main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Particle Playground question

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by andalite, Sep 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andalite

andalite Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Hello all, I have recently been playing around with the particle playground effect in AE5PB and I have 1 question. How do I get the particles to flow like water when they hit a mask(wall)? whenever I use the wall plugin they bounce off the wall and go on forever forming a shape similar to this:
    -.........-
    ..\...../
    ...\.../
    ....\./
    ___V______
    (ignore the periods)
    I want to create a sort of waterfall effect so this clearly will not do. I've looked through the manual and it only describes what each parameter of the particle system does. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Jrr_Dude

Jrr_Dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    After reading this, i went and made a waterfall. You can make it work, if you dont have a pool on the bottem, but like you said. when I tried to put a pool and river on the bottem, it just bounced. I think
    (i havent tried this) if you keyframe the direction of the flow so its going left(or right) at the top of the water fall and changing it to left(or right again) at the base so it flows instead of bouincing off. Ill try this sometime to see if it works.

--JrrDude

3. andalite

andalite Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    if i changed the direction of flow, wouldn't it change the direction of the particles at the top of the waterfall?

4. Jrr_Dude

Jrr_Dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Yeah it would. sorry, wrote it late at night

-jrrdude

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.