main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Parts for a replica lightsaber

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Master_Jedi_Cecil, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jedi_Cecil

Master_Jedi_Cecil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    DO ANY OF YOU KNOW WHERE I COULD OBTAIN A GRAFLEX 3 CELL FLASHGUN? IT WOULD BE COOL IF YOU GUYS COULD TELL ME OF A CAMERA OR ANTIQUE STORE THAT SELLS THESE?

THANKS

2. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    good luck.....you're gonna need it.

I've been looking for one for about 8 or 9 months now and i still have yet to see one for sale. I've found them online, at like Ebay, but they can run god awful expensive. If you find a one for under a hundred dollars consider yourself a truely blessed person, and don't forget to tell me where you found it! Happy hunting :)

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Like Pac said...

GOOD LUCK! All the photograph shops are on to the fact why people want graflex 3 cells, and jack the price sky hi. Try ebay. I warn you, it will cost you though. Try some antique shops that handle old camera parts. And I don't mean in the Sac area. Go out to the rural areas to antique shops. Word hasn't spread to some of the back woods places. That's how a friend of mine found two graflex's.

Anyway, good luck!

4. Master_Jedi_Cecil

Master_Jedi_Cecil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    wELL, IF I CAN'T FIND A GRAFLEX, I'M GOING TO HAVE TO GO OVER TO ACE HARDWARE AND FIND SOME DOOHICKIES THAT LOOK AS IF THEY MIGHT BELONG ON A LIGHTSABER.

5. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    i'll probably make my way down to Ace hardware in an hour or two if you wanna go.

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Well, why not just buy one from me???

7. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Oh can I.... PLEASE! ;)

8. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    it's not as fun that way! and from what i hear, my way's probably quicker. ;)

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    LOL [face_laugh] @ crutag.... bro don't worry, I will be working on yours shortly. I have to finish the three orders, I still have, first. One's going to Japan, another to St. Louis, and the last down to Santa Barbara. Then you and I will talk. All it will cost you and your wife is the cost for parts. You and Jennifer are Sac Valley Rogue Force members bro! Members don't pay full price on my watch! ;)

10. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Much appreciated! :) And for that I will tell you what I just learned from my friend at ILM about Episode Three! ;)

11. Cial

Cial Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    Well if you're willing to hold out and save up your money, I got mine from www.parksabers.com and even though they are expensive, they kick ass and are just what you need. I have the rogue model and I'm very very happy with it...the only bad thing with parksabers is it took me nearly 3 months to get because they are so backed up with orders. But other than that, the blade is cool ass looking and the hilt looks and feels like a lightsaber should.
    -Cial

12. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    If you want to make your own lightsaber replica then there are a few places to visit.

The first one is Project Graflex. They will tell you how to make some of the more classic replicas and some prequels ones as well.

Another great site is Obi-Wans Jedi Academy. Don't be fooled by thier costuming sections, they have lots of saber stuff too. I would consider this one of the best places to start if you are trying to get into costuming and replica prop making. You also might want to check out thier "Links" page, it has most of the popular costuming and star wars sites on it. :)

13. Sac-Town-Knight

Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    I've been looking for a Graflex at damn near every antique shop/mall I drive by for about 2 years. You'll likely find a Graflex (Graflite) after some hunting, but not the Holy Grale of flash tubes. Pardee's Camera near Arden Fair Mall has some, but they charge an arm and a leg. Good news is that they have a couple of boxes of other flash tubes that would make excellent sabers, for under $50. Good luch mang!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.