main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Part III of The Ultra Stressed Jedi Students

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, May 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Lurker

Master Lurker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2000

He had to start somewhere. On his way back to their room, Balin picked up Yara?s timetable for her and decided that she could start her classes that day- the sooner the better, he supposed. It wasn?t as if she had a lot of settling in to do. Maybe, if her attitude had changed, he?d let her accompany him to the wedding. He doubted that somehow.

He opened the door and the sight that greeted him made him gasp in horror. Balin had always been very patient, but ever since he had been an initiate arranging his toys into neat rows there had been one thing that could get to him. What he saw now was like watching the early stages of his worst nightmare played out in front of him. The room seemed to have been turned upside down. Towels and clothes were strewn across the floor and furniture, the cupboard doors were hanging open and through the open door of the fresher he could see that the steam from Yara?s shower hadn?t yet cleared and the condensation was beginning to run down the mirror. There were crumbs all over the work surface and the smell of deodorant hung in the air. Speechless, he followed the trail of destruction to his student?s bedroom.

?Student Sikari!? he spluttered. The girl turned from the cupboard in which she was arranging her belongings in a tidy manner that was not in keeping with the chaos throughout the rest of the chamber. ?Yes?? she asked innocently, blue eyes wide, though one still hadn?t recovered from the earlier aerosol incident.

Balin had meant to sound firm and authoritative. His words didn?t have quite the effect he had been aiming for. ?You!?

?Me??

?Tidy! Room! Now!?

?I don?t know what you mean??

?Student Sikari, the place looks as if it has played host to an enraged bantha! How can you possibly not know what I mean?!? He paused for breath.

Yara was staring at him as if he had grown horns. ?It?s not that messy,? she protested. ?It?s just getting that ?lived-in? look.?

?I want this place back to its previous state before you start your classes today,? he said through gritted teeth.
    ?Today?!?

?Yes, today.? He handed the girl her timetable with a hint of satisfaction. ?Your first class is Intergalactic History, I believe.?
    The girl snatched the timetable from his hand and observed it with a look of intense loathing. ?I have to dance?? she asked darkly. The knight nodded. ?And learn to use a lightsaber??

?While you?re in the Jedi temple, you will be treated as any other student would be.?

?And what?s this? High Alderaanian? I already speak that??

?Well then, great, you?ll be ahead in your classes before you even begin.? He watched, amused, as Yara tossed the timetable onto the bed disgustedly. ?So, your first class is in~? he glanced at his wrist chrono, ?~an hour? That?s good timing, because I have a wedding to attend. I?m just going to get ready now and I?ll probably be back before your classes finish, but if not, please try not to burn the place down.?

?I can always try,? the girl huffed.

?Sithly Jedi!? Yara fumed, just loud enough that Knight Darrow might be able to hear, but probably couldn?t. She wasn?t *that * brave. It wasn?t as if the room was even in that bad a condition- okay, so there were a few things lying around that shouldn?t be, and maybe she had been a bit sloppy when she made her sandwich- but the guy was overreacting just slightly. He was going to have to get used to it though, as Yara wasn?t known for being the tidiest person in the universe. Even when she tried to keep things in order, mess just seemed to follow her around. And it looked like Balin Darrow was the sort of person who folded their underwear and kept their socks in perfect perpendicular rows.

Then there was her timetable. Dancing, for goodness? sake! Whoever heard of Jedi knights taking dance classes?! That was one thing she wasn?t going to be taking part in, along with lightsaber training. She had worked way too hard at her own school to avoid anything remotely combat-orientated t

2. Kresa Rei'de

Kresa Rei'de Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 1999
    It could be that you made a typo in your email address when you registered. I've done tht in the past, with this very name in point of fact. The quickest thing to do is to register a new name and make sure you type everythign perfectly this time. Other than that, all you can do is contact one of the admins and ask that they delete the name you tried to register so that you can get it again.

3. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Cattle? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Okay, now hurry up with the wedding!

4. Master Lurker

May 14, 2000
    Thanks Kresa, I think I'll just try it with a new name like you said. If it doesn't work then I'll have to contact someone. *sigh*

5. Daphne

Daphne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2000
    Sorry for keeping you waiting Amidolee :)
    Warning, this is a collaboration. ;)

The crowd quieted quickly. Even if the presence of Kirstan and Nicholae hadn't quiet registered, the stern looks Yoda was shooting at everyone certainly did.

Motioning from his place beneath the wide canopy of branches, the small green Jedi waited until Nicholae and Kirstan were standing before him before speaking.

"Saying the young knights have. Monks we are not. Alone we need not be."

A few chuckles filled the room as many remembered exclaiming in frustration - We're not monks! We do *do* things like that!. Trust Yoda to coop something like that into a *lesson*.

Waiting for silence to again fill the gardens, he continued. "Alone these two are not and need never be. Always connected in the living force they are. Each other's strength they can be."

Unconsciously, Nicholae reached out and clasped Kirstan's hand between his palms.

Closing her eyes, Kirstan focused on the threads of the force twisting and twining about them. The simple ceremony was already drawing them together as no other could.

The ripples of light flowed outward from the small grouping beneath the leaves. Those asked to be witnesses joined in a moment of silent meditation, helping to cement bonds that would never be broken.

As the moment passed, both opened their eyes, conscious for the first time of a new presence in their thoughts. The force bond they shared had been purified, strenthened. The silence broken finally by Master Yoda's closing words.

"May the Force be with you."

=============================

The guests were lead from the gardens to the dining hall. The news of a Correlian wedding feast was certainly a surprise, but then again, those that knew the bride had expected as much.

Dance music filled the room, and the aromas of exotic food made all but the Galatic Cuisine students terribly hungry. While Kirstan and Nicholae proceeded to completely monopolize each others presence, the others joined in food and dancing.

The only uncomfortable moment had been the warning, directed at Kithera and Kirstan, that *no* rules were to be broken. Kirstan might have felt a bit guilty about causing the issue to be brought up, but the comforting squeeze she had seen Qui-Gon bestow upon Kithera's hand erased that.

Besides, she had no plans of spiking the punch at her own wedding, that could wait for someone else's.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Just a little note to let all the writers of this thread know how much I appreciate the time and energy you spend on this story.

You always manage to keep it fresh and interesting, be it with humor, drama or angst.

It's always a wonderful read.

7. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    "...NO rules were to be broken."

Way to go, Kenobi, you've set a precedence!

So who's writing for him now? By the by, I LOVED what Meri did to those smarmy little upstarts! Had it been me, I would have put my lightsaber to better use and permanently remove them of 'theirs'. (if you catch my meaning)

More! More! Let's see a grand reception! :)

8. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
    I second that, Lwyn...

Party...but a careful party. Poor Obi needs some
    time to recover his poor lil heart and mind.

aa :D

9. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Uh...just a question: Who is at this wedding reception? I read Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Kithera, Jane, K'vel and of course Kristan and Nicholae but who are the rest of the students and knights? Any main characters?

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    My new character is!

Sari felt as if she was intruding. The only person she knew was Kithera, and the Jedi Knight had hurried over to congratulate the bride. The Prime Daughter stood on the sidelines, feeling as if she was merely a ghost observing a party in her own house. At political functions, she could pretend to be orderly and sweet. Everyone--even the enemies and assassins--were polite and acted as old friends. But here there was no threat and no need to pretend, just a group of people who were great friends and celebrating. She was not one of them.

//Perhaps I should have waited a day//

Sari sat down on one of the stone walls around the garden. She thought briefly of picking one of the blossoms and putting it in her hair for fun, but then decided against it. Who knew if there was some sort of religious meaning to the garden? So, the princess dangled her legs and let her heels bang against the wall. It looked as if Kithera had forgotten about her. The Tall Jedi, Master Jinn, and her seemed to get on rather well, Sari observed with a small smile. They made an odd couple. One tall, the other short; one aging, the other young; one quiet, the other . . . bouncy.

"Are you one of the exchange students?"

Sari nearly jumped out of her skin. She whirled around to see a girl about her age smiling shyly. The girl wore Jedi tunics but had a scarf around her head. Sari nodded. "Yes, I just came in a few hours ago. I'm Sari."

"Jane Jinn," the girl smiled.

"Oh--there's a Master Ji--"

"We're not related," Jane said quickly, laughing a little. "Everyone asks me that."

"Oh," Sari said. Then she frowned. "How'd you sneak up on me like that?"

Jane grinned. "It worked? Cool. I didn't think it would."

"What would?"

"Well," said Jane. "Jedi can put illusions into your mind, make you believe something that isn't there. I simply reversed it. Sort of shielded myself." She grinned again. "I can't believe it worked, though."

"Of course it worked."

Now both girls jumped. A tall Padawan ambled over, smirking a little. Jane scowled playfully at him. "That was mean, K'vel."

"Why?" K'vel asked, still smiling a little. "Because I tricked you?"

"Yes," Jane said, smiling a little. She turned back to Sari. "This is K'vel. One of the Padawans . . . and a good friend of mine."

Sari caught the slight blush on the girl's cheeks. We're all of the Jedi like this? Moony and mushy? She certainly hoped not, otherwise she was in trouble. "I'm Sari," she said to K'vel. "Master Rinani's burden."

"You got stuck with Kit?" K'vel cried, obviously amused. "I didn't know she could take a student or Padawan."

"Kithera's fun," Jane said defensively.

"But her dance classes . . ." K'vel shook his head.

"What's wrong with those?" Jane asked, her voice rising slightly.

Sari watched them banter. Could she slip away without them noticing? It was quite possible, since they seemed more absorbed in each other than anything else. Maybe she should just go and be Kithera's shadow. Her stomach rumbled and she remembered that she hadn't eaten in several hours. Just as she was about to hop off the wall and mumble some excuse, her landing area was blocked by the appearance of yet another Padawan. She restrained from sighing.

"Hey, Jane," the 'Quiet One' said quietly. Sari recognized him to be Jinn's apprentice.

Jane paused her bickering and turned to the other boy. Her face was a mixture of sympathy and relief. "I didn't realize you were back," she said.

"You were too busy being dragged by me," K'vel said cheerfully.

"So . . ." Jane said. "How are you?"

The Quiet One shrugged. "Hey--I owe you some chocolate oranges."

"Why?"

"For yelling at you the other day," he sighed. "I shouldn't have done that."

"It was a bad day," Jane murmured.

"Yeah, well . . ."

Sari scooted down the hall and hopped down. Something told her this was private and she didn't want to interlude. These Jedi were already turning out to

11. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Well, not knowing too much about the wedding, I'll throw in one character and the rest will go off and sulk. :)

Lina managed to hold a straight face all the way till they reached their quarters. Cassel remained more silent than usual, his face still a burning red.

Back at their place, Leona disappeared into her room as Lina began to brew some tea. She looked over at Cassel's sullen face.

"It's your own fault for breaking the rules" she said.

"That was the point" he muttered.

"Breaking the rules? Why?"

"Oh nothing. Forget it" he grumbled as she placed a cup in front of him. "What's this?"

"Palamedian tea. Thought you might like some" she offered. Carefully, Cassel sipped the steaming cup and nearly gagged.

"Gods! What did you put in this thing?"

Lina frowned. "Palamedian tea leaves and some honey. That's what the book told me!"

"Did you pick off the slugs from the leaves before throwing them into the water?" Cassel demanded. "It tastes awful!"

Lina had never tasted tea on Palamede. Only the reciped one that her cookbook outlined. She grabbed the cup back, her dark eyes glittered angrily.

"Fine! Don't have it, you ungrateful little-"

"Padawan." Leona emmerged from her room, dressed in fresh robes, giving Lina a warning look. Lina dumped the tea in the sink and changed the subject.

"You look nice, Master. Where are you going?"

"To Kirstan and Nicholae's wedding reception" Leona replied.

Lina quickly wiped her hands on a towel. "I'll be ready in a minute."

"You are not coming, padawan. You are to stay here with Cassel and finish your work. It is part of your punishment."

"What? What punishment? What for?" Lina looked at Leona with a confused expression.

"Did I not tell you to drop the matter of Obi-Wan?" Leona asked with a stern look.

"I don't understand, Master."

"Master Jinn came by today to say that he felt it best if Obi-Wan came to you rather than you visit him. I ordered you not to speak to him about his apprentice."

"But Master! I didn't ask him about...the other thing...I just wanted to know if it would be alright if I visited him that's all!" protested Lina.

"You disobeyed my clear instructions to not dwell on this, Lina." Leona stepped over and placed a hand on Lina's arm. "I know you're worried. But you must be patient and just wait."

"I only want to help him" said Lina in a quiet voice.

"I know you do. But you won't be doing him any good by forcing him to talk to you. Obi-Wan will speak with you when he is ready" Leona assured, softly. She moved back and straightened her robes. "Now. I'm off to the reception. Both of you finish your work and its an hour of extra meditation time."

"Meditation time?" Cassel exclaimed.

"Lina can teach you, Cassel" Leona replied with a smile.

//Master!// Lina sent along their bond.

//The other part of your punishment, padawan.//

12. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Alright, I was thinking that since the term is coming to an end, that perhaps it should be commemorated with a trip for some of the master's and padawans (and exchange students). Something like an intergalactic cruise. Relax, see the world, meditate in new systems....

What do you think? The Temple could make the arrangements and everyone who wants to go could write themselves getting tickets to the ship.

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Oh, poor Lina!!!!
    When the party gets over, Sari will have a run-in with our favorite High Alderaan Lady! ;-)
    Is saber class over today, or was that yesterday?
    Ah . . . heck . . . I'll write about that now I guess, and if someone still wants to carry on about the reception, then they can.

"These are your classes," Kithera said, handing Sari a small palm-datapad as they left the reception. Knights were trickling in and out, and Kithera had said the padawans had gone back to their classes.

Sari took the small pad and read the list. "I have lightsaber practice?" She couldn't help but grin at that. As part of her 'cultural education', she had taken up the art of fencing and swordsmanship. She was quite good actually.

"Yes, that is the class you'll start off with today."

"K'vel mentioned something about a dance class," Sari said, finding it on her schedule. She wanted to groan, but Kithera was still too much of a stranger to endure Sari's complaints.

"Yes, that is the class I teach," Kithera said cheerfully. "The Padawans love me for it."

Sari glanced at the Knight to find her smirking. At least she had a sense of humor. "Okay. Direct me to the saber room."

"I'll take you there myself," Kithera said. "Then I'll probably head back to the party. Master Jinn usually teaches the class, he's the best, but Master Windu will teach it today. He usually helps."

"Okay." Sari followed the Jedi Knight through yet another maze of halls. Trying to find her way back to the apartment was going to be quite an adventure. As they came off the turbolift to one of the lower levels, Sari caught sight of Bant. The Mon Cal was talking with a black-haired girl.

"See you later, Sari," Kithera said.

Sari hurried over to Bant, happy to see a familiar face. "Hi!" she greeted.

"Oh, hello, Sari," Bant smiled. "Are you in this class?"

"Yup," Sari said. "This is the lightsaber class isn't it?"

"Yes. Half the class is advanced Padawans, and the other half is basics. We teach the less experienced." Bant nodded to the girl at her side. "Sari Ashta, this is Sifa."

"Hi," Sifa greeted brightly. "How long have you been here?"

"A few hours," Sari shrugged. "I went to that wedding. Now I'm here."

"Oh, how was it?" Sifa asked eagerly. "I couldn't go. Had to work on my meditations." She scowled at the word 'meditation'.

"It was fine," Sari said. "But I really don't know much about Jedi weddings."

"I really must protest! This is an utterly blasphemous waste of my time and energy!"

The high-pitched Alderaan accent reached Sari's ears as she entered the battle arena. It sent an icy chill to her bones and she searched for the source. A blonde-haired girl was busy arguing with a tall boy with dark hair. She held a lightsaber hilt with a metal rod acting as the blade, her thumb and forefinger holding it out as if it was a dead mynock. Sari groaned. "Please tell me she isn't a Lady from the Alderaan High Court," she murmured to Bant.

"Fine, I won't," Bant said.

"Great."

The Alderaanian tossed her head and began walking away from the unfortunate lad. Her nose was pointed high in the air. Sari smirked and spoke loudly. "If it rains in here, she'll drown."

There were a few giggles and the girl froze, eyes flashing. "EXCUSE me?" she cried, finding Sari's grinning face. "Just who do you think you are?"

"Prime Daughter Sari Ashta of Tessial," Sari said primly. She knew how to handle these aristocrats.

The other girl's face fell. A Prime was like a king, which made Sari a princess. "uh . . ."

Sari raised an eyebrow at the dumbfounded blonde. This Snot was now in danger of offending someone that was far above her lowly status. "What's is your name?"

"Caroline. Lady Caroline," she said, obviously wary of Sari's motives. "I'm sorry, Your Highness. I didn't know."

Sari waved her hand dismissively. "I will think nothing of it. Do not address me as Your Highness. Who knows if an a

14. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Uh...let's say this happens before Amidolee's post. I think Lina and Cassel are in the class you wrote about but let's do a time warp!

It was the first time Lina wanted there to be more homework for Intergalactic History. She went over her essay again and again and again. Going over each line and hoping to find some large paragraph she had to correct.

In the end, she was left with an extremely polished essay about two data pads longer than it had to be. Lina could only scowl at the result.

*Sith. Now I have to meditate. With Cassel.*

She wandered into her old room to find the teenager finishing up his own essay.

"Oh, are you still working? Because if you are I can come later" she asked, eagerly.

"No...I'm done." The tone of his voice suggested he had written his essay painstakingly slowly as well. He stared at Lina with his stormy grey eyes. "So......do we meditate in here?"

"No, there's more room in the livingroom. Unless you want to go to the Meditation Gardens."

"Gardens" he answered promptly.

"Oh, wait" Lina suddenly remembered. "The wedding is happening there. We'll have to meditate here."

Cassel gave Lina an exasperated look. "Fine. Just get my hopes up."

"Do you do NOTHING but complain?" she asked.

*Force, this boy ought to square off with that whiny Lady Caroline!*

"Come on" she ordered. Marching into the livingroom, she threw down two mats, facing each other and lowered herself on one. Cassel followed her and silently did the same.

They spent about 5 minutes just looking at each other. Lina had no idea where to start instructing him. She tentatively cast her mind out into the Force and immediately felt Cassel's thoughts come pouring out. It was like a tidal wave.

*I cannot believe I have to stay here and get a cramp while Master is off at a party and how do jedi marry anyway being so repressed? I wonder if they have Andali like we do or if they just marry out of desperation and why is this girl just staring at me when is she going to talk??*

Lina snapped out of her listening. "Uh...okay, first part of meditation is to clear your thoughts" she instructed. She closed her eyes but Cassel's thoughts came bouncing back at her.

*Clear my thoughts? What kind of idiotic-*

"Cassel!" she cried.

"What?" his eyes snapped back open.

"You're not clearing your mind!"

"I am too!"

"No, you're not! I can hear every thought in your head, it's like a crazed carnival ride!"

Cassel looked at her sharply. "You can hear my thoughts?"

"Um...well, you're projecting rather loudly. It's hard to shut them out" she admitted. Lina expected another angry retort or complain but instead, Cassel looked horrified. Like he had been invaded or something. It made him look strangely vulnerable.

"Keep out of my thoughts" he said almost quietly. For a minute Lina thought he was actually going to attach "please" to that request.

"You need to learn how to shield" she explained. "Master Leona can teach you how to do that if you ask her."

"Can everyone hear what I'm thinking?" he asked.

"Only if they tune in. I just did and now its a bit hard to tune out" she answered. "I'm sorry" she added. She actually did feel a bit sorry. It must have freaked him out knowing that his personal feelings were being broadcasted.

"Let's just do this" he said, gruffly.

*And welcome back, Cassel* Lina thought.

"Right. Okay, try and clear your mind....."

*This was going to take a lot longer than an hour.*
    +++++++++

About two hours later, both Lina and Cassel managed to get in a total of 15 minutes of meditation in. Lina considered it a triumph that they didn't kill each other during the last 120 minutes.

But amazingly, towards the end, Cassel was getting the hang of it. It even seemed to be making almost pleasant.

"Do you do this everyday?" he asked when they finished.

"Just about."

"I kinda like it" he stated with a smile. Lina tried not to gawk at his first honest smile. It looked lightyears different than the false grin he had shot Jane

15. Master Lurker

May 14, 2000
    Okay, I registered again, under a different name, and gave a different email address. Fingers crossed...

This post is a bit late, it takes place during the wedding.

The girl dragged her feet as she made her way along to her first class. She had been forced to stop and ask for directions several times, as Knight Darrow hadn?t bothered to tell her where to go. Yara had thought he was supposed to be responsible for her, and here she was, wandering the endless corridors of the temple while he stuffed his face at some wedding reception.

The last person she had asked, an extremely tall Knight whose face was covered in piercings, had told her to head straight down the corridor which, as far as she could work out, was the one she was in now, and turn right at the end. However, when Yara reached the end she was frustrated to find that there was no right-turn, only yet another long corridor to her left. Oh, sithspit. She?d just go left anyway. She checked her standard-issue military academy wrist chrono- she was six minutes late for her class already. Or was that six minutes before it started? She tapped the chrono impatiently. The thing was so complicated, and she had never been able to work out how to use it properly. Yara had no idea why she had kept it. It was of little use to her, and it really was horrible to look at.

Still squinting into the face of her chrono, the girl didn?t notice another figure coming towards her. In seconds the two had collided, landing in a tangled heap on the floor.

?Well, I never!? came a vaguely familiar, high pitched and extremely irritating voice. ?Of all the moronic, idiotic??

Yara pulled herself to her feet and extended a hand to the girl who was sitting on the floor gasping with shock. ?Sorry,? she grumbled. ?I never saw you coming.?

?Then perhaps you should keep your eyes open in future!? The girl ignored Yara?s outstretched hand and steadied herself against the wall as she stood up. Huffing, she straightened out her tunics, and, to Yara?s surprise, pulled a pearly pink brush from her pocket and began to brush her perfect blonde hair. Yara hadn?t thought Jedi were so vain. However, there was something about this girl that set her apart from the other knights and padawans she had come into contact with in the short time she had been here. She lacked the Jedi calm, and clearly she wasn?t particularly patient. Also, there was something familiar about her, but Yara couldn?t quite place it?

Oh no. No, please not her! ?I have to go, I have a class to attend.? Yara turned on her heel and started off down the corridor as quickly as possible. She had given up hope of finding her class, but if it meant she could stay away from this girl, then she would wander the temple for the rest of the day.

?You there!? shrieked the voice as Yara raced out of sight. ?Wait one moment, I expect a full apology!?

?I already apologised!? Yara shouted back over her shoulder, starting to jog.

?Now, hold on one minute!? There was a pause, and in that time Yara was horrified to hear the sound of footsteps coming towards her. ?Do I know you??

She put her head down. ?Nope. Definitely not.?

?I?m sure I do, your voice is so familiar??

?That?s strange. Goodbye.?

?No, I?m certain?? The footsteps stopped momentarily, then were succeeded by a triumphant bellow. ?You?re Shercon Yassah?s daughter, aren?t you??

The mention of *his* name stopped Yara in her tracks.

The girl continued. ?Yara, isn?t it? Why, it?s wonderful to see you again! I?m so sorry about that little incident, I?m sure someone of your status will understand my reaction. Do you remember me? Lady Caroline Bingle? We met at the banquet my father threw a few months ago??

She turned round, resigned to her fate. ?How could I possibly forget??

?Why, I had no idea you had also been exiled to this place! I thought you went to the Alderaan Military Academy??

?Coppergate Treaty Academy,? Yara corrected her.

?I was sure it wa

16. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Could Andali be the reason that Cassel is at the temple? OHMYGOSH!

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    As much as she hated to admit it, Sari had completely and thoroughly enjoyed pulling rank on Caroline. //Serves her right . . .// Sari finished braiding her hair, then grabbed her datapad and shot out of the locker rooms. She was going to get lost and miss her next class, she just *knew* it. Remembering where the turbolifts were, she took off at a dead run.

SMACK!

Sari was sure she had just ran into a wall. She stumbled back and nearly fell, but it was the wall she fell against, so she knew she hadn't hit the wall. Shaking her head, she looked around. Padawan Kenobi stared at her, wide eyed, almost frightened. His face paled and he looked as if he had seen a ghost.

"I'm sorry!" Sari cried, stepping forward. "I was in a hurry and I didn't see you--"

"No,no," Kenobi muttered, shaking his head. "Not again!" The Padawan suddenly spun around and made a mad dash into the open turbolift.

Sari stared after him in complete confusion. What in all the universe was his problem? It took her several seconds before she realized that he had taken the turbolift and she would be stuck down here until it returned. Was she really that ugly to frighten him so? Sari had never thought herself beautiful, but she hadn't thought herself horrendously ugly either. //Maybe he's just paranoid// she concluded.

The turbolift returned and she stepped in, cueing for the level of her Intergalactic Politics class. Politics. Fun.

18. Kresa Rei'de

Kresa Rei'de Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 1999
    Kresa hurried down the hall at a fast shuffling trot. The red-head knew from experience that if she kept both feet on the ground she was less likely to trip. She was going to be late for Intergalactic History again, she just knew it.

Up ahead in the hallway, Kresa spied Caroline and someone else. With the way Caroline was practically hanging on the other girl and fawning over her in that high-pitched whine of hers, Kresa knew that the other girl had to be someone of from a rather stratified social class. With that knowledge within her grasp, identifying the other girl was no challenge at all for the bright young red-head when she finally got a look at the new-comer's face.

As she passed the pair, Kresa bobbed small, stumbling curtsies, knowing that Caroline would whine and shriek her to death if she didn't show the 'proper' respect to their station and rank.

"Lady Caroline. Lady Yara." Kresa stopped almost dead, half tripping and catching herself with one hand on the wall and a reflexive tug at the Force, when she realized just who it was she had addressed. "Lady Yara, welcome to the Temple. You might not remember me, but I met you once at a diplomatic function when I was there with my master. A rather tall Wookiee?" Kresa glanced down at her chrono and repressed a weary sigh. "I'm terribly sorry, but I must hurry off. I'm late for Intergalactic History."

With that the young padawan continued on her way, but not before Yara, seeking almost -any- means of escaping Caroline Bingle called her back.

"Wait. I was lost, but I need to go to Intergalactic History, too. Could you show me?"

"Sure, but can you hurry a bit? The master is a bit unhappy that I'm almost always late for this class."

19. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Last post of the day for me!

"Good?"

"Force..."

"What?"

"I think I've found a weakness now."

Lina sipped the hot mug appreciately. It tasted like tart berries and honey. It was so good. She couldn't believe the food processor was capable of making something like this. Well, Cassel, she should think.

"Good, huh?" he asked again, drinking his own cup. Lina replied by sipping more enthusiastically.

"Not too bad of a punishment for me" Lina said, happily.

"Speak for yourself. You didn't have to tell a roomful of people that you'd like to whip out your lightsaber" Cassel grumbled.

Lina hid her smile behind the cup. "Well, you weren't so shy about it the first time you told Jane. I bet you anything that the entire class will be talking about it."

Cassel only moaned. "Dear Gods, I'll just hide forever. Master Windu will cut me in half."

"Don't worry. If Jane can forgive you, I'm sure he can. Mace Windu only had to watch you kiss Jane."

"Oh, ha, ha" Cassel replied drily. "I really am sorry about Jane. I didn't mean to gross her out or anything."

"Don't worry. She'll get her revenge, Cattle."

"Huh?" A worried look came upon his face.

"Jane's thoughts are not as well shielded either. Your new pet name" Lina answered with a smile.

"Oh, great! That would follow me here. 10 years I spent trying to ditch that name!"

"You mean, you're called Cattle on Palamede too?" exclaimed Lina.

"Since I was bloody eight!"

The peals of laughter nearly made Lina drop her tea mug. "It's not funny!" Cassel yelled. But he hardly looked angry. Just exasperated.

"No..no..I"m sorry" Lina gasped, holding her stomach. "I can relate. I've got one too."

"Really? What is it?"

"Like I'll tell you!"

"No fair! I've been well humiliated, I deserve something to cheer me up."

Lina shook her head.

"Don't make me kiss you to get it out of you" Cassel threatened.

"If you kiss me Cassel, you're going not going to be able to ever whip out your lightsaber even if you wanted to."

Cassel laughed at the comment. "Fine. I'll just have to ask around" he said with an evil grin.

"Back to Palamede. What else other than fabulous tea?"

"Well....uh....we haven't had a war in like a century."

"That's good."

"Um....my dad is the govenor...." he continued slowly. "So...by psychology everything political bores me to tears."

"What about your mother?"

"She died when I was born."

"Oh...I'm sorry."

Cassel waved it off. "Very long time ago. Doesn't really matter now."

"What else? Siblings?"

"Only child. So, if my dad fails to make me into a respectable young adult than his life as a parent is pretty much a failure" stated Cassel with a grin.

"Lovely thought. Were your parents brought together by Andali?"

"Uh huh. They got married when they were both 20."

"How does that work, Andali?" Lina drained the last of her tea and leaned eagerly forward.

"Well, we believe that there is such a thing as your perfect soulmate. Your Andali. When a baby is about a year old, they do a Celestial Reading."

"They?"

"The Temple priests. They're in charge of the Andali ceremony. They do a Celestial reading and then give you a mark. Kind of a tatoo on your hip. That's your Andali sign."

"What's it for?"

"Your soulmate should have the same mark. Usually the priests remember each sign and write down the names. When you're of age they tell you who your Andali is."

"Wait a minute" Lina interrupted. "You mean that everyone on Palamede just gets paired by the stars? What if you and your Andali don't get along?"

"They always do" Cassel insisted.

"Now that's hard to believe. No way can anything be that accurate."

"This is."

"Do you have an Andali sign?"

"Sure." Turning to the side, he lifted up his tunic. For a brief second, Lina nearly jumped out of her chair but he just pulled the fabric up enough to show a small blue tatoo.

"When do you get to find out?" she asked, staring at the mark.

"When I'm 21."

"Are you excited?"

Cassel gave her a look

20. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    *lol* Deja vu all over again! :)

This should be interesting! Hmmm, how will Obi-Wan react to this, I wonder? Perhaps our new friend will be just what it takes from him burying himself in the bottom of the earth and away from anything like love again?

MORE MORE MORE!! :)

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Actually, I just thought it'd be fun to freak him out!!! *bad, emmy, bad* Maybe . . . who knows? I'm guessing that Lina wants a crack at him *winks*

Yeah, does Lina have one of those Andali marks. Blue perhaps?

MOOOO!!!!!! Sorry, we've got cows at my house. Cattle.

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    "I swear it, I'll never escape from politics!"

Sari trudged down the hallways, which were crowded with students. She made sure not to smack into anybody. Who knew if Jedi were always like that? And what would happen if she did smack into Kneobi again? He looked truly scared. It had bothered her through Politics and she wondered if it would bother her through--

--she glanced at her pad. Dance. Ugh, she had to go waltz now, too!

"Hey, Sari!"

She turned to find Sifa prance up. The pretty girl smiled brightly. "Hey, what's your last class?"

"Dance."

"Cool!" Sifa grinned. "I'll take you there. Say, I'll help you pick a partner. I don't think anyone is claimed anymore. Obi-Wan was but . . . that's a long story and we're not suppose to talk about it. In public anyway."

//The local gossip// Sari noted to herself. "Do we have to do waltzes?"

"Unfortunately, yes," Sifa laugh. "Sometimes we do reels. Those are fun!"

Sari listened to Sifa's chatter as they headed for the 'ballroom'. Apparently about half of the male Padawans were after Jane and the girl was completely clueless about it. There was Garen, Ane, K'vel--all whom liked her--and then Anakin, Obi-Wan, and a few other male Padawans. Sifa went into specific details about everyone of them, then launched into tales about the young Knights. It didn't take much for Sari to conclude that Sifa was boy-crazy and a lot of fun.

They entered the classroom, which was filling up with students. Master Rinani was there, messing with the sound system. Sari was surprised by how large of a class it was. She spotted Bant and Jane, along with a few others. Sifa hurried over to them, Sari tagging behind. "This is Sari," Sifa announced to some of the other Padawans. "Sari, this is Ieron, Ane, Garen."

"Hi," Sari greeted, giving her hand a little wave. Ane was definitely cute, but it looked as if he would end up Ieron's partner. Garen and Jane were talking, so Sari quickly forgot about him.

"Okay, class!" Kithera hollered, clapping her hands together. "Partner up!"

Most of the Jedi eagerly found partners. Sari was a little helpless, not quite brave enough to go up someone she didn't know. She noted with some amusement, that none of the males picked Caroline Bingle. It had her grinning and she coughed into her hand to hide her mirth.

"You look as if you're in need of a partner."

Sari turned to find Ane smiling at her. "Sure, I guess. I thought you would be with Ion-er, Ieron."

Ane shrugged. "We both agreed you looked a little lost."

"That bad, huh?" Sari grinned. She looked around to see who got stuck with Caroline. The other reluctant Jedi in the room was none other than old Frightened Eyes himself. The Lady stomped up to him.

"Are you just going to stand there like bloke, or are you going to ask a lady to dance?" Caroline demanded, hands on her hips.

Kenobi obviously felt like doing just what a bloke does. He glared at her, then sighed. "Fine."

"I'm waiting!" Caroline cried.

"Fine. Would you care to dance, *Lady* Bingle?" Kenobi said in flat tone.

"Not especially, but yes." Caroline then presumed to yank Kenobi out to the dance floor.

"Poor guy," Sari muttered.

Ane grunted his agreement. "Especially after she stabbed him."

"She what?" Sari cried. Kenobi's wariness of the Lady would now make sense.

"Yeah, with the practice saber. Cracked a rib pretty bad."

"Ouch." The music started, and Sari recognized the Alderaan Classic waltz. Apparently it was a review, because Ane picked it up quickly and only stepped on her toes twice. They chatted easily, and Sari came to the quick conclusion that Ane was a real nice guy.

"Ouch! You imbecile!" Sari turned her head slightly to see Kenobi and Caroline waltz by. The blonde was fuming as her feet kept getting tangled and caught. Twice it looked as if Kenobi had purposely stepped on her toes, but the other times it ended up being Caroline who fumbled.

"No, no, Caroline," Sari called. "It's forward, back, side, turn. Ap

23. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    After dance class, and another confusing trip through the Temple's maze of halls and corridors, Sari was ready for dinner. She hoped for some more Corellian food, but Bant assured her it wouldn't be *that* good. The Mon Calamarian led her through the halls to the cafeteria. Loud chatter and laughter echoed in the cavernous chamber. It was a cheerful site and Sari felt her weariness lift.

"Most of us sit at one of the big tables," Bant said, gesturing across the cafeteria. "There'll be a seat for you."

Sari frowned, noting the resigned tone in the Mon Cal's voice. She shrugged it off and followed, weaving through the various tables and wandering Jedi apprentices. She was amazed by the abundancy(sp) of species around her. She had been to Coruscant only twice for functions with her father. It was always a sullen affair, much different from the loud and cheerful atmosphere here.

Bant led her up to a long table that was crowded with Padawans she had seen earlier. She began to pick up what circle of friends were to whom. There were two empty seats left and Bant sat down between Sifa and another female Padawan. There was one spot left and Sari sat down slowly, realizing she was across from the Padawan she had dubbed the Quiet One.

"Hi, I'm Meri," said the female Padawan.

"I'm Sari," Sari said, smiling at the girl sitting beside her.

"Did you just get here?" Meri asked.

"About an hour before that wedding," Sari shrugged.

"Do you like it here?"

"Yeah, almost everyone's so friendly," Sari said. She dared not imply it was the grumpy Padawan across from her that was the *almost*. "I had a run in with Miss Lady Caroline Bingle."

Meri shuddered. "She's absolutely horrid. Even my Master can't stand her, and he puts up with me pretty well, so we all know she's bad."

Sari laughed. "Oh, friggit, I have to get my food." She got up and left, finding the food line. She stood behind a creature that bore an uncanny resemblance to a Wookiee, only with white hair. On closer inspection, it looked very much like a wampa. Then the line moved and she took a tray, looking down at the food. Half of it she knew wasn't for human consumption, but then she found some dishes that were fairly recognizable. After filling her plate, she headed back to the table. The Silent One was staring at her empty seat. Sari hesitated, then sat down. He blinked, as if confused by her presence. Then he looked away and played with his food.

//What *is* his problem?// It wasn't like she had run into him on purpose! Then again, he hadn't been the most socialible person at the party either.

Shrugging off her uneasiness, Sari dug into her food. One of the choices had looked interesting, so she had tried it. She spooned it into her mouth--and spit it right back out.

"This is disgusting!"

Loud laughter erupted around her. Even Kenobi was laughing. Sari glared at them. "What's so funny? Why don't any of you try it?"

"Because," Meri hooted. "You just tasted Yoda's gruel! That stuff is punishment for some offenses!"

Sari soured and quickly drank her juice. The awful taste lingered in he throat. The others were still laughing and she wondered if it was a long-standing joke to them. Jane looked a little defensive about the gruel, shoveling it in her own mouth. "How can you eat that?" Sari asked her.

"I like it," Jane shrugged.

"That's disgusting," Kenobi muttered, shaking his head at Jane. "I'm glad you couldn't convince Qui-Gon to make that stuff."

"How'd you know I asked him?" Jane asked curiously.

He shrugged. "I found him green and using the refresher facilities."

Everyone giggled at that. Sari was still a little clueless as to what was going on, but picturing Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn barfing in the refresher was a little amusing. If one were not eating their dinner.

24. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    I love all the new characters, especially Cattle! ;) Great stuff all!

25. Daphne

Jun 28, 2000
    Kirstan stared at the small bag. //Traveling with *stuff*? That's going to take some getting used to.//

Casting another anxoius glance at K'vel, she tried to convince herself that a vacation was a good idea. Nicholae thought it was wonderful. Zare gushed at a chance for some solitude. Yoda had practically ordered Nicholae to drag her away from the planet. K'vel had been rather silent on the issue. *What did you expect?*

Resigned to R & R for a few days, she took a moment to wonder where exactly they were headed. Shrugging her shoulders, she decided there would be more than enough time once the shuttle left to pry any and all relevant information from the pilot and her husband. //Now that word might take some getting used to.//

Sighing she went over the preparations one more time. Insei would be moving in with one of the other masters in the morning and Nicholae would be moving in when they returned. K'vel's classes had been sorted out, and arrangements for him to get in some practice with Obi-Wan had been arranged. Sighing she realized that although using a lightsaber was a skill she was proficient at, her teaching of the skill left something to be desired. Even Mace Windu had offered to teach her padawan in her absence.

Three days off planet.

"Padawan!"

Smiling at the rumpled form appearing from the bedroom, she chuckled. "Did I interrupt your nap, padawan?"

"Um... sorry Master."

"Will you be alright while I'm gone?"

The expression on his face, and the roll of his eyes told her that her question sounded as silly to him as it had to her.

"I'm in the middle of the Jedi Temple. I think I can avoid any major crimes."

Pulling the boy into a warm hug, she lifted her bag as the door chimed. "Take care... And don't do anything I wouldn't do... Wait! Don't do anything I would do either.... Oh, and you live here too, you can have friends over... And Jane... well, remember you're a Jedi... And..."

"Master. Go. I. Will. Be. Fine."

Returning his wave, Kirstan stepped into the hallway and into the circle of Nicholae's arms. *Maybe a vacation *is* a good idea.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.