Part III of The Ultra Stressed Jedi Students

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, May 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer Apprentice Lina Force Ghost

star 4
    When Cassel woke up again, things felt a lot different. He glanced about the room and realized he was no longer in the Quarantine wing. For one thing, he was the only one in the room and the stifling feeling of a surrounding force field was gone.

"Up are we?" Cassel glanced over at voice to see An-Paj peering at him over a data pad. "How do you feel?"

"Dizzy."

"Expected. Your contagion stage is over but you'll have to take it easy for awhile." An-Paj's voice was that of a cool professional.

"Uh....Master An-Paj? I'm sorry about opening the bell jar. I didn't know what was in it" Cassel hastily apologized.

"Better reason why you should not have opened it then, Cassel" An-Paj admonished. "But....I think you've more than learned your lesson" he added with a smile. Cassel gave a shaky one back. "A nurse will be up here soon with something for you to eat."

Cassel grimaced. His stomach seemed to object even the thought of food. "When can I leave?" he asked. "The Infirmary."

"I give it three days. Maybe less if you DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD" he stressed.

"Where am I, exactly?" Cassel glanced about the room again. He didn't recognize it.

"You're just a few rooms down from the Quarantine Wing. The blood tests showed you were no longer contagious so we moved you from Lina so you wouldn't catch it again."

"What do you mean?" Cassel frowned.

"Lina is still in the contagion stage. It's lasting a bit longer for her than we anticipated."

"Oh." Cassel felt guilt weave back into him. This was his fault. He never meant to get Lina sick. It felt all wrong that he was the one getting better first.

A sudden scream interrupted the silence. Out of shock more than anything else, Cassel tried to get out of bed.

"Stay there!" An-Paj ordered as he made his way towards the door.

"But-"

"Stay there, Cassel!" The blue healer threw open the door as the screams echoed down the hallways.

"NO DON'T! Get away! Get away! Leave it alone!!"

*That sounds like....Lina?*

Cassel swung his legs over the bed and staggered towards the door. Immediately, his body notified him that movement was best to be done slowly. He inched his way to the source towards the Quarantine Wing as Lina's cries continued to ring in his ears.

2. juwannajedi Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm really enjoying your posts, Lina!!!! :)
  4. Healer Apprentice Lina Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks juwannajedi and Amidolee! Oh, and welcome back to Amidolee! Looking forward to more posts from you!

The screams continued to increase as Cassel moved towards his previous room. The hallway was tilting dangerously. His hands slid across the smooth wall, trying to find something to hold on to.

Finally, Cassel reached the open door and looked inside. An-Paj was readying a syringe as Master Leona spoke to her padawan in soft tones that were being drowned out by Lina's cries.

"Get away! Ane, please don't hurt him!" Lina's eyes remained shut as she fought against Leona's restraining arms.

"Lina! Wake up! It's a dream!" the healer assured.

"Here" An-Paj handed her the syringe.

"I'm not giving her that. She has to wake up" Leona insisted.

"Leona, she needs a sedative. She's going to get herself hurt!"

"No! Not yet." Leona continued to try and hold down Lina's arms as they wildy thrashed against an unseen enemy. "Padawan, listen to me. You're safe. It's a dream. It's a dream" Leona repeated. Lina's cries were dying down to racking sobs. But she was beginning to calm down.

"What are you doing here?" a voice demanded from behind. Cassel nearly fell over as at the sharp tone. A blond healer who was nearly a foot shorter than Cassel glared at him. An-Paj looked up.

"Cassel! I told you to stay in your room!"

Ignoring An-Paj's angry stare, Cassel tried to move closer towards the bed. "What's wrong with her?" he asked worriedly.

"Get him out of here, Cora" An-Paj instructed. The blond healer nodded and took Cassel's arm. The Palamedian pulled out of the grip and staggered towards Lina who had stopped screaming and was sobbing quietly in Leona's arms. He nearly ran into the still active force-field. "Cassel, get out!" An-Paj repeated.

"Is she alright?" he asked again.

"Cassel!" An-Paj grabbed his shoulder.

"She'll be fine, Cassel" Leona assured, looking up at the anxious grey eyes. "Go with Master Cora."

Cassel hesitated as Cora took his arm again to lead him out. "Go on" Leona urged. "I'll speak with you later" she promised.

Before Cora all but dragged him out, he glanced back at Lina who was being gently lowered back on her pillow. Her crying had ceased and she had fallen back into an exhausted sleep.
  5. JediFinrod Jedi Master

star 3
    Lina, your posts are quite addictive!

I'm glad you're back, Amidolee and Musical Jedi!

(And MJ, I hope you get over that writer's block soon! :))
  6. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't remember if Starfighter came before or after katas, oh well, sue me if this is out of order. I only have about $12 on me, so it's not worth it. Court costs, lawyer bills, it'll just take it all away.

*Oh, he SO didn't pair me up with her!*

Sari stared helplessly as Master Arieh read off the pairs. Her day had been looking much brighter and then she had to get paired with Caroline Bingle! Were the gods angry with her?

"Ugh, I refuse to get under some . . . machine! I am a lady of Alderaan and should not be subjected to such perposterous activities that droids could handle perfectly well!"

Sari groaned and Master Arieh suppressed and eye-roll. "We've been through this time and again, Student Bingle. I am sure Student Ashta will not dump fuel over you like Jane and K'vel."

The princess nearly burst into a fit of giggles. She would have to congratulate Jane when she got the chance. Glancing around, she caught sight of the girl busy at work on one of the starfighters with K'vel. Then Sari turned back to the problem at hand. A very big problem. She walked up to the Snot and the handsome Master.

"Excuse me, Caro," Sari said sweetly. "But I believe there is a starfighter that is in need of dire repairs. Why don't you inform me about the latest news of the High Court while we work? I'm *dying* to hear all about it!"

Alex raised an eyebrow at Sari, then an appreciative nod. Caroline seemed to consider this, then nodded in a resigned manner. "Well, I still don't expect to get my new manicure more damaged than what can be compensated for."

"Great!" Sari grabbed the girl's arm and dragged her off towards the old starfighter. She fished about for her tools, then crawled under the starfighter and began searching for the problem. Caroline launched into her extremely detailed tale of her debut to the royal court and other such nothingness. Sari would grunt a comment, which encouraged the girl to keep talking.

The starfighter's couplings were all but gone and some of the electircal lines were frayed. Easy enough to replace. Sari crawled back out.

" . . . and the Organas, let me tell you what an odessey they are--"

"Hold that thought," Sari interrupted. "I have to go get some couplings and tape."

Caroline shrugged and studied her nails until Sari returned, then launched back to her chatter. Sari set to work on the fighter, returning to her grunting and concentration. By the time she had the couplings replaced and was beginning on the frayed wires, Master Arieh called for the end of the class. Sari rolled the tape-wire up and crawled out.

"My gods, Princess! You look horrendous!" Caroline cried, face aghast.

Sari looked herself over, noting the grime and grease streaking her tunics. Probably her face and hair had fallen victim to the old fighter's kinks. She shrugged. "I must make sacrifices," she said airily. "I truly enjoyed your wonderful regail, Lady Caroline, but I must shower and cleanse myself."

"I understand completely," Caroline said. "I feel as if can't keep clean enough in this horrendous place."

"Right." Sari tried not to snicker as she grabbed on of the towels on Arieh's desk. She wiped most of the grime off her hands, then hurried out of the hangar towards the residential wing.

She made it to the turblift, catching one about to go up. Ane and another Padawan --Garen, she thought-- were chatting as she dashed in.

"Look who's the mechanic," Ane greeted cheerfully. He smiled at Sari as she leaned against one wall. "How's starfighter repair's?"

"Extremely wonderful and exhilarating," Sari said dryly. She grinned at him. "Where're you all headed?" She took note of only one tunic on each Padawan and the shorts.

"The lake for a swim," Ane said. "Want to come?"

"I may pollute the water," Sari laughed. "I didn't know there was a lake here."

"Yup. So, get cleaned up and come on down."

"I don't have a suit," Sari shrugged. Sari raised an eyebrow at him and smirked. "But you wouldn't have
  7. Kresa Rei'de Jedi Knight

star 2
    :) That was great but I have a couple of eensy-weensy corrections for that last post. I hope you don't mind. K'vel was not involved in the whole fuel dump thing. That was Insei, and K'vel isn't in Starfighter repair. Other than the exchange students, the rest of the class is all 8 or 9 years old. K'vel's long since passed that one. :)
  8. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    Obi-Wan shuffled into the apartment, searching for Qui-Gon. He found his Master seated at the kitchen table, sipping hot tea. Obi-Wan plopped down in the other chair and watched his Master for a moment.

"What is it, Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon asked curiously. The boy seemed to be in a peculiar mood, stuk between brooding and relief, and happy and confused over something else.

The boy's brow furrowed for a moment, then he blurted it out, "Can I be friends with a girl without falling for her, Master?"

Qui-Gon wasn't sure whether to laugh or not. He finished his tea and then gave his apprentice another curious look. "You have an awful lot of female friends, Padawan, which is good. Why are you suddenly worried? Is it Meri? Do you have feelings for her now?"

"No!" Obi-Wan cried, horrified and amused.

"Jane?"

"No! Master, she thinks I'm weird."

"Everyone thinks you're weird, Padawan."

"Master!" Obi-Wan cried in exasperation. "I'm serious. No, I don't have feelings for anyone . . . especially any of my friends. I mean, Jane's Jane, Meri's tak--er, isn't for me, and well, Bant's a fish." He sighed. "I can't imagine living someone else, Master, but I want to make sure I can be friends without . . . you know . . ."

Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon, not pleased to find his master torn between amusement and concern. "There's this new girl that seems to be copying *her*. She's got red hair, ran into me on our first meeting, sat in *her* chair and is now using *her* lightsaber." Obi-Wan looked down at his hands. "I almost called her Cal today. And I've been really rude to her. Bant made me apologize, which I did. Then today she was really nice and kind of fun." He looked back up at Qui-Gon. "I want to be friends, but I'm scared, Master. What if she turns out just like *her*?"

"Has this girl given any indication of her intentions?"

"no," Obi-Wan frowned. "We've barely talked to each other."

"What are your intentions?" Qui-Gon asked.

"Nothing, I guess." Obi-Wan rubbed his forehead. "You should have seen me, Master. I was acting like an initiate who still believes in coodies."

Qui-Gon chuckled and got up to pat Obi-Wan's shoulder. "Here's a little secret, Padawan. Girls DO have coodies."

Obi-Wan groaned and Qui-Gon left the room chuckling.
  9. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    oops *blushes a terrible shade of red*

Um, well, then it was Insei, Sari was just confused (being new and all) and um, yeah Jane, Caro, and Sari are the older students. Right, there we go.
  10. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    *************TEMPLE NOTICE*****************

Masters and Knights:

Due to the recent disregards of the Temple Code rule #23BK, alternations have been made.

1. Inform your Padawan Learner of these alternations (note: alternations may still change)

2. Sexual conduct is still prohibited among Padawans. Masters and Knights are to respect this rule accordingly.

3. Public Display of Affection will only be tolerated at low degrees. Severe displays will be sought to immediately.

4. Punishment for disobedience will still be a thrashing and solitary confinement.

5. Rules and code may still change.

Kithera read through the rest of the notice. She groaned at the last paragraph for the masters. She was obligated to discuss the reproduction process and sex with her student, aka the consequences. It was never the most fun thing to discuss with a practical stranger. She was surprised kissing was allowed . . . well, only a very low-key form and not in public eye. If a Padawan was in the act, he or she must inform their Masters that they were indeed exchanging their affection for another.

"Yes, I'm sure the rules will change," Kithera muttered. It was a hot dispute among the adults of the Temple. The non-human species were rather bored with the whole thing, unable to understand the needs of the human soul and body.

"What's that?" Sari asked, hopping up on the counter in a very unlady-like manner and taking a bite out of her muja fruit.

"A Temple notice," Kithera sighed. "We're going to have one of *those talks*."

Sari frowned, chewing thoughtfully. "What kind?"

The Jedi Knight looked up sharply, staring at the curious girl. Did she not know, even at her age? "You know, 'when a man and a woman love each other very much, and they want to express their love--"

Sari held up her hand. "Stop. I know all about that. Nana explained it to me long ago." She took another bite out of her fruit. "What's the big deal about it around here? I mean, I'm under an oath and all, but it's a huge topic around this place."

Kithera sighed. "A long story. Kissing and sex is not allowed in the Temple, but temptation can be very strong. Many believe the Council is too strict, and the Padawans should at least be allowed to kiss. Others think not at all. Frankly, I think the Council should be lenient on several matters . . ."

Sari listened, wondering briefly back to katas class. Was that why Obi-Wan had been so afraid to just touch her, even if it was just to help her? Or was there something else behind his demeanor? She shrugged it off and took another bite out of her fruit.
  11. Healer Apprentice Lina Force Ghost

star 4
    QUOTE: "Everyone thinks you're wierd, padawan."
    HAHAHAA!!
    I'm not sure how time wise things are running but oh, well....I'll just write.

While it was a known fact that Sifa was the biggest gossip at the Temple, her information was usually incredibly accurate. Knowing this, the table of padawans at lunch cringed when they heard that Lina and Cassel were stuck in quarantine together.
    "Master An-Paj must be ready to gag them both by now" Ane said.

"Either that or sedate them until they have no clue where they are or who they're with anymore." Sifa bit back a laugh at Garen's deadpan comment.

"What's wrong exactly with this Cassel?" Sari asked.

"It'll be faster to mention what's not wrong with him." Ane muttered.

"That bad?" Sari looked incredulous.

"Consider him the male counterpart to our beloved Lady Bingle." That got a grimace out of both Sari and Obi-Wan.

"He's not THAT bad!" Bant defended. "At least he didn't try and stab Lina with a practice saber." She glanced over at Obi-Wan. "In any case, I'm going to visit Lina tomorrow."

"I'll come" Garen offered.

"Me too. It'll be a nice change to visit the infirmary without the fear that the healers are going to try and keep me there" said Obi-Wan.
    ++++++++++

Master Cora dropped off Cassel back in his room and told him to get some sleep. It was more an order than a suggestion. Cassel did the preliminary steps in trying to get to sleep and even closed his eyes. But after about an hour of tossing and turning he knew it was pointless. He quickly switched on the lights and noticed the data pads stacked next to his bed. Sifting through them, he found and read the message from his father again.
    *The Alderaan Military Academy. A perfect threat.*
    It was amazing. His father hardly ever spoke to him and yet he knew exactly what would torture Cassel the most.

*This place....really isn't so bad, Cassel.*

Lina's previous words drifted back. The guilt inside Cassel doubled. He remembered the first time he had actually enjoyed himself a little bit at this place. Lina had just finished teaching him how to meditate. They had been so friendly with each other and the very next day he had acted like the world's biggest jerk. And even after the fact that he infected her with the flu she still tried to make him feel better after he got the message from his father.

*She was always trying to be so nice to me.*

"Cassel?" A soft knock alerted him to Master Leona's presence. "You should be sleeping" she admonished lightly as she sat down next his bed.

"Is Lina okay?" he asked quickly.

"She's sleeping for the moment. Her fever is causing her to have some nightmares."

Cassel studied the healer's face. Her voice remained light but he could see the lines of concern etched in her face.

"I'm sorry, Master Leona" he blurted out suddenly.

"For what?"

"For getting Lina sick. I'm sorry I released that flu." Cassel didn't bother to hide the despair that was creeping up in his voice.

"That was an accident, Cassel." Leona kindly replied.

"No, it wasn't! Lina warned me not to open the jar and I did it anyway just so that..." his voice trailed off.

"So that you would be expelled and go home" Leona finished. Cassel nodded, miserably with his eyes glued to his folded hands. He felt Leona gently brush back his hair from his forehead. "It's alright, Cassel. You know what you did is wrong. And I believe you are sorry for your actions. You are forgiven."

Cassel wasn't sure if forgiveness was what he was after with his apology. Leona's words made him feel a bit better but the guilt was still heavy inside him, along with his anxiety.

"Is she going to be okay?" he asked quietly.

Leona smiled at the teenager's concern. "I'm sure she will be" assured the healer. "Now, will you be alright alone?"

Cassel nodded, though a small part of his mind asked him to rethink his answer. But he squashed it down. He could sense how much Leona wanted to go back and sit with her padawan. The small healer left, telling Cassel to call should
  12. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    Poor Lina!!!!!

Oh, yes, Sari's full name is Sariannalynn Ashta, but she hates it so it's just Sari to everyone else. A mouth full, I know ;-p and a nuisance to type! But I'll be using her full name in some posts, so this is not to confuse you.

Guess what I getta do 2nite?
    Go in front of the school board and get my school permit :)

Sorry, it's about the only cool thing happening around here--besides working on my site and you awesome people. Speaking of which, if you want one of your stories archived, please visit my site!!! I only have most of Portrait up there and I want some vareity!!!
  13. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4
    Woo Hoo! Great to have you guys back.....and with so many good posts!! I really like the realistic way Obi is handling himself around Sari. And his conversation with Qui-Gon was hilarious!

can't wait for more

aa :D
  14. Jedi_Master_Insei Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey, I finally got on today, and I'm glad someone stuck up for little ol' me by reminding that *Insei* was one of the main perpetrators of the fuel incident! Hehehehe HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAH! Oops. Sorry. My evil personality got a hold again. Hmmmmm... what to write... what to write...
  15. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd like to second Insei....

Though only about wondering what to write....

Thanks for clarifying the stance on affection, Kit! That will prove very helpful!
  16. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    I got this idea, but it won't work for awhile . . . sigh. Oh yeah, my school board sucks. Because I'm not involved in any sports (doctors orders, no ACL ligament in left knee) I don't get my school permit for a long while. Skrew the jocks I say! (um, no offense to anyone that is involved in sports and don't take this, uh, to literally) Makes me ticked off because I would love to play volleyball and basketball again, but well, I can't. Our school's too prejudice >:-(

Sigh. What to write, what to write?
  17. Amidolee Force Ghost

star 5
    Sari sat at her desk in the small bedroom she had been given. Her nails drummed the desk as she stared at the wall in thought. Her red brown hair was wet and pulled back in a low ponytail, the curls beginning to dry and fall into their usual frenzy. Her lavender eyes stared at the blank wall, unseeing.

Her father still hadn't contacted her, hadn't given a breath of news. What else was she to think but that he had been captured? Or even . . . She dared not finish that thought. It was too painful. Sari's mother had died when she was four. Although she had been young, Sari still remembered her voice, images, and stories told. It took several years before King Andres seemed to take notice of his daughter. By then, Sari had grown into a defensive, prim, and educated girl, but it didn't take long for her to warm up to her father. And to find his love in fast ships. Sari loved flying, especially trying out new models, like the X-wing she had flown to the Temple.

Sighing, Sari snapped out of her daze and realized that it was late in the night. Kithera was probably long asleep. She wasn't tired at all. Coming to a quick decision, Sari grabbed her purple nightcloak from her bed and pulled it around her shoulders, hiding her night tunic and shorts.
    /// Oh, I dearly wish you'd wear your silk nightgown, Mistress///

She smiled softly in memory of her maid's voice. No, silk wasn't for her, well except for this cloak. She loved her cloak. The princess padded out into the dark living room, barefoot and silent. Then she keyed the door and slipped out.

The hall outside the apartment was dimly lit by night setting. She was surprised by the peace and quiet of the residential wing. Everyone was asleep but her, the only sounds were of distant waterfalls and the almost inaudible humming of the air cooling system. The small pools of light from the illumination banks reminded her of the burning torches outside her palace, of warm, cozy nights filled with laughter and music. Of curling up against the ancient hearth and reading one of the old legend tales written on scrolls. Everything reminded her of home.

*Don't get homesick now*

Sari padded down the long hall, glancing at the nameplates as she passed. There was Sifa and her Master, about five doors down; Meri and Alex Arieh, about ten doors; Ane and Master Yuki (yucky?); the list was endless. She hadn't known there were this many Jedi in the Order. About ten thousand Bant had said. It seemed like an awesome number, but when compared to the millions of systems and planets, it was extremely feeble.

She came to the turbolifts and took the lift up, pushing the highest button. When the doors opened, she found herself in a small room. A door opened, leading to a small staircase. Sari took it, finding yet another door. It opened for her. A blast of cold, stiff wind hit her, almost knocking her back against the door. She swallowed nervously and stepped out onto the observation deck. Coruscant stretched below her in all of it's artificial splendor. Railing and barriers ran around the deck and roof, keeping her from getting knocked off by the assault of wind. Her cloaked wiped around her, snapping and becoming alive.

The night sky was aglow with stars and starship's. The lights from the city sent an orange fog into the sky, but it never reached her and the Temple. Sari stepped up to one of the railings, peering out and gasping as she saw a hundreds and hundreds and thousands of skyscrapers. The entire city was like a star itself, turbulent and alive, radiating and glowing.

Sari had always loved heights. Once, when she was only seven, she had stepped over a high bridge. Being the curious and perhaps stupid girl she was, she had stepped up on the guard rail, opened her arms wide and pretended to be soaring. The maidens had nearly died upon seeing the princess in such perils. Ever since, whenever she came to a bridge or high tower, she wanted to be on the edge, to open her arms up and imagine herself falling . . . falling . . . wha
  18. juwannajedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Amidolee, just what IS a school permit? I am sorry you didn't get one. :(
  19. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

Lovely post, amidolee! I love reading about Sari...

aa :D
  20. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    *smacks herself*

Not Kit, Amidolee. You wrote the post about the rule change. I need to read more carefully.... Sorry about any confusion that might have caused.
  21. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry for the delay, guys, but sometimes being on vacation is more work than being at home! I'm going to catch up to everybody else, I hope!

No! thought Jane frantically as she raced through the halls. No, I can't be late, not to-day, not this class! No!

But it was no use. She really was going to be late. It was the first day of Exams Week, and because her test of flying the Starfighter would come later that week, she had used the extra hour to study for History. Unfortunately, she hadn't looked at the time until five minutes after she'd wanted to leave. Now she ran, trying not to make things worse than they already were, and tried to ignore the growing feeling of queasiness in her stomach, which she attributed to nerves.

She was prepared, she knew that. She and K'vel had done nothing else but study during the time that Kirstan and Master Orion had gone on their honeymoon. Under Perrian's watchful eye, they had gone through one subject after another, working steadily and effectively, day after day with scarcely a break.

Well, there had been that one afternoon where they'd gone to talk to the mother about the kind of life her baby would have at the Jedi Temple. She'd finally been convinced to hand the wide-eyed, wiggly bundle over to the Jedi Knight. Jane had taken turns holding it on the way back home, and had even got a good look at the creche where the Jedi children grew up. Nothing looked familiar, although she knew she had spent some time there herself as a three-year-old. She'd tried to remember, but nothing came, and finally she'd given K'vel a brave smile and accompanied him out, back to their books and flimsies. That had been the only distraction. Even now that Kirstan and Master Orion were back, K'vel had spent as much time as he could with her. She really was prepared. There was nothing to be worried about.

Finally, she arrived at the closed door to the classroom and stopped. She had to go in, but she didn't want to make a grand entrance. Unfortunately, there was no other way. Really feelin sick now, she pressed the button and the door slid back to admit her.

Nobody glanced up from their work, but Jane knew that everybody's attention had shifted from History to her, at least for a moment. Mistress Goffinet met her with a stoic expression and yet still managed to ooze disapproval as she waited until Jane had approached the desk.

"You may stand in the corner twenty minutes for being late,"the history teacher said,"and meditate on the advantages of punctuality."

Jane's heart sank, but she dutifully replied,"Yes, mistress," and moved to the corner. Twenty minutes! She wouldn't have time to finish the exam, and that, along with the weak essays she had turned in at the beginning of the term would simply finish her off. She'd fail. She'd be taking the course again next term, along with Starfighter Repairs, and maybe even High Alderaanian. Maybe even Katas and Light Saber. She was doomed. Realising it, she began to feel even sicker.

When the twenty minutes were over, Jane returned to the desk to receive her exam. Inserting the chip into her data reader, she groaned inwardly. There was a selection of questions to be answered, and also a short essay on an aspect of history that she only vaguely remembered from the beginning of the term. Oh, no. Well, she'd been at the Temple long enough to absorb a few lessons, and one of them had been to accept life as it happened. She couldn't change the fact that she was going to fail, but at least she could go down fighting, and do her best right to the bitter end. Blinking away an errant tear, she began to answer the questions.
  22. The Musical Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    This really suits the next post, a joint effort between Kenobi Maul and me.

If You Want Me To
    By Ginny Owens

The pathway is broken,
    And the signs are unclear.
    And I don?t know the reason
    Why you?ve brought me here.
    But just because you love me
    The way that you do,
    I?m going to walk through the valley,
    If you want me to.

?Cause I?m not who I was
    When I took my first step
    And I?m clinging to the promise
    You?re not through with me yet.
    So if all of these trials
    Bring me closer to you.
    I?m going to walk through the fire,
    If you want me to.

It may not be the way I would have chosen
    When you lead me through a world that?s not my home.
    But you never said it would be easy.
    You only said I?ll never go alone.

So when the whole world turns against me,
    And I?m all by myself.
    And I can?t hear you answer
    My cries for help.
    I?ll remember the suff?ring
    Your love put you through
    And I will go through the valley
    If you want me to.
  23. Daphne Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmmmm... Hopefully this will work out. If not, disregard it.

Kirstan stuffed the last datapad into the drawer. She wasn't sure which made her happier. This morning's news that Zare had finished her trials, or the fact that 3 people had been neatly packed away in her quaters.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, and shake a few of the cobwebs loose, she picked up the datapad sitting on the table. Studying the form with interest, Kirstan smiled. This was the only part of exam week the master's truly enjoyed. Surely bunches of cranky and tired padawans weren't the attraction.

The lightsaber finals had taken on epic proportions over the years. Master Yoda had told her once that he had witness 843 of the contests, and he had missed the first half of their history.

She closed her eyes and envisioned the large area cleaned out and filled - it's only real use - and a carnival atmosphere. It really was lots of fun, and some of the parties were truly civilian, but the real attraction had always been the contests.

She smiled remembering when K'vel had been young enough to perform katas with the young padawans and initiates, and of the lightsaber contests the padawans would engage in. *That* was the educational part. The contests between masters and knights, and those between teams were for the sport of it. *Even Jedi must enjoy themselves.*

Dragging herself out to the present, Kirstan quickly entered her padawan in the lightsaber contest - crossing her fingers that this would be his year to win, but hoping that if he did not, Obi-Wan would manage to win *again*.

Without another thought, she quickly entered herself into the masters and knights competition, and K'vel and herself against the other teams - mostly masters and padawans, but many friends and partners. It did not cross her mind that she and Nicholae should fight together. She and K'vel were a team and that was how it would remain.

Submitting the entry, she rose to walk to the training halls. They would be crowded, but Kirstan knew enough to stay in tune if she wished to do well and the competitions the following day.
  24. Kenobi Maul Jedi Master

star 4
    As JediFinrod has been begging for it, TMJ and I have yet again collaborated to put together another romantic piece. This also introduces my cover for going a way a month to move to the UK.

Ken was in shock. Just when things seemed to be going right for a change, it all came crashing down on him. His fledgling relationship with Ieron, his teaching position, though most of the students called him Master Windu by accident, all of that gone, because of this.

Not only would he be separated from Ieron and the Temple for a while, but the worst was what the mission was itself. It didn?t bother him especially, but he knew Ieron was going to take this very badly. The Sith, whose existence had shocked the Council, and the Rogue Jedi were fighting over the Sith Temple. Normally, everyone would have sit back and enjoyed watching both sides kill each other off, but they had taken slaves to fight along with them. The Republic didn?t like that and had requested a Jedi be sent out to take care of it.

Ken knew why it had to be him, but he didn?t like it. He knew he was the one who knew the most about the Rogues and no one knew anything about the Sith. He was a perfect match. Also, the fact that all the other Jedi who might have been called upon were busy or recuperating didn?t hurt. This wasn?t good. He sensed Ieron on the roof.

Quickly grabbing some flowers he knew she liked, he went up there, mentally preparing himself for what he was about to say and bracing himself for the reaction. He had been told what had happened to her there and he knew she really wasn?t going to like this. He really didn?t like this.

Ieron sat up on the roof, around the back, away from the door. Her muscles ached from the scrubbing and it was a nice change from the hectic agenda that plagued most padawans. She found there were fewer distractions there, because occasionally others came up to the roof. The night sky was dark, though the lights on aircars, buildings, and any number of other things that dotted the cityscape obscured the shadows. Still, stars could be seen, and silence, for the most part, reigned unadulterated.

She leaned back to lie on the roof, face to the stars. She wondered if all of them had names. Astronomy had always somewhat fascinated her, at least insofar as what she could see with her back to the panels lining the roof.

"Enjoying the view?" a bemused voice asked her.

Ieron half-turned, rolling onto her side, to see Ken-Biu. She smiled, thinking of the flowers. He looked as though he wasn't sure he should have interrupted her. "Of course," the padawan replied, gesturing for him to sit down next to her. Ieron sat back up and moved closer, enjoying the warmth he offered.

An awkward silence fell, Ieron not sure what to say. Ken seemed to have something to say, but he couldn?t seem to bring himself to say it. Ieron continued watching the stars, suddenly very conscious about the body sitting so close to her. She could sense a slight uncertainty from the Knight. Suddenly, Ieron wondered if she knew why. He'd never had anyone who loved him, so he didn't know what to do. She felt like chuckling at him, though didn't for fear of hurting his feelings. She didn't really mean to cause him such emotional tension.
    Instead, she snuggled closer, hoping to boost his self-confidence. Almost instinctively, his arm was around her, and she was leaning against his shoulder. He glanced down at the top of her head, a startled expression already fading from his features.

Aside from feeling clueless about what to say or do in such a situation due to his lack of experience in romance, Ken just didn?t know how to approach what he had to tell her. How could you tell the person you love that you are going to fly off into a conflict between the two most dangerous organizations in the galaxy? How did you tell her that there was a good likelihood you would never come back? How could you tell her that you loved her and that you didn?t want to leave without breaking down into tears?

?Ieron, there?s some
  25. Kresa Rei'de Jedi Knight

star 2
    K'vel stood slowly from his chair, walked slowly up to the front of the room and quietly handed his test chip to the teacher. Then, he collected his things and slipped out the door. He knew that there were answers he wanted to change, but he'd learned long ago to trust his first instincts, at least when it came to tests. He almost always second guessed himself into being wrong if he gave in and started changing things.

He had arranged to meet Jane in the meditation gardens after history. He'd been more than mildly alarmed when she hadn't been in class. When she'd coe in late and had to stand in the corner, he felt crushed for her. She would have so little time. When K'vel had found a comfortable place to sit, he drew his knees up and let his long arms drape across them.

He wasn't really trying to avoid his master. He loved Kirstan. He wasn't trying to avoid Nicholae either. //Yeah, right. And I'm Master Yoda.// he thought to himself. He'd almost been dreading their return from their honeymoon, but the move in had gone smoothly and now Nicholae and Kirstan shared her room, while K'vel had his room to himself again.

Zare Trials would finish some time today. He wasn't sure when exactly, but he was sure he'd know about it as soon as he got home.

K'vel just wasn't sure how to treat Nicholae. He wasn't K'vel's master, but he was Kirstan's husband. There was always a strained sort of tenseness between them, much as Kirstan tried to bring them together.

//And most of it is because of me.//

K'vel was quite sure that master Nicholae wasn't out to get him, not any more, anyway. Though that whole senate address escapade had been terribly rude of him, he hadn't really done anything to indicate he was displeased by K'vel since the young man had punched him.

//I can't believe I punched a Master.//

Well, he'd been pretty mad at the time. Now he was just grudgingly accepting of his fate. He tried to minimize the awkwardness by being around as little as possible. K'vel left early for meditation every morning and then went straight to breakfast where he sat with Jane and then it was off to class. And when not in class he was at Master Thenceor's studying with Jane. From there, late at night, he would blink his tired way home and crawl into bed, after saying good night to Master Lien.

This was the last week of the term after all. He needed to be studying. Tomorrow he had a presentation for his advanced econ class on the effects of smuggling on the economy of Corellia. That planet was one of the few that seemed to have a healthier economy -because- there was heavy smuggling in the area. CorSec often ran itself ragged trying to catch them, only to be picked on and despised by the people they were trying to protect because it actually slowed down the economy.

K'vel shook his head. //The Corellians are very weird.//

A soft sound brought K'vel out of his ruminations and he reached out, sensing Jane. She didn't seem very happy at all. When she trudged into sight, her head and shoulders were slumped and her feet hardly came up off the ground as she walked.

"That bad, huh?"

Her answer was a reluctant nod.

"Could be worse."

"Oh? How?"

"Could have been Light Sabre and you could have been paired with Zare."

"Isn't she-"

K'vel nodded, his expression rueful. "Yeah, the one who sent me home bruised, battered and thoroughly humbled most every evening before the wedding."

"There is that," Jane granted him as she slid down to a seat next to him. "So, what do we study now?"

"The leaves," K'vel replied.

"Leaves? But I'm not taking botany."

"I know that." K'vel hesitantly settled an arm around her shoulders and tipped his head back to look up through the leaves toward the dome high overhead. "But they are awfully pretty in this light and if we have to study something right now, then let it be something relaxing. If you don't relax you're going to be too tense for you next test and you won't do as well."

Jane smiled at him and nodded. "Alright. I like that
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.