Party City Event

Discussion in 'Jacksonville, FL' started by MAGNIFICENT-SITH, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAGNIFICENT-SITH Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, for any of you who might not know...I am the store manager for the Party City across from Mama Fu's on San Jose. I was wondering what to do to help drum up some customers and thought..."hey...you're part of an elite group here so let's see what I can come up with."
    So here's what I am thinking...
    Date: Saturday October 14th
    Time: 6:30pm-8:30pm
    Place: Party City on San Jose across from Mama Fu's
    Purpose: We could show up and walk about the store and outside, maybe towards the road to try to get people in my store.
    There are going to be a ton of peole already in there trust me, but we need more, and this would be a perfect time to set a table up outside with FCJK info as well. We can supply the table from work.
    We sell Star Wars costumes for kids/adults and they are always hot items, so imagine what they would think if they saw US there?!
    I could promote it from within, setting up flyers and stuff in the store, but I need to know what you guys think and if you'd want to do it.
    Let me know....
  2. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    We're there.. I may debut a saberless jedi, but I'll be there. I may even hae the kids' costumes done.
  3. Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Knight

star 2
    i need to check on something 1st just to make srue..but i believe that i can be there. i shall know for srue next week.
  4. Randy1Kenobi Jedi Knight

i would love to make this event ill see if i can get it off
  5. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good idea.
    I'll try to go and maybe our Sandtrooper too. He has to work that day so we might be a bit late.
  6. darth-blaze Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't go to this one, I will be in Key West on a detacment and I' not coming back until 23rd
  7. ObiWanAmanda Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok...i will be there. But sadly...my TK wont :_|
  8. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Gravy... Do we get to pull out the Thrilla music and all of us do the dance in SW gear on this one?
  9. MAGNIFICENT-SITH Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, actually we do have The Thrilla' playing on weekends lol...even though it's not the original artist, it's pretty close lol..
    I'll start a flyer and post it in the store today so people will see it this weekend and that way they can plan to come back with cameras and such.
  10. DarkTrooper85 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will be there my master.
  11. DarkTrooper85 Jedi Knight

star 1
    actually i take that back i cant be there due to the fact that Winn-Dixie sucks and wont let me off for that day.
  12. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's the weekend so I can go - YIPPIE!
  13. MAGNIFICENT-SITH Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here is an image for the flyer I am going to post at Party City. I took what pictures I could use. Too bad I didn't have any Jedi that were useable. I tried to do one with Chase but the picture was kinda cut off at his waist.
    http://myspace-899.vo.llnwd.net/01250/99/82/1250342899_l.jpg
    -Terry
  14. MAGNIFICENT-SITH Jedi Knight

star 1
    That'd be great if he could come since Luis can't. I had already printed up a trooper unfortunately.
  15. ImperialOrder Jedi Knight

star 2
    I WILL BE PRESENT FOR THIS ONE. REPEAT WILL.

>Steve
  16. Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Score! Will you be wearing your clone trooper?
  17. Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Knight

star 2
    Good news...i shall be there along with my other half..i beleive(need to comfrime it with him 1st..but i shall be there regardless.)
  18. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    Score! Let's party at the party store!
  19. MAGNIFICENT-SITH Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am going to try to get the news cameras or times union newspaper there too. I am kinda wanting to promote a "safe halloween" theme there for the kids. Just kinda passing the word to them to stay close to thier parents, not running across streets, wearing reflective stickers or strips (that we sell there...BONUS! haha), and anything else substantial to being safe at halloween. Hopefully, one of the 2 media types would want to jump on that story.
  20. Randy1Kenobi Jedi Knight

dude i so wish i could go but i have to work late dont want to get fired
  21. JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    hehe... don't worry. one of the things we have had to tell ourselves here is that there are more important things that SW.. like jobs...
  22. MAGNIFICENT-SITH Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, this is going to turn out bigger than I thought. All the fliers I just put out the other day are gone...GONE I tell you. I had about 20-25 printed up, but I had to make more and I bet they are gone by noon tomorrow.
    I have Captain Character, aka Gene, coming too. He does character themed birthday parties and I have actually owrked with him before....very nice guy. Well he is coming as maybe Batman, Spiderman or Scooby Doo. His costumes are the real deal as well. He said he might twist up some lightsaber balloons for the kids that come up.
    We're going to have a grand entrance too. We'll start out in the back of our stockroom, which is kinda small but not too bad to get through, and right as we are about to enter the store to walk up to the front, we are going to blast the fog machine to cover the enteranceway and come out in style lol
    I can't wait...
  23. ---Vossk--- Jedi Knight

star 2
  24. MAGNIFICENT-SITH Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wait..I guess I should elaborate on the fliers...20-25 might not seem like a lot, but when someone takes one and they have two or three kids with them.....they in turn go and tell thier school buddies and the parents tell friends/family members and just on one flier we could have anywhere between 4-10 people show up just based on one flier. From what I know of the Mandarin area, the word of mouth is extremely valuable there.
  25. MiraNova34 Jedi Knight

star 1
    We are gonna have such a good and... spooky time. I might just do the Mara Jade for something different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.