Part III of The Ultra Stressed Jedi Students

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, May 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    We can still have a spar!!!! tongue.gif Jane can work it in or I can do it tonight
  2. Jedi_Master_Insei Jedi Master

star 2
    Okay, this is the dream thing that I wanted to do when this night is up, but, hey, just say they take Insei back to the room. I guess patience isn't one of my virtues

-----

Insei jumped onto the small bed that had been dragged out for him. After going 24 hours without a minute of sleep, he had gotten pretty tired, especially after the incident in the cafeteria. Not even bothering to change into the night tunic that lay on a table near the bed, he fell into unconscious slumber.

His eyes popped open with a start, and Insei looked around. A battlefield, Jedi fighting Jedi on a jungle planet, surrounded him. It appeared that the Light Side Jedi were attacking a Dark Jedi base, a huge monolith of a pyramid, reaching over the tops of the trees. The clash of lightsabers upon lightsabers brightened the horrendous landscape. Bodies, killed from both lightsaber attacks as well as Force attacks littered the area. However, he wasn't walking around by himself. It seemed he was following a Light Jedi, wearing the same tunic he was, around. Suddenly, three Dark Jedi, all wearing the near-same black tunics, jumped the Light Jedi, red blades of light flashing. Insei ducked out of the way, as if he was the one being attacked. Yet, the Light Jedi lifted a lightsaber out of his tunic, its shell the same reddish-orange coloring as Cloud City's exterior. A white blade ignited from it, and the young man valiantly held off the triple assault. Suddenly, a voice cried out.

"Knight Katt-Zwo! Watch out!" Insei looked over his shoulder, and the third Sith was raising it's lightsaber to strike down at Katt-Zwo, the Light Jedi Insei was following. However, a beam of green energy slashed right through the offender's midsection, cleaving the Dark Jedi in two. A female Jedi was wielding the blade, and jumped over to where Katt-Zwo was standing.

"Thanks, Jyenne." Katt-Zwo replied as the two Jedi got back to back, holding off the other Sith who were attacking them. Insei couldn't place it. This Katt-Zwo reminded him of himself. The face was the same, the voice nearly there, but a bit lower, and, well, the name.

"No problem, Ashir. Glad I could lend a hand." The female replied. Insei looked on in shock. Jyenne had the same voice as Jane Jinn did, back at the Temple. No, Jane and Jyenne couldn't be related, as much as it appeared so. Probably just a product of the suds or spending all that time with her. Although, the two Jedi in front of him appeared nearly exact duplicates, only older, of Jane and himself. No, it couldn't be. Suddenly, one of the attacking Sith's lightsabers found its mark. Insei watched in horror as it sliced open Ashir's tunic, right near the heart. The only thing that Insei could see for the next moments was Ashir dying in agony?

Snapping up, Insei looked around, cold beads of sweat trickling down his forehead. Only the darkness of night greeted him. // It's only a dream, it's only a dream, it's only a? //

Then he spotted the reddish-orange lightsaber, lying on the floor?

-----
    And yes, I want it to be a real lightsaber. Not an illusion. (Let's get some controversy between the Council here!) Oh, and Jane, it's okay with me if you want the names changed.

[This message has been edited by Jedi_Master_Insei (edited 05-10-2000).]
  3. Jedi_Master_Insei Jedi Master

star 2
    will someone PLEASE do a post? or even just a little "boot to the top?"
  4. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Interesting dream, Insei!

"For scrubbing the cafeteria, brushes there are,"said Master Yoda, coming forward."Need to use Padawans, you do not!"

Jane bit back a silly grin, but her concentration faltered. She was not the only one to lose focus at the Jedi Master's remark, however. Obi-Wan and Insei crashed headfirst into their respective buckets and tumbled to the floor. For a moment, their faces were obscured by their plastic "helmets" and then they sat up, both completely soaked and uttering muffled curses. Removing the buckets, they glared at the four girls and Insei reached up to massage his scalp.

"Insei, what are you doing here?"Kirstan asked.

"K'vel told me to scrub the cafeteria floor,"he replied.

"Master, may I inform you later of the incident?"K'vel asked. Kirstan nodded, then glanced around.

"And the rest of you?"Qui-Gon demanded."Obi-Wan, I thought we had an appointment to spar before supper?"

"Uh, we did, master, but Master Arieh insisted that we help clean up the mess that we made,"Obi-Wan said.

"And to do so, you were willing to let the girls mop the floor with you, Padawan?" Qui-Gon went on, sounding faintly amused.

"No, master. We started having a water fight instead of a scrubbing race. Ah--in the heat of the moment, I forgot about our sparring match."Obi-Wan looked suddenly downcast."I'm sorry, master."

"Well, the scrubbing race can still go forward,"said Qui-Gon."We'll have to spar after supper, Obi-Wan."

"Yes, master!"Obi-Wan brightened up instantly.

"Does that mean I don't have remote practise, master?"Jane asked, feeling at once hopeful and yet somehow cheated.

"I will ask Perrian Thenceor to monitor you, Jane,"Qui-Gon replied.

Jane nodded, considering this. She felt disappointed that Qui-Gon would not be there, but she understood that Obi-Wan needed time with him, too. No, not just needed. He deserved more time with Qui-Gon than she did, because he was the Padawan, and she was not. Anyway, Perrian--Knight Thenceor--was nice. It wouldn't be the same as when Qui-Gon was there, but it wouldn't be too bad.

Under the watchful eyes of the masters, they got down to the scrubbing race. Jane and Obi-Wan tied for first place, no doubt due to frequent practise, and Insei came in last. He shrugged diplomatically, and Jane could tell it didn't really bother him. Then they made short work of putting the tables and chairs back in the right place, and went off to change into dry clothes before supper.

"Master, can I ask you something?"asked Obi-Wan as they walked down to the practise rooms.

"Certainly, Obi-Wan."

"You said you were going to ask the Council to-morrow if Jane could stay longer?"

"Yes?"

"Um--how much longer?"

Qui-Gon stopped and looked at him."Are you asking how much longer Jane will be staying at the Temple, or are you asking how much longer you'll have to share your Master, and live without your bedroom?"

"Well, both, master,"Obi-Wan admitted.

Qui-Gon was silent for a moment, then he said,"I want Jane to stay here as long as possible, Obi-Wan, and learn as much as she can."

Obi-Wan frowned."Master--is she your daughter?"

"No, Obi-Wan, she is not."Qui-Gon sighed."But somehow, I've grown to love her anyway."

"I like Jane, too,"Obi-Wan said quickly,"and I don't want to seem selfish, but our quarters just weren't designed for three people, master! And there is that rule about one Master, one Padawan. Couldn't Jane have another master, one like Master Ruj, who doesn't have a Padawan at the moment?"

"Let us wait and see what the Council says to-morrow,"Qui-Gon advised."Now, do you think you can concentrate on our sparring match, or shall we just go home and pretend I won?"

"No, master!"Obi-Wan protested, and they both laughed.

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 05-10-2000).]
  5. Jedi_Daphne Jedi Master

star 2
    After hearing K'vel's report of Insei's meditation lesson, Kirstan decided that perhaps this was just the right thing to help prepare K'vel for some official solo missions.

"Well, padawan, you certainly don't need my permission to conduct your assignment. However, next time, would it be possible to know of things like this before I find several soggy students?"

Smiling, K'vel nodded. "Master, what do you think should be done about this though?"

"Perhaps you should spend the morning helping Insei understand the rules and conduct of the Temple."

"But Master, I have classes!"

"You are on a diplomatic mission to ease the transition of one Insei Katsuo. You are formally excused from any classes which interfere with this until you hear otherwise."

The relief drifting from her padawan was unmistakeable. K'vel had wondered how he could keep up on both classes and Insei.

//Thank you Master.//

Kirstan headed off to bed and K'vel settled down to decide on tomorrow's gameplan.
  6. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh, goodie, I can do the duel ( I wonder if Obi realizes that Cali will have to leave sometime ?)

"I hope you can keep your concentration, Padawan," Qui-Gon said good-naturally.

Obi-Wan frowned as he powered up his lightsaber. "Why wouldn't I, Master?" Was he still worried about his questioning of Jane's status?

"You've been occupied lately," Qui-Gon said, a slightly more serious tone in his voice than he had actually meant.

Obi-Wan shrugged, knowing the reference was to Cali-Ana. "We will see, then." He grinned at his Master, who still had his lightsaber deactivated. Qui-Gon always started out the battles on the defensive. But to his surprise, the green blade suddenly came hissing out and slashing towards him. He parried and spun away, forcing himself to concentrate on this new tactic.

As Obi-Wan parried his Master's blows and leapt and twisted, he realized his Master was testing his focus on the here and the now, seeing if his mind was wandering elsewhere. The Padawan smiled grimly in satisfaction as he landed from a somersault and had time to block and tricky swing.

"You have improved greatly, Padawan," Qui-Gon said, breathing a little hard. "I see that you have not neglected your studies."

"No, Master," Obi-Wan said, blocking another blow. It's force ran up his arm and he stepped back and danced to the left, trying to find an opening to strike at his Master. Qui-Gon purposely left himself open for attack and tempted his Padawan to the offense.

He must be getting old. He felt his Padawan's blows more effectively than he remembered, and his parries were a fraction slower. But he was still superior to his Padawan. He didn't waste precious energy in flashy movements and twists.

But Obi-Wan had improved. He didn't tired quite as quickly as he had when he had been a Padawan fresh from the Temple. There were few openings for attack and Qui-Gon found himself having to completely focus himself on his Padawan to parry the attacks and clever moves.

The continued to switch from offense to defense, the spar continuing for long minutes, neither tiring. But finally, Qui-Gon sensed the weariness entering his apprentice's body, not quite reaching his mind, but it would soon. And the minute it did, Qui-Gon would take him down.

Obi-Wan's somersault and swing was a little off beat and Qui-Gon brought his blade hissing down across his Padawan's chest. Obi-Wan blocked the blow, but only barely. He stumbled back and almost lost his footing. Qui-Gon attacked with smooth, quick strokes that sent his Padawan falling further and further back.

And Obi-Wan appeared to be ready to surrender. Qui-Gon came in for the kill when suddenly he recognized the low stance and swing coming under him. It was only Jedi reflexes that saved him from the heated blade. He imitated his Padawan's somersault and escaped certain circumcision.

Obi-Wan grinned and brought the blade tip up to his Master's neck, touching him lightly. "I ought to thank Jane for that." Of course, he wasn't intending to injure his Master in such a needed place, but it had caused Qui-Gon's focus to stray.

Qui-Gon looked at his Padawan in disbelief. "Your lucky I was able to feign that move, Padawan."

"Oh, I wasn't going to actually get you," Obi-Wan smirked. "Kithera would've killed me."

Qui-Gon wasn't sure whether to be angry or amused by his Padawan's cheekiness. He shook his head and powered down his lightsaber. "That was a cheap move, Padawan."

"I found it rather clever," Obi-Wan replied, powering down his lightsaber and bowing out of custom. "You almost had me there, Master. Think of it as a plan of desperation."

Qui-Gon just shook his head. "Yes, I will thank Jane for giving you such inspiration."

7. aka Doolittle Jedi Knight

uh-oh, watch out Jane!

Eliza
  8. Jedi_Master_Insei Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey, if anyone didn't know what the battle was in Insei's dream, it was the Light Side assault on Exar Kun (if I remember correctly)'s Dark Side base on Yavin IV (the jungles, temples). Oh, and UPPERS!
  9. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, I have a request. I wrote a short story which is non-Star Wars and I'd really appreciate some feedback on it. It's called Forum16/HTML/000752.htmlMemories. The complete explanation is in the thread. Please respond, it'd really mean a lot to me!
  10. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Maeli, I would say that the Council is adjourned for the day by now, so go ahead and post. I'm really looking forward to reading about the meeting between Fio and Plo Koon. Jane is quite in awe of the alien Councilmember, and can hardly imagine him as a kind and caring master, or whatever you have in mind for him.
  11. Jedi_Master_Insei Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey, Jane, do you think Insei and J.J. (that's what I'm gonna do to differentiate between you and your character) would be able to be friends? I mean, well, they're both outcasts, pretty shy, and so far, she's the only one Insei's been able to confide in, everyone else is too strict, too silly, etc. Unless you have different plans, maybe...
  12. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I think so, despite their differences. JJ is very much a literary type and has a lot of problems with electronics. (In the original thread, she was very worried about failing Basic Starfighter Repairs.) Insei thrives on piloting and messing around with droids. This could bring them together, with them volunteering to help each other, but remember, JJ is going to be a bit cautious about boys from now on, and might be seen to be "playing the field", not concentrating on any one boy too deeply for quite a while. Still, she'd probably like a purely platonic friendship with Insei, so go right ahead and include her in any posts.
  13. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Rani had listened as Kit painfully explained her choice to return to the Council Chambers, and what they had said. The images of their stern and disappointed faces, and their response to her admission came jumbled and erratic to Rani's mind. Kithera had been still too upset to share it with her calmly, and each image carried with it the sense of Kithera's emotions that she felt during all of it. What had cloaked it all was not only the same guilt that Rani had felt about the results of their prank, but also the perception that she had hurt her and mocked her gesture of trying to take the blame. It had taken the padawan by surprise.

Once she had convinced Kithera that there were no hard feelings, and that she had been more embarassed than angry at the Knight's attitude to the Council, Kit finally stopped beating herself up. Perhaps Kit had fallen off her pedestal, but Rani realized now she hadn't been very fair in putting her up on it in the first place. It had taken some time, but all was right between them again. Rani had convinced Kit to leave and go to her quarters before the messenger arrived to summon her back to Council's chambers.

Once again, she found herself staring at the carved doors. Even staring at the images of those noble men and women that had paved the way of the Jedi legacy did little to distract her from her trepidation of what waited for her within.

She had finally accepted the fact that Davin might not return, and with T'lor's help she had resolved to reserve her grief for when that day came that she felt her bond with her master sever completely. Until then, there was hope. Whoever they had found to stand in his place until then, she could only hope he or she would be as likeable or patient as Master Davin Kern. It was unlikely that her surrogate master would be quite as lenient, though, especially given the circumstances.

At hearing her name, she drew in a deep breath and entered. Using her canes to bow before the Masters and kneel as she had before, she stared at the floor. "I have come as you requested, Masters. I am ready to accept your decision, and your wisdom."

Master Ki-Adi-Mundi studied her. "You've been meditating since you were last before us, Padawan Veko." It wasn't a question.

"Yes, Master." Rani wished they would get on with it.

Master Yoda half-closed his eyes, "Good to see, this is. Neglect your feelings, and your trust in the Force, you must not."

She studied the Master's large eyes, and no longer saw such disappointment there. He had forgiven her. She allowed herself a slight smile averted her eyes and nodded. "No Master, I will try no- ?" she caught herself. "I will not make that error again." Rani caught one or two brief smiles at her verbal slip and recovery as she looked back up.

Wordlessly, Master Windu beckoned forward someone from the far edge of the room, and Rani stiffened and resisted turning around. "Master Dway has volunteered to act as your guardian, until Master Kern is found." He gestured in a direction to her right.

Rani looked up to see Gi'den Dway standing next to her, solemnly giving her a single nod in acknowledgement. Relief washed over her as she clambered to her feet and bowed to the man that had been a friend to her Master, and Master to her closest friend for over a decade. She had assumed she would be assigned to a Master with no padawan, but this was better than she could have hoped for. Master Dway was almost like an uncle to her.

Remembering herself, she realized she was smiling crazily. Rani affected as stoic an expression as she could muster, and said to the Council and Dway, "Thank you, Masters."

Master Windu nodded, and then continued. "Padawan, it is our conclusion that your involvement in the incident of last night's spiking of the punch was partially due to your having not enough to occupy your time."

Master Dway shot a questioning glance at Rani, and she exchanged it. Was it possible he hadn't known about the punch? His padawan must have put him up to volunteering to supervise her, but not told him the
  14. Jedi_Master_Insei Jedi Master

star 2
    Okay, could you give me a description of JJ? What she looks like, etc. Oh, and I'm not going to write anything, until someone replies to the lightsaber
  15. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Does anyone (cali?) mind if I borrow Quijia for a little while?. Argh! What is happening? Where is everyone? I mean why has there only been four posts since last time I checked in yesterday? I'm sorry, I mean I know I'm not posting either but people....please...Ultra stressed is dying!

Whoa Kit! Stop being melodramtic!

Post, people, post!

Kithera sighed and glanced at then floor again. For the past half-an hour the council had been lecturing her on knightly behaviour. Frankly she was sick of it, Mace Windu cleared his throat and began on his third lecture for that morning. Kithera thought back to Rani, she was glad that she had apologised to the girl. At least Rani was angry with her....

He should write a book Kithera thought sourly, One hundred and one ways to lecture a delinquent knight in three easy lessons The blonde knight bit back a smile, now would not be a good time to be her normal annoying self.

"Something funny there is?" Master Yoda asked catching the remnants of the smile.

"No, Masters." Kithera said slowly trying to think of an excuse, "I was just thinking of how nice Master Windu's voice would sound in a drama production?."

"Thankyou." Mace Windu muttered awkwardly, "But as I was saying?"

"Enough of lectures we have had." Yoda interrupted again giving Mace a withering look, "Announced punishment now shall be."

Kithera felt her throat tighten and felt momentarily sick. Mace Windu turned to Yoda and the small green master nodded.

"Had you," Mace began, "originally told us that the incident at the party was your fault the punishment, today, would have been much less severe." Kithera felt sick now, she consciously slowed her breathing to give an appearance of calm. "But as it is, your punishment shall be fitting of both what you did and your attitude this morning?"

"Feel that not enough responsibilty you have, we do. Hope this punishment shall make you think before you act, we do." Master Yoda said interrupting again.

Mace Windu shot a look, which clearly said, "shut-up you little green troll". Master Yoda made a menacing movement towards his gimmer stick and motioned the other hand towards Mace's legs. Master Windu glared but turned back to the small blonde knight who was fiercely repressing a giggle.

"As," Mace Windu started looking annoyed, "you do not have enough responsibility because of this we think that you should have care of an iniate for at least the course of the next couple of weeks."

It's not because of that, it's because you know I can't stand children under the age of 12 Kithera thought venomously, she pouted.

"A good lesson this will be; in both patience and tolerance. It should also help you in your lesson in thinking about the welfare of others before your own." Mace windu said sternly, "The iniates name is Quijia and she hasn't been allowed to go on the iniate's yearly excursion, you two should be in the same boat."

"Thankyou, Masters." Kithera managed,

"If work, this does not. A reversal there shall be." Master Yoda said leaning forward. Kithera gulped, a reversal was when a knight's status was revoked and the person became a padawan for a certain amount of time. It was the most severe punishment that could happen to a Jedi, other then being thrown out of the temple. Kithera knew that she had just escaped it.

"We shall see you in a fortnight, and Quijia also so both of you can give your evaluations." Mace Windu said. The council sessions ended and Kithera made her escape into the hall.

16. RogueJai Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't help but wonder where Ani got off to. Oh well. Since no one else is in a posting mood at the moment . . . ..

*sits for an hour, thinking what to write.*

Oops, I guess not. No inspiration, you know.
  17. RogueJai Jedi Master

star 4
    Jai sighed as she flopped down on Yoda's couch. Soft, green, and ancient, it had only gotten more comfortable after nearly six hundred years' worth of various Padawan flopping.

A chrono, sitting haphazardly on the kitchen table, announced that the time was VERY late and that Council should be getting over soon. //Master?//

//Coming, I am, Padawan. Sleep, you should.//

Adding a mental image of her crooked half-smile, Jai dryly stated, //I'm scared of the Dark.//

//Strength over fear. And scaredness of the Dark.//

//I'm not that strong, Master.//

//Stronger than you know, Padawan.// Jai could feel the hesitation in his mental voice. //A visitor, you have. Meet you at the landing platform, he will.//

Jai stood up to leave, the door swishing open before her, only to be blocked by the oh-so-cursed Gimmer stick. "Wait for morning, it will. Here now he is not!"

Scowling, Jai obediantly slipped into her room and a deep, dreamless sleep.

For those interested, I'm thinking of having the visitor being her Corellian Jedi older brother (i seem to have read somewhere that they tended to stay in their own systems) unless someone else has something better.
  18. JediFinrod Jedi Master

star 3
    I don't want to be a regular writer here, but I'll add a different kind of character if you all want to use her. Thanks to Jane Austen for this character!

Father, I will never forgive you for this! Why am I here? And right in the middle of the term! Healthy experience indeed! I've not encountered a single person here that I would touch with a ten-foot pole. And why this awful predilection for homespun? Are the Jedi so badly off?

The incessant clack of Lady Caroline Bingle's impeccably manicured nails upon the desktop echoed throughout the lobby of the Jedi Temple, as she waited with what composure she could muster for her remaining luggage to be brought inside. A considerable amount had been brought in already, and a fort of suitcases and various parcels was gradually being erected beside the reception desk. Just when the pile began to exceed the height of its owner, Jedi Master Adi Gallia trotted into the lobby and breathlessly surveyed the scene.

"Caroline Bingle?" she asked.

Caroline did not appear to notice the presence of the Jedi Master but paused as she observed her reflection on the countertop. With studied precision, she fingered a strand of blond hair into place. Then, after half-heartedly stifling a yawn, she resumed her tapping.

Please don't let me have to put up with this for the rest of the term!, Master Gallia thought to herself.

At last Caroline turned towards Master Gallia and acknowledged her with a slight nod.

"Caroline Bingle," Master Gallia repeated in a tone that was not to be ignored.

"Oh! Did you speak to me?" Caroline asked, betraying a clipped Alderaanian accent. "You may address me as Lady Caroline."

Master Gallia rose her eyebrows at this. The little snot did not look above fifteen!

"This," Master Gallia gestured towards Caroline's belongings, "is not necessary. Your clothes will be provided here. A dress code must be adhered to."

"A dress code? Is that what you call it? How droll!" Caroline laughed affectedly and paused once more to study her reflection. "You must not have heard. I shall be residing here for several weeks."

"Oh, I understand that point too well!" Master Gallia replied wearily. "I am Jedi Master Gallia and will be supervising your stay here."

"Oh good! I have been waiting for an hour at least! I have been rather uneasy at having my belongings piled out here for so long!" She made a slight gesture to the still-growing mound, "See to it, please."

Master Gallia only groaned dejectedly in reply.
  19. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, the obligatory girl-we-all-love-to-hate! This will be fun...How long before we get to torture her and break her spirit?

- Rani

[This message has been edited by Rani Veko (edited 05-12-2000).]
  20. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Kit I don't know about everyone else but this past week and next week are going to be the weeks from hades for me. This week already was. I am SO tired. The past two or three nights I have stayed up till four a.m. studying only to get up three hours later. Finals are next week so after that I'll be back on this thread a whole lot more often.
    Just to let you know that I am NOT abandoning this thread. Maybe the other authors are having finals as well? Anyway, I'll see if I can't squeeze out a post soon. Maybe tonight/this morning. LOL It is already almost one a.m.
  21. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Lady Caroline Bingle, huh? I can't wait to see her on her knees, scrubbing the floor with the rest of us! And not knowing which end of the practise saber is which, and getting thoroughly trounced at saber practise! Glad to see you aboard at last, JediFinrod!

Insei: Jane is average. 165 cm tall, short brown hair with a green stripe down the center of her head, hair now cut in Padawan style minus braid, blue eyes, average looks (neither outstandingly pretty nor outstandingly ugly). Daydreams a lot, and often speaks before she thinks. Does this help?

Interesting idea with the light saber. I'd suggest that Insei show it to Kirstan Lien, who'll probably want to discuss it with the Council.
  22. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well this will be hard to write because I feel like falling on my face with fatigue, but Meri just had a day off from everything.
    Okay new day already.
    ~~ ** ~~ ** ~~ ** ~~ ** ~~ ** ~~
    The next day was back to routine and Meri was up before the sun meditating with her Master.
    After meditations they parted ways, Meri heading for classes.
    As she walked down the hall she spotted Shian up ahead and trotted to catch up with him.

"Hey Shian wait up."
    The padawan turned to wait, a grumpy look on his normally cheerful face.
    "Hey Meri." The padawan said wearily.

Meri gave him a strange look as she fell in step by the padawan. "What is the matter? You do not look so good."

"Well thank you VERY much." he said sarcastically.
    Meri smiled. "You know what I mean. I KNOW you are not a morning person but still."

Shian made a face at her. "Well considering I spent yesterday hugging the great white throne how do you think I should feel."

Meri nodded in understanding. "Ohhh, I see.
    That bad huh?"
    Shian nodded. "The worst. I will NEVER drink again."
    Meri giggled. "It's not like it was your choice Shian. The punch was spiked."
    Shian nodded, his gray eyes snapping. "Good point. I think despite the saying Jedi do not take revenge I would like to throttle whoever it was that spiked it."

Meri laughed softly. "I imagine they are already regretting it. More than half the temple will be a little more than sore at them."
    Shian snorted. "Well do you know who it was? I certainly didn't hear. Was to busy throwing up my insides."
    Meri grimaced. "Thank you for the graphics. Yes, seeing as how my Master and I were two of the few un-drunk, we heard about it."
    Shian nodded expectantly. "AND?"

"And I don't think you should be hard on them Shian. I think they were just having a little fun. It just went to far. It was mostly Knight Kithera, but Padawan Veko had a hand in it as well."

Shian looked surprised. "Rani? I wouldn't think she would do something like that. Hmm."
    They walked along in silence for a few minutes then Shian turned to Meri, a curious look on his face.
    "Say, how come you didn't get drunk, you AND Master Arieh. You were there weren't you?"

Masking her emotions, Meri nodded slowly. "Uh well yes, but I was not feeling well, remember? So I only drank water."
    A spark of remembrance lite his face. "Oh yes, I remember now." He poked her. "Yes I got you that glass of water. That was right before I totally got swamped."
    Meri rose an eyebrow but kept silent. //Swamped? Oh well,he didn't need to know that I left shortly after it had begun getting rowdy.// Another thought occured to him however.
    "What about your Master?"

//Sith!! He would ask about that.//

She answered truthfully. "Well I don't know Shian. You're guess is as good as mine."
    It was true, she hadn't known where he was until he had found her in the room above the dance.

Shian smiled for the first time that morning, a mischievous look ins his eye. "Maybe he was out on the balcony with someone. You know having a little fun."

A startled look crossed her face, then she quickly schooled her features. "You are such a typical guy Shian. Is that what you were doing?"

Shian shrugged. "No comment." He threw a dashing smile over his shoulder as he walked in front of her to enter the class room.

Meri shook her head as she slid into her seat. "Hmmmph!"
    //Boys!//

[This message has been edited by JediKnight-Obi-Wan (edited 05-12-2000).]
  23. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Force Ghost

star 1
    Yes, the past couple of weeks have been busy. I personally have been jumping through buerocratic hoops...I wonder if the Temple requires "Padawan Exit Photos" and all 12 Council member signatures on three different forms before conferring knighthood! rolleyes.gif

As JKOW posted while I was still writing this, please forgive me for backing the timeline up just a bit.

-K'Tai
    T?lor?s heart sank. I?m dead.

?Is there something you want to tell me?? Gi?den asked his padawan. The girl stared at her feet, but made no sound. ?Or should I say, is there something you need to tell me??

I?m toast, I?m toast, I?m toast was all T?lor?s panicked mind could focus on. Finally, she managed to get out a sound. ?Uhhh??

?It seems the party last night had some help from Padawan Veko. I assume it was the Disorderly Duo at work.? T?lor said nothing, but her gaze shifted slightly. ?Well, was it just the two of you??

T?lor found the courage to finally look her Master in the eye. She expected to see anger, but what she saw bothered her more. No anger, just disappointment. She could handle anger. She didn?t like to ruffle feathers, but things usually cleared over pretty quickly. Disappointment meant she had let her Master down, seriously. That made her feel even worse than she already did about the whole affair. ?No, sir.?

?Let me guess?Kithera was also involved.?

?Kit supplied the alcohol, Rani and I got it ready, and Master Jinn did the actual spiking,? T?lor said in a small voice. ?I didn?t realize the alcohol was so strong. I never would have made it that strong if I had. We just wanted to loosen things up a little, let everyone relax. Get Qui-Gon?I mean Master Jinn off of Obi-Wan?s and Jane?s backs. Actually, that was more Rani?s idea, but I guess that?s a mute point,? she added as Gi?den gave her a look.

?But you would have done it anyway, even if you had known the strength of the alcohol?? he asked her. He watched her quietly, waiting for her reply.

T?lor knew the right answer was to say no, but the last thing she needed to do now was lie. Last night, in that situation, even comprehending what could happen to her, which she hadn?t until it was too late, she would have done it. After all, there were ways of managing alcohol consumption with the Force. Master Dway had been very insistent that she learn them. ?Yes, Master, I believe I would have.? Gi?den nodded his head and motioned for her to follow him. He was heading toward a more private location. This wasn?t looking good.

Inwardly, Gi?den sighed. When he had approached Yoda about taking in Rani, the diminuative Master had explained to him exactly why this action was being taken. At first, Gi?den was angry. If Rani was involved, so was T?lor. And she had not said a word. Her jumpiness during the day made sense all of the sudden. His padawan had a guilty conscience. How could she do such a thing, so close to her Trials to boot?

But his anger had faded as he thought about the prank. He would have pulled a similar stunt at T?lor?s age. He personally felt, like some of the other Masters, that the Temple restrictions on alcohol were more hindrance than help. How in the Force were Knights supposed to learn how to drink socially, particularly in diplomatic situations, if they never touched the stuff and didn?t have an idea of their own tolerance? When he and T?lor had been stationed somewhere he could educate her in the finer arts of alcohol consumption, Gi?den had done so, teaching her how to judge the potency of a drink and how to manage its effects. Which, he thought wryly, is why she thought nothing of helping spike the punch. He could see her thought process now, subconscious though it might have been. She had been taught those techniques by her Master, so every Jedi would have been taught the same techniques.

But that was not the point. T?lor had, a week before standing for the Trials, committed a very un-Jedi like act and failed to come forward, even after her best friend had been caught. He glanced at his padawan. Did she
  24. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  25. Rani Veko Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not meaning to sound like a continuity freak here, JKOW, but Rani told Sifa in the turbolift the previous morning that she and Kit spiked the punch, knowing it would be the fastest way to get the gossip out there and over with sooner. I really do like your scene better, so I'll go back and delete/edit mine so she's talking to Bant instead.

- Rani

[This message has been edited by Rani Veko (edited 05-12-2000).]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.