main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Partisans( a Imperial resistance rp)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by KnightFr0mOssus, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightFr0mOssus

KnightFr0mOssus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    14 BBY:
    Welcome to the lush jungle world of Rietin, a Cathar colony in the Outer Rim
    with a population of 3 million and only a few populated areas and cities (more like a handful). In 17 BBY, Rietin was annexed by the Empire. An invasion group of Stormtroopers descended on the hopeless world, killing resistors and taking the rest prisoner. The importance of this world lies in the sheer amount of phrikite that Rietin harbors. Phrikite is a very rare metal used to make an infamous compound known as phrik. Phrik is one of the few lightsaber-resistant materials known to exist and is also a very good conductor of electricity. The emperor wants this world in order to produce armor for jedi hunting battalions and for weapons like force pikes, etc.
    And so the Cathar of Rietin were enslaved and put to work in mines. So much of the jungle has been cleared in some areas that brown streaks and spots can be seen from orbit. Even Cathar children are put to work as servants for the presiding officers of Rietin and and for the simpler mining-related tasks.

However, a portion of this small world's population managed to escape the slaughter and slavery and live life deep in the jungles. They have formed partisan groups and such. They sabotage mining operations and attempt to free the slaves. Originally disorganized, they have managed to come together into a loosely connected Resistance faction known as the Clan of of The Silver Claw. And they are growing, most freed slaves enlist. Their goal is to drive back the Imperials and possibly hold a mass evacuation, with what ships they can capture or reclaim, into the Outer Rim, Wild Space or the Unknown Regions.

This is a gritty rp so don't expect it to be all kiddy OT, Clone Wars TV Show, TPM stuff. I never really see anything that focuses on the fact that the living on an Imperial world is akin to totalitarian states (think Burma), dystopian societies (think Half-Life 2 and 1984), etc. Most OT and dark times Star Wars related stuff focuses on the Rebels vs. the Empire etc. The truth is, as is alluded to in The Force Unleashed, Empire at War, Coruscant nights, etc. is the fact that the Empire enslaved nonhumans on many worlds such as Manaan or destroyed or devastated traitor worlds such as Camaas even though the Camaasi are pacifists in most cases and never really did anything in the first place.

I am a noob at RPing and this is my first time being GM, but I think I should delve into it. If it's too hard for me, I may ask for someone to take it up and I will just be a player. Also, take note that I am only going to serve as a loose GM. You can go ahead and PM me if you have a story idea that we can possibly incorporate and I don't letting people mess around with the story as long as it doesn't deviate too much. I was originally going to write this as a fanfic but I decided a group collaboration is more fun as long as nobody really screws it up and makes it a poor-quality unrealistic RP. I want to stay as close to canon as possible.

Also, feel free to make things as violent as possible, Most Cathar are much stronger than humans and posses very sharp claws( not all though, like Juhani's subspecies). They range in look from a brawny lion-like sapient, human sized lion-like creatures, Bothan-like sapients with dreads, and vaguely human-like sapients(Juhani and Sylvar in some of the comics in which she is featured). Feel free to make any type of Cathar from any sub-species of Cathar. Here are some visual examples: [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/a1/Cathar_2.jpg] [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/ed/CatharJediDrawCloser-JATM.jpg] These next two pics are of the same person, Sylvar the Jdi from the Tales of The Jedi series [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/28/Sylvarclaw.JPG]
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/8/8c/Sylvarspeech.jpg] [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/2c/Legacy_25_Rasi_Tuum.jpg]
    This kid is Micah Skywalker, and in case you did not know, Micah i

2. KnightFr0mOssus

KnightFr0mOssus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    I'm adding this so think of this as a first post expansion. I am the GM and a fellow player, but by no means is my character going to be the boss. My character is just a comrade like you guys, I'm not in charge of you guys, I'm not your superior. Superiors ar NPC's in this RP, we all work together doing what seems right at the moment but we do not require a man with us giving out orders on the field. We all draw out the battle plans but since this partisan group isn't terribly organized, You will not see people with varying ranks for the most part. The game will focus on raids, daily life for refugees, periodic evacuation, laborer recruitment, and character development. At one point, there will be a moment when everyone is lifted off including players which will essentially end the game, but that is the end of the game. Also, I wouldn't go too far with violence because although I said violence is okay earlier, I have looked at the fanfic rules which say violence should be PG-ish. I'm not sure as for this, but I wouldn't go too far with violence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.