main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Part III of The Ultra Stressed Jedi Students

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, May 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Okay, this is my birthday post! I'm the big 22 today! (My youngest sister calls me 'geezer' now. mad.gif The little twerp!) Oh, and Amidolee, that situation with Cali and Obi-wan is (as you-know-who would put it) quite shocking! eek.gif )

Master Gallia waited until Ken-Biu had left the room before clearing her throat and saying, "I wish to submit a proposal to the Council regarding the exchange student program."

Yoda's ears twitched in suspicion but he said nothing. The other Council members shifted uncomfortably in anticipation.

Taking a deep breath, she continued, "I think it is important that we provide the students with a ...well-rounded experience of the Jedi Temple, and it seems to me that confining each student to the supervision of one master inhibits that objective. Therefore, I propose that during one day and night of each week the students reside with different masters."

"An exchange program within the exchange program?" Master Windu remarked dryly.

"Hmmph!" Master Yoda grunted. "Subtle you are not, Master Gallia! Told you I did, your student I will not take! A handful my own padawan is!"

"I was not suggesting that you take her! I think that the students would really benefit from temporarily learning with another master, and the exchange would only occur once a week," Master Gallia protested.

Master Windu nodded with reluctance, "The idea is feasible. We'll take a vote on it, but who would you con into taking your student?"

A sly smile crept upon Master Gallia's face.

"Student Bing-"

Caroline raised an eyebrow.

Master Gallia sighed. "Lady Caroline. I have some news for you. In two days, you will spend a day and a night with Master Jinn."

Caroline frowned thoughtfully. "Don't you love me anymore, Master Gallia?"

She quickly decided not to waste time replying to that remark and said, "All students from the outside will be undergoing similar exchanges. Jane Jinn will be staying with me during your time with Master Jinn."

"Ummm...Is Master Jinn her mother or something?" Caroline asked innocently.

Hysterical laughter was the only response Caroline received for a while.

"Do....do you mean that you....have never seen Qui-gon Jinn?"

Not knowing whether to feel indignant at the master's laughter or just bewildered, Caroline only shook her head.

"No, he is not Jane's mother!"

Caroline snapped to attention at the word 'he.'

"WHAT?! HE?!!! You are not serious? You CANNOT be serious! Can any situation be more indelicate?! Can you really be asking me to spend the night in a man's apartment?!"

Master Gallia stifled another giggle and said, "No, I am requiring you to stay with Master Jinn. And don't worry, you will not be alone. Padawan Kenobi lives there as well."

Five minutes later, Master Gallia emerged from Caroline's room with her hands pressed tightly to her ears and shut the door. From within, shrill cries of "INSUFFERABLE!" and "NOT TO BE BORN!" were clearly heard.

Despite her painfully ringing ears, Master Gallia smiled. I think I've already earned this vacation!

Jane Jinn, maybe Jane and Master Gallia could spend their time together restoring Master Gallia's room? Hehehe!

2. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Whew! Now that THAT's done, I can get back to writing interesting stuff.

3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I just KNOW that there is a post there!

Kithera

4. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Postie hiding?

5. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Me, a handful? Little ol' me? Surely not! I would never harm a . . .*remembers reason she is scrubbing cafeteria with Jane* Never mind. Sorry for any non-continuity in my postings. Let's just say the last one happened AFTER Lady Bingle being forced to endure Qui-gon and Ob1, eh?

"Questions, you have, Knight Saean."

Saean nodded politely. "If it's not too much trouble, Master Yoda."

"Trouble, you are not. Your sister's skill area, that is."

"Has she really been that bad?"

"Taught her to fight, you should not have." Yoda reprimanded. "But right, she usually is. Caries things too far, she does. Better she is, now that come back from Caamas she has. Has fought only twice, but both her own fault."

"That sounds like Jai. She always had Mother's--er, Master de Casi's--temper."

Yoda nodded knowingly. "And her grandfather's, too."

Saean froze for a second before pressing on. "You knew, then, when you chose her?"

"The will of the Force, was my choosing. Help her, I can. And," Master Yoda added quietly, "love her I do. For every fight and every bit of trouble, every cafeteria scrubbing, makes us love her more, she does."

6. Kenobi Maul

Oct 23, 1999
    Ken-Biu waited in Practice Room One, as the data card had instructed him to. When was this terror going to arrive? Suddenly, he heard a voice complaining rather loudly. It was all being done on a very authoritative tone. It couldn?t be a Master, no Jedi Master would ever complain like that. Then who could it be?

Master Adi Gallia walked in the room. Ken was bemused. A Jedi Council Member complaining like there was no tomorrow? And Adi Gallia, of all the members of the Council? Then he noticed that her lips weren?t moving. That was when he noticed Lady Caroline.

Everything about her, from the way she moved to the way she spoke, evoked an incredible strong emotion pulse through his veins. He felt like he was going to puke. Please, he begged. Please make this not be Student Bingle!

Unfortunately, his prayer to the Force fell on deaf ears. He decided he would have to greet them.

?Greetings, Master Gallia,? he said reverentially. Then, like an afterthought, he added, ?I assume you are Student Bingle.?

?Do not assume. I am Lady Caroline,? answered the fifteen year-old condescendingly.

?Very well. I am Knight Maol, Student Bingle, but you may call me Sir,? he answered glacially.

?What, call a commoner Sir? He?s kidding, right?? she turned to Master Gallia.

?No, he?s not,? answered both Knight and Master. There was a note of sarcasm in Ken?s voice as he said that.

They began the class together. It became quickly apparent to the instructor that the student didn?t know or care to learn anything about lightsabers. It was going to be a long, long hour?

Ken-Biu walked out of the classroom. He had managed to get Her Stuffiness to learn the first position. In one hour! And the best of the whole story was that it seemed like he had accomplished something!

He was so tired. He felt like rolling up and going to sleep. Before he did that, though, he had to go thank Ieron for saving him. Maybe he?d also be able to talk her into speaking with the Council very soon so that he could be killed off or taken off probation. Now he knew why Master Yoda thought it would be a challenge for him not to give into the Dark Side!

Would one of the first authors (Jane Jinn, JediKnight Obi-Wan or Amidolee) make some sort of scene including him, just to boost my ego, to make me think that the earlier characters know I exist .

7. Jedi_Master_Insei

Jedi_Master_Insei Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2000
    Okay, since I haven't seen a post from Jedi_Daphne in a looooong time, I'll just write the segment with the council (Maybe with some help). We got a kid with a lightsaber that is supposedly nearly 4000 years old? And was the weapon of a Jedi ancestor that his family never told (if they knew) him about? I mean, there's gonna be some controversy.

8. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Ieron sat perched on her hands and knees, slowly scrubbing the arena floor. After her bout with Lady Caroline, her master had insisted on a sparring match in one of the practice rooms. After her stay in the infirmary, her muscles had protested greatly to the superior challenge of Tobias over the Alderaanian brat. Nothing seemed to respond as quickly as normal. She sighed; it was going to take her a good hour to finish.

Making a turn to dunk her scrubbing brush, Ieron noticed she wasn?t alone in the fighting arena. Caroline stood towering over her, watching in interest. A slight smile graced her face. ?So,? she began, arrogance dripping from her voice, ?you can clean my room when you?re finished. It?s terribly dirty.?

The dusty-haired padawan sighed, entirely not in the mood to deal with her. ?Caroline, if you want it cleaned, you have to do it yourself.? The blonde arched one eyebrow gracefully, looking bemused.

?A lady of Alderaan doesn?t clean,? Ieron was informed. ?Besides, a commoner such as yourself is obviously much more accustomed to hard labor than I.?

The padawan rocked back to sit up, irritation obvious on her face. ?I suppose ladies of Alderaan don?t learn manners, either,? she replied wryly. ?What does it matter that I?m a commoner? At least I have the grace to treat others with respect.?

Caroline?s face clouded. ?I?ve learned manners. The High Court at Alderaan demands it. Like I said, you?re a commoner. You don?t deserve respect.? Ieron sniffed at this and stood up, approaching her. The two girls stood about the same height, each staring at one another challengingly.

?Listen here, Lady Caroline. If it weren?t for your despised commoners, you wouldn?t have a court to flounce in. I am not ashamed to be of common birth. It is on my people?s backs that your Sith-inspired culture exists. I?d rather have built my own life from my own muscles that have it be handed to me at the cost of another person?s blood, sweat, and tears,? Ieron finally said quietly. ?Moreover, in the Temple, there is no class distinction. You and I are on the same level, whether you chose to admit it or not.? After a moment of watching the flickering disbelief, Ieron turned away, resuming her task.

?Caroline!? a voice called, sounding impatient. Half-turning, the padawan saw Adi Gallia standing across the arena, looking thoroughly annoyed. ?It?s time for your saber lesson.? With a moody sigh, Caroline shot Ieron a contemptuous look and disappeared. Biting back a small grin, Ieron felt immense pity for whoever was giving the lesson. It would be like their spar, only longer.

Some time later, Ieron had worked herself most of the way across the floor and was almost finished. Humming tunelessly, she entertained thoughts of a warm shower and her bed. An exasperated sigh permeated her thoughts, and Ieron looked up to see a wearied Ken-Biu walking across the arena. She watched him for a moment, hesitating only for a second. ?Knight Maol,? she said finally.

He turned, looking startled at her voice. ?I was just going to look for you,? he responded, walking over to squat near her. Ieron put her brush into the bucket, looking at him questioningly. Green eyes gazed into hazelnut, the brief silence palpitating. Suddenly, the padawan realized she wasn?t uncomfortable in his presense any more. ?I wanted to thank you, for saving me. If it wasn?t for you, I?d still be in a solitary hold, unable to touch the Force.? The Knight cracked a tired grin, a tenor chuckled emitting from his lips. ?Although it may be a mixed blessing. I now have to help a new exchange student, Caroline Bingle, with lightsaber classes. I?m not a Dark Jedi now, but I may be before that is all over.?

Ieron shook her head in sympathy, a faint smile on her lips. ?You have my condolences, Ken-Biu. She is a brat, plain and simple. If anyone deserves a thrashing, it?s the High Lady of Aggravation.? Ieron paused, her eyes falling uncomfortably on his shoulder, which ended abruptly. Then, they darted away with the realization it was fl

9. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Posty? Hiding somewhere you are. Need writing help, RogueJai does. Pathetic, she has become. Feel sorry for her, I do. *Master, I'm trying.. . .er . . .*
    Gimmer Stickwhacks RogueJai upside the head DO! or Do NOT! No try there is!! Bad Paddle-One! Stand in a corner you shall!!

All righty then. Sorry all, I felt like being silly.

10. Jedi_Daphne

Jedi_Daphne Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2000
    My apologies. I haven't been able to access my computer for the last few days. I've been busy moving. (Remember... lovebirds )

I'm not sure where you're going with the lightsaber, so feel free to write the post. If not, it will be up in a day or so.

11. Jedi_Daphne

Apr 30, 2000
    Kirstan hid the puzzled look on her face, and walked into the living area fingering the lightsaber. I certainly don't need Insei running around with this right now.

Walking over to the comm unit on the wall, Kirstan left a message requesting a meeting with the Council. Nothing else could be done about that particular incident until the Council heard of it, she decided.

//Master.//

//Yes?//

//May I talk with you?//

//Of course you may padawan.//

Looking up, Kirstan watched K'vel walk through the door. "I'm sorry Master. I tried to keep track of him. I thought I was doing well."

Patting the couch next to her, Kirstan waited until K'vel had joined her before speaking. Six long years of working and training side by side told her of all she needed to know. Her apprentice believed he was about to be reprimanded for failing.

"K'vel, I want you to know how proud I am of your work with Insei so far." Slowly, the surprise at her words sunk in.

"But Master, he poured a tank of fuel on another student and I failed to keep him out of trouble!"

"Padawan, sometimes a mission is impossible even for a Jedi. You have done admirably. I believe if I had been in your place, I would be explaining to the Council why I felt it neccessary to throw a student off the Temple spires."

Struggling to wipe the stunned expression off of his face, K'vel, simply said, "Thank you Master."

"Tomorrow morning, Insei and I will be speaking with the Council. You will not be needed to look after him until after evening meal. I will be with him the rest of the day."

"Yes, Master."

"I would, however, like you to assist with lightsaber training tomorrow. The Council feels some of the students are in need of additional help."

Kirstan blocked out her padawan's curiosity at his master going before the Council with another student, and nodded before heading off to bed.

12. Jedi Knight Anakin

Jedi Knight Anakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2000
    *Yawn* Going to sleep now... school tomorrow. I'll try and post in computer class third period. Byesee for nowsee.

13. Jedi_Daphne

Apr 30, 2000
    Pausing in the hall, Nicholae gathered the force around him and took a deep breath. Raising his hand, he tapped lightly on the door.

Rising from her seat, Kirstan wondered who would be knocking on her door so late in the evening. Jane, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan?

Opening the door, Kirstan stepped back. Not even 31 years of Jedi training could conceal the shock and disbelief on her face. Shock which was only intensified by the sight of the knight in the hall lowering himself to one knee and asking, "Kirstan, will you marry me?"

Nicholae swallowed hard. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Ten years in the Outer Rim wasn't a seperation to be ignored. It was even possible that someone had filled his place in her heart by now. Glancing up into her eyes, Nicholae thought he would drown.

//Kirstan, I love you.//

"Yes."

Losing herself in his embrace, Kirstan decided that speaking with the Council was neccessary for more reasons than one.

14. Kenobi Maul

Oct 23, 1999
    I'll write the continuation to Musical's post tomorrow afternoon.

15. Jedi_Master_Insei

May 1, 2000

Congratulations, Nicholae and Daphne on this wonderful event! *Begins a standing ovation, clapping his heart out!*

16. Jedi_Daphne

Apr 30, 2000
    Hope no one minds my little wrinkle in the story... I had to incorporate my real life stress into the USJS. I thought perhaps it might throw in a bit of excitement into the dull lived of the USJS (j/k).

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    "By the way, Jane, I spoke to Master Gallia last night,"said Qui-Gon as they rose up from morning meditation in the Room of a Thousand Waterfalls.

Jane turned to him eagerly, then remembered that it was very possible the Council had turned down the request, and felt suddenly sick with dread.

"Theyre still considering your request to stay. There are some details that they want worked out first, and there is a possibility that they might want to speak to you before they make their final decision."

"Oh,"said Jane, feeling even worse than before.

"I know that's not a very satisfactory answer for you, but it's not the reason that Adi called me, either. The Council has decided that there will be a Padawan Exchange Day once a week from now on."

"Oh, yes, master? Will you be exchanging Obi-Wan for somebody else? Who is it?"Hopefully Garen. Or even K'vel. Either one would be nice.

"I should have said Student and Padawan Exchange Day,"Qui-Gon sighed."No, Jane, actually you and Caroline will trade places for twenty four hours starting the day after to-morrow after morning meditation."

Jane stared at him in shock."What?"

"You'll be under Master Gallia's authority for the day, and Caroline will come stay with Obi-Wan and me,"Qui-Gon repeated.

"I have to go live with Master Gallia?"

"Jane, you look as though you've just been told you're being exiled to Kessel. It's just for a day, and Adi Gallia is a very pleasant woman."

"Yes, master,"Jane murmured, not at all sure what to think of this. Master Gallia had seemed very nice the two times Jane had met her, that was true. It was certainly preferable to being sent to Master Koon, for instance. But she felt so shy around people she didn't know well, and she just knew that whole day was going to be awkward! Well, maybe Master Gallia would be in the Council all day, and Jane wouldn't have to speak to her much.

"And don't forget, it's Obi-Wan's birthday to-day."

"It is?"

"Yes, he's eighteen."

"I have free time until History, master. Can I go out and buy him a present? What do you think he'd like?"

"Giving presents is not usually part of a birthday here at the Temple, Jane. Jedi are not encouraged to collect material possessions."

"Oh."Jane frowned. She knew the Jedi had different customs, but somehow, it just didn't seem right!

"Also, I thought it might be a good idea for you to practise the first kata this morning as a physical meditation exercise."

Jane considered this."You mean, let the Force flow through me while I move? Like light saber practise with the remote?"

"Exactly. There should be an empty practise room somewhere that you can use. Just check the schedules on the doors, and don't be late for History."

"Erm--yes, master."

After breakfast, Jane went down to the practise rooms and found one that was both empty and unscheduled. Qui-Gon had helped her achieve a healing trance the night before, and she'd slept deeply through it, awakening to find her burns gone and her body invigorated. It felt good. Taking several minutes to focus herself and let the Force flow through her, Jane then began the first kata.

She'd gone through it a few times when she became aware that someone was standing in the doorway watching her, someone she didn't recognise. Losing her grip on the Force as soon as she consciously registered the fact, she opened her eyes and turned around.

"Your feet should be like this, and not like that,"the young Knight--he didn't have a braid and was therefore not a Padawan--told her, demonstrating. Jane realised that she was staring at his right shoulder, where there was no right arm to go with it, and glanced down at the floor in embarrassment.

"Yeah, I'm still getting used to it, too,"he said."But watch my feet. You're not standing correctly, and it could put your balance off, among other things."

Jane tried to follow his example, and he walked her through the entire kata, correcting her stance whenever she slipped back into the wrong position.

"My name is Ken-Biu Maol, by the way,"he said as she finished."Knight Maol."

"Jane

18. Jedi Knight Anakin

Jedi Knight Anakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2000
    "Hey Obi, wait up Kenobi!" Anakin shouted out to Obi-Wan as he was walking down the hall with Cali. He caught up to him quickly, a mischevious smile plastered across his face.

"So Obi-Kenobi, what's up y'old geezer?"

He gave him a stern look, and Cali giggled at his temper.

"So how old are you? Fifty? Sixty?"

He glared at him. "You're asking for it, Ani."

Anakin grinned widely. Cali broke out laughing and Obi-Wan used up his glaring abilities on both of them. Anakin chuckled and soon enough Obi-Wan was chasing him down the hall.

19. Jedi_Master_Insei

May 1, 2000
    *Tries to scare out hidden posties*

20. Kresa Rei'de

Kresa Rei'de Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 1999
    K'vel was almost bowled over by the rush of elation that flooded down the bond he shared with his master. The tingle of surprise that had preceeded it had made him curious, but not too curious. After all, Master Lien had a right to her privacy and he didn't need to go poking his nose into every little detail of her life, even if he was her padawan.

That happiness told him that the surprise had been a very good thing however, and he sent along a small burst to tell her silently that he was glad she was so happy about whatever had happened. He also sent a tiny spurt of curiosity. Kirstan sent back the equivalent of an estatic smile and a 'I'll tell you later' look.

K've smiled for his master and continued on his way. He needed some more sabre practice today if he was going to be helping with the classes tomorrow and was hoping to find an open room he could use. Unfortunately, this was the time that most people in the Temple sought out a little extra practice before winding down for the day.

The relief he felt at not needing to be responsible for Insei until the next evening was palpable.

It wasn't that he didn't like Insei, or found the boy himself to be a burden. After all, he had managed to stay out of trouble for most of the day, and the exchange student had been provoked a good deal before he had finally retaliated. It was just that K'vel didn't like being responsible for anyone other than himself. He just didn't feel quite right about having another being's life in his hands, any more than he felt quite right about knowing their thoughts or emotions.

K'vel knew, intellectually, that as a Knight he would be asked to travel around the galaxy helping to settled disputes and save lives, but that had done little to prepare him to deal with the reality of keeping Insei out of trouble.

K'vel was now seeking the one thing he knew he was very good at, to help regain his emotional and spiritual balance.

Fighting.

Even if all he could find to spar with was a remote.

<<If someone else wants a little extra sabre practice, K'vel would love a partner.>>

21. Kresa Rei'de

Nov 9, 1999
    I just know there are some more posts around here somewhere!

Rats! Sithly server. It's morning already and I didn't even know it! Just change the time on this one, somehow, and K'vel's heading for early morning sabre practice instead of late evening.

thnx.

[This message has been edited by Kresa Rei'de (edited 05-15-2000).]

22. Nicholae

Nicholae Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2000
    ".... and then Qui-Gon had to be carried home!"

Catching up on ten years of Temple gossip was entertaining to say the least, and Kirstan was only tooo happy to oblidge. At times he got the feeling that everyone, particularly Master Yoda had lost their mind though. Exchange students? That was almost too much.

Apparently, Kirstan shared that sentiment. Throughout the evening, she kept checking in on her student. When the conversation finally turned to the Council's possible reactions to this bit of news, Kirstan had laughed.

"After Yoda and Yaddle's 'engagement party', I think we're going to be anticlimatic..." That lead to an hour of hearing about how most of the masters, knights, and padawans had ended up roaring drunk. Somewhere in the midst of it all, he'd picked up on Qui-Gon's new padawan, and Jane Jinn. The longer you're gone, the more things change.

More surprising than anything was news that not only did Kirstan have an exchange student, but she also had taken a padawan. Wasn't she only a newly made knight when I left?

Telling her of all his exploits was less than ideal, she never was one to let anyone develop an ego. The news that Zare was going to be taking her trials in a month had caught her attention.

"How does it feel to be old enough to have raised up a Jedi, Nicholae?"

"You'll know soon enough yourself, I'm sure."

A few hours later, Nicholae found himself settling in to his own quarters, waiting for Zare to return from where ever it was that 22 year old girls run off to.

Kirstan had finally sent him home. She's mentioned something about needing to talk to Insei about a lightsaber and K'vel about their 'good news' before meeting with the Council the next morning.

23. Kresa Rei'de

Nov 9, 1999
    I just know that there are more posts here somewhere.

24. Jedi_Daphne

Apr 30, 2000
    Come out posties!

Why do they always have to hide?

25. Nicholae

Nicholae Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2000
    Where is my post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.