main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Partners (NJO Short Stories)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by stormtrooptk421, Jan 14, 2013.

1. stormtrooptk421

stormtrooptk421 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2012
    Tahiri Velia could feel her heart pounding. She knew she shouldn't be this anxious. Her day had been fine until now. Until Jacen Solo had come for their weekly meditation session. She'd never been this nervous around him before. Her whole body was shaking, and she had broken out in a cold sweat. Jacen had opened his eyes, and she saw concern etched on his face.

"Are you feeling alright, Veil?" She hated that nickname. Only Jacen ever called her that, and she feared he would continue to do so until they were both ashes in the wind.

"I-I'm fine. Really. I swear." Dammit, shut up. You're so stupid. You're acting like a schoolgirl.

"No, you're not. What's going on?" When she remained silent he added; "I promised that I would help you sort through everything. You shouldn't need to hide things from me. You know what happens when you keep your emotions locked up." He was referring to her pill addiction. She had been taking for stress, for depression, for sleep... It had gotten so bad, she had to be hospitalized and put through rehab. Jacen had volunteered to help rebiuld her life, help her move on. So far, it was working great. Up until now. Recently, she had begun to think of him as something more than her friend and confidante. She wanted him. Plain and simple.

"Tahiri." He was getting frustrated now. He never used her full name. She could feel tears running down her cheeks.

"I love you, Jacen Solo. I love you so much it makes me sick. I know it's wrong. This is all because of Anakin, and now I'm already dreaming about his brother, for kriff's sake! Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me that I need to go back to the hospital, to all the others like me." He was silent. His eyes studied her every feature. "Tell me you don't feel the same things I do." she contined, choking on the lump in her throat. Finally, she gave up fighting the sobs, and let them overtake her.
    It took him almost a full minute before he leaned closer, and cupped her face in his hands. He didn't say a word. But it didn't take a voice to let Tahiri Velia know that she was loved.

Jacen Solo and Tahiri Velia. Partners. Friends. Lovers.

If you like what you read, please r and r.

staticsticks likes this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Good little story! I've always felt sympathy for Tahiri and you certainly give her that here. :)
    Good job!

3. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Wow. I'm not usually a fan of J/T, but I've always thought they should have been friends in a non-LotF way. Nicely done!

4. smash128

smash128 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2008
    Great job with this little short story. Apart from being a J/TK person, I kind of also shipped J/T as well, basically because of their experiences with the Vong; her shaping and his conditioning by Vergere. Looking forward til your next short story.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, yes, I loved it, I'm a big, huge fan of declarations of love. And ops for squeeing. LOL [:D]

6. stormtrooptk421

stormtrooptk421 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2012
    mavjade: Thanks for reading!

SiouxFan: I'm a J/TK fan too, but I decided to deviate from the norm and include Tahiri. I was originally going to use an OC, but the idea of J/T really grew on me.

smash: Thanks for your support!

Jade_eyes: I don't usually write romance scenes, but I decided to run a field test and see how things went. I'm suprised as many people read this as they did. I was afraid I would get flamed for pairing Jacen with someone who isn't TK, but I'm happy with the results. Thanks for replying!