* Lina thought. Her eyes drifted over the tables again until she spotted a tall figure, walking out through the dining room. "I'll be right back" she said hastily and swiftly caught up to the retreating back.

"Master Jinn?"

The Jedi Master turned to face her. "Padawan Elani. Good to see you again" he said absently. Lina could hardly blame him. He had hundreds of other things on his mind.

"Good evening Master. Um...I was wondering if...it would be alright if I visited Obi-Wan after his punishment was over?" she asked, trying hard not to sound too timid. She saw Qui-Gon mulling it over her request. "Only if it's alright with Obi-Wan, of course" she added quickly. "I'm just worried about him, that's all."

Qui-Gon studied the padawan's face and knew she was telling the truth. She was anxious about his student, not merely trying to relieve her curiosity.

"I'll ask him for you, padawan" he answered with a kind smile, which Lina returned.

"Thank you, Master" she replied and bowed.

As she hurried back to her table, Lina heard the tail end of Garen and Cassel's conversation.

"So, let me get this straight...you can't even KISS another student?"

Garen shook his head. "No. No kissing what so ever."

"Man, you guys are uptight" Cassel exclaimed as he looked over a data pad.

"What's that?" Lina indicated the data pad in Cassel's hand.

"A list of the Temple's rules. I asked Garen for one to get to know the place better." Cassel replied with the most innocent of looks on his face. Lina did not like that at all.
    I want to write a lightsaber class scene and was wondering if Jane and K'Vel are in the same class? And can I quickly borrow them for the short scene? Let me know and thanks! :)

9. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Freedom day!!!! :)

I really am nasty to Cali, aren't I? I hope she isn't TOO upset with me ;) Cali-Ana Angli was a character in my first SW story (it was a very crappy story) and I named my cat Cali after her. The Cali in the original story was a Padawan, and a lot different from our Cali.

I think Obi will shy from girls for awhile (or up until TPM *Sabe*) hehehe . . .

Since Jane's post was at night, this will be morning of the next day.

Having enjoyed a night of sleep, Obi-Wan was ready to spring free when Qui-Gon arrived the next morning. The Jedi Master presented the Padawan with a fresh change of tunics and leggings. Obi-Wan shed his old clothes and was feeling more optimistic than he ha expected.

"I hope Jane isn't too upset with me," Obi-Wan said quietly as he followed Qui-Gon out into the empty corridor.

"Why would she be upset?"

Obi-Wan tugged at his braid. 'For me yelling at her. I promised myself I'd by her some chocolate oranges sometime." They entered the turbolift, and as it began to rise, Obi-Wan suddenly had misgivings about coming out of his confinement. Were people going to stare and whisper about him? Did everyone know exactly what happened? Did they know about his thrashing?

The doors opened Qui-Gon stepped out. Obi-Wan hesitated in the doorway, glancing apprehensively down the residential hallway. KNights and Padawans were beginning to trickle out, ready to begin their studies or leave on missions. Qui-Gon paused and turned. "It is all right, Padawan." he soothed. "NO one knows all the details but the Council."

Obi-Wan winced. He had never faired well with Council ever since Melida/Daan and leaving the Temple to help Qui-Gon search for Xanatos. Taking a deep breath, he set his expression to neutral and followed Qui-Gon down the corridor. No one looked directly at him, but he could feel their eyes follow his back. When they reached the apartment, he practically knocked down the door to get inside.

"Will eat here or in the cafeteria?" Qui-Gon asked. "Perhaps the cafeteria would be nice. Your friends are worried about you."

Obi-Wan groaned. He'd have to put up with Sifa's gossip, Ane and Ani's jokes, Bant and Meri's sympathy . . . not to mention everyone else's intrigue. It was then that the Padawan noticed that his door was left open. He needed to apologize to Jane. Creeping in, he discovered the room empty of the girl's things and a fresh sheet of blankets folded neatly at the end. "Master? Where's Jane?"

Qui-Gon stepped into the room. "Jane is now living with Perrian. You may have your room back."

Obi-Wan smiled and jumped fully into the room. He plopped himself on his bed, grinning at the thought of sleeping in it again. Qui-Gon chuckled and Obi-Wan sat up, suddenly frowning. "Will you miss her, Master? Not having her here all of the time?"

Qui-Gon nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, but I am happy to have you back, Padawan. Jane will do fine with Knight Thencor. And maybe you will watch your language a little more."

Obi-Wan scowled, then grinned again, fingering his sheets thoughtfully. "She was really nice. And fun. Even if I did get in trouble."

i gotta go post on my other threads. I'll be back with Sari

10. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, Healer Apprentice Lina, Jane and K'vel are both in the same light saber class, and as far as I am concerned, you may certainly borrow them for any scene you like. In fact, I'm looking forward to it already, so hurry up!

You, too, Amidolee.

11. Kresa Rei'de

Kresa Rei'de Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 1999
    Ummm, yeah, Jane and K'vel are in the same class, though technically K'vel is just there to help and not actually a student in it (it -is- a basics class). Go ahead and use K'vel. :)

12. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Cool beans! Thanks Jane and Kresa! I wasn't sure if Obi-Wan was going to return to the lightsaber class just yet so i'll leave him out for now.

"First class....uh...lightsaber?" Cassel read off his sheet. Lina glanced at it and tried not to grimace. It was the same class she was in.

"Have a nice day Cassel, Lina" Leona called as they left their quarters. "I'll see you both tonight."

As they walked down towards the rooms, Lina glanced at Cassel. "Have you ever held a lightsaber before?" She doubted he had.

"No. I've only done some fencing. It can't be much harder than that." It wasn't a question. Lina held back the smile that was threatening to break her face.

*Oh, just you wait.* She knew she shouldn't take pleasure out of other people's pain but really Cassel was beyond irritating.

When they entered the class, Lina noticed some familiar faces as well as new ones. She waved to K'vel, who was standing off to the side, talking to a short-haired girl. He was so engrossed in conversation that he did not notice Lina's wave.

Walking up to Master Windu, Lina introduced Cassel.

"Ah, yes, Student Benlar" the Master gave Cassel a once over. "We'll start easy on you but I'd like to see what you can do."

Cassel nodded and gave what looked almost like an eager smile. "I'll start as soon as you like, Master Windu" he responded.

Lina didn't bother to hide her surprise.

"Good. We'll start now." Mace clapped his hands and the students gathered to be paired off. K'vel moved to the side to await Mace's instructions. "We have a new student today, Cassel Benlar" he waved his hand at Cassel. Adding to Lina's earlier shock, the teenager gave everyone a friendly wave and a wide smile.

"Cassel Benlar and Jane Jinn" Mace announced. The short-haired girl that K'vel had been speaking with earlier stepped forward and picked up a practice saber. Cassel followed suit. "Bow to each other" Mace instructed. "Jane, take it easy. Start with wide swings so that Cassel can get his bearings."

Jane nodded and ignited her saber. Cassel did the same and gave Jane another smile. "Nice to meet you, Jane" he whispered to her.

"You too" Jane returned. The duel started. As instructed, Jane took wide, slow swings at Cassel who blocked them rather effectively. He moved with surprising grace and after awhile, Mace ordered them to move faster.

Lina watched as Cassel blocked each one of Jane's attacks and began to advance towards her himself.

*He's a natural* Lina thought. Her previous smugness at the prospect of him making a fool of himself disappeared. She was too amazed at his abilities. And by the way everyone in the class was staring, his abilities amazed everyone.

The duel continued in a fluid dance as Cassel kept a balance of attack and defense. Then suddenly, he shut off his saber, right in the middle of one of his attack. Too stunned to react, Jane only lowered her blade. She barely had time to ask what was wrong when Cassel marched up to her.

And in front of the entire class, Master Mace included, Cassel swiftly dipped Jane in his arms and kissed her right on her lips.

Lina stared at the sight in horror.

*What the Sith is he doing?!*

The entire class stared in shock. Even Mace was too stunned to move. The first to recover was surprisingly Jane.

"What in the name of the Chancellor's und-!"

She was interrupted as Cassel gave her a lopsided grin and kissed her again. This time, Jane yanked her head away from Cassel and connected her fist with his grinning face.

Cassel fell to the ground, his smile even larger.

"You are SUCH a hottie, baby!" he yelled. The class gasped and looked at Cassel as if he had gone crazy. Ignoring the looks, Cassel scrambled up to his feet. "Come on, then! Give us another!" he crowed. It looked like Jane was pulling back for another swing when Mace finally grabbed Cassel by the collar and began to drag him out of the class.

"Sith!" Cassel shouted. "Watch the clothes, they're rented" he warned. He twisted around to face Jane as Mace dragg

13. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Lina pointedly ignored Sifa's question about whether or not Lina had to share her room with Cassel.

"Uh..Jane?" The other girl turned to her. "Hi. I'm Lina Elani and also the unfortunate who brought Cassel to this class instead throwing him down an incinerator. Sorry about his behavior" she apologized.

"It wasn't YOUR fault" Jane answered with a puzzled look on her face. "Uh...you didn't TELL him to do that, did you?" she asked after a moment's thought.

Lina laughed. "No, no."

"What's WRONG with him?" K'vel demanded. "Doesn't he know that he can't kiss other students?" He looked angrier that Lina had ever seen him.

"Well, yes. At least I think he does. Garen gave him a list of rules just yesterday" Lina replied. "My best guess is high blood sugar" she muttered. That got a laugh out of Jane.

"Where's he from anyway?" asked K'vel, still looking sour.

"He's from my old home planet, Palamede. And if he's any indication, I owe a lot more to the Jedi for getting me out of there."

"He's staying with you?" Jane gave her a look of sympathy.

"Maybe not after this."

14. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I hope this post fits in with everything. I really hope I don't have to edit it because it never lets me.
    !~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meri wandered aimlessly down the halls deep in thought. She was worried about Obi-Wan. She knew why Obi-Wan was in trouble but not many others did. Of course somebody was going to put it together sooner or later. Obi-Wan in enough trouble to warrant a lashing and detention and Cali leaving the Jedi Temple.
    //I don't know what to think.This whole thing is one big mess.// she thought to herself. //I wonder if Bant's heard when Obi-Wan will get out?//
    Deciding to try and find Bant, she headed towards the lounge where most of the Padawans hung out during free time. She walked in and looked around but didn't see her friend among the other young people. Just as she was about to leave, a couple of male Padawans she didn't know called her over. They appeared to at least be in their twenties. With a suspicious look on her face Meri slowly walked over. "Yes?"

"We were just wondering," With that the speaker snickered and the other two giggled. He cleared his throat and continued. "We know your REAL good friends with Kenobi so we decided to ask you."

Meri's eyebrow rose as the speakers companions tittered at his words. "Well, get on with it then." She replied, irritated.

"Is he as good with his *real* lightsaber as he is with his other one." The male Padawan gestured at a certain part of his anatomy and Meri couldn't help but get his meaning.

A muscle clenched her jaw and then with lightning speed she reached out and slapped the Padawan. The sound rang through the room and all the Padawans fell deathly silent. A younger Padawan slunk quietly out of the room, no doubt running for her Master. Meri didn't care.

"If you EVER imply anything like that again, to ANYONE, I will personally see your butt kicked from here to Tatooine." Her voice was low and the other Padawans in the room had to strain in order to hear her.
    "Woo better watch out Anton, she's going to kick you butt." laughed one of his companions.
    Anton turned red with anger and stood quickly, towering over her. He took a threatening step towards her so that they were very close to each other.
    Meri fought to the urge to step back but instead craned her neck back and glared him in the eye.

"What are you going to do about it, huh? I could beat you easy in a lightsaber duel any day, little Padawan." he taunted her.

"Thats enough!" the command rang through the room, immediately gaining every Padawans attention. Meri turned as her Master strode over to them, his face stern.

He came to a stop in front of them and eyed them both for a long moment. Finally his eyes shifted fully to his Padawan.
    "Meri, whats going on."

Giving the Padawan at her side a whithering glance, Meri told her Master exactly what had been said. "So I slapped him." she stated calmly.

"In anger?" he questioned her.

"No Master." she replied, again calmly.

"That's not true!" Someone spoke up. Anton's friend.

Alex turned his piercing gaze on him. "Why do you say that?"

"I saw her jaw clench. She was angry." he stated, shooting a smug look at Meri.

Alex looked at his Padawan in question.

Meri gave the smug Padawan a cold look. "I was not angry Master. I was merely refraining from doing something more brutal than a slap." her eyes shot suggestively towards Anton's lower extremities.

The Padawans closest who were watching tittered at her words and Anton glared at her.

Alex turned towards Anton, his face unreadable. "Padawan Anton, when I entered this room I heard you ask my Padawan what she was going to do about it. Rest assured if you ever make another comment regarding my Padawan's chastity *I* will kick your butt from here to Tatooine."

Anton gulped and took a step back. He couldn't look down on the Jedi Master as he could his Padawan.

Alex continued. "Further more if I ever hear you speak so of Padawan Kenobi I will speak to your Master and see that you get the punishment you so much de

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Okay, me and Kit collaborated a bit. :)

Adi Gallia stood on the landing platform of the Jedi Temple. Traffic control had reported an X-wing inbound. The Jedi Master glanced over at Bant, the Mon Cal was watching the sky and traffic lanes. A small ship broke from the lanes and descended towards the Temple. It was a starfighter with four wings, two on each side. The wings were clasped together and the Jedi soon spotted the dome of an R2 unit behind the small cockpit.

The X-wing descended, repulsorlifts kicking and settling down smoothly. Running lights flashed white, then blue, finally shutting down. The cockpit canopy detached and rose. A slim figure emerged, clad in a gray/purple flightsuit. The Artoo unit beeped and whistled, then was lowered to the ground. The pilot jumped down to the ground, landing lightly. A black pack was slung over her shoulder and she began to walk towards the two cloaked figures. Curly, red brown hair was tied back in a low ponytail, but several strands escaped and blew in the wind.

Sari Ashta walked confidently across the landing platform, glancing back to see if R2-D1 was following. The green domed astromech droid's head swiveled this way and that, beeping softly as another ship lifted off. The Prime Daughter glanced at the Republic starship, then back at the two cloaked figures. The Jedi began to walk towards her. Sari recognized the Mon Cal, and smiled. The two Jedi paused and bowed at the waist, then removed their hoods.

Bant's companion was a tall, dark skinned woman. Parts of her skin became tinged with green. Sari's own skin was pale, tinged with silver around her lavender eyes and joints. Light freckles sprinkled her nose. The Jedi woman's ears were not pointed like Sari's, but the skin tinging showed relation.

"You must be Master Gallia," Sari mused. "And I already now Bant," she smiled.

"Your assumptions are correct," Adi Gallia smiled. "Welcome to the Jedi Temple, Sari Ashta."

There was a beep and Sari glanced back at Deewon. "Is it all right if my droid comes with me?"

"We don't have many droids around the Temple," Adi said. "But if you shut him down during your stay it will be all right."

Deewon whistled shrilly. Sari smiled and patted his dome. "Maybe if he was kept busy with communications or something?"

"We'll see," Gallia said. She gestured to the Temple entrance. "You'll be here just in time for lunch."

The Jedi turned and Sari fell into step beside Bant. "You've been to my palace," Sari whispered. "And now I get to see yours."

Bant turned and smiled. "No servents, no catering."

"I can't wait," Sari grinned, shouldering her pack. If only she could forget about her planet being at war.

more explained later.

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Those Padawans sure don't act like Jedi, do they? Poor Obi-Wan . . .

The Temple was an endless maze and Sari found herself having troubles keeping her direction straight as she followed her two Jedi escorts through the halls. Several times they passed other Jedi in their robes. So many different species in all one place, different ethnic backgrounds, and remaining peaceful. It amazed her that thousands of species could live peacefully together. On Tessial, the human race and the humaniod Torlos were as separated as planetary neighbors could be. Her father was the overall ruler of both kingdoms, but there were rulers below him, each controlling their species. Sari had never understood why the people of Tessial fought. Torloses were humaniod, the only difference being their shaded skin and pointed features. And their intelligence. Sari's mother had been a Torloses, fallen in love with Andres, and then gave birth to Sari. They had believed that their unity would bring the planet at peace. It had only resulted in several kidnapping attempts. Sari was discriminated as being some freak, a mutant, an unknown species.

But here in the Jedi Temple, she would be away from that until the war was over.

"Your Master will be Knight Rinani," Adi said as they entered the residential wing. It was an unfurnished hallway, but finished nicely. The floor was a scarlet carpet, the walls steel gray. It reminded Sari of a dormitory in the boarding school her friends went to. Well, not really her friends, just polished girls of high aristocracy (sp)that were more bearable than the region daughters.

"Knight Rinani is young," Adi added quietly. "I think you will like her. She recently took on one of the younger initiates for a short time, and we both agreed that you would be most enjoyable."

Sari nodded and watched as Adi keyed in the code. The door hissed open. They stepped into the apartment. Bant made a tsking sound in her throat. Sari looked about the small apartment. It was nothing like the luxuries and finery of her home, but it was cozy and neat--except for the pile of tunics sitting in the corner.

"Well," Adi sighed. "She was suppose to be here."

"Omigosh! Sith, --er, sh--, uh sorry!"

All three turned to see a petite, blonde woman come dashing in the doorway. The look of pure horror in her eyes was almost comical and Sari tried not to laugh. The woman came in and bowed to Adi Gallia. "Excuse me, Master. I was speakign with one of the Masters."

"Quite all right, Kithera," Adi said, almost rolling her eyes. "Your student has been waiting."

"Oh, yes, of course," Kithera said, suddenly smiling. She stuck a hand out to Sari. "I'm Kit--er, Knight Rinani. You'll address me as Master, I guess."

"Sari Ashta," the girl smiled. "Um, Master."

"I will leave you two to get settled," Adi said. "Bant will be waiting to show you to the cafeteria, Sari."

Bant nodded. "I'll be back in about five minutes, okay?"

Once the Jedi had left the apartment, Kithera gave Sari and almost shy smile. "I've never had an apprentice before," she said quietly, still smiling a bit. "But you're old enough to be like my sister."

"I've never had a sister," Sari said, smiling too. She liked Kithera. The informality about the Jedi Knight was refreshing. No one was ever this harried and informal around her. "So, you're the Big Sister and get to boss me around right?"

"Right," Kithera laughed. "Oh, duh! Here, let me show you to your room."

Sari watched as Kithera picked up her bag and hauled it into one of the doors across the small sitting room. She opened the door with a flourish. The Prime Daughter walked in, her eyes taking in the bare walls and small dresser. It was nothing like she was used to, but there was something exciting about it. She was now a girl going to camp. Sari had never been to a camp or school. Tutors and "recreational" travel was her life. Along with all of the debutantes and political functions. //As long as no one from

17. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    Kirstan shivered. The warmth of Jedi robes was not to be underestimated. Peering in to mirror, she finished lacing the soft gown of blue Alderaanian silk.

She could hear K'vel in the next room muttering something about kissing and lightsabers. //I really don't want to know.//

Slipping out into the living area, she smiled at K'vel. "Well, padawan, do I still look like myself or should I change back into my robes."

Frowning, K'vel surveyed the long dress before nodding. "You'll always be you, Master. A dress won't change that. Besides, I think... I think Master Orion might like it."

Sharing a smile with her padawan, Kirstan straightened. "Alright padawan, why don't you see if Jane needs an escort."

K'vel had shouldered his robe and closed the door behind him before she even managed to remind him that the ceremoney would be in the meditation gardens.

//Did my padawan go and discover girls?//

Qui-Gon glanced up anxiously. //If one more person wants to know about Obi-Wan, I may turn to the darkside.//

Walking across the living room, he prepared to see just another gossip monger. Slidding the door open, he was forced to do a double take.

"Master, I think you forgot something."

Staring at his former padawan looking very un-Jedi like, realization came. "Did I miss it?"

"If you did, would you still be standing here?"

Chuckling at her veiled threat, Qui-Gon checked the chrono. "How long do we have?"

"About one standard. It's in the meditation gardens, but if you and Obi-Wan can't make it..."

"If I can't make it where?"

Kirstan and Qui-Gon turned towards the interruption. Qui-Gon opened his mouth and no sound came out. *How can I tell him this after all he and Cali have been through? Love is the last thing he needed to be reminded about.*

Kirstan elbowed him aside. "What did you do to him? I never left him speechless." Pulling Obi-Wan into a hug, she continued. "Hiya Brat! And how is my honorary lil brother? Wanna come see me get hitched?"

The dubious look on Obi-Wan's face mirrored that on Qui-Gon's for a long moment before it was replaced with a tentative smile. A nod was the only answer he offered, and wanting to leave them with a little time to recover, Kirstan retreated.

*One more stop to make. I only hope Kithera doesn't need too much convincing to come.*

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    "A wedding?" Sari looked up in surprise as her new Master gave a strangled cry. She had just changed into her new Jedi tunics and was re-tying her hair.

"I can't believe it!" Kithera cried. "Sith--no,don't ever say that--Kirstan's getting married. In like less than a standard."

"Where?" Sari wondered if it was in the Botanical Gardens, like many weddings were.

"The meditation garden," Kithera muttered. She disappeared from view and Sari heard the sounds of frantic rummaging. A moment later the Knight reappeared, donned in robes. The blonde petite frowned for a moment. "You're coming, too."

Sari pulled on her boots and was nearly hauled out the door by the frantic Knight.

just a small way to get her to the wedding ;)

19. Kresa Rei'de

Nov 9, 1999
    K'vel stopped in front of Qui-gon's door and straightened his tunics and robe. He just hoped that he didn't look too foolish standing all dressed up in front of a girl's door. He took a deep breath and pressed the summons buton on the panel and waited.

A flustered looking Qui-gon opened the door.

"Apprentice Kaelson, what are you doing here? Your master has already reminded us of the ceremony."

"Oh, she did?" K'vel floundered for a moment, almost forgetting why he was there. "Oh, um, I just came to see if Jane needed an escort to the gardens, Sir."

"K'vel, Jane moved out last night. Didn't you know?"

K'vel knew that some of his shock must have registered on his face, but the calm, off-hand way that Qui-gon had said it made him remember his earlier conversation with Jane.

//Perion. She moved out of master Jinn's place to stay with Perion.//

"Umm, no sir, I haven't seen her since lunch yesterday. Could you please tell me where her knew quarters are?"

When K'vel hurried away with Jane's new address firmly committed to memory, he didn't see the tiny, half-worried, smile that stretched Qui-gon's lips.

20. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Cassel sat just outside the Healer's Wing where Mace Windu had dropped him off, telling him to stay put while he talked to his master.

He could hear some voices argueing from the other side of the door, one he recognized as Master Leona's. Cassel grinned as he imagined what was to happen next. Quick discipline and a message to his father to take him back. No way were they going to keep him now.

Finally, Mace stepped out and marched past Cassel without looking at him.

"Come inside, Cassel" Leona ordered. The teenager tried not to show his excitement as he practically bounded in. "Sit down." Cassel lowered himself onto a Medi-bed as it was the only thing to sit on. "Now....Cassel, why did you kiss Jane?" she asked. The calmness of her voice startled Cassel a bit.

"'Cause I wanted to" he replied.

"You are aware that kissing another student in this Temple is against the rules?"

"Yup."

"And swearing is also against the rules."

"Uh huh."

"I see." Leona regarded her student for a long while. Cassel began to feel a bit uncomfortable under her scrutiny. He had been so sure that by now she would have told him that his father would be contacted. "Tell me, did you kiss Jane because you were attracted to her?"

"What?" This definitely was not expected.

"You know what I said."

"Well...um...I guess...yes, yes I was" Cassel replied hastily.

"And when you see her again, do you hope to reproduce your actions and "show her your lightsaber" as you put it?"

Somehow, his jeers coming out of Leona's mouth made Cassel blush furiously. They sounded so stupid. Of course he wouldn't do it for real but he forced himself to look at her eyes. "Yes. I. Would" he stated firmly.

"I see." Leona stared at Cassel again. "You will apologize to Jane for your behavior towards her. You will also apolgize to her Master and when you do, I want you to tell them exactly for WHAT you are apologizing for. I will come with you to make sure you do. Word for word."

"What do you mean? I have to repeat everything I said to her in class?" Cassel felt the horror of embarrassment rise in his face.

"Yes."

"But...but...her Master doesn't know about any of what happened!" Cassel exclaimed.

Leona raised an eyebrow. "What is your point, Cassel?" The teenager tried to come up with an arguement but could not.

"So, is that it?" he muttered.

"No. Stand in the corner for 20 minutes for swearing at Master Windu. After that you may go to your next class."

"That's it?" Cassel demanded.

"Is there more?"

"I thought....don't Jedi get kicked out for breaking the rules?"

Leona smiled. "Not every rule. And you are not a Jedi, Cassel. Corner, now" she ordered.

Cassel faced the corner feeling ridiculously stupid. He'd have to try something else to get out of here.

21. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    "Have you got anything to put on bruises?"Jane asked, coming out into the living room where Perrian was seated with his feet on the table, eating a sandwich and studying a data pad at the same time.

"Isn't there salve in the refresher?"Perrian mumbled.

"No, master."

"I'll have to look for some then. I remember packing a tube or two."With a small sigh of regret, he put down the sandwich and the data pad, but was interrupted by the door buzzer. Jane, already on her feet, moved over quickly and opened it."Hello, K'vel."

"I just stopped by to see if you need an escort to the wedding,"he said.

Jane put both hands to her mouth."Zikes! The wedding! After practically being ravaged by that eejit and bruising my knuckles on his face, I almost forgot! Oh Si--syringes! Here, come in a moment and talk to my new master while I put on a clean tunic."

She raced into her bedroom, not seeing Perrian's mystified look as he asked,"Eejit? Padawan Kaelson, do you know what she's talking about?"

"Um, yes, Knight Thenceor,"he replied.

There was another buzz at the door and K'vel stepped away from it as Perrian got up. Emerging from her bedroom again as she wound her sash and fastened her belt, Jane was surprised to see Healer Leona there and that brute from light saber class--what was his name? Cattle? He certainly had lips like one. Yuck. Just remembering made her wipe her mouth with her sleeve.

"Um, come in,"invited Perrian, moving aside and looking even more mystified.

(go ahead, Lina, if you haven't already.)

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Hahahaha!!!!

Sari followed Kithera through another maze of halls. They finally arrived at one of the enclosed gardens. A cluster of Jedi were gathering and Sari suddenly felt out of place. She didn't like the feeling one bit. Royal etiquette would kick in and she would be fine, but this was not a royal function. It was someone's wedding and she was a stranger here. Already she had lost Bant, the Mon Cal mentioning something about going to class while Kithera dragged the prime daughter out of the apartment.

Although she was feeling awkward, Sari found herself becoming very curious as to what a Jedi ceremony would be like.

"Who is this, Kit?"

Sari turned to see an tall, worn-looking man in brown robes smiling at the blonde Jedi Knight. "Qui-Gon!" Kithera greeted. Sari instantly knew there was something between two, just by the way they greeted each other and their eyes met. But there was also something sad between them. Sar clasped her hands in front of her and glanced down at the ground, feeling suddenly shy.

"How is everything?" Kithera asked quietly. "Oh-hi, Obi-Wan, I didn't see you there."

Sari looked up, spotting the newest arrival. A human boy was standing just behind the tall Jedi. He was busy studying the ground, but he glanced up at Kithera and nodded a greeting, then folded his arms in his robes and glanced towards the cluster of Jedi.

"This is Sari Ashta," Kithera said suddenly, snapping Sari out of her intense study of the ground. "She's a knew exchange student. The Council decided to give me another chance," she added quietly.

Qui-Gon smiled, an almost impish look in his blue eyes. "The Council can be very persuasive," he said slyly.

"You talked to them?" Kithera gasped in belief.

Sari looked up, suddenly very interested in this exchange. She didn't want to be rude and ask, but her curiosity was simply dying to know. The two Jedi Knights began conversing very quietly, their words too incoherent for Sari to understand. //Must be a Jedi trick// Sari mused. She glanced up at the dome and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. They were normal ears, just pointed enough to be noticed a bit. Along with her pale skin--not sickly pale--and silver shading.

"So," Sari said after a pause. "Who's getting married?"

The Jedi turned to her, as if surprised to see her there. Kithera slapped her forehead. "Sorry, Sari. Master Jinn's first Padawan."

"Oh. Who's Master Jinn? What's a Padawan?"

That brought a chuckle from the two adults and a slight smirk from the boy. Qui-Gon smiled. "I am Qui-Gon Jinn. A Padawan is a Jedi apprentice." He glanced back at his shadow. "This is my Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi." The boy nodded his head, not really meeting Sari's eye. She frowned, wondering about his coldness. //Maybe he's just shy . . . or doesn't want to be here//

The two male Jedi moved off then, heading towards the cluster. Sari glanced over at Kithera. "What's with you two?" she asked, teasing a little.

"Who?" Kithera asked innocently, striding towards the thick of the Jedi gathering in the garden.

"Master Jinn," Sari grinned, following the young Knight. "If I wasn't so new to this place, I'd believe you two were sort of . . . courting."

"Jedi don't court," Kithera said rather stiffly.

Sari shrugged. "Like I said, I'm new to this." A smile crossed her face. "Know what's great about being here, Master Kithera?"

"What is that?"

"No one addresses me like a princess, thus I do not have to speak or act like one."

23. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    Kirstan paced nervously. If it had been anyone else, she would have been tempted to carry one without them. //Well, anyone but the groom.// Half worried and half anxious, she glanced up and down the hall again, waiting for K'vel to appear, and hoping he had Jane with him.

Sinking onto a bench just outside the gardens Kirstan listened to the crowd inside.

"Nervous you are. Be you should not."

Surprised, Kirstan sat up and nodded as the small green figure approached. "Master Yoda. How is everything coming?"

Chucking he pulled himself up onto the bench next to her. "Here Nicholae is. Pacing too he is. Missing padawans there are."

Kirstan giggled. "True, but I'm sure Zare is still trying to figure out exactly how one wears a dress. Now K'vel..."

"Here he will be. Happy for you he is." Patting her arm, the Jedi Master rose and headed for the door. Entertain them I will, a thwak Qui-Gon needs. Care of that I will take." Tapping his gimer stick lightly, he drifted into the meditation gardens.

Allowing herself to give in to impatience, Kirstan decided to intrude upon whatever K'vel was up to. //Padawan. You're late.//

*And if he's doing this because he's still upset, I'm going to box his ears.*

24. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    To his horror, Cassel saw that there was yet another student in the room. He considered just taking off and dealing with the consequences of that later but rethought that option. Leona would probably come up with an even more humiliating punishment.

"Master Perrian" Leona began. "This is Student Cassel Benlar who is staying with me for this term" she introduced.

"Hello Student Benlar" Perrian greeted. The puzzled look never left his face.

"My student here has something to apologize to both you and your padawan for" Leona stated, looking at Jane, who was periodically shooting Cassel a disgusted look.

"Jane, Master Perrian" Cassel began. Better to get this over with.

"Wait a minute, Cassel. I'm still waiting for a witness" Leona said.

"Huh?"

"Despite Mace's rather vivid description of what occured, I needed a student from the class to witness your apology to make sure you get it right." Leona kept a straight face throughout her entire explaination.

"But Master Leona! Look! There! He's from the class!" Cassel nearly shouted, pointing at K'vel who was trying not to laugh.

"So he is. What a stroke of luck. I guess that makes it two witnesses" Leona replied with a smile.

"What is going on? Jane? Leona?" Perrian demanded. Just then, the doorbell rang. Heaving a sigh, Perrian opened it.

Cassel considered his options. Killing himself seemed like the best one at the moment. At the door stood Lina with a quizzical look of her own.

"Master Leona asked me to- Master?" Lina spotted Leona amongst the growing crowd. "What's going on?"

"Cassel is here to apologize to both Master Perrian and Jane for his actions. For everything. You and K'vel are to listen and make sure he sums up his actions correctly."

Cassel could see the laughter brimming in Lina's eyes. *Sith. He was never going to live this one down.* "You may now begin, Cassel" Leona instructed.

Cassel cleared his throat and forced his face to stop blushing.

"Uh....Jane, I'm sorry for kissing you during lightsaber practice....twice" he murmured. Stealing a glance, he saw that Jane was looking at him like he was something that had grew between the toes of banthas. "And um....I"m sorry for calling you a hottie and for asking if you wanted to uh...do more later."

Cassel felt like his face was on fire. He could feel the laughter that was about to explode out of just about everyone but possibly Master Leona.

"Go on, Cassel" Leona urged.

"And....I apologize for saying I wanted to show you my...uh...lightsaber." As he finished, Perrian was unable to hold back a short laugh. He promptly shoved the sandwich in his mouth.

"Was that all?" Leona asked her witnesses. K'vel nodded gleefully while Lina just hid her smile behind her sleeves, her shoulders shaking. "I'll take that as a yes. Do you accept his apology Jane?"

Cassel looked up as Jane regarded him thoughtfully. She looked like she was thinking his words over.

"So.....are you saying that I'm NOT a hottie?" she asked with an evil grin.

"No!" Cassel shouted. "I mean, yes, you're, well- I- not a ho-it's- you're- you're alright. Nice! You're nice!" he finally finished.

It was then that neither Lina nor Master Perrian could hold back their laughter. Cassel began to think that perhaps suicide might have been a better plan.

Perrian wiped his eyes and calmed down. "Thank you for that very well spoken apology, young man" he said, still trying to catch his breath. He turned to Jane. "Well, padawan, do you accept his apology or is there something he might have missed?"

25. Kresa Rei'de

Nov 9, 1999
    <<*shriek of pure darkside rage* Okay, we will hope that the server can remember who I am long enough for me to be able to post this. I tried once earlier and it ATE my beautiful post!!!>>

//I know, Master. We're on our way.// K'vel replied to her as he stifled his laughter.

"C'mon, Jane. We've got to go if we don't want to be late, and if we're late my master will -kill- me." K'vel bobbed out bows to Knight Thenceor and Healer Leona, threw a lop-sided grin at Lina, took Jane's hand and rushed out the door.

Outside he paused a moment. "Do you feel up to a little hurrying, Jane?" he asked. "We really are running behind. And," he grinned wider at her, "I don't think anyone who catches us will make us stand in the corner until -after- the ceremony, considering the circumstances."

Jane answered his grin with one of her own and nodded quickly.

K'vel about sighed in relief, then led her off at a jog through the halls of the Temple toward the meditation gardens. Several Knights and Masters did indeed see them, but the conbination of their formal dress and the Temple-wide knowledge of what was going on that day was enough to get them off with only a couple of stern glances.

Leading Jane around the side entrance, K'vel came in sight of his master sitting on a bench just outside of the gardens. Kirstan stood as the two young people came around the corner, slightly out of breath.

"Didn't want to keep you waiting any longer than necessary, Master," K'vel explained. "Go on in, Jane, I'll be there in a minute."

"Okay. And congratulations, Master Lien."

"Thank you, Jane." Kirstan smiled at the girl and turned to face her padawan just in time to be enveloped in a giant hug.

"I really -am- very happy for you, Master," K'vel whispered in her ear as he held her tight. "Even if I don't show it very well. I've had you all to myself too long to like the idea of sharing."

"Thank you, Padawan," Kirstan whispered back. "I love him very much, but I love you too."

"I know."

K'vel released her and stood back. He glanced down at her dress and then gave her a very un-padawan-like wink. "You'll knock him dead."

Kirstan's jaw dropped open and she couldn't help but laugh at her apprentice and K'vel smiled as he watched the tension drain from her body.

"I'd better go in so we can get this thing started."

"Don't ever change, Padawan."

"Yes, Master."

K'vel slipped in the door and wound his way through the small crowd that had gathered to stand next to Jane, and waited for the ceremony to begin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.